IF Alien Life was proven-Would it effect your faith???

Ok, on this I am in total agreement. Especially my belief that God has told us what we need to know, not all there is to know. It would not impact my faith, as it would just be another creation God saw fit to make. I have seen several UFOs in my life, all when I was a child and in the mid 1970s. Don't know what they were or where they came from. I just know that I saw them, and I was not alone.
I have also had a strange sighting that was reported by many.

The object was definitely Unknown to me and appeared to be Flying and there-for could rightly be labeled a UFO.

However, I believe that the operaive feature was my ignorance reguarding its nature, not any extra-terrestrial orgin or explanation.

I have also had a strange sighting that was reported by many.

The object was definitely Unknown to me and appeared to be Flying and there-for could rightly be labeled a UFO.

However, I believe that the operaive feature was my ignorance reguarding its nature, not any extra-terrestrial orgin or explanation.
Yes, there is always that possibility. Mine was one night in front of our house in Miami Beach. FL. It was a stationary object that was multi-colored and kept changing size and color. It eventually just "turned off." About 10 of us saw it, both children and adults.

I would think that if these objects were in fact visitors from another planet, they would have made contact with us by now. I would assume that if a decision was made to actually fly into the lower atmosphere, it would be to make contact.

Yes, there is always that possibility. Mine was one night in front of our house in Miami Beach. FL. It was a stationary object that was multi-colored and kept changing size and color. It eventually just "turned off." About 10 of us saw it, both children and adults.

I would think that if these objects were in fact visitors from another planet, they would have made contact with us by now. I would assume that if a decision was made to actually fly into the lower atmosphere, it would be to make contact.

I saw that one too on Star Trek.;)

Too many have reported sightings for too many years for them all to be fraudulent. Is it aliens? Is it a foriegn government or our own government? I dont know but do believe its something.

There are two 'equations' or 'statistical questions' in the secular world related to alien life and unidentified flying [extraterrestrial] objects:

The first is called the Drake equation which attempts to estimate the population of intelligent life in the whole universe. This is not really a single equation but an approach to guestimating things about extra-terrestrial life. It is really an expression of how large the universe is multiplied by a list of probability estimates that are multiplied together to quantify the existance of intelligent life in the universe.

A [ short ] list of these probabities would be :

Number_of_Stars in the universe x
Average_number_of_Planets per star x
Percent_of_planets with conditions conducive to life x
Percent_of_those_Planets that actualy develope life x
Percent_of_Life_Bearing_Planets that develope intelligent life x
etc etc etc

I often come across an article that makes one or more of these probilities much smaller, or introduces an additional term in this equation. The net trend is that estimates of life and intelligent life are trending down.

These are guesses (educated or not).

In High School, both my math teacher and my physics teacher talked about the useful limits of probability computations. There comes a time when the unknown so greatly out classes the actual information that the result is meaningless. These values were called NUMBs (probably because they sound like numbers but are just sensless). Calculations involving them and particularly further calculations stemming from them have no practical meaning.

While probabilities are usefull when quantifying the unknown so that further computation can be done, the error bounds of such computations make them useless.

For the believing Christian, we know that since probabilities are measures of the unknown, at the very bottom of all observations of nature is the unchanging God. At the very ground-truth, neither He nor His works are a matter of probability.

The other question of a statistical nature in relation to Alien visitations is the Fermi Paradox. The Fermi paradox is the question of: given the size of the universe and the probable number of advanced civilations (from the Drake equation!), "WHERE IS EVERYBODY".

There are a number of answers including that we are too out of the way, or that they don't care about us, or that they are separated in time (They existed thousands/millions of years ago but are no longer extant).

For the believer, either answer to the question of whether there are extraterestrial civilations is stupendous.

I am pleased that those that answered this expressed confidence in their faith. I do note though that few considered whether knowing such a fundamental feature of God's universe would change or add to our knowledge of the Creator of the Universe.

few considered whether knowing such a fundamental feature of God's universe would change or add to our knowledge of the Creator of the Universe.
Good point.

I must admit to personally grappling with understanding God’s creation with what information is already currently available.

I think ‘proof” of expanding God’s Creation and “creations” to a cosmic or inter-galactic level would actually be a comfort to me.

Thank you for the thoughtful and articulate write-up and also the coherent explanations of both the Drake equation and Fermi Paradox. I see these both thrown about quite often without context.

Too many have reported sightings for too many years for them all to be fraudulent. Is it aliens? Is it a foriegn government or our own government? I dont know but do believe its something.

Is it possible that they are figments of our imagination so as to satisfy something that we can not explain????

We hear a "bang" in the night and our fear factor tells us that someone is breaking in.
Then when we get our gun, flashlight and go look, we see that a picture fell off the wall.

We see a dark figure, in the woods behind the house and our brain says......"BIG FOOT"!
Then we when get up the nerve and go and look closer we discover that it was a pillow case cover from the neighbors cloths line.

Allow me share a 100% true story. About 7 or 8 years ago, my wife tossed a can of outdated bisquets in the garbage can. About 8 hours later, at 2 AM we heard a loud noise a BANG. I got up, got my gun, turned on the lights and looked all over the house and found nothing. In the morning my wife called me to the kitchen. There in the garbage can, that can of bisquets had expanded and exploded!

What I KNEW was an intruded turned out to be the Pillsbury Dough Boy! True story!

Yes, Hopefull, I agree, lots of space to say the least.
Whether you like the steady state model of the universe or the Big Bang model of the universe, it’s pretty darn big.
View attachment 7919
Well whatever model one chooses. We know our universe has been deeply affected and deeply scared. Our neighbouring planets attest to that. Whether that be from the effects of the angelic rebellion of the war in heaven or the fall of man all the way up to the affects of the world wide flood of old. Perhaps it be all those things. Men of science do say and claim a lot of things often contrary to the bible. What be our final authority? The bible or the ever changing opinions of science. Alien can mean many things from entities of angelic origins be that good or bad or a completely different creation from another world or even Christians being referred to as aliens sojourning through this present fallen world. We have to be extremely careful when evaluating other civilisations similar to our own from other worlds . None have been discovered yet and certainly none that inhabit life. It be only speculation. Our creation be in a very special one. So much so that God sent his Son to die on a cross to redeem and eventually one day to resurrect. That should not be taken lightly. We not be just another mere creation. We be a very special creation and not just a mere speck of dust out there amongst the farthest corners of the so called endless universe.

Last edited:
Back