How do you minister to a.....

Thank you godbewithme for sharing so we can pray.

How do you minister to an alcoholic, well what you can do is pray and that is ministering.

A saying came to me is you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink. But theres some horses that are drowning or stuck in mud and swallowing mud. They need to be pulled out and dry out first.

Then you must take them far away, where they cant access any alcohol and talk to them about God. One of the islands I went to on holiday used to be a rehab centre for alcoholics, it was run by the sallies. The reason it was on an island was because it was alcohol free, there was no way they could obtain alcohol on this island, and it still is to this day. They needed to swim across the harbour if they wanted a drink.

Thank you godbewithme for sharing so we can pray.

How do you minister to an alcoholic, well what you can do is pray and that is ministering.

A saying came to me is you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink. But theres some horses that are drowning or stuck in mud and swallowing mud. They need to be pulled out and dry out first.

Then you must take them far away, where they cant access any alcohol and talk to them about God. One of the islands I went to on holiday used to be a rehab centre for alcoholics, it was run by the sallies. The reason it was on an island was because it was alcohol free, there was no way they could obtain alcohol on this island, and it still is to this day. They needed to swim across the harbour if they wanted a drink.
I was going to say that 'you can lead a horse to water, but if you can get him to do backstroke you got something there'. But is this case, it wouldn't want a horse that can swim across the harbour to get a drink. :LOL:

So, its been a while for my friend because they pulled him from our building back to his manager's main office so they can watch him closer. I am coming down the hallway at work and guess who's standing in the middle of the hallway. We just started walking fast towards one another and gave each other the biggest hug and I was just thanking Jesus. I said, "I was just praying for you this morning in the car on the way to work." He just kept thanking me and said that he did go back to the program last Saturday and got out on the following Sunday. He said he has another counselor now. He said his last counselor died. He said he believes that paid a part in him going back to the bottle. I did not address because he has a counselor. He said that he think the best thing that happened to him was being sent back to the office. They watch over him there and keep him straight. He said he hasn't had a drink since he been out. And his counselor told him he has to take it one day at a time. I was so glad to see him. It did my heart good and I thank God that He allowed me to see him again and the work that I am claiming that God will do in and through him. Thank you all for your prayers and advice. God bless you all. I am so happy right now.:);):LOL::ROFLMAO::p:D

Hey Godb4me this story sounds very familiar. Do you remember? God can fix anything. I'm still alive :). Intercessory prayers are very powerful and you did the right thing for your friend/coworker. And I am also grateful to you for what you did for me (y)

Hey Godb4me this story sounds very familiar. Do you remember? God can fix anything. I'm still alive :). Intercessory prayers are very powerful and you did the right thing for your friend/coworker. And I am also grateful to you for what you did for me (y)

Thank You Jesus for working through me to help your child and my brother (Chili). I remember and you are a walking testimony.

Back