I'm An Athiest!! (this Is Hard Being A Christian Part 2)

I'm lost. Can you clarify?
If you are saying I'm deflecting, I would like a clear explanation as to how since I am a very straightforward person. Perhaps my writing is coming across wrong and I need to address it.

The point of my post is that there are questions that atheists and new believers, myself including, have had or do have or that didn't have but came up from others asking those particular questions. I don't find anything wrong with inuring, God wants us to get to know him, correct? If so, that means everything about him, which can mean the difficult things as well, no?

Hope I'm not completely misinterpreting your post, Rumely....

I'm saying that an atheist is deflecting when he brings up that question, not that you were deflecting. You are right in that this question is brought up by atheists as an objection to faith. Certainly it is good to know as much as possible about God, but the trouble is that there is no simple, direct statement in Scripture about the fate of the mentally ill, mentally handicapped, or children. We look at a number of verses and make educated guesses, if you will, on that subject. But, even if there were a verse that said that children under a certain age, for instance, were automatically taken into Heaven, it would be irrelevant. The atheist is not a child or mentally incapacitated. The mere fact that he identifies as an atheist means he has the capability and therefore the responsibility for moral and spiritual decisions, so God's treatment of those who are children or incapacitated has nothing to do with him or what he should do.

Does that clarify my post better? I am not trying to discourage any inquiry into the question, in fact, I will be interested in seeing KingJ's response. Thinking on it, you and I are probably envisioning somewhat different scenarios in which this question may come up, which may be contributing to the confusion.

Absolutely. Sorry, I did not see initially that you were referring to an atheist or myself in reference to the deflecting part. The statement "...this question on the part of an atheist seems to be a deflection.", I would have wrote differently: "The atheist appears to be deflecting with this question." That is where I was thrown off; it's a preference of systematic, not to mention the fact that I have problems understanding the way some people write. Thank you for clarifying. The remainder of your post I understand and agree with completely and I will too be awaiting Kings response.

Hi Life, I see I am wanted here :). Been on a nice Easter holiday as I hope you have too.

First we need to grasp that children belong in heaven.

Matthew 19:13-14 Then children were brought to him that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people, but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”

Note, He clearly says all children belong in heaven. No if's and but's.

2 Samuel 12:22-23 He said, “While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept, for I said, ‘Who knows whether the Lord will be gracious to me, that the child may live?’ But now he is dead. Why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he will not return to me.”

David knew he would see his child in heaven.

Now, why is it that a child automatically belongs in heaven and not adults? A child is simply not mentally ready for 'truly' rejecting God. If God exempts children, surely He would adults, who, in their state of mental illness are on par with children?

We can prove this another route. Namely God is not dumb. He is wise (Rom 16:27). God is not unfair. He is fair (Psalm 25:8-14). If we can deduce the need for juvenile prisons and mental assylums how much more God? It is the simplest trig equation answer to know that God will give an equal and fair opportunity to all, to accept or reject Him. In trigonometry, if we know two sides and the angle, we know the answer. Scripture does not need to give us the exact answers. There are simply too many questions. But it does give us the angle and the two needed sides. The angle is always 'God is good' Psalm 136:1 ;).

This raises another question, namely, if children and mentally ill go straight to heaven, why not kill them? To properly understand why we musn't, (apart from it being murder) we need to grasp the significance of Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Now, why is it that God will place the devil in a bottomless pit / abyss, only to release him onto earth for a last time? God wants to test those on earth. Why does God want to test those humans who are living in the millennium? Because God is fair on everyone! If God put the devil with Adam and Eve, God will put the devil with all of mankind. God is fair and impartial. The trig equation is as easy as pie. Children and mentally handicapped unless they remain as such, will get their day with the devil.

go check these sites.

http://www.y-origins.com/ and http://y-jesus.com/

also read Lee Strobels books on The Case for The Real Jesus Christ and he has others. They are excellent.

Remember, the devil is working just as hard in this world, to confuse, and kill and destroy the message of God. He knows he is going to be destroyed, and wants to take down as many of Gods beloved creation with him and he is doing a fine job.

I often have debates with atheists and there are many more that hate Jesus than love Him. But jesus told us that this would happen.

Matthew 10:22 Jesus says "You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved."

also

2 Timothy 3:1-9
New King James Version (NKJV)

Perilous Times and Perilous Men

3 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; 9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was."

Hope this gives you some encouragement.

I deal with lots of hatred towards me every day for following Jesus. I am called stupid and ignorant. But who cares. I will be in Heaven one day!

Hi Chilli,

I'm so happy to see you stayed on :) I'm even happier for your missions trip. I'm not an atheist or struggling to be one...I think a lot of people read parts of my OP and not the full thing. I don't blame them. When I see a long OP, I usually gloss over the details and get to the main question ;)

I have yet to read those books. Currently I'm working on the Bible and "More than a Carpenter". I suppose I do understand where atheists are coming from time to time with certain questions that appear valid and I wanted, perhaps, better answers to such questions since I'm such a baby Christian.

It is encouraging toe hear that you deal with hatred for being a follower of Christ and I commend you greatly for remaining steadfast. Keep hanging in there. When I'm questioning things or this "Jesus thing" seems too good to be true, I just ask God, "Never let me give up. Never let me loose my faith. Never, ever, ever." So far so good. :)

I really hope these^ get addressed. Thank you all so far for the posts.

Hello. :))

Budha is very fat. He is not an enlightened man for an enlightened man knows how to control. But He is fat. He should’ve grown self control.

And about this. If God gives free will and someone is not allotted that free will because they never heard about Him, why would he send them to hell as some of you believe?***Are you saying that our loving God and Savior would not only have a little child be punished by being forced to stay in a cage her entire life, raped by her dad, never seeing a TV or book, never knowing about God, and then to add insult to injury, Our God would cast her into hell for not accepting Christ when she never knew of Him?

Those who have not heard may have chance to be saved.

Romans 2:14”For when the gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves.

Can I ask something. How do you repost a part of something. Just a part not the whole context when you want to reply to it.Sorry my english is bad.

Copy the first part, for example: quote="Reanne, post: 278921, member: 11570"

With the brackets around it [ ]

Then put what part of the post you prefer and end it with: /quote, with the same brackets around [ ].

Or you can simply cut out the "meaty" part of the text in between the "quotes" without copying and pasting what I said above.

Try it and let me know how it works :)

Read a book Called "This Man is Good News" by Louis Cassels

It was the book that cemented my understanding of Jesus as being Real.

Plus the links i sent to you and Lee Strobels Books.

Trust me, they will help you stay grounded and believing!

They help me all the time! I know exactly what you are feeling and going through. Please go read those links and those books ASAP! Cause it will help. Forget the Atheists. Seriously! Until you have a firmer knowledge and a deeper understanding and relationship with Jesus, rather saty away from atheists. Cause they have confused me, and made me doubt many times.

Remember, Satan is a wise and very devious creature! The Father of Lies. He is very good at confusing us.

Colossians 2:8-10 (New Living Translation)

8 Don't let anyone lead you astray with empty philosophy and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the evil powers of this world, and not from Christ. 9 For in Christ the fullness of God lives in a human body, 10 and you are complete through your union with Christ. He is the Lord over every ruler and authority in the universe.

2 Peter 3: 17-18

17 Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position. 18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

1 Corinthians 16:13 says
13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.

Please stay strong in Jesus and never give in to the atheists. They can be very convincing. Rather stay away from them until you are stronger and have more knowledge!

God bless!

I need yawls help. Love ya'll btw.

My friend told me the other day that when people have divine dreams or things that made them realize their God was real to them, the God appears in the way they know Him. So for example, those who believe in Mohammad have been saved in the name of Mohammed. Same goes for Allah, Buddha, etc. This was probably the most profound thing I have heard from an atheist that actually made me step back and think....

This??

Back