Help-computer is junk!!~!

So-I run the program-Active X still keeps on popping up sometimes multiple times-I have inherited beaucoup promlems with this laptop!!~!

Pattycake: Sometimes when an Active X pop up comes on the screen, the Actve X protocol for whichever website you are visiting is not supported by the Active X version (or lack of it) in your PC.

From a TECH standpoint, you may wish to read the question and engineering reply located in the URL below. This MAY assist you, but follow the instructions to the letter before going through the procedure...

ActiveX pop-up. - Tech Support Guy Forums

If that does not help try using system restore to a date earlier than when the problems appeared or contact Microsoft.

...... and if THAT doesn't work ( why do I get the impression that Microsoft has 'issues' with their software?? :eek: ) ...

... Then just go to the site below and download the most recent FIREFOX BROWSER. That will eliminate the Active X issue because it has it's own internal decoder that replaces the (MSN) Active X protocol as used in the IE 6 and IE 7 browsers.

Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable

That is a great suggestion Pastor Gary. Firefox is a great replacement for the IE browser and so far I have had zero trouble with it.

:)-I know-I just should not get so aggravated-I bought it at a used business machine company-guess I'll take it back and let THEM fix it!!~!-:D

No darlin'- I paid $225 dollars for it and it is 8 years old-used- no telling what the former owner did to it!!~!!

That is typical but I am an IT professional by trade so I am positive I could fix it but hey $225 not bad for a laptop if you can get it to work :)

Was it broken when you got it? If not did you download any new software in it?

Back