I believe factory farming needs to go!

well I think its pretty clear that looking after your family is a moral obligation even if it's not a legal obligation.

Unless your family pretty much cut you off, like some parents do and totally disown their own children, that isn't the way families work for the majority of families the world over. Families generally have each other's backs. Why? Because they are family. They belong to each other.

Cain once asked God 'am I my brother's keeper?' after killing his own brother. Well sorry to break news to you Cain but YES. God had to put a mark on Cain so that he wouldn't be avenged. Why would you kill your own brother. He's family! But some people do and think that's right..and that abandonment and neglect are ok.

Unless God asks you to sacrifice your own firstborn child you don't do it. He already did that. He tested Abraham to see if he would and he did but God stopped this..why.
It hurt God to sacrifice Jesus, but he did. However, God being God, raised him to life again. And He's on the right hand side of God. Why would God even have a son if He wasn't going to give Him everything, the entire Kingdom of God? And that inheritance is ours too, because we are His children and co-heirs.

If we are not His children, then we are bastards, illegitimate, and have no place in the Kingdom. God can say 'I never knew you'. What Father ever says to His own children "I don't know you?' no true dad will ever say that.

I've been reading about industrial/commercial fishing -- factory fishing ships and trawlers.

They've pretty much depleted fish stocks and totally wrecked spawning grounds in the ocean. One fishing ship, the Fairtry trawler, has killed thousands of fish and a lot of by-catch is fish that they don't want to eat, too small, etc which is wasted as it's sent back dead.

Trawlers dredging the ocean have left marks visible from satellite.

I am totally put off unsustainable fishing. Don't people know you can't just take and take and take.

the waste is causing sickness and pollution on the planet.
if the animals has some type bad disease yes. other wise the waste ( poo) can be spread out on fields as organic fertilizer . cattle poo has more phospurus than nitrogen .chicken manure is very high in nitrogen. if we kept more in line with organic methods we wouldnt have a big issue .
how the waste is causing sickness and pollution on the planet.

Factory farming isn't sanitary, many farmers over produce and then, as animals become overcrowded in confined spaces, disease spreads more easily. Even with farming crops, famers that produce monocrops then are at risk of entire fields being wiped out if a disease gets in.. as there is little genetic diversity among highly bred plants to mitigate losses.

The way modern farming practiced now is dependent on artificial fertilizers mined from countries far away, depleting THOSE resources as well.
When farmers took a stand and advocated for organic farming, other farmers who were more established and dependent on the chemical agribusiness model (with govt subsidies) ridiculed them.

It's very sad that profit comes before wellbeing.

There has been news that the animal poop will be made into fast fashion as sustainable clothing.
it solves a lot of problems with what to do with surplus manure.
hopefully there will be no allergic reactions, and unwanted side effects.
if this is true this tops the top ten stupid ideas

if this is true this tops the top ten stupid ideas
Well I wouldn’t buy any of them. But then I’m not interested in fast fashion.
I prefer clothing that lasts a few years. Good quality stuff.

But out of curiosity, what makes you think it’s a daft idea?

Here’s a link that goes into detail of who and where it began

Well I wouldn’t buy any of them. But then I’m not interested in fast fashion.
I prefer clothing that lasts a few years. Good quality stuff.

But out of curiosity, what makes you think it’s a daft idea?

Here’s a link that goes into detail of who and where it began
i will read it sunday..fashions iam pretty much plain nice clothes ,i have suit jackets i will wear on sunday morning when cold. most time jeans nice dress shirt

Cow manure is used as fuel in many countries.
It is also a good fertiliser.

Not sure why it would be used for fashion though.
Most clothes were made from cotton or wool or linen
But modern day clothes are made from rayon, viscose, nylon, acyrlic and polyester..and these fibres don't last. Also, because they are plastic, they break down in tiny pieces and get flushed into the ocean in the wastewater laundry, and fish swallow them, so if you eat the fish you might be eating tiny fibres of plastic.

A good point about raising animals.
When we get attached to them, it would be hard to kill them.

It doesn’t mention animals going to heaven but the bible says they do have souls. God breathed the breath of life in them.

And I hope there will be a sea, because . I love snorkelling and salt water creatures, and I would not even like a heaven devoid of water.

Isaiah 57:20, “But the wicked are like the restless sea that cannot calm down..”
So maybe this is what God means by there will be no sea, that it’s the sea of wickedness that will not be present in Heaven😊

That is why God calls it a sacrifice.
Because we love them, we don't want to kill them, but they provide us with food. With some animals, they do offer themselves as sacrifices to us, which is why the lamb is so important in the Bible and the meaning Jesus gives us being the lamb of God. He was the sacrifice God made and we do eat his body and drink his blood (symbolically, in communion/Lord's supper)

A good point about raising animals. When we get attached to them, it would be hard to kill them. It doesn’t mention animals going to heaven but the bible says they do have souls. God breathed the breath of life in them. And I hope there will be a sea, because . I love snorkelling and salt water creatures, and I would not even like a heaven devoid of water. Isaiah 57:20, “But the wicked are like the restless sea that cannot calm down..” So maybe this is what God means by there will be no sea, that it’s the sea of wickedness that will not be present in Heaven😊

Hello Via;

God did breath life in animals reference Genesis 1:30, 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so. - NIV

God is translating “life” here, speaking of the soul but He didn't breath the Spirit in animals like He did Adam. There is a distinction between life/soul and the Holy Spirit.

The animal having souls can have an affection with you as the pet owner, but unfortunately your loving pet is not indwelt with the Holy Spirit.

People do grow affectionate with their cows on the farm or fish in a bowl in the house. Does this mean I cannot enjoy a cow, or a fish as food? Yes, God permits me to, at my own free will.

I hope this helps a little, sister.

God bless you and your family.

People do baptised their pets (or give them a wash) also, some churches do blessings of animals.
Of course Noah was the biggest pet owner of them all.

Not sure about the pet thinggy, but perhaps the biggest temporary zookeeper of all.
haha sometimes it's pretty much the same thing. Zoo animals are pampered and loved just as pets are.
Im only just scraping the surface about cruelty to factory farmed animals. Im Weaning off meat

Lanolin, do you know of an instance where a pet animal was baptized in the church, and did the Pastor approve this?

God included two mosquitos on His ark, as well as fish. How God included these are so amazing.

If one weans off meat, fish, salmon and tuna would be good.

Zoo animals are educational and a recreational attraction for humans, but these animals usually have a shorter life span and being held captive can hinder their natural behavior.

Back