How Do I Receive The Holy Spirit?

if you pray in tongues before others with NO interpreter ..
that is no different then a Pharisee praying and beating his chest making a spectacle of himself .. WHERE IS THE EDIFICATION ???

1Cr 14:26
What is the outcome then, brethren? When you assemble, each one has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

Last edited:
Charismatic's give me a chill ..

Acts 2:1-4
King James Version (KJV)

2 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Not my words but The Word of God, it gives you a chill I hope it would not.

Kind of funny they called Jesus the same thing when he spoke of the truth also.

twist it if you want .. but that accusation wrapped in an innuendo is false ..
Jesus was not going around slapping people on the forehead and them becoming "slain in the spirit" ..
your statement is disingenuous in the least ..

twist it if you want .. but that accusation wrapped in an innuendo is false ..
Jesus was not going around slapping people on the forehead and them becoming "slain in the spirit" ..
your statement is disingenuous in the least ..

I give you scriptures and I am accused of twisting them, I do not take anything out word or phrase.

Where did I add them.

Michael .. I just demonstrated in the other thread that it is not ALL ..
I believe your heart is good .. I do not believe I am looking at ego ..
I believe you actually thought all receive tongues upon receiving the HS ..

God Bless you ..

Michael .. I just demonstrated in the other thread that it is not ALL ..
I believe your heart is good .. I do not believe I am looking at ego ..
I believe you actually thought all receive tongues upon receiving the HS ..

ask King J .. he has been around awhile too .. he agreed not all receive tongues as Paul also tells us while writing his letter inspired ..

God Bless you ..

Baptism is only a symbol and a public display - what matters is what is in your heart. You need to search your heart and think about what Jesus Christ means to you. I would encourage you to read the Holy Bible and think about what you read. Maybe talk to another Christian about what it means to be a Christian. Life will always be a struggle, even with the Holy Spirit, but Gods blessings are wonderful. Growing your faith is a lifelong journey and learning experience. If you want Jesus Christ in your life, it is up to you and no one else to receive the gift of the Spirit, repent and live daily by the example of Jesus Christ. If you want to find God, He will find you! God bless you, I'll pray for you.

Wel
Baptism is only a symbol and a public display - what matters is what is in your heart. You need to search your heart and think about what Jesus Christ means to you. I would encourage you to read the Holy Bible and think about what you read. Maybe talk to another Christian about what it means to be a Christian. Life will always be a struggle, even with the Holy Spirit, but Gods blessings are wonderful. Growing your faith is a lifelong journey and learning experience. If you want Jesus Christ in your life, it is up to you and no one else to receive the gift of the Spirit, repent and live daily by the example of Jesus Christ. If you want to find God, He will find you! God bless you, I'll pray for you.

Well spoken. Baptism is also commanded to us by the Jesus.

The blessing in Zephaniah chap. 3: we see that all would speak in a pure language. Special attention to that chap. is also the great tribulation of the nations. There is only one people who would have a pure language. All the nations in Genesis at the time of the tower of Babel were put under a language curse. This curse is removed upon the nation who makes Jesus their Lord and are filled with his Holy Spirit. That is why in Rev. it says the Spirit and the bride say come.

Many do not know that there is a 3-fold operation of tongues. 1. 1Cor. 14: praying mysteries unto God. 2. Jude 1:20 praying for oneself. 3. Eph. 6: praying for others. it is there used as a weapon. That weapon is not made of iron , steel etc. it is a weapon of light, like the armor is. That is why Satan comes as a angel of light. He uses scripture to deceive. One example of this would be
John Hagee's book Jesus is not the Messiah. We know that Heb. is Messiah and Greek is Christ. He cannot be Christ if he is not Messiah. It is said that he is a anti Christ who says Jesus is not the Christ. (or Messiah) My hopes are that the angel of light working in many preachers will be exposed to them, so they can repent. time for Jesus return is short.

If tongues is a weapon no wonder the devil is trying to keep people from having it. On Pentecost in Acts 2 we know the baptism was to be endued with power from on high. Power to preach the gospel and to pray in faith and power for it to touch hearts with the truth.

Not time to give details, but 3 times by praying in tongues 3 different lives have been saved from death. supernaturally. One of them was while praying with my Pastor in tongues.

Here I am responding to this post today and yet, just yesterday it was revealed to me what I said in tongues several years ago.
I spoke to a Arab man in his own language, which I knew not one word of. This was while ministering with a gospel band in a half way house. Preaching the gospel. real short here, one man told us how he was saved by finding a tract on the ground. He was then saved he told this in tears. He was a former hit man in the mafia. You know God had to be working on him while reading that tract. It is always the power of God to turn hearts---especially hard ones even like mine. A heavy metal musician in drugs and witch craft. Now a writer of praise and worship music. Filled with the Holy Spirit and hearing God's voice often.
God bless in Jesus name.

if you pray in tongues before others with NO interpreter ..
that is no different then a Pharisee praying and beating his chest making a spectacle of himself .. WHERE IS THE EDIFICATION ???

1Cr 14:26
What is the outcome then, brethren? When you assemble, each one has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

Hey brother, I just wanted to point out conclusively that the most common thing that the Devil tries to do with tongues to stop Believers from getting it is to confuse them with the lie that the GIFT of the Holy Spirit of speaking in tongues is NOT THE SAME as the BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT whereby you receive your heavenly language.

The GIFT of the Holy Spirit of the speaking in tongues is to deliver a message to the local Body of the Anointed One and His Anointing. THAT is WHY the Lord instructed that WHEN such a message comes, there must be one flowing in the gift of the Holy Spirit of the interpretation of tongues. The 2 work as 1.

The BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, which Jesus spoke of when He said John baptized you with water, but I will baptize you with fire not many days from now, and you will receive the gift of the Father and receive POWER. He also said in Mark 16:17-18 that ALL THOSE WHO BELIEVE would speak in tongues. Notice that here He does not say anything about needing an interpretation afterward, but rather that we would simply speak in tongues. Jesus was very specific about instructions - He didn't leave anything out because He spoke what the Father said. If Jesus didn't link the speaking in tongues He spoke here with the interpretation, but it IS linked later when Paul explains Church services, you can see CONCLUSIVELY that there are 2 different types of tongues.

Read Acts. In Chapter 10 there is no interpretation and Peter and those with him don't say a thing about it!
In Chapter 19 Paul doesn't mention anything about interpretation being present, yet they spake in tongues! And them speaking in tongues was very important to Paul, it's the first thing he mentions to these new Believers!

In Acts 8 we see that the new Believers receiving the Holy Spirit (which is tongues, because we know that at the moment of being born from above you receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit - just like the Disciples received the Holy Spirit when Jesus breathed on them, BUT they didn't have the power yet or that baptism of fire that Jesus spoke of to speak in tongues) but then the Apostles hear about these new Believers and then they go at once that they would receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit - VERY IMPORTANT obviously to ALL Believers!

Set yourself to receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit today and begin speaking in your heavenly language right NOW :) Praise and glory to God!
Amen!

Best to take above advice and seek tongues a gift from the Holy Spirit to all believers who will believe. I have been speaking and praying in tongues for over 15 years and I would not tell you wrong.
If I thought for a moment that it was not the will of God for everyone then I would have said so. However it was evidence to ALL believers in Acts which you should follow and take heed and it was a gift everyone filled with the Holy Spirit had that it caused issues in the Church of Corninth that Paul had to get it under wraps so they could conduct church services in a orderly manner.

I find it hard to believe anyone who has never sought the gift or given it much thought and never operated in the gift would have much knowledge about it.
Yet it's amazing how pride gets in the way.

It's like never having opened the hood of a car but having the complete manual about everything related to the car, having read the Manuel a few times then proclaiming that you know more than the mechanic that has been working on cars for the last 10 years.

Smart folks don't do that...............
yet we still have child development books written by people who have never had a child or taken care of one.

all be blessed.

Glory to God I had the privilege of laying hands on the head of a fellow Believer just this morning and she received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and began speaking in tongues! Praise God!

I should also add: Notice that when Jesus breathed onto the Apostles, they received the Holy Spirit and became born again. Now why is He right after this saying that they would be baptized with the Holy Spirit in Acts 1:5? They already had the Holy Spirit inside them by being born again. So you can see that these are 2 different things: 1 being the Holy Spirit coming inside your heart at the point of being born again, then 2 the baptism of the Holy Spirit that Jesus said He would give us after being born again. And then you see Acts 2 and they are speaking in tongues as a result. Then you see the other 3 instances in Acts (8, 10, 19) and these are all new Believers and the Apostles believe it is very important that they all receive this Baptism of the Holy Spirit and speak in tongues; and they got their instructions straight from Jesus. Obviously pretty important.
But you can receive it today. Right where you are, just pray to the Father to receive this Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Pray this: "Heavenly Father, I am a believer. I am Your child and You are my Father. Jesus is my Lord. I believe with all my heart that Your Word is true.
“Your Word says if I will ask, I will receive the Holy Spirit. So in the Name of Jesus Christ, my Lord, I am asking You to fill me to overflowing with Your precious Holy Spirit. Jesus, baptize me in the Holy Spirit.
“Because of Your Word, I believe that I now receive and I thank You for it. I believe the Holy Spirit is within me and, by faith, I accept it.
“Now, Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise God. I fully expect to speak with other tongues, as You give me the utterance.”
Now begin giving sound to the expressions in your heart. Speak and hear the Holy Spirit speaking through you.
Rejoice! You’ve just been baptized in the Holy Spirit! You’ve been endued with power—hallelujah!

Glory to God I had the privilege of laying hands on the head of a fellow Believer just this morning and she received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and began speaking in tongues! Praise God!

I should also add: Notice that when Jesus breathed onto the Apostles, they received the Holy Spirit and became born again. Now why is He right after this saying that they would be baptized with the Holy Spirit in Acts 1:5? They already had the Holy Spirit inside them by being born again. So you can see that these are 2 different things: 1 being the Holy Spirit coming inside your heart at the point of being born again, then 2 the baptism of the Holy Spirit that Jesus said He would give us after being born again. And then you see Acts 2 and they are speaking in tongues as a result. Then you see the other 3 instances in Acts (8, 10, 19) and these are all new Believers and the Apostles believe it is very important that they all receive this Baptism of the Holy Spirit and speak in tongues; and they got their instructions straight from Jesus. Obviously pretty important.
But you can receive it today. Right where you are, just pray to the Father to receive this Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Pray this: "Heavenly Father, I am a believer. I am Your child and You are my Father. Jesus is my Lord. I believe with all my heart that Your Word is true.
“Your Word says if I will ask, I will receive the Holy Spirit. So in the Name of Jesus Christ, my Lord, I am asking You to fill me to overflowing with Your precious Holy Spirit. Jesus, baptize me in the Holy Spirit.
“Because of Your Word, I believe that I now receive and I thank You for it. I believe the Holy Spirit is within me and, by faith, I accept it.
“Now, Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise God. I fully expect to speak with other tongues, as You give me the utterance.”
Now begin giving sound to the expressions in your heart. Speak and hear the Holy Spirit speaking through you.
Rejoice! You’ve just been baptized in the Holy Spirit! You’ve been endued with power—hallelujah!

In Acts chapter 2 there is a process first before getting the gift of the Holy Ghost, one must repent and also be baptized in the name of Jesus, then they get the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Back