How much wine is not to much?

Hey CPerkins;

Those who grew up going to the drive in will probably remember they were popular and the price was reasonable for a carload. Some cities may have had up to 7 drive ins.

When we saw GodSpell people actually got out of the car and raised their hands in praise! 🙌

While we didn't have much spare money mom and dad considered the drive-in theater cheap entertainment. Still remember gas prices that went back and forth from the upper 20 cents to the low 30 cents.

I grew up on Miami Beach (or is it "in"). Drive-in theaters were never popular on the beach. I honestly do not recall if I have ever been to one, or if I am imagining I have. That's a bit creepy.

rtm

I know what you mean. I have memories from a very young age that I know are my own and some memories that may have been just stories others told me years later. I doubt that I remember crawling out of a crib when I was still a rug rat crawling the floors. Yet I do remember the aftermath of falling down stairs and breaking my arm when I was 3 years old.

I have a good recollection of being 4 years old, but that is probable due to the events at the time. We migrated from Cuba to the US, when I was 4, so some of those memories tend to linger. I recall vividly the flight from Havana to Miami, but I do not recall actually landing in Miami. I recall taking a train from Miami to Chicago, but do not recall what I did during the week we were in-processing in Miami. Hm, how odd the brain can be....

rtm

We don't have drive in movies in nz. Imagine! The malls have huge car parks here, but they don't put movies on in them. You have to go inside the mall to see one.
I have seen a few car wash carparks though. Too expensive though.

I remember as a toddler making up my own shows with my dolls and soft toys. We just put on our own entertainment lol.
We always had a tv, so, no there was no real need to go out to the movies. Have to put up with annoying ad breaks though. The trick was when video came along to record it, watch it later and fast forward through the ads.

Back