How You Think can Control Your Life

How You Think can Control Your Life

Whatever we see, hear or feed on gets into our mind and then in our heart. It starts with a thought , we speak it , then act on it. This forms habits, developes our character, then becomes a way of life.This works in the postive and also the negative. If we get in a negative cycle in our thinking, we can become bound by many things and may need to seek help to get deliverance to obtain complete freedom. Whatever controls your thoughts controls your life.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

We renew our mind to the Word of God which shows us what He thinks and what we are to believe. We choose to believe it and receive what He says. One day the Holy Spirit said something to me that was very profound: Humility is choosing to believe what I said in my Word over choosing to hold to what you have always believed. That’s pride.

2 Corinthians 10:4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Besides putting God Word in our heart to renew our mind, we must pull down every strong hold, and bring every thoughts contrary to God’s Word into obedience to God. If we do not do so immediately, the second they come to mind, and instead entertain them at all, we have lost the battle. This is where most people are defeated. Capture those thoughts and cast them down. Replace them with what the Word of God says about the situation.

It’s the battle of the mind. But God gives us the power and grace to overcome. The more we put these things into practice the more we will begin think like Him.

1 Corinthians 2:16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

Psalms 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

That is so true because the mind is where everything starts and what we put in will come out . If we are entertaining things that are not pure and we think that we can hide them , maybe you can from people but you can"t hide them from God . He knows exactly what is in our hearts .

We are just pilgrims in this land . OUr home is not of this world . we need to prepare for our heavenly home by following our Heavenly Father in Word and deed. What we do here for our Father will be rewarded in Heaven . Love not the things of this world .

We are just pilgrims in this land . OUr home is not of this world . we need to prepare for our heavenly home by following our Heavenly Father in Word and deed.
Amen. Too many are concerned about this life and what to do about this or that. It will all be gone and we can't take anything with us to heaven but people.

We can see by all the troubles in this world it won't be long Jesus will take us to be with Him. Get ready and stay ready to behold His face!

1 John 2:15...... Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Amen. Too many are concerned about this life and what to do about this or that. It will all be gone and we can't take anything with us to heaven but people.

We can see by all the troubles in this world it won't be long Jesus will take us to be with Him. Get ready and stay ready to behold His face!

Yes we can see all the things that are happening .... earthquakes , one after another , floods , climate changes, and now this volcano erruption that dark cloud and soot is covering such a large area to grounds planes.

Jesus is coming very soon .

I love this prayer that you might find interesting .

Knots Prayer

Dear God :

Please untie the knots that are in my mind, my heart, and my life.

Remove the have nots and the can nots do nots that I have in my mind.

Erase all the will nots , might nots that may find a home in my heart .

Release me from the could nots that obstruct my life.

And most of all God , I ask that you remove from my mind, my heart and my life all the “am nots” that I have allowed to hold me back , especially the thought that I am not good enough.

Author Known to God

WOW!! OMG!! I need to change my way of thots!! I need to retrain my self. That makes sooooo much sense. Why I didn't see this before?
I am still trainable, might be an old Dog but I can learn 1 more trick :smiley10: Hehehehe

You're not an old dog. Just a puppy. LOL

We can't change our walk if we don't change our talk. :smiley90:
What ever we think about will get in our heart and Jesus said what ever is in our heart in abundance will come out our mouth. That's why its so important to renew our mind to God's way of thinking.

The enemy attacked our mind more than anything. Our mind is like a computer. Like they say- garbage in, garbage out. What you put in it, that's what comes out. I don't want to put bad things in it because I don't want that working out in my life. We might have to get away from certain things, places, and people. My mind is not a garbage can.

GodSpeaks said:
You're not an old dog. Just a puppy. LOL

1534046ttbovdqjvc.gif
heheheheeeeeeee!!!

This is a good word. I also find God in the beauty of his creation. Absent from all worldly distractions, I hear the birds singing, the water babbling in a stream, I smell and see the blooms of spring and my heart fills with peace.

This is a good word. I also find God in the beauty of his creation. Absent from all worldly distractions, I hear the birds singing, the water babbling in a stream, I smell and see the blooms of spring and my heart fills with peace.

Amen Don ..... This is the most beautiful time of the year when all comes back to life . The same with us as we renew our strength every day .

How can people say there is not God ? All they have to do is look around. Stop and smell the tulips and the daffodils . ( Well there are no roses yet..... he he)

I Love all the trees blooming and blosseming . The magnolia trees are especially beautiful this year.

Whatever we see, hear or feed on gets into our mind and then in our heart. It starts with a thought , we speak it , then act on it. This forms habits, developes our character, then becomes a way of life.This works in the postive and also the negative. If we get in a negative cycle in our thinking, we can become bound by many things and may need to seek help to get deliverance to obtain complete freedom. Whatever controls your thoughts controls your life.

We renew our mind to the Word of God which shows us what He thinks and what we are to believe. We choose to believe it and receive what He says. One day the Holy Spirit said something to me that was very profound: Humility is choosing to believe what I said in my Word over choosing to hold to what you have always believed. That’s pride.

2 Corinthians 10:4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Besides putting God Word in our heart to renew our mind, we must pull down every strong hold, and bring every thoughts contrary to God’s Word into obedience to God. If we do not do so immediately, the second they come to mind, and instead entertain them at all, we have lost the battle. This is where most people are defeated. Capture those thoughts and cast them down. Replace them with what the Word of God says about the situation.

It’s the battle of the mind. But God gives us the power and grace to overcome. The more we put these things into practice the more we will begin think like Him.

1 Corinthians 2:16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

Psalms 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Very true sister and a good post!!!

I tell people all the time that when you don't study the Word of God and keep it in your heart, you are rendered weak and the devil will have a field day with you. As a child of God, the devil knows that he cannot have your spirit as it belongs to God. But, he can make your days here on earth very hard.

The Word of God is our defense against the devil. When Jesus was in the wilderness for those 40-days and after the 40-days the devil appeared to Him and asked Him to do things to prove that He was the Christ. Each and every time, Jesus stated the Word of God back to the devil. Notice that Jesus did not have any conversations in length with the devil. Jesus continuously quoted the Word and the devil fleed.

If you want the devil to flee from you, just give him the word. I cannot express how important it is to keep the Word of God in your heart so that you will be able to defend yourself concerning all facets of our lives. The Bible gives instructions for daily life. We only need to read it and apply it.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Godbe4me

I don't think most people realize our problems start with our thoughts. They just let their mind think anything it wants and thats not a good thing! We can take control of it.

godbe4me
You're right. Of all the parts of the armour of God, the Word of God is the only offensive weapon we have against the enemy, the others are defensive weapons. We have to put him in his place by speaking what God says, which is just the opposite of what he is always trying to tell us.

James 4:7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

I don't think most people realize our problems start with our thoughts. They just let their mind think anything it wants and thats not a good thing! We can take control of it.

I don't think they do either and that is the bigest downfall cause if they would only stop and assess what they are putting into their mind via the thoughts ..... wow ... Romans 12:2 ......And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

When God saves us from sin, He doesn't just want to see an outward change in us. He wants to see a complete inner transformation of the way we think. We are called to renew our minds, casting off our old ways of thinking and rejecting the world's wisdom

Romans 12:2 ......And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Another way to look at of this verse is, don't let the world pressure you into their mold and way of thinking.

Yes, when we get pressured in our mind, a good thing to do is to look at His creation. It brings a calm peace. If He was big enough to create all this, He's big enough to solve any of our problems.

Back