II Peter 2:1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so let's assume you are correct and the earth is 12,000, 15,000, whatever years old versus 6 to 7,000 years. What difference does it really make? Isn't this just more organizational hair splitting that tears at the Church?
Not really. As Christians we should be interested in truth. We should also be interested in being a positive influence in our society,

As far as splitting hairs, consider how fervently some (not all) Christians try to have young Earth Creationism taught in public schools.

For instance the trial in Topeka Kansas in May of 2005.

<I had originally had a long post (even longer than this) describing the trial and the evidence presented, etc, but decided that is not the point and too long for this venue >

The upshot was that Intelligent Design got a big black eye that it still hasn't lived down.

Also, in about the same time, I was fellow-shipping at a church yhjat ran a Christian School. When they were switching out their books, I came in to help move them around (new books to classrooms, old books to boxes for shipment). While I am not a scientist, I have a keen interest in science and I paged through their science book for middle school students. Their astronomy section did not discuss anything outside of the solar system, except to say that the stars were much farther away (no mention of HOW far, which would have introduced inconvenient concepts like the speed of light and light year). Not to mention the other galaxies, the CLOSEST being over 2 million light years away, their distances and how long that light had to be traveling to reach our eyes.
I had not intended to be confrontational, but I was and still am concerned with what happens to these youngsters if they ever go to a secular college. When I asked about this was the first time I was called a heretic.

On a different, but related note, I remember when my nephew graduated from which school. He wanted to go into forestry and asked at the local forest service station where he knew several rangers where he should go to school. When his mother (my sister-in-law) checked them out she said he could not attend either of them because their course descriptions said that evolution was a required course for all their biological sciences.

So no I do not think that this is hair splitting or that one simply say that it makes no difference or that any congregation .

By the way, I only stated that this was my belief. I was not trying to convince or argue anyone. I am now simply trying to respond to questions.

I have no real problem with dating.age of His creation, but real problems with Evolution, as Bible states Gid created all things after own kind!

Agreed!

If we think about this openly and clearly IMO the age of Creation does not matter. If it was 6000 years ago or 25 Billion years ago, when you get to the beginning, there is God, the Creator standing there saying......."What took you so long".????

The real truth is simple.......we are not going to know until we see Jesus in glory.

A couple of things have always been a concern and cause me to think.

1. Since God is beyond time and is ageless, why would He wait until 6000 years ago to create???
2. How do I as a Christian disavow the existence of bones proven to be millions of years old????
3. How do I just ignore the science that proved the age of those bones.

So I come to this conclusion, None of the Old Age New Earth matters. The only thing that matters is the death, burial and resurrection of the ONE who did the creating! It is interesting to discuss this subject but I encourage everyone to realize that this is one of those things that has it's answer in heaven waiting on us to get there so don't lose friends over something that has no answer..........yet.

Last edited:
Agreed!

If we think about this openly and clearly IMO the age of Creation does not matter. If it was 6000 years ago or 25 Billion years ago, when you get to the beginning, there is God, the Creator standing there saying......."What took you so long".????

The real truth is simple.......we are not going to know until we see Jesus in glory.

A couple of things have always been a concern and cause me to think.

1. Since God is beyond time and is ageless, why would He wait until 6000 years ago to create???
2. How do I as a Christian disavow the existence of bones proven to be millions of years old????
3. How do I just ignore the science that proved the age of those bones.

So I come to this conclusion, None of the Old Age New Earth matters. The only thing that matters is the death, burial and resurrection of the ONE who did the creating! It is interesting to discuss this subject but I encourage everyone to realize that this is one of those things that has it's answer in heaven waiting on us to get there so don't lose friends over something that has no answer..........yet.
The dating method methods are shown though to not trustworthy at all, and evolution has never been proven, as no transitions ever have been found!

The dating method methods are shown though to not trustworthy at all, and evolution has never been proven, as no transitions ever have been found!
Evolutionists ignore what cannot be explained. Ask them about Spontaneous Reproduction and they draw a blank. It is easy to be deceived and takes no mental energy to walk the broad paved road.

Look up the "Paluxy River tracks". Have you ever seen something lay out the open long enough to be covered and preserved? A dead animal on the side of the road is eaten up by vultures and the bones scattered in a matter of weeks. How are fossils even possible with the Old Earth theory? Carbon dating is only accurate for a few thousand years, at best. Carbon dating doesn't even go into the millions. We should all do study outside of our heads. Great post, Major.

Well.....I am not he one to debate carbon dating. I only know what I read.

I will however say that we need to be open minded about what we read. When we look at website that promote their own agenda that is what you will get......their opinions.

I have read several web sites positions and have found exactly what you stated and that is that carbon dating is only effective to 5000 years ago.
However......since those website's agenda is the New Earth position that is exactly what you would expect them to say.

Not to argue he point but to only show the opposite position from..........How Carbon-14 Dating Works | HowStuffWorks
"Because the half-life of carbon-14 is 5,700 years, it is only reliable for dating objects up to about 60,000 years old. However, the principle of carbon-14 dating applies to other isotopes as well. Potassium-40 is another radioactive element naturally found in your body and has a half-life of 1.3 billion years. Other useful radioisotopes for radioactive dating include Uranium -235 (half-life = 704 million years), Uranium -238 (half-life = 4.5 billion years), Thorium-232 (half-life = 14 billion years) and Rubidium-87 (half-life = 49 billion years).

The use of various radioisotopes allows the dating of biological and geological samples with a high degree of accuracy."

Evolutionists ignore what cannot be explained. Ask them about Spontaneous Reproduction and they draw a blank. It is easy to be deceived and takes no mental energy to walk the broad paved road.

Isn't Spontaneous Reproduction actually the basis for the Evolutionary position????

The nonlife-to-life barrier, in essence, makes the biological theory of evolution irrelevant because if there is no life, there is no possibility of evolution to modify the initial life-form. This “false start” analogy is then accepted as the truth when in fact it is biologically impossible to happen.

Well.....I am not he one to debate carbon dating. I only know what I read.

I will however say that we need to be open minded about what we read. When we look at website that promote their own agenda that is what you will get......their opinions.

I have read several web sites positions and have found exactly what you stated and that is that carbon dating is only effective to 5000 years ago.
However......since those website's agenda is the New Earth position that is exactly what you would expect them to say.

Not to argue he point but to only show the opposite position from..........How Carbon-14 Dating Works | HowStuffWorks
"Because the half-life of carbon-14 is 5,700 years, it is only reliable for dating objects up to about 60,000 years old. However, the principle of carbon-14 dating applies to other isotopes as well. Potassium-40 is another radioactive element naturally found in your body and has a half-life of 1.3 billion years. Other useful radioisotopes for radioactive dating include Uranium -235 (half-life = 704 million years), Uranium -238 (half-life = 4.5 billion years), Thorium-232 (half-life = 14 billion years) and Rubidium-87 (half-life = 49 billion years).

The use of various radioisotopes allows the dating of biological and geological samples with a high degree of accuracy."
That may be but considering evolutionists cannot explain how the elements even came into existence that is a convenience truth they have discovered and not an explanation of the "origin" of anything.

Staff Memo: This thread has had 6 Reports submitted in less than 24 hours. This thread is now closed to additional posting while the CFS Staff evaluates it's content.

We caution all members to not start another thread along these same topic lines at this time.

Once this thread content has been reviewed, it may be reopened with some content removed or this thread may remain closed or deleted completely.

The CFS Staff wants everyone to remember that this forum is unlike others on the net and limits debating that can lead to angry replies.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back