How did you get saved?

I had never heard the Gospel and no one ever explained anything Biblical to me. One day for various reasons I opened up a Bible and read the words of Jesus. That moment I knew the Bible was the word of God and I put my faith in Jesus Christ as my savior. It really was a simple as that, and my life changed drastically as a result.
Great!

I had never heard the Gospel and no one ever explained anything Biblical to me. One day for various reasons I opened up a Bible and read the words of Jesus. That moment I knew the Bible was the word of God and I put my faith in Jesus Christ as my savior. It really was a simple as that, and my life changed drastically as a result.
This must mean that the Holy Spirit was influencing you, because the Bible is foolishness to the unbeliever.

I'm going to get it through my dad.

Hmmmmm, i have one question (which is just for you to think about) and then God has a story for you. Does your dad know that your mom already said no.

Now the story...God reminded me of the story of Abraham, and Sarah. Now God had promised Abraham that he was going to be a father of many nations. But Abraham and Sarah did not wait for God's timing. They took matters into their own hands, and Ishmael was born. About 14 or 15 years later God gave them Isaac. And then when Isaac was older, Ishmael started fighting with Isaac, and they still fight to this day..Israel and the Palestinians. Anyway the point that i believe God is trying to show you is that when God says no, or not yet, and we try to do things in our own strength, then we are not getting God's best. God loves us so very much! And He always wants us to have the best of things. Because God knows everything and has perfect timing, He can see if there are things ahead the we cannot see. Or problems that we cannot see.

If you go behind your mom's back i do not think it will please God. God loves you, there is no doubt about that, but this time He is trying to teach you to wait on Him. To remind you to ask Him if the thing (this time it is a Bible, another time it may be a car or a job or a wife or whatever) that you want is the right one or if you should be waiting for Him to show You the one that He wants you to have.

When you get older, and even now, it is a good habit to get into to ask God (like you have been doing about the laminated cards, and for direction on witnessing) to give you directions in all areas. He desires to be apart of every area of our lives. And the more we get used to asking Him, and waiting on Him, the better...because when you are where God wants you, then that is where your blessings are, and your peace in life, and such, and it makes the devils job of messing with you more difficult, because you are abiding under the shadow of the Almighty. In other words in God's divine protection.

I pray that all works out for you! And that God blesses you with peace and joy in abundance!

Reactions: Juk
QUOTE="Cturtle, post: 396734, member: 15700"]Hmmmmm, i have one question (which is just for you to think about) and then God has a story for you. Does your dad know that your mom already said no.

Now the story...God reminded me of the story of Abraham, and Sarah. Now God had promised Abraham that he was going to be a father of many nations. But Abraham and Sarah did not wait for God's timing. They took matters into their own hands, and Ishmael was born. About 14 or 15 years later God gave them Isaac. And then when Isaac was older, Ishmael started fighting with Isaac, and they still fight to this day..Israel and the Palestinians. Anyway the point that i believe God is trying to show you is that when God says no, or not yet, and we try to do things in our own strength, then we are not getting God's best. God loves us so very much! And He always wants us to have the best of things. Because God knows everything and has perfect timing, He can see if there are things ahead the we cannot see. Or problems that we cannot see.

If you go behind your mom's back i do not think it will please God. God loves you, there is no doubt about that, but this time He is trying to teach you to wait on Him. To remind you to ask Him if the thing (this time it is a Bible, another time it may be a car or a job or a wife or whatever) that you want is the right one or if you should be waiting for Him to show You the one that He wants you to have.

When you get older, and even now, it is a good habit to get into to ask God (like you have been doing about the laminated cards, and for direction on witnessing) to give you directions in all areas. He desires to be apart of every area of our lives. And the more we get used to asking Him, and waiting on Him, the better...because when you are where God wants you, then that is where your blessings are, and your peace in life, and such, and it makes the devils job of messing with you more difficult, because you are abiding under the shadow of the Almighty. In other words in God's divine protection.

I pray that all works out for you! And that God blesses you with peace and joy in abundance![/QUOTE]
Thanks! I guess I should wait, then. I did ask God to give me a King James Bible.

QUOTE="Cturtle, post: 396734, member: 15700"]Hmmmmm, i have one question (which is just for you to think about) and then God has a story for you. Does your dad know that your mom already said no.

I pray that all works out for you! And that God blesses you with peace and joy in abundance!
Thanks! I guess I should wait, then. I did ask God to give me a King James Bible.[/QUOTE]

God knows exactly which one that you have your eyes on and as you wait on Him, He will make sure you have the best!
May the Lord richly bless you beyond all that you could ever ask or think!

I was praying for you and I believe that God wants to show you something. Right now part of your growing in God is learning and being obedient to your parents, even when it's not what you want to do. There are going to be times when you want something and one says no, or a task that needs to be done, and you do not want to do it, or an opportunity to sneak something that you want, and know you can get away with...but God wants you to remember that even though someone else may not be watching, He can always see you. And His desire is that in everything that you do, you do the things that please Him. (Colossians 3:17). This is called integrity. That you do what you know would please the Lord no matter what, or who is or is not looking.

In Hebrews 5:7-8 says that God herd Jesus prayers because of His deep reverence for God. And even though Jesus was God's Son, He learned obedience through the things that He suffered. (Suffering just means to deny doing the things that you know is wrong, or deny the things that we know will not please God). If you read about Jesus as a boy, He had to obey His parents (Joseph and Mary). Then when He got older He had to obey God in order to be able to do the things that He did (all the miracles and stuff) for Jesus says many times "i only do what my Father tells me to do", and another one is that "He only says what the Father tells Him to say". (John 5:19, 14:10) Jesus did not do things in His own strength, His strength came from obeying God, and ad the Bible says...it is the Father within that does the works (end of John 14:10). This applies to you as well, and as you learn to obey your parents, teachers, police officers, and those in authority, God is teaching you to obey Him. When we learn to obey those in authority over us, it helps us to be able to hear and pay attention to God better.

If you back up a few verses in Hebrews 4:15 it says that we have a great High Priest (Jesus) who knows everything we go through, because He has gone through the same things, only He did not sin.

So remember that you are not alone, God is training you just like He trained or taught Jesus.

Blessings little man!

I was praying for you and I believe that God wants to show you something. Right now part of your growing in God is learning and being obedient to your parents, even when it's not what you want to do. There are going to be times when you want something and one says no, or a task that needs to be done, and you do not want to do it, or an opportunity to sneak something that you want, and know you can get away with...but God wants you to remember that even though someone else may not be watching, He can always see you. And His desire is that in everything that you do, you do the things that please Him. (Colossians 3:17). This is called integrity. That you do what you know would please the Lord no matter what, or who is or is not looking.

In Hebrews 5:7-8 says that God herd Jesus prayers because of His deep reverence for God. And even though Jesus was God's Son, He learned obedience through the things that He suffered. (Suffering just means to deny doing the things that you know is wrong, or deny the things that we know will not please God). If you read about Jesus as a boy, He had to obey His parents (Joseph and Mary). Then when He got older He had to obey God in order to be able to do the things that He did (all the miracles and stuff) for Jesus says many times "i only do what my Father tells me to do", and another one is that "He only says what the Father tells Him to say". (John 5:19, 14:10) Jesus did not do things in His own strength, His strength came from obeying God, and ad the Bible says...it is the Father within that does the works (end of John 14:10). This applies to you as well, and as you learn to obey your parents, teachers, police officers, and those in authority, God is teaching you to obey Him. When we learn to obey those in authority over us, it helps us to be able to hear and pay attention to God better.

If you back up a few verses in Hebrews 4:15 it says that we have a great High Priest (Jesus) who knows everything we go through, because He has gone through the same things, only He did not sin.

So remember that you are not alone, God is training you just like He trained or taught Jesus.

Blessings little man!
Thank you for the encouragement! Right now, it just feels like I am waiting for God to tell me what I am to do, but I have nothing to do until then (except read His Word). But reading the BiBle can sometimes bore me (I'm sad to say). I think it is because of my natural dislike of books and because I am using a Bible app as opposed to a physical Bible. I want God to speak to me, but I have stopped asking Him to, because I found through past experience that He speaks when you do not expect it. Not when you least expect it, when you don't expect it.

QUOTE="Cturtle, post: 396881, member: 15700"]Thanks juk! I really appreciate the link![/QUOTE]
No problem. I believe that this shoots down all of atheists' claims.

Thanks! I guess I should wait, then. I did ask God to give me a King James Bible.

God knows exactly which one that you have your eyes on and as you wait on Him, He will make sure you have the best!
May the Lord richly bless you beyond all that you could ever ask or think![/QUOTE]
Thank you! I pray that the Lord blesses you as well!

Thank you for the encouragement! Right now, it just feels like I am waiting for God to tell me what I am to do, but I have nothing to do until then (except read His Word). But reading the BiBle can sometimes bore me (I'm sad to say). I think it is because of my natural dislike of books and because I am using a Bible app as opposed to a physical Bible. I want God to speak to me, but I have stopped asking Him to, because I found through past experience that He speaks when you do not expect it. Not when you least expect it, when you don't expect it.

I know that the nlt is not your favorite, but how often do you read it?

I have a verse or two for you...Matthew 7:7-8..whoever asks receives..keep asking and keep expecting! When you stop expecting, you stop looking for Him and, to me it sounds as if you have become a little disappointed because of your past experiences. That is what the devil wants. Are you looking for an audible voice? Or are you going to be settled when you see ALL of the ways that He speaks to you. Maybe it is time to get a notebook and record ALL of the times that He speaks, and maybe what He says, so that when you think that He does not speak to you, you can encourage your faith. Sometimes we have to preach ourselves happy. Romans 10:17...faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Luke 11:9-10. Meditate on this verse.

Maybe it is time for you to take passages of the Bible and study them like you would your school work. Ask yourself questions, write it out in your own words, find teachers or preachers that you like and listen to sermons on the Word of God, and take notes. Then sit down and write yourself sermons on the things that you hear and read. If you have the study nlt, and with the Bible app...find the scriptures in the Bible that mean or say the same thing. From what i have herd you say you spend a lot of time by yourself...so pray before you, get in to reading or what have you and, then dig in. Maybe sign up for a couple of devotionals that will come directly into your inbox everyday. You have a lot of opportunity and however fun, or interesting you make it, is how it will be to you. And try to do all of your studying without using the internet (except for sermons). Use your Bible and rely on God to show you.

Tell yourself outloud every day that you are His sheep and you know His voice John 10. Read in your Bible john 10 and get this down into your spirit. Feed on it like you would eat supper. Do a Bible study on God as Your shepherd. And remember that the memory of a potato, or a good hamburger, never fed anyone. You have to actually eat it to not be hungry anymore, same is with the Word. Ask God to show you how to apply His Word to your life. He will answer you. You just have to walk in love and forgiveness, and trust Him to lead you and guide you. When you allow the thought that the devil put in your mind, that says that God never speaks to me, you slow your receptors down. It's like turning the volume down on your ipod or mp3 player. Every time you turn it down, it gets harder and harder to hear, right? Same with God. Hope this helps! We are always here for you! So if you need something specific...just write
Blessings

I know that the nlt is not your favorite, but how often do you read it?

I have a verse or two for you...Matthew 7:7-8..whoever asks receives..keep asking and keep expecting! When you stop expecting, you stop looking for Him and, to me it sounds as if you have become a little disappointed because of your past experiences. That is what the devil wants. Are you looking for an audible voice? Or are you going to be settled when you see ALL of the ways that He speaks to you. Maybe it is time to get a notebook and record ALL of the times that He speaks, and maybe what He says, so that when you think that He does not speak to you, you can encourage your faith. Sometimes we have to preach ourselves happy. Romans 10:17...faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Luke 11:9-10. Meditate on this verse.

Maybe it is time for you to take passages of the Bible and study them like you would your school work. Ask yourself questions, write it out in your own words, find teachers or preachers that you like and listen to sermons on the Word of God, and take notes. Then sit down and write yourself sermons on the things that you hear and read. If you have the study nlt, and with the Bible app...find the scriptures in the Bible that mean or say the same thing. From what i have herd you say you spend a lot of time by yourself...so pray before you, get in to reading or what have you and, then dig in. Maybe sign up for a couple of devotionals that will come directly into your inbox everyday. You have a lot of opportunity and however fun, or interesting you make it, is how it will be to you. And try to do all of your studying without using the internet (except for sermons). Use your Bible and rely on God to show you.

Tell yourself outloud every day that you are His sheep and you know His voice John 10. Read in your Bible john 10 and get this down into your spirit. Feed on it like you would eat supper. Do a Bible study on God as Your shepherd. And remember that the memory of a potato, or a good hamburger, never fed anyone. You have to actually eat it to not be hungry anymore, same is with the Word. Ask God to show you how to apply His Word to your life. He will answer you. You just have to walk in love and forgiveness, and trust Him to lead you and guide you. When you allow the thought that the devil put in your mind, that says that God never speaks to me, you slow your receptors down. It's like turning the volume down on your ipod or mp3 player. Every time you turn it down, it gets harder and harder to hear, right? Same with God. Hope this helps! We are always here for you! So if you need something specific...just write
Blessings
Thanks. I do read the Bible everyday and write notes based on what I have read.
I have been waiting on God for so long that my desire for Him is very low, and I no longer feel a reason to avoid sin, though I do still try to. Just not as much.
Reading the Bible is still awesome for me, and I do like writing down my thoughts, going back into the passages.
But, like I said, my desire for God has been decreased because I have been waiting for so long.

Thanks. I do read the Bible everyday and write notes based on what I have read.
I have been waiting on God for so long that my desire for Him is very low, and I no longer feel a reason to avoid sin, though I do still try to. Just not as much.
Reading the Bible is still awesome for me, and I do like writing down my thoughts, going back into the passages.
But, like I said, my desire for God has been decreased because I have been waiting for so long.

Where exactly do you feel as if God had let you down?

Where exactly do you feel as if God had let you down?
I have been waiting for quite a while, and I ask God to help a strong relationship with Him everyday and to show me I am doing wrong because the wrong is always going to be on my part. But it has not happened.

In 2005, after about five months of unemployment, I fell apart. I asked the Lord into my heart, and told him I needed help. And he came. Rom 10:9-10 :)

I have been waiting for quite a while, and I ask God to help a strong relationship with Him everyday and to show me I am doing wrong because the wrong is always going to be on my part. But it has not happened.

Sounds like to me that you should be keeping a journal (if you don't already). Because i can remember you saying in different ways that God has spoken to you. And yet it sounds like you have forgotten? Maybe i am just misunderstanding you sometimes?

The only way to build a strong relationship with God is to spend the time (like you are) with Him, studying His Word, and ways. As you get to know Jesus, and really trust Him, He will become closer to you. You might be trying to move to fast? The new King James Bible that you want, and prayed for is a good example of learning to put things into His hands and just wait on Him to bring it about. Patience is apart of Faith. It is putting Philippians 4:6-7 into practice. Everyday thanking Him for your Bible, and not giving up hope that He loves you so much, that you will have it soon.

God does not want you to focus on what you do wrong. He desires that you focus on the fact that He loves you, and Jesus Blood makes you righteous in His eyes. He wants you to learn all about Jesus, and what His Blood has done to save you. If you focus on the things you do wrong, then you will become sad, thinking that you can't do anything right. God wants you to know all about His grace (His overwhelming desire to treat you as if you never sinned) and learn how to walk in that Grace.

How is your study of the new testament going?

Last edited:
Back