If I were to commit suicide, would I go to hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I enjoy fishing, cricket and soccer on the beach with the kids, or even long walks on the coast line.
I'm off playing computers games, but have nothing against it - care should be taken about some games though.
I do miss my motorcycle though - there is just something about tackling a dirt road to nowhere in the mountains.
I even take much joy out of participating in this forum.

I'll be praying that your connection with mykuhl will benefit you. We all care about you very much! And you need someone you can trust, that you will listen to. God is always there for you, and does hear you, but we all need faith to make the connection. And part of faith is trust. We have to come to that place where we trust in God beyond anything else in our lives. As you learn to trust in God, you will begin to grow in many ways.

Don't allow the devil to rob you of the calling that God has on your life, as we all have a calling prior to our birth, the few who are chosen, are the ones who say yes Lord Here i am.....

Father, thank You for Juk! Thank You that he is Your son and sheep and that You love him beyond all he could ask or think. Surround him Father in Your presence and love....enveloping him in peace, and wrapping Your loving arms around him. Bless him Lord with guidance, and trust in You. Thank You for making Yourself so very real to him. I thank You Father for giving Juk a renewed hunger for You and direction for how to enjoy his life without feeling as if he is taking things away from You. Grant him the gift of joy unspeakable and in abundance. Give him the grace that he needs to learn how to see You in everything. And how to make You and life fit together. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Yes, I enjoy fishing, cricket and soccer on the beach with the kids, or even long walks on the coast line.
I'm off playing computers games, but have nothing against it - care should be taken about some games though.
I do miss my motorcycle though - there is just something about tackling a dirt road to nowhere in the mountains.
I even take much joy out of participating in this forum.

Oh yea Fishing go figure and boats and walks in the woods. Dirt track racing......Give me a super modified late model any day. Games , I agree some you have to watch out forbut I never really bother with all that. See I have GTR2 GTR3 GTR4 no worries with these. lol

Choose life man.
I like to go fishing too, except, the past few times Ive been, I didnt catch anything.
Fish catcher Jim, you must have a secret...what is it?

Is it my pink fishing rod thats scaring away the fish?
Did you hear about the giant squid that washed up on kAikoura? I could hardly believe it. A squid ring from that could fit me in it.
Also, one or two of those could probably feed about 5000 people.

How many times do you have to be told Juk. Play some dang video games. Make videos have fun. It is the devil who is guiding you into this place of depression and crap. Get a grip already.

If I could walk over and hook up one of my 3 play stations I would and we would play.
Funny thing Juk.............God never told you to stop having fun.......You did.
Blessings
Jim
With all due respect as a friend Jim.....Juk doesn't need to play video games and have fun, what he needs is to have these lies rooted out of him! If he does reject and stop believing the deception he will never live any different. He will not be able to enjoy anything. Distractions will not help, I have been there and done that and failed.

I believe that suicide is pure rebellion against Jesus Christ, and this is because you are taking your life, which belongs to Him, and ending it before its time. But if I were to commit suicide, would I go to hell? What do you think?

If Jesus truly is your Saviour, hell is not your destiny. You aren't cast into hell for particular sins you commit, but for being in an unrighteous position before God---which means the blood of Jesus has not wiped out your sin.

When we receive Jesus Christ and have repented, all our sins are wiped out---past, present and future.

It's because I have been very depressed lately and I don't enjoy my life. I gave up just about every everything I enjoyed for God, and it does not seem to be paying off. I expected to get closer to God because I thought my heart was right (not because I gave up all those things, but be a use I thought my heart was right). But now it seems like I have gotten farther away than where I was before. I am certain that the Christian God exists, there is no doubt about that. But I don't know what to do. And I'm on an idiot. I asked God already, no answer. I just know that I'll die before I become an atheist, and I believe that that shows that I truly believe. But I don't know what else to do. It feels like my life was not made to be enjoyed, but that it's useless, or just a burden to others.

Notice how I used the words, "feel" and "seem". I don't want to blaspheme God by saying that something that is not true is true or vice versa, even unknowingly.

Do you think God doesn't want us to enjoy our lives? Why do you give up things you enjoy? If there is sin in them, then yes, they need to be eradicated from your life, but God is the one who should be telling you to make these changes, and He does it one by one---not all at once, and you certainly don't need to be pressuring yourself in making these decisions without Holy Spirit impressing them on you. Life is for the enjoying!

John 10:10
The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).

You need to have a relationship with Jesus.

Deliverance called for I think!
Juk..why you thinking this way? Tell satan and his demons to get lost.
I encourage you to take the plunge, and be baptised, as Jesus did. When he was obdient, his Father said, and everyone actually heard him speak 'this is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased'

With all due respect as a friend Jim.....Juk doesn't need to play video games and have fun, what he needs is to have these lies rooted out of him! If he does reject and stop believing the deception he will never live any different. He will not be able to enjoy anything. Distractions will not help, I have been there and done that and failed.

Yes sir Mykuhl, ; ) lol
Look he is a twelve year old kid who thinks he had to stop being a kid to serve God and it is eating at him. He will do more good for God being himself then trying to bemore then he is at this time.

It is not having fun that got him where he is right now. Ask him since your talking with him.
Any way my friend God be with you always
Jim

Choose life man.
I like to go fishing too, except, the past few times Ive been, I didnt catch anything.
Fish catcher Jim, you must have a secret...what is it?

Is it my pink fishing rod thats scaring away the fish?
Did you hear about the giant squid that washed up on kAikoura? I could hardly believe it. A squid ring from that could fit me in it.
Also, one or two of those could probably feed about 5000 people.

No i did not hear about that I will have to go check it out. It is NOT your pink fishing pole Lanolin. Hey I need to go but I will finish this later or my tomorrow.
God Bless
Jim

@Juk; if this is what you are considering, might I suggest speaking to a psychologist regarding this.
If not, I see your point about rebelling against Jesus in a way.

How many times do you have to be told Juk. Play some dang video games. Make videos have fun. It is the devil who is guiding you into this place of depression and crap. Get a grip already.

If I could walk over and hook up one of my 3 play stations I would and we would play.
Funny thing Juk.............God never told you to stop having fun.......You did.
Blessings
Jim
But if I start having fun, I will forget about God!

I believe that suicide is pure rebellion against Jesus Christ, and this is because you are taking your life, which belongs to Him, and ending it before its time. But if I were to commit suicide, would I go to hell? What do you think?
The bible tells us to ENDURE hardness as a soldier. I've been a soldier in man's army.
Soldiers endure because they know that what they do matters. They endure because they have to watch over their fellow soldiers and the people they are there to protect. They endure because they know that the battle is just one small part of the war. They endure because they trust their commander and each other.
If a soldier that does not endure he puts his fellow soldiers and the lives of those he is there to fight for at risk. If a soldier does not endure, he is more of a danger to others than the enemy is.

My next bit of advice may seem a bit weird, but please bear me out...
Step 1) For now forget about regular or constant bible study/reading. Based on your posts it is currently creating more strain than benefit for you.
I AM NOT telling you to stop reading the bible. I am telling you to do so in a more relaxed and prayerful manner.
Read it when you're in the bathroom, when you're waiting in line, or when you get a moment here and there. Don't focus on how much of it you are reading just read it and pray over what you read. As you do so your understanding and faith will grow. So will your tolerance and hunger for longer and deeper periods of study.

Step 2) Unless you have a solid medical reason not to do so... EXERCISE, and as you exercise, audibly PRAISE GOD the entire time. Jog, jump rope, do isometrics. The exact type of exercise is not as important as simply doing it. Whether your praise is a whisper, a song, or a full bodied yell doesn't matter either. Simply just do it.
The emotional and spiritual benefits are immense.

As to your initial question...
Suicide is murder plain, pure, and simple. Killing yourself is the same as killing some random joker on the street. Jesus only speaks of one sin as being unforgivable and it is not murder.
I have spoken with a number of people who have attempted to murder themselves and family members of those that have murdered themselves.

There is a singular glaring commonality...
People turn to suicide when they have gotten to the point where all they see is themselves. When your eyes are locked on yourself, you are focused on something that has failed you and will fail you again and again. You are focused on your own pain and misery. You lose sight of the fact that such misery is only momentary.

If you are to the point of considering murdering yourself it means that you are not looking to Jesus. You are looking at and trusting in your own understanding above His.

Oh no you wont. Just invite Jesus to have fun with you. HE IS your friend and why wouldn't you invite your friend to have fun. HE wants to have fun with you. HE is not a tyrant but a loving God and HE wants to see HIS children happy. I always ask Jesus " what do you want to do today?" I just bring my friend every where I go and we do stuff together and HE never says no. I'm your friend too JUK and I don't want to see you hurt. I will be praying for you my young friend :)

Actually Jesus wants us to be joyful and happy.. Not the worldly joy from flesh.. But joy for the spirit.. You know the kind of joy you would have as a child.. like a child seeing her father back from work.. I am talking about that kind of joy.. Fellowship with friends.. And so on..

Proverbs 17:22
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Matthew 11:28-30
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.

Ecclesiastes 2:24
There is nothing better for a person than that he should eat and drink and find enjoyment in his toil. This also, I saw, is from the hand of God,

JUk that is totally not true. God wants you to have fun. In fact God will set things up so you have more fun then you thought you would. You can talk to God as you are playing and having fun and develope your relationship with him as well.
Blessings
Jim

Is it worth chancing all of eternity?

Corinthians says: You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

You were bought by the death and blood of Christ. You are a child of God. He died for you, now live for Him. Honor Him with your life.

Suicide will not solve anything. It will not fix any problems. It will only make things worse. You will hurt the ones that love you.

If you are depressed use it as an opportunity to seek God more. Pray to Him. Read His word and all of the promises He has made to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back