IF Alien Life was proven-Would it effect your faith???

This is a "what if" question!

First, let it be said, I do not believe that aliens exist. The Bible gives us no reason to believe that there is life elsewhere in the universe; in fact, the Bible gives us several key reasons why there cannot be. However, that has not stopped theologians, astronomers, and science fiction fans and writers through the years from contemplating the “what ifs” long and hard.

So.....my question is, "IF" the news broke this evening that Alian life has without a doubt bwn observed and proven, and they have in fact visted the Earth....would that effect or change your Christian faith?

Major do aliens exist . Yes. Would it affect my faith. No. Alien activities have been reported throughout the ages. Take out of the equation the many top secret activities that governments do with hidden technology. And you still have much evidence for Alien intrusion and also their sightings. Jacques De Vallee makes some very important observations in his writings with the sighting of UFO’s. Many of these objects seem to be able to break apart at will and do incredible speeds and incredible acrobatics.and then merge as a single object again . They are also able to dematerialise at a moment’s notice: as if vanishing into another dimension it seems. Perhaps there is no real difference between and aliens and demons with what they do when compared with the bible. Maybe it is just how our mindset has been influenced of what aliens really are. Biblical and world wide accounts do agree well of their activities. Seems that they fit hand and glove in many ways .

ET = awww cute
Alien ugly monster= arghhhh go away
Little green men, huge black eyes= weirdly strange (can’t put my finger in what it is about them I don’t like)

No I am not an alien fan. Don’t believe in them.
I believe in God. They may exsist but I keep my faith in the Lord, coz you know what they say…

Beware of strangers bearing free gifts.

Major do aliens exist . Yes. Would it affect my faith. No. Alien activities have been reported throughout the ages. Take out of the equation the many top secret activities that governments do with hidden technology. And you still have much evidence for Alien intrusion and also their sightings. Jacques De Vallee makes some very important observations in his writings with the sighting of UFO’s. Many of these objects seem to be able to break apart at will and do incredible speeds and incredible acrobatics.and then merge as a single object again . They are also able to dematerialise at a moment’s notice: as if vanishing into another dimension it seems. Perhaps there is no real difference between and aliens and demons with what they do when compared with the bible. Maybe it is just how our mindset has been influenced of what aliens really are. Biblical and world wide accounts do agree well of their activities. Seems that they fit hand and glove in many ways .

I am very glad it would not effect your faith if it were proven!

So.....my question is, "IF" the news broke this evening that Alian life has without a doubt bwn observed and proven, and they have in fact visted the Earth....would that effect or change your Christian faith?
Short answer is no, it would not damage or alter my belief in our Lord Christ or in the Father.

I believe that God and His universe are infinite, as are his works, and so all is possible.

“In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.”

I don’t expect everyone to share my view but I read this in a very broad way and believe there is a place in Gods creation for wonders untold.

You can say everything we know of Gods plan and works are in scripture, but has God included everything, all His plan and works, in scripture?

Perhaps there are wonders in creation still to be discovered by man.

The only alien that I've ever believed in or liked was that kind and cute E.T. You know the one that rode
in the front of the boy's bicycle in the basket. Lol....just kidding...I actually think that all those strange lights
that have been seen over the years are possibly investigating Angels, reporting of the cup of iniquity
that is filling up as a prelude to the tribulation and wrath of God upon the evil and wickedness of the unGodly!

Since God is not of this world does that make Him an alien? I have heard People say that Ezekiel saw an alien spaceship when he described the wheel. I don't know what it is people are seeing as far as ufos, but even if it was proven that they existed does not change the fact that Jesus is the Christ and died to take my sins away. I am a firm believer. It is interesting to see more governments saying there are aliens, I wonder if that is how they will try to explain the rapture to those left on earth. A mass abduction or culling by aliens.

No, it would not shake my faith, but it would pose some questions depending on actual situation.

I can remember back in the mid 1970's when I was in the military. At a Bible study at the Post chapel, this was discussed.

I remember someone asking whether our experience with Christ would be applicable to them, or would they have their own incarnation of the Son, etc, or whether we would then send evangelists to their civilization? A lot depends on the spiritual nature of the aliens.

There was also the question of what it would be like to meet a race that never had fallen?

So many questions, but at this time under current circumstances there are more pressing things to ponder.

Why would God create a universe as vast as this to leave it empty but for this rock called earth? God tells us what we need to know, not all that He knows. Yes, I think there is probably life elsewhere in the universe.

The only alien that I've ever believed in or liked was that kind and cute E.T. You know the one that rode
in the front of the boy's bicycle in the basket. Lol....just kidding...I actually think that all those strange lights
that have been seen over the years are possibly investigating Angels, reporting of the cup of iniquity
that is filling up as a prelude to the tribulation and wrath of God upon the evil and wickedness of the unGodly!

Most people in the know say that IF there are Aliens who visit the Earth, they will not be very friendly. I do not know why they think that but that is what I read.

Why would God create a universe as vast as this to leave it empty but for this rock called earth? God tells us what we need to know, not all that He knows. Yes, I think there is probably life elsewhere in the universe.
Makes one wonder doesn't it?

Now.....if it was proven, would it affect your faith?

No, it would not shake my faith, but it would pose some questions depending on actual situation.

I can remember back in the mid 1970's when I was in the military. At a Bible study at the Post chapel, this was discussed.

I remember someone asking whether our experience with Christ would be applicable to them, or would they have their own incarnation of the Son, etc, or whether we would then send evangelists to their civilization? A lot depends on the spiritual nature of the aliens.

There was also the question of what it would be like to meet a race that never had fallen?

So many questions, but at this time under current circumstances there are more pressing things to ponder.

Good points. Wouldn't we have to assume that any and all races of Aliens would also be "fallen".

I mean....... there is the problem of redemption. They could not be perfect and sinless....could they?
Even if they are other worldly, advanced sentient life form, wouldnt they also be sinful and in need of redemption as are humans? Assuming they, like humans, do need redemption, would Jesus still be their way of salvation?

It seems logical to assume that since God is all-powerful, He would be able to save aliens by some other means other than the blood of Jesus. Could we assume that life billions of light years away might be silicone or copper based instead of iron based.

Since God is not of this world does that make Him an alien? I have heard People say that Ezekiel saw an alien spaceship when he described the wheel. I don't know what it is people are seeing as far as ufos, but even if it was proven that they existed does not change the fact that Jesus is the Christ and died to take my sins away. I am a firm believer. It is interesting to see more governments saying there are aliens, I wonder if that is how they will try to explain the rapture to those left on earth. A mass abduction or culling by aliens.

Ding - ding - ding! Dave.......I think you have just hit the right answer.

Why is all of a sudden......the USA and many other countries providing the info on Alians????

Could it be just as you said............."
I wonder if that is how they will try to explain the rapture to those left on earth. A mass abduction or culling by aliens.

Why would the alleged 'proof of aliens' detract from the fact of Christ dying for our sins and rising from the dead?
That's the real news that these MSM fake news outlets avoid, they would rather go chasing after red lights flashing in the sky.
In short, no, it wouldn't shake my faith because aliens have nothing to do with my faith.

Last edited:
Good points. Wouldn't we have to assume that any and all races of Aliens would also be "fallen".

I mean....... there is the problem of redemption. They could not be perfect and sinless....could they?
Even if they are other worldly, advanced sentient life form, wouldnt they also be sinful and in need of redemption as are humans? Assuming they, like humans, do need redemption, would Jesus still be their way of salvation?

It seems logical to assume that since God is all-powerful, He would be able to save aliens by some other means other than the blood of Jesus. Could we assume that life billions of light years away might be silicone or copper based instead of iron based.

The study from my past did not come to much conclusion beyond that everything in the universe is God's and any creatures in it would be part of His design.

Without trying to be disagreeable, I do not see why we should assume that because our progenitors chose sin that the progenitors of an alien race would necessarily have made the same mistake.

Could their advanced state be because they accepted the creator more readily and thus learned about His creation more quickly and advanced farther?

There would have been no need for the tower of Babel nor the flood nor the other things that set man back until he (_we_) learned how to behave and follow the Lord.

As far as our governments knowing about aliens and keeping it a secret, from my point of view the government, particularly western governments have a very poor record reguarding keeping secrets for very long.

The study from my past did not come to much conclusion beyond that everything in the universe is God's and any creatures in it would be part of His design.

Without trying to be disagreeable, I do not see why we should assume that because our progenitors chose sin that the progenitors of an alien race would necessarily have made the same mistake.

Could their advanced state be because they accepted the creator more readily and thus learned about His creation more quickly and advanced farther?

There would have been no need for the tower of Babel nor the flood nor the other things that set man back until he (_we_) learned how to behave and follow the Lord.

Good thoughts.

Back