Gal 3:10-14

I can only remember one preterist that we had here, but I honestly can't remember who it was. I seem to remember that he was treated very unfairly.

Pre-tribulation Rapture is really not a "false doctrine". It may or may not be true (I have no personal opinion on this btw), but it isn't a "false doctrine". That term is getting thrown around WAY too often leading me to believe that there is a misunderstanding of what qualifies as a false doctrine. Since our beliefs regarding the order of events is fairly irrelevant to all things regarding Salvation (I guess unless you ARE a preterist or JW), I don't see the need to throw around accusations such as this. It implies that if others do not agree with your interpretation then they must not be saved. That is always the implication of terms such as this and I would consider the usage to be little more than bullying.

Oops! I did a little editing per rule 3.2b just before you posted, Ban. The references to "false doctrine" were edited in all except the deleted post, so feel free to undelete the post if you wish.

It's OK Rumely. I believe I will just keep it the way it is for now. Disrespect for authority and others will not be tolerated on this level. This is why we have rules to begin with.

I can only remember one preterist that we had here, but I honestly can't remember who it was. I seem to remember that he was treated very unfairly.

Pre-tribulation Rapture is really not a "false doctrine". It may or may not be true (I have no personal opinion on this btw), but it isn't a "false doctrine". That term is getting thrown around WAY too often leading me to believe that there is a misunderstanding of what qualifies as a false doctrine. Since our beliefs regarding the order of events is fairly irrelevant to all things regarding Salvation (I guess unless you ARE a preterist or JW), I don't see the need to throw around accusations such as this. It implies that if others do not agree with your interpretation then they must not be saved. That is always the implication of terms such as this and I would consider the usage to be little more than bullying.

I am probably the biggest opposition to Preterism there is on any Christian Forum.

The Pre-Tribulation Rapture Doctrine is a False Doctrine plain and simple.

I would not have said it if it were not true.

JLB

I'm a potential opponent to Preterism since I have yet to see much value in the belief, but I also don't know what actual danger it poses beyond what I've seen with JW doctrine. The only danger it really seems to pose is if you also believe in Pre-Trib Rapture because it would imply that those of us on Earth now have failed to be Raptured. I don't know of any mainstream denominations that subscribe to this this view.

Pre/Post trib rapture isn't a doctrine and so it inherently cannot be definitively true or false. To call it a false doctrine is adding a great deal of weight to something that doesn't seem to deserve much weight.

I often wonder if people honestly do not know/understand the purpose of this site or the rules that we have, or if they simply do not care. If the goal is to make me regret allowing the topic to continue, it seems to be fairly well met.

You misread my post Major. Revlynn's point was that the "Rapture" would be post-Tribulation, not that it would not occur at all.
Personally, I have never found the notion of the Rapture particularly compelling, especially noting the history of the doctrine, but it matters little what folks think, there either will or will not be a "Rapture", time will tell.
If you are right, lots of folks will be pleasantly surprised.

Sorry about that my friend.

But in reality, IMO, of all the positions on the Rapture, a "POST" Trib. Rapture makes no sense whatsoever.

I am probably the biggest opposition to Preterism there is on any Christian Forum.

The Pre-Tribulation Rapture Doctrine is a False Doctrine plain and simple.

I would not have said it if it were not true.

JLB

Of course, your opinion is welcomed as it is from all others. But it is YOUR opinion.

I as well as many others have OUR opinion and IMHO the Rapture is a valid Biblical explination of a coming event which is spoken of and eluded to all through the Scriptures from Genesis to the Revelation.

But it is as is all other things in Scripture, a choice for us to believe. I am distressed that the conversation concerning the Rapture seems to always take a confrontational direction when being discussed. That is very sad as it seems to always close the door of communication.

I would like to say that there are many sound theological reasons why the Church will be raptured before the End Times judgments begin. I will list 3 of them and of course they can be accepted or rejected but I for one will not argue with anyone over them.

[REDACTED - See http://gracethrufaith.com/ikvot-hamashiach/defending-the-pre-trib-rapture-again/ for content of post]

the Rapture is a valid Biblical explanation of a coming event

I agree.

My point is that the Rapture does not take place BEFORE the tribulation.

When reading the Scriptures is becomes very obviouse that the Lord works to keep Israel and the Church separate, never dealing with both at the same time (Acts 15:13-18). If the primary purpose of Daniel’s 70th week is to finish fulfilling the six promises to Israel in Daniel 9:24, then the Church has to disappear.

that the Lord works to keep Israel and the Church separate,

This is exactly OPPOSITE what the word of God says.

12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Your doctrine is opposed to God's Kingdom!

JLB

I agree.

My point is that the Rapture does not take place BEFORE the tribulation.

that the Lord works to keep Israel and the Church separate,

This is exactly OPPOSITE what the word of God says.

12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Your doctrine is opposed to God's Kingdom!

JLB

Dear JLB,

You comment that my doctrine is opposed to God's Kingdom yet you are expousing "Replacement Theology".

I find your opinions rather confusing and unlearned. You posted Eph. 2:12-15 as your basis of understanding.

Replacement theology is based upon some theologians thinking who concluded that much unfulfilled prophecy must have been intended as metaphors and the promises made to Israel were really meant for the church. Once this simple "explanation" was made, large portions of the Bible became open to personal interpretation.

The truth is that the Bible is filled with prophecies promising peace and wealth to Israel, and a great many are still unfulfilled, including a promise detailing specific borders, a promise of a King from the line of David, and a promise that Israel would one day be wholly devoted to God. Given the continued non-existence of a Jewish state and the success of Christian-led endeavors, it was difficult to see how such prophecies would ever be fulfilled. Some assumed they would be more easily and completely fulfilled through the church than through the Jewish people, and replacement theology was born.

Then in order to shift prophecy to the church, several specific promises must be "spiritualized" or "allegorized," that is, reinterpreted non-literally. Abraham's descendants beyond counting all become all Christ-followers, not literal biological descendents. The literal 1,000-year reign of Christ becomes symbolic, either referencing the saints in heaven or the reign of Jesus in believers' hearts.

Read more: http://www.compellingtruth.org/replacement-theology.html#ixzz2WxAJFMPH

Back