Heaven

1 Corinthians 2:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Yes but carry on reading 1 Corinthians 2:10-16

God has revealed it to us! Hallelujah. Not by the spirit of the world but by the spirit of God. So we can know about Heaven.

Yes but carry on reading 1 Corinthians 2:10-16

God has revealed it to us! Hallelujah. Not by the spirit of the world but by the spirit of God. So we can know about Heaven.

Hi Lanolin, just a quick note before heading off to sleep. For many many years, I had a misunderstanding of that Heaven is. Since then, what I have learned is that Heaven is only a brief stop for the children of God. We are destined to return to earth and, after final judgement, God will create a new earth where we will live, free of the misery we deal with now, for ever.

"Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God." (Revelations 21 (NIV))

God intended for us to live on earth and it is on earth that we will live.

rtm3039

Hi Lanolin, just a quick note before heading off to sleep. For many many years, I had a misunderstanding of that Heaven is. Since then, what I have learned is that Heaven is only a brief stop for the children of God. We are destined to return to earth and, after final judgement, God will create a new earth where we will live, free of the misery we deal with now, for ever.

"Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God." (Revelations 21 (NIV))

God intended for us to live on earth and it is on earth that we will live.

rtm3039

Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 King James Version (KJV)
5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 King James Version (KJV)
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Jews will be raised to live on Earth. Christians go to heaven.

Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 King James Version (KJV)
5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 King James Version (KJV)
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Jews will be raised to live on Earth. Christians go to heaven.

Saul Mine, this is the first I have heard of this.

My understanding is that heaven and earth will become one "to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ." (Ephesians 1:10 (NIV)) and that God Himself will live on the new earth: "I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God." (Revelations 21: 2-3 (NIV))

rtm3039

What JEsus revealed to John in the book of revelation...we have a description of it which I was referring to in this thread about the last chapter were it says theres a pure river of life, as clear as crystal proceeding out of the throne of the lamb. Theres the tree of life, bearing twelve fruits in twelve months and the leaves of the tree arefor the healing of nations. I suspect it is an olive because of the two witnesses described as olives in the previous chapters.

The descriptions of heaven echo the garden of eden before the fall..with the rivers, precious stones, and tree of life. Saints are clothed in white robes, and they are waving palms and singing praises to God.

You can read all this in book of Revelation. Nothing stopping you from reading it! In fact, The book of revelation says anyone who reads it will be blessed. Jesus did ask John to write it and we are blessed to have heaven revealed to us while we still in our mortal bodies. Just a glimpse though of His glory. We are going to see Him face to face.

What JEsus revealed to John in the book of revelation...we have a description of it which I was referring to in this thread about the last chapter were it says theres a pure river of life, as clear as crystal proceeding out of the throne of the lamb. Theres the tree of life, bearing twelve fruits in twelve months and the leaves of the tree arefor the healing of nations. I suspect it is an olive because of the two witnesses described as olives in the previous chapters.

The descriptions of heaven echo the garden of eden before the fall..with the rivers, precious stones, and tree of life. Saints are clothed in white robes, and they are waving palms and singing praises to God.

You can read all this in book of Revelation. Nothing stopping you from reading it! In fact, The book of revelation says anyone who reads it will be blessed. Jesus did ask John to write it and we are blessed to have heaven revealed to us while we still in our mortal bodies. Just a glimpse though of His glory. We are going to see Him face to face.

Hi, again. Once again, I cannot tell is you are responding to me or just making a general comment.

The description you are highlighting appears to be that of the New Earth and not actually heaven, but I do agree that it is the re-birth of the Garden of Eden. I am still trying t fully understand the idea of a New Earth and Heaven (Isaiah 65:17); new Garden of Eden (Genesis 2, Ezekiel 47); and a new Jerusalem (Isaiah 2, Zephaniah 3). Am also interested in the meaning of these numbers (2, 7, 10, 12).

I did find an interesting source to determine the meaning of numbers in the bible: http://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/1.html

"Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever." (Revelations 22: 1 - 5 (NIV))

rtm3039

Hi, again. Once again, I cannot tell is you are responding to me or just making a general comment.

The description you are highlighting appears to be that of the New Earth and not actually heaven, but I do agree that it is the re-birth of the Garden of Eden. I am still trying t fully understand the idea of a New Earth and Heaven (Isaiah 65:17); new Garden of Eden (Genesis 2, Ezekiel 47); and a new Jerusalem (Isaiah 2, Zephaniah 3). Am also interested in the meaning of these numbers (2, 7, 10, 12).

I did find an interesting source to determine the meaning of numbers in the bible: http://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/1.html

"Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever." (Revelations 22: 1 - 5 (NIV))

rtm3039
Heaven comes down to earth. Is how I understand it.

Be blessed.

I do write general comments in reply to everyone, and usually I do that to get things back to the topic of the OP.

Am much better now after a week of laying low.

Talking with Jesus..I wonder if we'll all get to have appointments alone with Him cos everyone will want to see Him I expect. But since we have eternity, I suppose it wont matter. I would want to go for a walk with Jesus on water. Ive always been afraid of the water and not a good swimmer.

Am much better now after a week of laying low.

Talking with Jesus..I wonder if we'll all get to have appointments alone with Him cos everyone will want to see Him I expect. But since we have eternity, I suppose it wont matter. I would want to go for a walk with Jesus on water. Ive always been afraid of the water and not a good swimmer.
Well, the good news is that, if you get to walk on water, you do not have to worry about swimming. :)

I am uncertain what heaven is anymore. As a child heaven to me was in the sky and God was going to come get us and take us into this beautiful magical place surrounded by birds and trees and waterfalls. A place where we could just roam and live freely, a place where i'd get to eat and sleep and swim (even though i cant swim yet) :D Just a beautiful, peaceful place where we would get to have a huge bonfire with our friends and family. I love nature and the outdoors and so this is what I imagined it to be like. However, now that I am older, I feel heaven is right here but somehow we are blinded to it until we have accomplished the purpose of our lives (this may change as I am still trying to figure this out..heaven/hell) but for now...I think it is right here but hidden from our eyes until our work is done.

I am uncertain what heaven is anymore. As a child heaven to me was in the sky and God was going to come get us and take us into this beautiful magical place surrounded by birds and trees and waterfalls. A place where we could just roam and live freely, a place where i'd get to eat and sleep and swim (even though i cant swim yet) :D Just a beautiful, peaceful place where we would get to have a huge bonfire with our friends and family. I love nature and the outdoors and so this is what I imagined it to be like. However, now that I am older, I feel heaven is right here but somehow we are blinded to it until we have accomplished the purpose of our lives (this may change as I am still trying to figure this out..heaven/hell) but for now...I think it is right here but hidden from our eyes until our work is done.

"After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.”" Revelation 4 (NIV). My pastor explained it as heaving being a temporary resting place, until the "after this." takes place.

rtm3039

I am just starting (for the third time) a fantastic book called Revealing the Mysteries of Heaven by David Jeremiah. I really would recommend it as it certainly opened my eyes on the subject, and made me think.

Let's talk about Heaven!

I think for each of us believers, God prepares a special place in His presence, but we are all different and unique so what does Heaven mean to you personally? And what kind of things are you looking forward to in Heaven?

For me. When I think of heaven God knows it will have no weeds and I wont need to do any laundry! My cats will be there and my friends who have now passed on will be reuinited. People whove showed kindness to me will all be there, in ways they might not have registered. I look forward to having a totally healed, holy spiritual body that has no blemish or spot...! Or even it does happen to gave any spots it will be a beauty spot! There will be a vast library that I could spend eternity in reading out loud everyones testimonies who are written in the lambs book of life. The clothing willbe glorious and the food will be amazing. Plus I will get to ask God how he makes the universe work. Like I've often wondered how weather happens and what the deal is rain, wind and volcanoes. Or how He created each creature. I will get to meet Abraham and all his family. I will have absolutely no fear because theres no darkness in heaven, nobody is going to bite you and I will be able to swim with no fear of drowning. I will never be bored in heaven it will be so beautiful and everyone will be singing praises there will be no reason to ever feel down in the dumps. And how can it get old it will never get old!
Just some of the things....!

No more doctor visits.

No more funerals to preside at.

No more goodbyes.

All of these are worth the struggle. I'd like to learn everything I do not know. I've yet to experience the main and physical discomfort, but I know that's coming too.

rtm3039
Wait, You've never experienced physical discomfort...? Nobody's ever died, or you've never seen anyone die or gone to a funeral? Or even been to a doctor? How is that possible. Just wondering...

Back