Fortune Cookies

If I pray over my fortune cookie and ask God to send me a message through it can I then believe what the fortune says?
Personally I think it's divination:

Deuteronomy 18:10-11 (KJV)
There shall not be found among you [any one] that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, [or] that useth divination, [or] an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

Personally I think it's divination:

Deuteronomy 18:10-11 (KJV)
There shall not be found among you [any one] that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, [or] that useth divination, [or] an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

Not saying I disagree with you but the other side of that argument some would say we don't live under the law anymore but by the Spirit.

Not saying I disagree with you but the other side of that argument some would say we don't live under the law anymore but by the Spirit.
That's just a circular argument...

div·i·na·tion
  1. the practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means.
1 Corinthians 10:22 (KJV)
Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

2 Corinthians 11:2 (KJV)
For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present [you as] a chaste virgin to Christ.

That's just a circular argument...

div·i·na·tion
  1. the practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means.
1 Corinthians 10:22 (KJV)
Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

2 Corinthians 11:2 (KJV)
For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present [you as] a chaste virgin to Christ.
Well I'm not talking about divination. I'm not even talking about trying to see the future.
I'm talking about when people pray they expect an answer, or some type of sign from God. Which in my opinion can come in many different forms. Do you believe God is so limited that he can't send a message through a cookie?

If I pray over my fortune cookie and ask God to send me a message through it can I then believe what the fortune says?
Trick question :) I haven't gone through all the responses.. No offense to anyone in case the responses is duplicate!!

God can certainly speak to a person through fortune cookie.. But the real question is, would He use fortune cookie just because we asked Him to speak to us through that? It sounds more like crystal ball fortune telling.. A better option might be to open Bible and pray that God will send a message through His Word.. That my friend, will work every time :)

I was just thinking about fortune cookies, yesterday. We went to a Chinese restaurant and they gave them out. Our kids read the fortune and I talked a little about telling fortunes and whatnot. I am going to go into more detail, as I got sidetracked at the time.

Trick question :) I haven't gone through all the responses.. No offense to anyone in case the responses is duplicate!!

God can certainly speak to a person through fortune cookie.. But the real question is, would He use fortune cookie just because we asked Him to speak to us through that? It sounds more like crystal ball fortune telling.. A better option might be to open Bible and pray that God will send a message through His Word.. That my friend, will work every time :)
No offense taken...see reply # 27............I like your post better though:).

I was just thinking about fortune cookies, yesterday. We went to a Chinese restaurant and they gave them out. Our kids read the fortune and I talked a little about telling fortunes and whatnot. I am going to go into more detail, as I got sidetracked at the time.
I eat Chinese a lot..Im single..:)....I never accept a fortune cookie because It does have a touch of ungodliness, and I know most can just put away as nothing but I already know who holds my future and all things are "really" working together for my good, Im "predestined" unto glory...don't need no fortune cookie, when you "really" believe that!...(y)

Back