Getting Angry When Others Disagree With Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i like the quote ill be your huckleberry. the gifts of the spirit are here. one can not deny that at all. are they used in the correct manner as should be? in some cases i think not. in some things i have seen it was a show of flesh,. Church denomination doctrine discussion has created more strife than anything.... i have yet to meet a person who was wrong. one group believes in signs and wonders. only thing i know is Jesus said there would be no sign given but that of Jonah. they missed it and so are many Christians. one group believes in tongues others dont. one group is osas one group is not. amazing how we can allow things to create division .

i also realize one will see this one will not due to ignore... maybe both sides could find a happy medium is it possible ? see the o.p might just fit this discussion Spot On :eek:

Hello forgiven;

I do and am the original poster, or author. It is sad that many of the strife in the Church has been “numb” as a result despite the efforts of correct teaching of the Word.

I had this same discussion with my brother this morning. He is a strong believer and has been able to diffuse most confrontation in Biblical discussion. At worst will arrive at a point of agreeing to disagree. Even at that it’s good to follow up after personal prayer and thought have taken place.

Bob

God cannot lie, his promises are secure, and we are told to seek the gifts. Without going further with the Lord, we remain on the milk, and maybe some will never get to the strong meat. Here are a few verses for your consideration. I will leave it here, and pray the guidance of the Holy Spirit upon all of God's children. May God bless you.

Read with an open heart and let the spirit flood in. I'm ending this subject here, and pray God's blessing upon us all.
My dear brother in Christ.....God bless you!

Thank you for all of those Scriptures. I am however familiar with all of them. I agree that God cannot lie!

May I say to you that Scripture makes it clear that God alone give spiritual gifts to believers. We can neither earn them nor can we demand to have certain gifts. God gives them as He alone wills.

Now, you are correct in that Paul commanded the church at Corinth to desire the best gifts. So is that a contradiction??????

NO! Instead of commanding them to desire the best gifts he is acknowledging that they are already recepentant the gifts, Thus, he is making a statement as to what they were doing with those gifts that they had received.

Last edited:
I once regularly attended an Assembly of God church, and I noticed that they had a strong belief in the present ability to exercise the miraculous sign gifts. But, they never actually manifested them outside of speaking of them during church. I observed that the focus of their religious experience lay primarily in experiences, and I attribute this to their belief in an outward experiential manifestation of receiving the Holy Spirit into their lives. I saw many believers manifest different behaviors during services, but in their daily lives, they were no different from others around them. Because they chased experiences as validations of the truth of their religious experiences, there was a certain stunting of religious maturity in many of them. Mature Christians were not a common commodity there. If we base our faith on experiences rather than God's Word, we fall into the danger of stunting our growth in Christ. The issue of the present operation of miraculous gifts is not as important as the issue of whether each individual is following God's will according to the mandate found in Romans 12:1-2.
Excellant!

I as well saw the very same thing. I grew up with it. As I got older I questioned it so much my parents had to tell me to be quiet and stop asking so many questions. I did, and instead of listening to the teachers in the church I actually READ the Bible!

The people in question are always chasing the next emotional experience and spiritual high and never finding it.

I to this day have NO earthly idea why the people of this belief have prayer meetings or even why the sick ask for prayer.
Why doesn't the leadership simply go from house to house healing the sick.??????

Last edited:
Hello forgiven;

I do and am the original poster, or author. It is sad that many of the strife in the Church has been “numb” as a result despite the efforts of correct teaching of the Word.

I had this same discussion with my brother this morning. He is a strong believer and has been able to diffuse most confrontation in Biblical discussion. At worst will arrive at a point of agreeing to disagree. Even at that it’s good to follow up after personal prayer and thought have taken place.

Bob
i have a friend a lady Pentecostal preacher who i grew up around in my child hood she is in her 70.s . i ask her about church when she preaches. we talk in text or by phone. we have never discussed the difference between baptist and Pentecost. one of the Churches i was pastor at she came in the area during mothers day. i asked her to speak NOT one time did she cut lose and preach. she just talked about mothers and played the piano . using songs she wrote about scripture.. i mean nothing was said about the baptism of the spirit evidence speaking in tongues.. you know if she ever came to my neck of the woods again. i would ask her to speak and fully trust her to be led of the spirit. i didnt look at her as a preacher but just a lady that could speak about mothers...

your right unity is still alive for those who want it. i have a missionary bapt pastor friend he was fiends with a ASOG pastor they agreed on Jesus . man is the problem not the ;ord

Excellant!

I as well saw the very same thing. I grew up with it. As I got older I questioned it so much my parents had to tell me to be quiet and stop asking so many questions. I did, and instead of listening to the teachers in the church I actually READ the Bible!

The people in question are always chasing the next emotional experience and spiritual high and never finding it.

I to this day have NO earthly idea why the people of this belief have prayer meetings or even why the sick ask for prayer.
Why doesn't the leadership simply go from house to house healing the sick.??????
ahh another invisible post lol i have many friends that are name it claim it emotions. while its not my cup of tea and i dont agree with it. i let them be we cant change them nor they change us. baptist need quit sweating the small stuff

Its like christmas gifts. Not everyone receives the exact same gift. There are lots of different gifts. Don't be jealous that one has been given one and not another. Or try and say to someone your gift is one that God doesn't give. If you have no use for it or haven't asked for it, you probably won't be given it.

Come please quit this fighting and squabbling like spoilt children!

Its like christmas gifts. Not everyone receives the exact same gift. There are lots of different gifts. Don't be jealous that one has been given one and not another. Or try and say to someone your gift is one that God doesn't give. If you have no use for it or haven't asked for it, you probably won't be given it.

Come please quit this fighting and squabbling like spoilt children!
Come down off your high horse and join the rest of humanity.

Have you fought/squabbled with your mate or your children or your parents?????

The discussion is not over gifts or who has them but rather, are the ones you claim to have actually Biblical!

Example: Some claim to have the gift of physical healing.

Then if that is the case, why are there so many people in the hospital??? Why did Covid claim millions of lives?

My contention is simply.....TALK is cheep! Lets see some real production of the claims made.

Come down off your high horse and join the rest of humanity.

Have you fought/squabbled with your mate or your children or your parents?????

The discussion is not over gifts or who has them but rather, are the ones you claim to have actually Biblical!

Example: Some claim to have the gift of physical healing.

Then if that is the case, why are there so many people in the hospital??? Why did Covid claim millions of lives?

My contention is simply.....TALK is cheep! Lets see some real production of the claims made.
rut roh the golden cow got kicked

STAFF STATEMENT:

The title of this thread is "Getting Angry When Others Disagree With Us."

Isn't it ironic that tempers have been exhibited in this thread with that thread title?

All participants are urged to re-read Post # 1 and either settle down and get along, or this thread will be closed and discipline handed out with one week off for anyone, and we DO mean anyone - who continues the bickering.

`

While many people have unfortunately died, millions more still live.

Now, if we were a God-loving people, living a life pleasing to God, it would be like New Testament times. As it is, we have a myriad of cults, total indifference, and millions who deny Christ...
That is true. More like TRILLIONS have died.

So then it comes down to HOW do we act toward others when we are angry.

Last edited:
I read your web site.

It is strictly a Charismatic Pentecostal resource.

There I found this ..........
"If there is no power, no signs and wonders following the Servant who has not finished his/her race, the Holy Spirit has departed from the servant."
To all who are reading this............That comment is very, very false! Signs and wonders, & miracles are not for the Christians who already believe, they accompanied the Gospel and were done in the presence of the unbelievers to have them believe in the message.
If we look at the book of Acts who was it that took up a serpent? (not on purpose) Paul an apostle.
Who laid hands on the sick? The apostles.
Who raised the dead? The Apostles!
Who spoke in differing dialects? The Apostles!

The facts are that This was never a normal occurrence for everyone who was a Christian. It's not that we can't pray for the sick today, we can. And the Lord may use whoever he may wish to today.

However if these signs and wonders were to follow all who believe how could one tell who the apostles were. There would be no distinction in leadership. The very reason for the signs and miracles were to appoint the apostles as a governing leadership over Gods new entity the Church. It was to show that Israel had a change of leadership. This was not entrusted into everyone's hands that believe but those who were hand picked and spent time with Jesus.
Acts 2:43: ......
"Then fear came upon every soul and many signs and wonders are done through the apostles."

Acts 5:12 .......
"And through the hands of the apostles many signs and wonders were done among the people."

Acts 14:3:.......
" Paul and Barnabas speak boldly in the Lord, who bears witness to His word of grace, granting signs sign and wonders to be done through their hands."

2 Corth. 12:12...
"Truly the signs of an apostle were accomplished among you with all perseverance, in signs and wonders and mighty deeds."

Many people today are looking for a person with what they call the "ANNOINTING"!...........Nonsense!

Listen my good brothers and sisters, we all have the same standing before God since we all have the same Holy Spirit and mediator.

Everyone receives the anointing of the Holy Spirit the moment that they receive Jesus. He is the one we all should be seeking, no one can do what he can. When we start looking for those who have some kind of special anoiniting......BE VERY CAREFUL!

God hates the Nicolaity. That is those who say they have more than others and we need to come to them to receive it are exactly what Jesus addressed. Nicolaity, meaning those put in authority to rule over others. Nicolaitan is composed of two words Nico means victor or Conqueror and Laos is the word "Laity" meaning the people. It is a two-class system in which a certain group is given greater prominence over other believers. These are the dominionist rulers of our time. A Nicolaitan is one who rules over the common church member. the idea that we have apostles and prophets today speaks directly to that problem.

Rev. 2:6........
"But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate."

Last edited:
I read your web site.

It is strictly a Charismatic Pentecostal resource.

There I found this ..........
"If there is no power, no signs and wonders following the Servant who has not finished his/her race, the Holy Spirit has departed from the servant."
To all who are reading this............That comment is very, very false! Signs and wonders, & miracles are not for the Christians who already believe, they accompanied the Gospel and were done in the presence of the unbelievers to have them believe in the message.
If we look at the book of Acts who was it that took up a serpent? (not on purpose) Paul an apostle.
Who laid hands on the sick? The apostles.
Who raised the dead? The Apostles!
Who spoke in differing dialects? The Apostles!

The facts are that This was never a normal occurrence for everyone who was a Christian. It's not that we can't pray for the sick today, we can. And the Lord may use whoever he may wish to today.

However if these signs and wonders were to follow all who believe how could one tell who the apostles were. There would be no distinction in leadership. The very reason for the signs and miracles were to appoint the apostles as a governing leadership over Gods new entity the Church. It was to show that Israel had a change of leadership. This was not entrusted into everyone's hands that believe but those who were hand picked and spent time with Jesus.
Acts 2:43: ......
"Then fear came upon every soul and many signs and wonders are done through the apostles."

Acts 5:12 .......
"And through the hands of the apostles many signs and wonders were done among the people."

Acts 14:3:.......
" Paul and Barnabas speak boldly in the Lord, who bears witness to His word of grace, granting signs sign and wonders to be done through their hands."

2 Corth. 12:12...
"Truly the signs of an apostle were accomplished among you with all perseverance, in signs and wonders and mighty deeds."

Many people today are looking for a person with what they call the "ANNOINTING"!...........Nonsense!

Listen my good brothers and sisters, we all have the same standing before God since we all have the same Holy Spirit and mediator.

Everyone receives the anointing of the Holy Spirit the moment that they receive Jesus. He is the one we all should be seeking, no one can do what he can. When we start looking for those who have some kind of special anoiniting......BE VERY CAREFUL!

God hates the Nicolaity. That is those who say they have more than others and we need to come to them to receive it are exactly what Jesus addressed. Nicolaity, meaning those put in authority to rule over others. Nicolaitan is composed of two words Nico means victor or Conqueror and Laos is the word "Laity" meaning the people. It is a two-class system in which a certain group is given greater prominence over other believers. These are the dominionist rulers of our time. A Nicolaitan is one who rules over the common church member. the idea that we have apostles and prophets today speaks directly to that problem.

Rev. 2:6........
"But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate."

That statement reflects a vast and abysmal ignorance. One believing such a thing is in need of prayer.

This Thread is now closed!

Some participants in this thread just can not READ Staff Cautions and comply. (Post # 84)

Rules Violations:
2.1 - Courtesy.
2.3 - hijacking a thread and taking it off topic.
3.0 - not being friendly.
3.1 - demeaning others.
3.2 - inflammatory remarks.
3.2b - superiority posting.
5.1 - failure to comply with a staff statement, caution or request.

Are you proud of yourselves for your behavior?
Do you feel that you have acted in a Christian way?

The staff has a list of offenders and if this type of behavior continues elsewhere in the Forum, Accounts will be suspended for a minimum of 3 days and a maximum of a permanent ban.

THINK before you post anywhere in this Forum!

`

STAFF STATEMENT:

The title of this thread is "Getting Angry When Others Disagree With Us."

Isn't it ironic that tempers have been exhibited in this thread with that thread title?

All participants are urged to re-read Post # 1 and either settle down and get along, or this thread will be closed and discipline handed out with one week off for anyone, and we DO mean anyone - who continues the bickering.

`

This Thread is now closed!

Some participants in this thread just can not READ Staff Cautions and comply. (Post # 84)

Rules Violations:
2.1 - Courtesy.
2.3 - hijacking a thread and taking it off topic.
3.0 - not being friendly.
3.1 - demeaning others.
3.2 - inflammatory remarks.
3.2b - superiority posting.
5.1 - failure to comply with a staff statement, caution or request.

Are you proud of yourselves for your behavior?
Do you feel that you have acted in a Christian way?

The staff has a list of offenders and if this type of behavior continues elsewhere in the Forum, Accounts will be suspended for a minimum of 3 days and a maximum of a permanent ban.

THINK before you post anywhere in this Forum!

`

When I got back into town last Sunday and opened up Christian Forum Site there was a Moderator Staff Statement and the part that disappointed me was how the posts continued seemingly ignoring the caution of our conduct. Then yesterday the ModeratorTeam Closed the Thread.

I prayerfully submitted this topic Getting Angry When Others Disagree With Us. I don't like threads being closed but it validated my point.

As I was read each post it escalated between members getting way off topic, especially the seasoned members. All the knowledge and the goal of
winning writing points falls short with the membership nor do they help learn and grow in Christ.

It's sad when a member presents God's Word then displays a confrontational response of each other's posts. This forces the staff to monitor and deemed necessary when to moderate, as in this thread.

I'm strongly encouraging any member if you cannot adhere to the forum rules, while posting your knowledge and understanding of the Scriptures then please don't post. If it means taking your disposition to another site then you have our blessing.

Another concern was brought to the staff. For those who have criticized the moderator staff openly in the forums, please remember they are volunteers and many times must guard their heart and tongue. Please read this forum rule which will be enforced going forward;

Rule 5.2 If you believe that a Moderator/Helper directive is incorrect you should not discuss it in the open forum. Instead send a private message to the Administrator or a different staff member for discussion. Threads or posts in the open forum discussing CFS members who have been disciplined in any way, criticizing CFS Rules or criticizing CFS staff members will not be permitted. Such threads or posts will be deleted and warnings and/or restrictions will be issued at the discretion of the Forum staff.

I'm sorry for the members who have confided in me how discouraging it is to read these confrontational posts. Christian Forum Site is God's site. Our vision is to present a friendly environment. If it means only a few can enjoy the fellowship here then I welcome those who seek a comfortable forum to fellowship.

Please pray with me for God to intervene in these threads / posts and bringing us back into the heart of worship.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back