Humility !

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Purpose of Miracles
In the Bible, miracles served a definite purpose. I think it is a mistake to think that miracles were common, everyday kind of occurrences. In fact, there were periods throughout biblical history in which miracles were not common at all.
Basically, the Bible shows four distinct periods in which miracles were used more often than at other times (not counting creation itself):
1. The time of the exodus in the days of Moses. Several miracles were performed at this time: the plagues, parting of the sea, and other signs during the 40 years of wandering in the wildnerness.
2. The time of the prophets Elijah and Elisha. These two are especially noted as "miracle workers" (see 1 Kings 17 - 2 Kings 7 in particular).
3. The time of Babylonian exile. Events given in Ezekiel and Daniel show miraculous activity during this period.
4. The days of Christ and the apostles. Jesus performed miracles to testify of His divine nature and mission (John 20:30-31). The apostles and others were able to work miracles by the power of God to show the divine origin of their work.
Note that two of these periods represent significant times of establishment and foundation. In Moses' time, the nation of Israel was established as God's people. In the time of Jesus and the apostles, the work of Christ and His church were established. The other two periods represent great conflict with heathen powers.
The point is that miracles were not necessarily common occurences throughout history. For people to "expect a miracle" as a common event is to misunderstand the purpose and nature of them in the Bible.
Miracles were worked on special occasions. They were not done just at the whims of those to whom God gave such power. They were calculated and deliberate. There was always a reason for them.
The clearest statement on the purpose of miracles is given in Hebrews 2:1-4. Speaking of the revealing of His word "spoken through the Lord," this word was "confirmed to us by those who heard, God also testifying with them, both by signs and wonders and by various miracles and by gifts of the Holy Spirit according to His own will." The pattern was that God revealed His word, then testified to the truth of it by signs and miracles. In other words, miracles confirmed that the word spoken by God's prophets or apostles was of divine origin. This is why Paul could speak of the "signs of a true apostle" in order to distinguish himself from those who made false claims (2 Cor. 12:12).
When a real miracle was worked, there was an immediate distinction seen between this and something that was false, even if that false claim looked impressive. This is seen in Acts 8. Simon had many fooled, but when a true miracle was seen up against his sorcery, there was no comparison. This is why I insist today that if someone is going to claim a miracle, it be compared with biblical miracles to see if it matches the nature and power of what actually came from the power of God.
Once the purpose of miracles in confirming the word was completed, that purpose was no longer necessary. I'll close with this summary given by Batsell Barret Baxter:
"The miracles were to authenticate the message of Christ and also of Christ's apostles in the minds of men. While on earth Christ did not raise all the people who were dead, nor give sight to all of those who were blind, nor hearing to all of those who were deaf, nor health to all of those who were diseased. Rather, He performed a relatively small number of miracles in order that He might create faith. ... When the essential purposes for which Biblical miracles were performed no longer required them, it would seem that such miracles ceased." (I Believe Because)

September 2000
Doy Moyer

What we are called from and called to:
I. Called from labor to rest (Matt. 11:28)
II. Called from death to life (1 John 3:14)
III. Called from bondage to liberty (Gal 5:13)
IV. Called out of darkness into light (1 Pet. 2:9)
V. Called from bondage to peace (1 Cor. 7:15
VI. Called to the fellowship of His Son (1 Cor. 1:9)
What we are made by obeying the call:
I. We are made sons of God (John 1:12)
II. We are made the children of God (Gal. 3:26)
III. We are made the servants of God (Matt. 25:21)
IV. We are made God's saints (Col. 1:1)
V. We are made God's witnesses (I Thess. 2:10)
VI. We are made workers together with God (2 Cor. 6:1)
VII. We are called to a high calling (Phil. 3:14)
VIII. We are called to a holy calling (2 Tim. 1:9)
IX. We are called to a heavenly calling (Heb. 3:1)

Naphtali which means 'wrestling',

Rachel, the wife of Jacob, was without children for many years. Therefore she gave Bilhah her servant to be Jacob's wife.Bilhah's second son named Naphtali.

The Blessings of Naphtali.

Just before his death Moses the man of God blessed the tribes of Israel.

We are spiritual Israel and we can claim these blessings by faith.

Dt 23:23 And of Naphtali he said: "O Naphtali, satisfied with favor, And full of the blessing of the LORD, Possess the west and the south."

1. A hind let loose.

Gn 49:21 "Naphtali [is] a deer let loose; He uses beautiful words.

While blessing his children, Jacob said that Naphtali would be like hind let loose.

We should be like a hind.

II Sam 22:34 He makes my feet like the [feet] of deer, and sets me on my high places.

The hind is beautiful animal.

Isaiah 52:7 How beautiful upon the mountains Are the feet of him who brings good news, Who proclaims peace, Who brings glad tidings of good [things], Who proclaims salvation, Who says to Zion, "Your God reigns!"

Our beauty is the beauty of the soul.

II.He giveth goodly words.

Gn 49: 21 "Naphtali [is] a deer let loose; He uses beautiful words.

The ability to speak words of blessing and kindness is also a gift.

Col 4:6 [Let] your speech always [be] with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.

III. You will be satisfied with favor.

Dt 33:23 And of Naphtali he said: "O Naphtali, satisfied with favor, And full of the blessing of the LORD, Possess the west and the south."

There are many rich people in this world .But they are nervous, unhappy and dissatisfied.

Prov 12: 2 A good [man] obtains favor from the LORD, But a man of wicked intentions He will condemn.

Prov 19: 12 The king's wrath [is] like the roaring of a lion, But his favor [is] like dew on the grass.

God wants us to enjoy all the blessings that were promised to Naphtali.

WHO ARE GOD'S ELECT? I Thessalonians 1:2-10
Without question the Word of God teaches that before the world began God sovereignty chose a people whom he loved and determined to save by the substitutionary death of his own Son and the irresistible grace of his Spirit (John 15:16; Acts 13:48; Rom. 9: 11-23; Eph. 1:4-6; II Tim. 1:9). The purpose of God in election must stand. It cannot be frustrated, defeated, or altered in any way. All of those who were chosen by the Father were redeemed by the Son, and shall be regenerated and called by the Spirit. GOD'S ELECT SHALL BE ETERNALLY SAVED, AND NO ONE ELSE. Realizing that fact, this question should be of interest to us - Who are God's elect? Or, to make it more personal - How can I know that I am one of God's elect?
You cannot know who the elect are by the way they dress. One of the Lord's chosen ones was a king, who wore a crown, jewels, and royal attire. Another was a prophet who wore a garment made of camel's hair. One of God's elect shaved his head. Another was commanded never to cut his hair. You cannot determine who God's elect are by what they know. Judas was not elected, but he knew a great measure of gospel truth. The dying thief was elected, though he knew very little. You cannot know who God's elect are by where they go. A Pharisee, who never was chosen of God, went up to the temple to pray. Judah, who was chosen of God, went on one occasion into a harlot's house. And you cannot determine who God's elect are by isolated acts of their lives, either good or bad. The rich young ruler lived a morally good life. He never did those things that men call "sin". But the rich young ruler was a lost man. Election had not set him apart as an object of grace. David, on the other hand, was chosen of God, loved, redeemed, and accepted in Christ, though many self-righteous people would look upon him with scorn, and say, "No true child of God would do what he did. No true believer could commit adultery, plot out and execute murder." The fact is, there is no evil of which God's children are not capable and would readily commit if left to themselves. Our standing and our acceptance before God is not in what we do, but in what our Substitute, the Lord Jesus Christ has done for us. OUR SALVATION IS ALTOGETHER THE WORK OF DIVINE GRACE BESTOWED UPON US THROUGH THE MERITS OF CHRISTS RIGHTEOUSNESS AND SHED BLOOD.
Yet, the Apostle Paul assured the believers at Thessalonica that they were numbered among God's elect. He said, "Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God." Then he listed five characteristics of God's elect, five identifying marks of election.

(1). GOD'S ELECT HEAR THE GOSPEL AND RECEIVE IT IN THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. All who are chosen of God will hear the gospel of God's free and sovereign grace; and it will be brought home to their hearts by the irresistible power of the Holy Spirit, so that they are compelled to believe - "Our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance."
(2). GOD'S ELECT BECOME FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST. "Ye became followers of the Lord." Their hearts and lives are radically changed by the gospel. Our Lord said, "My sheep (my elect) hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me." Those who are born of God follow the example of Christ in faith, love, and hope.
(3). GOD'S ELECT ARE A PEOPLE COMMITTED TO THE GOSPEL. Paul knew that the Thessalonians were truly elect people because they became "examples to all that believe''. From them the Word of the Lord was sounded out in every place; and their "faith to God-ward was spread abroad". These men and women were devoted to the furtherance of the gospel. They did not have to be primed and pumped, week after week, to get them to perform their religious works. The love of Christ and the grace of God had gotten hold of their hearts.
(4). GOD'S ELECT EXPERIENCE GENUINE CONVERSION. "Ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God." Conversion is a change, a turning of the heart. It is a change of mind, a change of masters, and a change of motives. In the general tenor of their lives, they live toward God. And
(5). GOD'S ELECT ARE WAITING FOR HIS SON FROM HEAVEN. Those who are born of God live in the anticipation of Christ's glorious advent.

A beautiful face--under a black mask!

(William Secker, "The Consistent Christian" 1660)​
"What! Shall we receive good at the hand of God--and shall we not receive evil?" Job 2:10

The consistent Christian speak well of God--whatever evil he receives from God. To bless God for mercies--is the way to increase them; to bless God for miseries--is the way to remove them.

Did not the possession of riches sometimes draw away our hearts--then the loss of them would not break our hearts!

"The Lord gives--and the Lord takes away; blessed be the Name of the Lord." Job 1:21. God gives before He takes--and He takes only what He gives!

The hour-glass of outward happiness soon runs out! Today Job is the richest man in all the east; tomorrow Job is the poorest man in all the world. Yet his heart was like a fruitful paradise--when his estate was like a barren wilderness! Though God burnt up his houses--yet his palace (his heart) was left standing.

Outward mercies are like the tide--which ebbs as well as flows. They are like the sky--which sometimes is clear, and at another time clouded. They are like a budding flower--which opens on a warm day, and shuts on a cold day. If God bless us in taking--as well as in giving; let us bless Him for taking--as well as for giving.

That is a choice artist--who can play well upon a broken instrument. To be impatient with our affliction--and patient with our corruption; is to be angry with the medicine which heals us--and in love with the poison which kills us! Beloved, it is sometimes a mercy to us--that God removes outward mercies from us! He never wounds a saint to kill him--but to heal him! God does but take that out of your hands--which would thrust Him out of your heart!

Too many think that God is cutting down the whole tree--when He is but lopping off its wasteful branches. They imagine that He is demolishing the superstructure, when He is only laying a right foundation. Poor souls, He is not nipping the flowers--but plucking up the weeds! He is not laying your land fallow--but ploughing the field!

God's Providence
has a beautiful face--under a black mask! God has the fairest ends--in the foulest ways! The sheep may be dipped in water to wash it--when there is no design in the Good Shepherd to drown it!

Christian reader, you may read the marks of a kind Father--in the severe stripes of His children. Every twig of His black rod of affliction--is but to draw His lovely image upon you!

"The LORD is near to the brokenhearted And saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18

"A father of the fatherless and a judge for the widows, Is God in His holy habitation."
Psalm 68:5

"And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body." Romans 8:23

"But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption so that, just as it is written, "LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD." 1 Corinthians 1:30-31

"Giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light. For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." Colossians 1:12-14

Without God “all is vanity”

1.Godless learning------------------------------Cynicism.
2.Godless greatness-----------------------------Sorrow.
3.Godless pleasure-------------------------------Disappointment.
4.Godless labor……………………………..Hatred of Life.
5.Godless philosophy----------------------------Emptiness.
6.Godless eternity---------------------------------Unfulfillment
7.Godless life---------------------------------------Depression.
8.Godless Religion---------------------------------Dread.
9.Godless wealth------------------------------------Trouble.
10.Godless existence--------------------------------Frustration.
11.Godless wisdom----------------------------------Despair.
12.Without God---------------------------------------All is vanity.

Three great leaders.....
In the Spirit world there are three great leaders.

1. Micheal.

Michael means.....Who is like God?
He is mentioned three times in Daniel
Dan 10; 13, 21, Dan 12;1
He is also called in Jude 9 Archangel.
In Rev 12; 7 He is seen in the command of Angelic "Army of Heaven".
In I Thess 4:16.

2. Gabriel

Gabriel means ---God is my hero.
He is mentioned four times by name.
Dan 8;16: 9:21-27.

Luke 1;19,26-27.

"I am Gabriel stand in the presence of God."

3. Satan.
I speak of Satan last not because of he is the least of three, for in many he is the greatest, but because of his evil character.

Eph 6;12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual [hosts] of wickedness in the heavenly [places].

II Cor 4:4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

Ezekiel 28: 3 (Behold, you [are] wiser than Daniel! There is no secret that can be hidden from you!

Special Revelation

Amos 3:7

By: Pastor David F. Reagan

Introduction: General revelation is God’s revelation of truth to all men at all times. It comes through means such as circumstances (or God’s providential working in the affairs of men), conscience (the inner knowledge of men), and creation. Special revelation is God’s revelation to special or particular people at special or particular times (Hebrews 1:1). Special revelation includes the following methods:

I. MIRACLES

A. Definition:

1. They are supernatural manifestations of divine power in the natural world.
2. Also called signs and wonders

B. Purpose of Miracles

1. To identify the true God (Exodus 7:17; 8:22)
2. To demonstrate the power of God (Exodus 9:14-16)
3. To bring glory to God and His Son (John 2:11)
4. To demonstrate the love of God (Matthew 14:14)
5. To confirm the word of God (Mark 16:20)

C. Times of Miracle Activity – the Sundry Times (Hebrews 1:1)

1. Moses and Joshua
2. Elijah and Elisha
3. Christ and the Apostles
4. Tribulation

II. INCARNATION

A. The Son Declared the Father (John 1:18)

B. The Son Reveals the Father (Matthew 11:27)

C. The Father is Seen in the Son (John 14:7-9)

D. The Father is Known in the Son (2Corinthians 4:6)

III. DREAMS

A. Definition: a vision that comes when one is asleep (Genesis 20:3; 46:2).

1. Used to reveal the secrets of God (Daniel 2:28)
2. Often had to be interpreted (Daniel 2:29-30)

B. May be Visual (Genesis 28:12) or Verbal (Genesis 31:24) or both.

IV. VISIONS

A. Definition: a visual revelation to one who is awake

B. A Way for God to Make Himself Known (Numbers 12:6; Ezekiel 1:1)

V. PROPHECIES

A. Definition: as a means of revelation, it occurs when God puts His Spirit on a man and speaks through him (Numbers 11:25; 1Samuel 10:6, 10; Jeremiah 20:9)

B. Forms

1. A foretelling of the future (Daniel 9:24)
2. A forth-telling of word of God (2Peter 1:19-21)

VI. SPOKEN WORDS

A. When Men Orally Heard the Voice of the Lord (Numbers 12:6-8; Deuteronomy 4:33-36; Exodus 20:18-19)

B. Most of the Bible was Spoken before it was ever Written.

C. Much of the Spoken Revelation of God Never Became Scripture.

VII. SCRIPTURE

A. Definition: the writings of God’s word to be passed down to men.

B. God Set Revelation of Truth (John 5:39; 17:17)

Conclusion: Deuteronomy 29:29 – “The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.” Are you allowing God to reveal His truth to you?

Treasures and pleasures!
(Thomas Watson, "God is His People's Great Reward")​

"I am your exceeding great reward." Genesis 15:1. God Himself is His people's reward! In what way is God the reward of His people?

God is a satisfying reward. God is a whole ocean of blessedness, so that the soul, while it is bathing in it, cries out in a divine ecstasy, "I have enough!" Here is fullness—but no excess. Psalm 17:15, "I shall be satisfied when I awake with Your likeness." That is—when I awake out of the sleep of death, having my soul embellished with the illustrious beams of Your glory—I shall be satisfied. In God there is not only sufficiency—but redundancy; not only the fullness of the vessel—but the fullness of the fountain! In God, this Ark of blessedness, are all good things to be found. Therefore Jacob, having God for his reward, could say, "I have enough!" or, as it is in the original, "I have all!" Genesis 33:11. God is all marrow and fatness. He is such an plenteous reward as exceeds our very faith. If the Queen of Sheba's heart fainted when she saw all King Solomon's glory—what would it have done to have beheld the astonishing and magnificent reward which God bestows upon His favorites!

God is a suitable reward. The soul, being spiritual, must have something comparable and suitable to make it happy—and that is God. Light is no more suitable to the eye, nor melody to the ear—than God is to the soul. He pours spiritual blessings into the soul, Ephesians 1:3. He enriches it with grace, feasts it with His love, and crowns it with heavenly glory!

God is a pleasant reward. He is the quintessence of delight! He is all beauty and love! To be feeding upon thoughts of God is delicious. Psalm 104:34, "My meditation on Him shall be sweet." It is delightful to the bee to suck the flower. Just so, by holy musing, to suck out some of the sweetness in God, carries a secret delight in it. To have a prospect of God only by faith is pleasant. 1 Peter 1:8, "In whom believing you rejoice." Then what will the joy of vision be—when we shall have a clear, personal sight of Him—and be laid in the bosom of divine love! What a delicious reward will God be in heaven! This will be better felt—than expressed. The godly, entering upon their celestial reward, are said to enter into the joy of their Lord, Matthew 25:21. Oh, amazing! The saints enter into God's own joy! They have not only the joy which God bestows—but the joy which God enjoys!

God is a transcendent reward. The artist, going to paint the picture of Helena, not being able to draw her beauty—drew her face covered with a veil. Just so, when we speak of God's excellencies—we must draw a veil. He is so super-eminent a reward, that we cannot set Him forth in all His luster and magnificence. Put the whole world in scale with Him—and it is as if you should weigh a feather compared to a mountain of gold. God is far better than all other things put together! He is better than the world—and better than heaven!He is the original cause of all good things. Nothing is sweet without Him. He perfumes and sanctifies our comforts!

God being an infinite reward, there can be no defect or scantiness in it. There is no lack in that which is infinite. Some may ask, "Is God sufficient for every individual saint?" Yes! If the sun, which is but a finite creature, disperses its light to the universe; then much more God, who is infinite, distributes glory to the whole number of the elect. As every person enjoys the whole sun to himself—so every believer possesses the whole God to himself. The Lord has land enough to give all His heirs. Throw a thousand buckets into the sea—and there is water enough in the sea to fill them. Though there are millions of saints and angels—there is enough in God to fill them. God is an infinite reward, and though He is continually giving out of His fullness to others—yet He has not the less. His glory is imparted—not impaired. It is a distribution, without a diminution.

God is an honorable reward. Honor is the height of men's ambition. Aristotle calls it the greatest of blessings. What greater dignity than to be taken up into communion with the God of glory, and to possess a kingdom with Him, bespangled with light, and seated with Christ upon His throne, above all the visible orbs!

God is an everlasting reward. Mortality is the flaw of all earthly things. But God is an eternal reward. Eternity cannot be measured by years nor ages. Eternity makes glory, weighty. Psalm 48:14, "This God is our God forever and ever!" Oh, saints of God, your praying and repenting are but for a while—but your reward is forever! As long as God is God, He will be rewarding you! Hosea 2:19, "I will betroth you unto me forever." God marries Himself to His people, and this admits of no divorce. God's love for His elect is as unchangeable as His love for Christ! Psalm 73:26, "My portion forever." This portion cannot be spent—because it is infinite; nor can it be lost—because it is eternal.

In God are treasures which can never be emptied—and pleasures which can never be ended!

"
You have made known to me the path of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand!" Psalm 16:11

Speak!!!!!
1. Speak the Wondrous Things
"Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk you of all his wondrous works."
- Psalms 105:2
2. Speak the Truth
"These are the things that ye shall do; Speak ye every man the truth to his neighbour; execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates."
- Zechariah 8:16
3. Speak the word of faith
"Take the rod, and gather you the assembly together, you, and Aaron thy brother, and speak ye unto the rock before their eyes; and it shall give forth his water, and thou shalt bring forth to them water out of the rock: so thou shalt give the congregation and their beasts drink."
- Numbers 20:8
4. Speak in tongues
"I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying."
- 1 Corinthians 14:5
5. Speak the good word
"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."
- Ephesians 4:29

In view of God's mercy

(William Secker, "The Consistent Christian")

"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!"
2 Corinthians 9:15

What could Jesus do more--than to die for us!
What can we do less--than to live for Him!

You cannot fathom all the good which He has
bestowed upon you--nor all the evil which He
has forgiven you!

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of
God's mercy
--to offer your bodies as living
sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God!"
Romans 12:1

The Lord gave………….

Psm 68:11 The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that
published it.

1.The Word Of SALVATION.
Acts 13:26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and
whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this
salvation sent.

2.The Word of the GOSPEL.
Acts 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said
unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago
God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should
hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

3.The Word of The GRACE.
Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his
grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance
among all them which are sanctified.

4.The Word Of FAITHFUL.
Titus 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may
be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the
gainsayers.

5.The Word of SOUND SPEECH.
Titus2:8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the
contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

6.The Words of THE LIFE.
Acts 5:20 Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of
this life.

7.The Word of FAITH.
Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in
thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

You shall not be ashamed
"Therefore thus saith the LORD, who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Jacob, Jacob shall not now be ashamed, neither shall his face now wax pale." - Isaiah 29:22
1. Believe the Lord
"
For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed."
- Romans 10:11
2. Obey the Lord
"
Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments."
- Psalms 119:6
3. Wait upon Lord
"And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and lick up the dust of thy feet; and thou shalt know that I am the LORD: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me."
- Isaiah 49:23
4. Upright before Lord
"18 The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.
19 They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied."
- Psalms 37:18-19
5. Trust the Lord
"They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded."
- Psalms 22:5

"One Intercessor Can Make A Difference"
Pastor Jimmy Smith
Hastings UPC
Mat. 21:18-20
God expects our lives to be fruitful & productive.
When Jesus came to this fig tree, expecting to receive fruit from the tree, he found nothing! He passed judgement on the tree, & the tree died!
Now we want to look at another fig tree in Luke 13:6-9.
One fig tree was cursed & died, the other fig tree was given a 2nd chance!
The difference between these two fig trees was an intercessor!
The intercessor in Lk. 13 ...
- worked with the fig tree.
- he invested time & labor & care.
- he did not just ‘sow the seed’!
Yes, we need to sow the seed of the gospel, but we must also be willing to work with the people we are trying to win!
Every soul in our world needs someone to intercede for them!
In Exodus 32:32, Moses interceded for all the Children of Israel, after they had been worshiping a golden calf made by Aaron ( they had committed idolatry ).
Moses told God, "If you are going to kill all the people, then kill me too!"
That’s a great job of interceding for the people Moses, but what happened in Num. 15:32, when one man picked up sticks to build a fire, & they stoned him?
Why didn’t Moses intercede for this one man?
It’s not enough to just pray for God to save the world, or save the lost!
We must get a burden for individuals!
In Luke 19:41, Jesus wept over Jerusalem.
In John 11:35, Jesus wept over Lazarus.
We must intercede for our world, our city, & our friends!
II Peter 3:9, "The Lord is not ... willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."
Don’t give up on anyone! All they need is one intercessor!
They need someone that will weep for their soul!
Ps. 126:5, 6 - "They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him."

God’s call to shine in this world
"Send ye the lamb to the ruler of the land from Sela to the wilderness, unto the mount of the daughter of Zion.”
- Isaiah 16:1
1. Shine as a Rising Sun
And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun.
- Matthew 17:2

2. Shine as a Twinkle Star
And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
- Daniel 12:3

3. Shine as a Fearful Lightning
For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
- Matthew 24:27

4. Shine as a beautiful Moon
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world.
- Philippians 2:15

5. Shine as a White Snow
And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow..
- Mark 9:3

The dark dungeon of ignorance!

(William Secker, "The Consistent Christian" 1660)

"God has called you out of darkness--into His marvelous
light." 1 Peter 2:9

The papists cry up 'ignorance' as the mother of devotion.
But we cry down 'ignorance' as the father of superstition.

It is no wonder that Christ should be so much undesired
--when He is so much unknown.

Satan binds all his captives down in the dark dungeon
of ignorance!
Like the cunning falconer, he blindfolds
his birds
--that he may carry them to hell more securely!

Darkness is the devil's element--and the sinner's
punishment.

Utter darkness--is the recompense of inward darkness.
"My people perish--for lack of knowledge." Hosea 4:6

An ignorant man neither cares what he does--nor
knows where he is going. When such a one is taken
off the earth--he cannot be taken into heaven!
"Taking vengeance with flaming fire on those
who do not know God!" 2 Thessalonians 1:8

An old man was asked what had robbed him of joy the most in his lifetime. He replied, "Things that never happened!" All of us can recall needless burdens that we have put on our own shoulders by anticipating the worst. Certainly the Lord does not lay such burdens on us.
Someone has cited these three keys to happiness:
1. Fret Not - He loves you - (John 13:1).
2. Faint Not - He holds you - (Psalm 139:10).
3. Fear Not - He keeps you - (Psalm 121:5).

Blessings through the Blood of Jesus Christ.

The Blood of Jesus Christ brings us victory.

Lev 17:11 for the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you
Upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the
Blood that maketh atonement for the soul.

Jn 19:34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith
Came there out blood and water.

1. Forgiveness of sins. Heb 9:22.

2. Holiness. I Jn 1:7.

3. Priest.Rev 1:5-6.

4. Kings.Rev 1; 5-6.

5. Peace.Col 1:20.

6. Redemption.Eph 1:7.

7. Boldness. Heb 10:19-20.

8. Righteousness. Rom 5:9.

9. Old ordinances abolished. Col 2:15-16.

10. Healing. Is 53:5; I Peter 2:24.

11. Curse removed. Gal 3:13.

12. Reconciliation.Eph 2:13-16.

13. New covenant. Mt 26:28.

14. Victory. Rev 12:11.

15. New creation. Rev 7:14.

16. Blessings.I Cor 10:16.

17. Speaks.Heb 12:14.

18. Sprinkled Upon us. I Pet 1:2.

19. Draw us near to God. Eph 2:13.

20. Eternal life. Jn 6:54-57.

Give Thanks To The Lord Jesus Christ.