IF Alien Life was proven-Would it effect your faith???

This is a "what if" question! First, let it be said, I do not believe that aliens exist. The Bible gives us no reason to believe that there is life elsewhere in the universe; in fact, the Bible gives us several key reasons why there cannot be. However, that has not stopped theologians, astronomers, and science fiction fans and writers through the years from contemplating the “what ifs” long and hard. So.....my question is, "IF" the news broke this evening that Alian life has without a doubt bwn observed and proven, and they have in fact visted the Earth....would that effect or change your Christian faith?

Hello Major;

I received a request from a member of a church I am preaching at. He is writing a book and wanted to ask me to provide theological input. One of the chapters deals with DNA, celestials, humanoids and aliens.

I'm honored he asked me and told him I will do the best I can to help. Then guess what? You posted this thread on If Alien Life was proven-Would it affect your faith??? Could this be an alien intervention? lol!

With the media, documentaries and sightings of aliens and flying machines, I once said since God created His universe why couldn't there be an alien existence somewhere in the galaxy?

I do respect other Christians that hold a different view on aliens being a possible creation from God, but not to the point of having a harsh disagreement and losing the more important goal of loving, Christian fellowship and discussion.

However, I'm enjoying everyone's posts here.

Today, I can only discuss aliens on a theoretical level. My faith remains intact and am immune, because I know God is not theoretical but factual Truth.

God bless you, brother, and thank you for sharing.

I keep hoping someone will tell be how the Egyptians built the pyramids with such precision. Last I read nobody had an explantion. Incas built them also without any knowledge of Egypyt or even Europe. I dont know if the Incan pyramids were as precise as the Egyptians.

I keep hoping someone will tell be how the Egyptians built the pyramids with such precision. Last I read nobody had an explantion. Incas built them also without any knowledge of Egypyt or even Europe. I dont know if the Incan pyramids were as precise as the Egyptians.

Hello Hopeful;

I heard some guy named Tehuti (Egyptian God of earth; sky; air and sea) lost the instructions on a boat to Peru and never found them. They couldn't make copies because the printer wasn't invented back then. lol!

Just kidding! 😎 I'm also asking the same questions of the Egyptian, Incas, Mexico, Iraq, Rome?!?, Guatemala, Cambodia, etc...

Great question, brother.

Interesting topic that has been around 'forever'.
I recall hearing that preflood civilization was much more advanced than generally believed. We know it didn't rain and the atmosphere was different than what we now know. Read that oxygen bubbles in amber suggest the O2 levels at that time where 35% compared to our current levels of about 22%. Could it be that there was an atomic disaster at that time which caused the atmosphere to collapse resulting in the flood and knocking the earth off its axis? Even in our historic times when God pronounced judgement on Isreal He would use the Babylonians or who ever so who to say how God would flood the earth. I also think that God may have other things going on besides us - not to diminish the Word and the salvation message.

Hopeful there certainly be a unifying memory of pyramid building from many ancient cultures throughout the world as with Mexico the Incas Cambodia and China . Though with the Chinese they seemed to devour entire hills when building theirs. Ancient man is often underestimated with his mathematical and navigational abilities. They were as smart as us. I think the latest theory with the pyramids is that they used cement. The use of cement goes back far into our ancient past. Whether that be the case for the ancient pyramids is yet to be proven. Herodotus a ancient historian does mention them being built by man and certainly not by aliens. There be a site on U Tube called ancient architects. It presents many updates of the latest finding on the pyramids and the history of Egypt. Generally the episodes go from 10 - 30 minutes. Of course you have to be a little weary of the site on some of the other subjects more so with dating things beyond our biblical accounts .

Today, I can only discuss aliens on a theoretical
Our theology is about our transgression and God's efforts to remain holy while restoring fellowship.

How difficult would it be to deal with the thought that God had not communicated with another thinking (I hesitate to call us intelligent) race, regardless of spiritual state?

And, given a race with a knowledge of God, would we recognise the theology of such a race as compatible with ours?

Today, I can only discuss aliens on a theoretical level. My faith remains intact and am immune, because I know God is not theoretical but factual Truth.
Our theology is about our transgression and God's efforts to remain holy while restoring fellowship. How difficult would it be to deal with the thought that God had not communicated with another thinking (I hesitate to call us intelligent) race, regardless of spiritual state? And, given a race with a knowledge of God, would we recognise the theology of such a race as compatible with ours?

Hello Siloam;

I read your post and did you catch my use of theoretical and theology? Please help me clarify if we are in accord, or not. I agree with your post about theology but did you notice I stated discussing aliens on a theoretical level?

What I red-lighted are exact examples of the conversations I have had with others, of God not communicating with another thinking. Or, given a race with the knowledge of God, would our theologies be compatible between both races (humans and aliens?)

Both of these thoughts have been in the mix of my discussions but only on a theoretical level. My faith remains intact and am immune, because I know God is not theoretical but factual Truth, thus theological.

Another example, my Dad is a huge fan of Ancient Aliens on the History Channel. Though he is adamant that beings in the universe can possibly exist, I maintain my position with him on a theoretical level. More important, it's a time that I can spend watching the show with my Dad over popcorn. He's 86 years old.

God bless you, brother, and your family.

I believe its an Ethiopian writing.
Yes I did check the Kebra text be a writing from the 14th century written by Nebure Id Ishaq relating to the histories of the Queen of Sheba and King Solomon the ark of the covenant much valued amongst the Ethiopian Church CE3BE0EC-521B-4822-B8A2-BF880C14F29B.jpeg

Well I know In the bible people lived a lot longer, 1000 years near enough.
So maybe those giant triangles were just built because we had so much spare time we didn’t quite know what else to do!

Could be a pyramid scheme, or maybe I’m going a bit to pharoah😁
The precision cutting is one thing that hasnt yet been explained to my satisfaction. And moving and positioning the massive stones after the cutting.

The precision cutting is one thing that hasnt yet been explained to my satisfaction. And moving and positioning the massive stones after the cutting.
Yeh I agree they had good building skills back then, or technology of some sort.
I doubt aliens were here helping though. Not unless aliens= angels/ demons.

Or maybe God sent us messages telling us how to build them like He did with the ark!

Maybe He didn’t put it in the bible because it’s a way of saying “ hey you guys, u know those giant triangles…

Well they’re nuthin’ special ok 👍 so don’t worship them.

I actually love the pyramids and think they are fantastic and the sphinx , and I wish someone would consider building a set to see how it could come about. But like I say, we don’t know what tools or tech they had.

There are a LOT of things with unsatisfactory explanations. But unexplained does not mean unexplainable, nor does it mean what seems plausible must be true just based on the absence of known alternatives.

As far as precision cutting, moving, and placing of huge stones, one must not underestimate the things people will do and the care they will take to honor their diety, even if it seems far fetched to us. I note that often the precision alignment of the structures with stellar objects often exceeds the precision of modern buildings using modern nethods, but then something a fraction of a degree off is not considerd significant in most of today's structures. A sun worshiping priest might well have a different view.

I remember viewing a documentary where modern men using hand weilded tools available to ancients and duplicated each step of the process, and created a small pyramidal structure. It, being a modern day, for public consumption experiment may not stand to close scientific scrutiny, but it seemed to me when I viewed it that it made the construction of such structures quite in the realm of plausability.

This is a "what if" question!

First, let it be said, I do not believe that aliens exist. The Bible gives us no reason to believe that there is life elsewhere in the universe; in fact, the Bible gives us several key reasons why there cannot be. However, that has not stopped theologians, astronomers, and science fiction fans and writers through the years from contemplating the “what ifs” long and hard.

So.....my question is, "IF" the news broke this evening that Alian life has without a doubt bwn observed and proven, and they have in fact visted the Earth....would that effect or change your Christian faith?
Proving the existence of alien beings would not disprove the existence of God, so my faith would be unaffected.

Why would God create a universe as vast as this to leave it empty but for this rock called earth? God tells us what we need to know, not all that He knows. Yes, I think there is probably life elsewhere in the universe.
Ok, on this I am in total agreement. Especially my belief that God has told us what we need to know, not all there is to know. It would not impact my faith, as it would just be another creation God saw fit to make. I have seen several UFOs in my life, all when I was a child and in the mid 1970s. Don't know what they were or where they came from. I just know that I saw them, and I was not alone.

Back