How can you be not consumed and compare yourself to others?

I think myself and other young Christians as well are often faced with this challenge. As a young Christian I by no means think I am missing out on anything. I love God and I will never return to my old life. But did anyone at any point in their life ever look at other persons,who are not saved, not praying as hard as you are, not serving God as much as you are, don't believe in God like you do yet still, they prosper.....

And then you are there just waiting on God watching everybody else receive tons of blessings. Comparison is the thief of Joy, yes. But how do you not allow yourself to not be consumed by that?

I know the feeling. I think we all do. We are happy for them. Always better to see someone prosper then be in poverty. So it is not envy or jealousy. But we just wish we were doing as well as them.

This kind of test is of God mostly. God can give you everything you want and more right now. It is easy for Him. If we can print paper money, God can print gold and better. But if He doesn't it is for a reason. He wants us to have our priorities right. He is a jealous God. We live for God. We do not live for ourselves down here. If we try and find our life, we will lose it! God puts us where He wants and needs us to be. God feeds us / gives us our daily provision. We are to be more focused on treasure in heaven Matt 6:20. We live by every word that comes from God.

We just need to ensure that our lack is not of our own doing. Nobody can help a lazy person. God cannot help someone who 'thinks' they are His either. He only hears the prayers of the Godly person who does His will John 9:31.

James 4:3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

I think myself and other young Christians as well are often faced with this challenge. As a young Christian I by no means think I am missing out on anything. I love God and I will never return to my old life. But did anyone at any point in their life ever look at other persons,who are not saved, not praying as hard as you are, not serving God as much as you are, don't believe in God like you do yet still, they prosper.....

And then you are there just waiting on God watching everybody else receive tons of blessings. Comparison is the thief of Joy, yes. But how do you not allow yourself to not be consumed by that?

I think something to remember is that those who are prospering in any other way or from any other source other than God, are not protected by God. Its temporary and may include toil or is something they have to labor to receive. We should rejoice and be happy for them. Knowing as we wait on God....anyone who waits on God will not be disappointed (psalms). God has plans to bless us. Plans to prosper us (Jeremiah 29:11-13). And when we wait on Him everything we do (if we are following His footsteps and lead) will be very blessed by Him and we will have good success. Read proverbs 16:3 in the Amplified classic ... "Roll your works upon the Lord (commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable (or line up) to His will, and) so shall your plans be established and succeed.
Also God is reminding me of
Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

2 Corinthians 4:18
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

2 Corinthians 5:7
(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

Jesus talks about this......
Mat 6:24 — Mat 6:34
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

God bless!

Last edited:

Read Phillipians chapter 4, and in verse 11 we find Paul's contentness.

Remember, being prosperous in the physical world is not promised to us anywhere in the bible. In fact the exact opposite is promised to us. Christians are guaranteed trials and tribulation for their faith, but in the eternal scheme of things we have so much more than this world has to offer.

So to answer your question, on how to not compare yourself to others comes down to pursuing a strong relationship with Christ. If you are walking a steady walk with the Lord in meekness and humbleness, you will not be comparing yourself to others.

Read Phillipians chapter 4, and in verse 11 we find Paul's contentness.

Remember, being prosperous in the physical world is not promised to us anywhere in the bible. In fact the exact opposite is promised to us. Christians are guaranteed trials and tribulation for their faith, but in the eternal scheme of things we have so much more than this world has to offer.

So to answer your question, on how to not compare yourself to others comes down to pursuing a strong relationship with Christ. If you are walking a steady walk with the Lord in meekness and humbleness, you will not be comparing yourself to others.

I agree with most of what you said....but we are promised to be prosperous in this world if we do as you are talking about and put Jesus, His ways of doing things and our relationship with Him above everything else.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 19:29
And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

Luke 6:38
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Psa 112:1 — Psa 112:3

112 Praise ye the Lord.
Blessed is the man that feareth the Lord,
that delighteth greatly in his commandments.
His seed shall be mighty upon earth:
the generation of the upright shall be blessed.
Wealth and riches shall be in his house:
and his righteousness endureth for ever.

2Co 9:7 — 2Co 9:12
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.
Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;) Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God. For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God;

God bless you abundantly

1. Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

2. Matthew 19:29
And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

3. Luke 6:38
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

4. Psa 112:1 — Psa 112:3
112 Praise ye the Lord.

5. 2Co 9:7 — 2Co 9:12
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.
Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;) Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God. For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God;

God bless you abundantly
If we look at history we do see Godly nations prospering. That is not ever up for debate. So there is a lot of truth in your post. My gripe as you likely know, is purely with it being a promise / something we can claim.

1. This is evidence of needs being met. Which for many can be seen as prosperity. But others not.
2. I really don't like it when this verse is used to support prosperity. This is talking about inheriting a new family in Christ and it may be earthly prosperity, but also may not be. The hundredfold return is more likely heaven. Has anyone on earth ever received a 100 fold return on their investment. I can buy a tenfold, but hundredfold? Just think about it.
3. No quams here. This can be used for earthly prosperity. But yet....it could also be heavenly prosperity.
4. Can't argue with that verse. Just, it is as I said above not a promise to all the righteous. It is like healings and miracles 'follow' us. We dont force them.
5. For a Christian all sufficiency does not have to include surplus money 'for ourselves'. Look at Mother Theresa. She needed money to help the poor and she got it. But she used none of it for herself. She had all sufficiency.

I personally believe not all of us are strong Christians. Myself included. I want financial prosperity. I would say I am a little above average at the moment. I like my nice house, car and bike. I could likely never do anything close to what Mother Theresa did. I have to admit that she is a better Christian then I will ever be. She pursued the things of the spirit and not the flesh on a level I never can. Well am not anywhere close to it at the moment :).

I always think about the early disciples. How they communed and put all their money together. Used what they needed and gave the rest away to the poor. They were not obsessed with the luxuries of that day.

Last edited:
I know the feeling. I think we all do. We are happy for them. Always better to see someone prosper then be in poverty. So it is not envy or jealousy. But we just wish we were doing as well as them.

This kind of test is of God mostly. God can give you everything you want and more right now. It is easy for Him. If we can print paper money, God can print gold and better. But if He doesn't it is for a reason. He wants us to have our priorities right. He is a jealous God. We live for God. We do not live for ourselves down here. If we try and find our life, we will lose it! God puts us where He wants and needs us to be. God feeds us / gives us our daily provision. We are to be more focused on treasure in heaven Matt 6:20. We live by every word that comes from God.

We just need to ensure that our lack is not of our own doing. Nobody can help a lazy person. God cannot help someone who 'thinks' they are His either. He only hears the prayers of the Godly person who does His will John 9:31.

James 4:3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

Yes, you are not jealous of them at all. I actually feel genuinely happy for them. It's good to see people get their heart's desires.But then you say, " hey God, what about me? I've been praying for this for a million years."

I think something to remember is that those who are prospering in any other way or from any other source other than God, are not protected by God. Its temporary and may include toil or is something they have to labor to receive. We should rejoice and be happy for them. Knowing as we wait on God....anyone who waits on God will not be disappointed (psalms). God has plans to bless us. Plans to prosper us (Jeremiah 29:11-13). And when we wait on Him everything we do (if we are following His footsteps and lead) will be very blessed by Him and we will have good success. Read proverbs 16:3 in the Amplified classic ... "Roll your works upon the Lord (commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable (or line up) to His will, and) so shall your plans be established and succeed.
Also God is reminding me of
Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

2 Corinthians 4:18
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

2 Corinthians 5:7
(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

Jesus talks about this......
Mat 6:24 — Mat 6:34
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

God bless!
Yes, those who wait on god will not be disappointed :) Love that!
Sometimes they're success doesn't seem very temporary. They just keep prospering and prospering, one great thing after the next. Then you are sitting here, in the same place where you were a million years ago,thinking awesome but.....what about me? :confused: It's almost like you are sitting still and watching life pass by.

It is never a good idea to "compare" our self's to other people. The only person we are to compare our self's to is Jesus Christ who is our role model. When we see him we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. Vision + faith is necessary for faith to work in our favor. Having all our "needs" met is something that the Lord has already given us from the beginning. Asking for these things can only be done in faith if we know what he has already given us. Since faith comes by hearing the Word God, finding out what we have already have coupled by speaking them out brings that faith so we can ask and receive all these things.
Even though the Lord already knows what things we have need of before we ask, he still requires us to ask him for them. Seeing your self with these things by faith is what gives your faith something to work on. It is only through these great and precious "promises" that the Lord has given us do we find out what he has already given us to ask him for.

2Pe 1:3.. According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
2Pe 1:4.. Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Anytime a person gives you a promise, that requires you to go to that person who promised it so you can receive what was promised. After finding what the Lord has already given you then you, Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

"Comparison is a thief of joy”

One of my hobby/habit when I have nothing to do or making myself to sleep : )
is to demolish some famous quote of famous people… unless it is based on a Biblical wisdom then it will be sound…

Am thinking of Bible verse related to that quote “Comparison is a thief of joy”

Is there a Biblical wisdom/quote related to it?....I can’t think of one as of now…

So: since I cannot think of one: will demolish that argument/conclusion/quote "Comparison is a thief of joy"...

compared to whom?
Compared to the those who do not enjoy listening to “Lord, you are more precious than silver”?

Oh my, what a comparison……

The more difficult comparison will be to compare to those who enjoy listening ‘Lord, you are more precious than silver” and they are blessed with material wealth….

Oh my, why would I compare: they believe as well as I do, they have more task to do than I, to share those wealth : )

On my, am a bit lazy or at a bit disorganized….am been compared to an ant…got to do more tomorrow : )

Proverbs 6New King James Version (NKJV)
6 Go to the ant, you sluggard!
Consider her ways and be wise,
7 Which, having no captain,
Overseer or ruler,
8 Provides her supplies in the summer,
And gathers her food in the harvest.
9 How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your sleep?
10 A little sleep, a little slumber,
A little folding of the hands to sleep—
11 So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler,
And your need like an armed man.

Last edited:

May I say to you as a seasoned Christian that what you are asking is very, very common. We all have experienced what you have expounded on. Then I would tell you that comparing our lives with others is foolish. Then I would encourage you to find inspiration and learning from others which is a really wise thing to do. I would also add that we all need to work hard to learn the difference.

A suggestion would be to humbly ask questions of the people you admire or read biographies as inspiration. But if comparison is a consistent tendency in your life, notice which attitudes prompt positive change and which result in negative influence.

Then ask yourself this question: Is God meeting my needs? If the answer is YES, then stop looking and simply thank and praise the Lord. Don't allow your emotions to attach themselves to your wants. That is always a no-win situation. The secret then IMO to contentment is knowing the difference between what you need and what you want and only God know what you need.

If we really love God we must completely trust Him. Then when others are prospering and our world is falling apart, we can be assured that God loves us and things inside of us do not have to fall apart. Contentment then becomes the process whereby we trust God even when things seem out of our control and everyone else is getting what we want.

I agree with most of what you said....but we are promised to be prosperous in this world if we do as you are talking about and put Jesus, His ways of doing things and our relationship with Him above everything else.

Matthew 6:33

Matthew 19:29

Luke 6:38

Psa 112:1 — Psa 112:3

112 Praise ye the Lord.

2Co 9:7 — 2Co 9:12

God bless you abundantly

While I agree that we will be prosperous in spirit, physical prosperity up until recent history was never a Christian virtue. Look at every disciple and apostle in the new testament. Prosperous in the physical sense they were not, but their spirits were prosperous.

Yes, you are not jealous of them at all. I actually feel genuinely happy for them. It's good to see people get their heart's desires.But then you say, " hey God, what about me? I've been praying for this for a million years."
You're the problem. (So am I.) God has given us promises in His word that we choose to ignore or discount. Here's an example: I used to believe I could pray for anyone and they'd get what I prayed for them. And it was happened. But, because I knew I was a sinner, God wouldn't hear my prayer. That's a double minded man. What happens to a double minded man?

James 1:6-8 (KJV)
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man [is] unstable in all his ways.​

Here's a very scary and truthful statement:

If you need faith to be saved, and when you have a need and you do not exercise faith that God will do as He's promised in His word for those walking in faith, how do you know you have enough faith to be saved? The just(tified) shall live by faith!

The devil has stolen the very thing Jesus gave us all, John 10:10. What happens to someone that kills another? Their blood is required of them, Luke 11:50. The devil thought that by killing Jesus he would be rid of Him and the devil would continue to rule the world. Jesus came in the flesh as 100% man. Yes, He was also 100% God, but He chose never to use His authority, John 8:28. He had to learn obedience, Heb 5:8. His actions were only based on the guidance of the Holy Spirit, period, Mat 4:1. When the devil killed an innocent Man, he forfeited his right to the universe, and Jesus took back what He gave Adam. What was it that Jesus gave us all as Christians? The Holy Spirit, John 7:39. The SAME Spirit He was guided by and He obeyed. So instead of eliminating Jesus and His power, the devil allowed Jesus to make His followers just like Him, living in faith, doing MORE than He did, John 14:12.

Enoch said we cannot please God without faith, Heb 11:6. If you have doubt then you have nothing to say to God, Heb 3:12, for He is a God of faith. You must have faith, believing in your heart, not your head, that He will give you all things, Rom 8:32.

So with all this information, you need to have faith and believe, Rom 4:21, that is a rewarder of them that DILIGENTLY seek Him, Heb 11:6. So let's say you start quoting the word of God for what you need, Psa 23:1, and you end it "if it be Your will." You're negating EVERYTHING you just prayed for! It IS God's will, or do you not believe the word of God.

Matthew 8:13 (KJV)
And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, [so] be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.​

Matthew 19:26 (KJV)
But Jesus beheld [them], and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Matthew 21:21-22 (KJV)
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this [which is done] to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.​

So if you say "But I believe in my heart ALL these promises, but I still don't receive anything." Then it's still you!

Proverbs 28:13 (KJV)
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh [them] shall have mercy.​

Psalms 66:18 (KJV)
If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear [me]:​

So whatever shall I do?

1 John 1:9 (KJV)
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.​

CRY out to God!! He is the only One that can find that hindering sin.

Psalms 139:23-24 (KJV)
Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if [there be any] wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.​

Doubt too is a sin, Rom 14:23.

Once I learned this, my life changed forever.

Listen to this sermon: 2004-06-19 Divine Healing - Gateway Church (http://tlsm.dreamhosters.com/Audio/2004-06-19 Divine Healing - Gateway Church.mp3)

You're the problem. (So am I.) God has given us promises in His word that we choose to ignore or discount. Here's an example: I used to believe I could pray for anyone and they'd get what I prayed for them. And it was happened. But, because I knew I was a sinner, God wouldn't hear my prayer. That's a double minded man. What happens to a double minded man?

But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man [is] unstable in all his ways.​

Here's a very scary and truthful statement:

If you need faith to be saved, and when you have a need and you do not exercise faith that God will do as He's promised in His word for those walking in faith, how do you know you have enough faith to be saved? The just(tified) shall live by faith!

The devil has stolen the very thing Jesus gave us all, John 10:10. What happens to someone that kills another? Their blood is required of them, Luke 11:50. The devil thought that by killing Jesus he would be rid of Him and the devil would continue to rule the world. Jesus came in the flesh as 100% man. Yes, He was also 100% God, but He chose never to use His authority, John 8:28. He had to learn obedience, Heb 5:8. His actions were only based on the guidance of the Holy Spirit, period, Mat 4:1. When the devil killed an innocent Man, he forfeited his right to the universe, and Jesus took back what He gave Adam. What was it that Jesus gave us all as Christians? The Holy Spirit, John 7:39. The SAME Spirit He was guided by and He obeyed. So instead of eliminating Jesus and His power, the devil allowed Jesus to make His followers just like Him, living in faith, doing MORE than He did, John 14:12.

Enoch said we cannot please God without faith, Heb 11:6. If you have doubt then you have nothing to say to God, Heb 3:12, for He is a God of faith. You must have faith, believing in your heart, not your head, that He will give you all things, Rom 8:32.

So with all this information, you need to have faith and believe, Rom 4:21, that is a rewarder of them that DILIGENTLY seek Him, Heb 11:6. So let's say you start quoting the word of God for what you need, Psa 23:1, and you end it "if it be Your will." You're negating EVERYTHING you just prayed for! It IS God's will, or do you not believe the word of God.

Matthew 8:13 (KJV)
And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, [so] be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.​

Matthew 19:26 (KJV)
But Jesus beheld [them], and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Matthew 21:21-22 (KJV)
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this [which is done] to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.​

So if you say "But I believe in my heart ALL these promises, but I still don't receive anything." Then it's still you!

Proverbs 28:13 (KJV)
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh [them] shall have mercy.​

Psalms 66:18 (KJV)
If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear [me]:​

So whatever shall I do?

1 John 1:9 (KJV)
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.​

CRY out to God!! He is the only One that can find that hindering sin.

Psalms 139:23-24 (KJV)
Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if [there be any] wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.​

Doubt too is a sin, Rom 14:23.

Once I learned this, my life changed forever.

Listen to this sermon: 2004-06-19 Divine Healing - Gateway Church (http://tlsm.dreamhosters.com/Audio/2004-06-19 Divine Healing - Gateway Church.mp3)

Thank you! I understand what you are saying. I didn't think of things that way. I find it very easy to pray for people and I always encourage them and tell them that God will work it out for them and they shouldn't worry about it. It's funny how I can't adopt that for myself.

I had no idea doubt was sinful:oops:

Thank you! I understand what you are saying. I didn't think of things that way. I find it very easy to pray for people and I always encourage them and tell them that God will work it out for them and they shouldn't worry about it. It's funny how I can't adopt that for myself.

I had no idea doubt was sinful:oops:
Me either! I've been a Christian for over 37 years and I'm still learning the basics! My life has turned around completely by believing the whole word of God, living holy and righteous life, denying my flesh, praying for EVERYTHING, and believing His promises! The word doubt means to split from the truth to another opinion! If God said:

Mark 11:24 (KJV)
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive [them], and ye shall have [them].​

First: whatever "I" desire.
Second: pray
Third: believe
Fourth: receive
Five: I SHALL have

Glory to God!!! :D

Me either! I've been a Christian for over 37 years and I'm still learning the basics! My life has turned around completely by believing the whole word of God, living holy and righteous life, denying my flesh, praying for EVERYTHING, and believing His promises! The word doubt means to split from the truth to another opinion! If God said:

Mark 11:24 (KJV)
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive [them], and ye shall have [them].​

First: whatever "I" desire.
Second: pray
Third: believe
Fourth: receive
Five: I SHALL have

Glory to God!!! :D

I took that verse literally until I heard someone say, but you will only receive it if its only God's will. So then that made me doubtful. Because I kept thinking, well what if it isn't God's will?:confused: So I got confused because the verse says what it says and then they are telling me no. So sometimes I just know something. I just know something is mine but don't see a way to reach it. So i'll pray but then i'll get doubtful because then I think, well maybe it's not in your will, so maybe i'll have it, maybe I won't.

I took that verse literally until I heard someone say, but you will only receive it if its only God's will. So then that made me doubtful. Because I kept thinking, well what if it isn't God's will?:confused: So I got confused because the verse says what it says and then they are telling me no. So sometimes I just know something. I just know something is mine but don't see a way to reach it. So i'll pray but then i'll get doubtful because then I think, well maybe it's not in your will, so maybe i'll have it, maybe I won't.
I know EXACTLY what you mean! So this is what the Lord gave me:

I doubt, I believe, then I doubt again and the circle keeps going until I'm sick of "trying". That's when you have to be fully persuaded just like Paul says:

Romans 4:21 (KJV)
And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.​

Once you have it, then what?

Ephesians 6:16 (KJV)
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.​

I know EXACTLY what you mean! So this is what the Lord gave me:

I doubt, I believe, then I doubt again and the circle keeps going until I'm sick of "trying". That's when you have to be fully persuaded just like Paul says:

Romans 4:21 (KJV)
And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.​

Once you have it, then what?

Ephesians 6:16 (KJV)
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.​

Thank you :) That about clears it up. It has happened to me a lot where I wavered until I just gave up and said...ahhhh just forget about it. Thank you for all the examples of the verses as well. I'll need to write them down :)

Back