Fortune Cookies

I'm not going to try it, I just wanted to discuss it. Yes the Lord is living inside, but James 5:14 says I should use some oil to get anointed. In that case I could make the argument why do I need the oil when I have God inside of me.

The person who is sick would be the ones calling for the elders of the church to anoint them with oil, which is a symbol of the Holy Spirit. A fortune cookie with a pre written message on it is a different thing, and has no symbolism in Christianity.

This thread makes me think that all you want to do is get your post count up to contend with Mitspa. You should be ashamed.
I know, this is really sad! Ever since I met Where on this site, he has tried to pattern himself after me! I know he looks up to me, but he really needs to judge if this is healthy behavior?.....:(

I mean if you just said "Hi, Lord please just tell me something, anything.. and let the message be in this fortune cookie, Amen!"

I think its important not to limit God, He can speak through various mediums : tv, songs, other people ..... not just within ourselves, like were used to having it....
So, in essence, if He really wanted to get your attention, he could speak through a fortune cookie lol.

Heb 1:1 Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

There are types of and other symbols used in Christianity that resemble the Holy Spirit to give people a point of contact so they can release their faith, but when it comes to communicating the will of God he speaks directly us. He might also confirm what he has already said through people.

Back