Is Christmas Truly A Christian Celebration?

Do not ever presume to understand me, or anticipate that/those who you have no understanding of.

Firstly, Jesus, well exactly who do you refer to when you mention Jesus? Are you referring to the "I am" who gave out the levitical law? Are you talking about the Emmanuel, whose ministry took place around two thousand years ago? I ask this because Jesus, the Emmanuel, never said not to eat swine.
The old testament forbade the eating of swine But Jesus never did. You will be hard put to cite any gospel record where He did so. Of course I refer only to those gospel records which are considered canon.
in point of fact the inference of Peter's encounter as recorded in Acts Chatper 10 suggests that the eating of swine is now permissable. more on this later

Mhm, So it was not Jesus that forbid the eating of swine? But when has God cleansed them? They still eat rubbish and If we eat them and our body derives nutrients from them and we are what we eat, would you not care that pigs are unclean?

As for knowing or not knowing you, You are a hypocrite because you do the exact same thing. Assuming to know me and what ilk I am from.

Sadly, no matter which way one approaches you and your like, your answer seems to be aggression.

Where is the love and gentleness that you so preach? Has not Moses spoken to the arrogant Pharaoh with kindness and respect? even though said Pharaoh believed himself to be god? Yet I who worship God am treated lowly? Show some gentle kindness, lest you turn people away from the religions of God.

So what about this scripture.
Luke 16:17
And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one tittle of the law to fail.

Semantics, who really knows? Rev.12:9 The great dragon was thrown out, that ancient serpent, also known as the Devil and Satan [the Adversary], the deceiver of the whole world. He was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.

Just so we can have dissension amongst believers?
Where it says fail it means unfulfilled not to be overwritten
Matther 5:17,18 should clear this up for you.

“Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill.18 Truly I say to you that sooner would heaven and earth pass away than for one stroke of a letter to pass away from the Law until all things take place.
Jesus said until all things takes place. Once he died we no longer were bound to mosaic law.

Mhm, So it was not Jesus that forbid the eating of swine? But when has God cleansed them? They still eat rubbish and If we eat them and our body derives nutrients from them and we are what we eat, would you not care that pigs are unclean?
Well how can we tell the difference between pre new covenant pigs and post new covenant pigs. Of course since the Bible is the book of God then it is true.

Where it says fail it means unfulfilled not to be overwritten
Matther 5:17,18 should clear this up for you.

Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill.18 Truly I say to you that sooner would heaven and earth pass away than for one stroke of a letter to pass away from the Law until all things take place.
Jesus said until all things takes place. Once he died we no longer were bound to mosaic law.

Well, for me, I'll strive to follow the entire Word of God, except the sacrificial system. And no, I don't follow the seven festivals, but I want to. Nor do I think they are a stipulation for being redeemed, but still, God outlined them, and I feel they have purpose and blessing behind them.

I may be wrong, I've been wrong before. I am but a mere a man, yet I study the Word, I pray, I believe in YHWH, and that He sent Messiah Jesus, The Son Of God.

I am also fine with other believers and that their beliefs may differ from mine because they are believers in God. Shalom.

Well, for me, I'll strive to follow the entire Word of God, except the sacrificial system. And no, I don't follow the seven festivals, but I want to. Nor do I think they are a stipulation for being redeemed, but still, God outlined them, and I feel they have purpose and blessing behind them.

I may be wrong, I've been wrong before. I am but a mere a man, yet I study the Word, I pray, I believe in YHWH, and that He sent Messiah Jesus, The Son Of God.

I am also fine with other believers and that their beliefs may differ from mine because they are believers in God. Shalom.
Good to hear

It was not Paul alone. Peter also confirmed. As well, the account of Mark 17, Jesus states :
14 After He called the crowd to Him again, He began saying to them, “Listen to Me, all of you, and understand: 15 there is nothing outside the man which can defile him if it goes into him; but the things which proceed out of the man are what defile the man. 16 [If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear.”]

17 When he had left the crowd and entered the house, His disciples questioned Him about the parable. 18 And He *said to them, “Are you so lacking in understanding also? Do you not understand that whatever goes into the man from outside cannot defile him, 19 because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?” (Thus He declared all foods clean.) 20 And He was saying, “That which proceeds out of the man, that is what defiles the man. 21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, 22 deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well asdeceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and foolishness. 23 All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man.”

It was not Paul alone. Peter also confirmed. As well, the account of Mark 17, Jesus states :

Does that include bugs and animals such as cats and dogs? or even human flesh?

and what goes in our stomach doesn't disappear, it gets absorbed from our body and the rest is turned into urine and feces.

And If it were so, is there a reason God has forbidden them when He sent the previous prophets?

I mean why was it forbidden upon the people of Moses? (peace be upon him)

Does that include bugs and animals such as cats and dogs? or even human flesh?

and what goes in our stomach doesn't disappear, it gets absorbed from our body and the rest is turned into urine and feces.

And If it were so, is there a reason God has forbidden them when He sent the previous prophets?

I mean why was it forbidden upon the people of Moses? (peace be upon him)

I do not know what it includes, I'm just responding to your question. Not all that exists is beneficial, nor is all that exists harmful. Prior to Noah, meat was not consumed by man at all. So, should we go on as vegetarians?

Did God forbid it forever and for everyone? That I cannot say. There are some that believe that, and some who do not.

I've heard a few versions of this. One theory suggests that the meat was unsafe and the prohibition served as a form of protection from meat that could not be properly sterilized and cleansed. The second theory states that it prevented the Israelites from communing with the Pagan religions that surrounded them. They were very easily lead astray, and preventing them from sharing a meal served to separate them.

BTW To Calvin who will likely jump out and start saying "Your insulting paul! Your making disunity!" No I'm sincerely asking about paul's origins and the amount of faith being put in his words since Christianity is heavily influenced by him.
Jesus never said not to eat swine. There is no record of Him saying so, not in any gospel accepted as being canonical. You could have found this yourself if you had cared to look. In stead what He did say, is the exact opposite.:::
Matthew 15:11 it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person." In other words it is not the eating of foods that defiles a person it is the speech which originates in the heart that defiles a person. After all we eat foods that grow in dirt, but that does not make us dirt.
So, by your reasoning, if we are what we eat, we are what? a bowl of rice, an apple, a tomato a couple of slices of bread? A salad sandwich?
As for Paul you will be hard pressed to show anywhere he has contradicted Jesus. You might as well try to walk barefoot to the Moon.
As for the amount of faith being put in Paul's words, without faith in Christ Jesus, Paul and Paul's words are nothing. If you have a picture of Christians not having faith in Jesus, but venerating Paul, you are wrong.
Perhaps if you study the following you will begin to understand Paul's place in the scheme of things :::
Act 9:10 Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias. The Lord said to him in a vision, "Ananias." And he said, "Here I am, Lord."
Act 9:11 And the Lord said to him, "Rise and go to the street called Straight, and at the house of Judas look for a man of Tarsus named Saul, for behold, he is praying,
Act 9:12 and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him so that he might regain his sight."
Act 9:13 But Ananias answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem.
Act 9:14 And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on your name."
Act 9:15 But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.
Act 9:16 For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name."
and,
Heb 6:1 Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
Heb 6:2 and of instruction about washings, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.
Heb 6:3 And this we will do if God permits.
The gospels record what is referred to in verses 1 & 2.
Paul's letters were by and large of a pastoral nature., so verse 1 and three speak to this.
Christians do not want to stay as enquirers, but people wanting to grow spiritually, that is why so much time is spent studying Paul's letters.
Paul amplified what Jesus said, he did not contradict. For example, in his letter to Timothy,::::::
1Tim 4:1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,
1Tim4:2 through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared,
1Tim 4:3 who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.
1Tim 4:4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,
1Tim 4:5 for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.
1Tim 4:6 If you put these things before the brothers, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, being trained in the words of the faith and of the good doctrine that you have followed.
And notice that right from the outset, back in Genesis we are taught this truth; that everything God created is good.::::
Gen 1:24 And God said, "Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds—livestock and creeping things and beasts of the earth according to their kinds." And it was so.
Gen 1:25 And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds and the livestock according to their kinds, and everything that creeps on the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
So, to recap, Jesus never ever said don't eat swine.
All things created by God are clean now, and were so from the beginning.
Christians do not set aside what Jesus said in favour of Paul.
What you eat does not defile you only the thoughts of your heart.
In the end times will come evil speakers who will seek to cause the rejecting of what God has provided. (and I don't just mean food for the stomach)

As to why in former times certqain meats were considered ceremonially unclean, the following passage properly studied should anser that question. Eating lamb or beef that is not properly cooked can give us just as many and just as nasty parasites as improperly cooked pork/swine/pig. So that is not the issue here.
Acts 10:9 The next day, as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the housetop about the sixth hour to pray.
Act 10:10 And he became hungry and wanted something to eat, but while they were preparing it, he fell into a trance
Acts 10:11 and saw the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its four corners upon the earth.
Acts 10:12 In it were all kinds of animals and reptiles and birds of the air.
Acts 10:13 And there came a voice to him: "Rise, Peter; kill and eat."
Acts 10:14 But Peter said, "By no means, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean."
Acts 10:15 And the voice came to him again a second time, "What God has made clean, do not call common."
Acts 10:16 This happened three times, and the thing was taken up at once to heaven.
Acts 10:17 Now while Peter was inwardly perplexed as to what the vision that he had seen might mean, behold, the men who were sent by Cornelius, having made inquiry for Simon's house, stood at the gate
Acts 10:18 and called out to ask whether Simon who was called Peter was lodging there.
Acts 10:19 And while Peter was pondering the vision, the Spirit said to him, "Behold, three men are looking for you.
Acts 10:20 Rise and go down and accompany them without hesitation, for I have sent them."
Acts 10:21 And Peter went down to the men and said, "I am the one you are looking for. What is the reason for your coming?"
Acts 10:22 And they said, "Cornelius, a centurion, an upright and God-fearing man, who is well spoken of by the whole Jewish nation, was directed by a holy angel to send for you to come to his house and to hear what you have to say."
Acts 10:23 So he invited them in to be his guests. The next day he rose and went away with them, and some of the brothers from Joppa accompanied him.
Acts 10:24 And on the following day they entered Caesarea. Cornelius was expecting them and had called together his relatives and close friends.
Acts 10:25 When Peter entered, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and worshiped him.
Acts 10:26 But Peter lifted him up, saying, "Stand up; I too am a man."
Acts 10:27 And as he talked with him, he went in and found many persons gathered.
Acts 10:28 And he said to them, "You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a Jew to associate with or to visit anyone of another nation, but God has shown me that I should not call any person common or unclean.
Acts 10:29 So when I was sent for, I came without objection. I ask then why you sent for me."
Acts 10:30 And Cornelius said, "Four days ago, about this hour, I was praying in my house at the ninth hour, and behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing
Acts 10:31 and said, 'Cornelius, your prayer has been heard and your alms have been remembered before God.
Acts 10:32 Send therefore to Joppa and ask for Simon who is called Peter. He is lodging in the house of Simon, a tanner, by the sea.'
Acts 10:33 So I sent for you at once, and you have been kind enough to come. Now therefore we are all here in the presence of God to hear all that you have been commanded by the Lord."
Acts 10:34 So Peter opened his mouth and said: "Truly I understand that God shows no partiality,
Acts 10:35 but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.
A lengthy passage, but hey I didn't write it.
I have underlined those parts which I feel are most pertinent.
Of what possible value would the smörgåsbord sheet have been without the Levitical food laws?
My having unclean and clean, there was a clear division between God's people and those not God's people. But through the death and resurrection of Chist Jesus, the way is now open for all people to come the the Lord God by faith in Jesus. alone.

I don't for a second think Jesus was born on Dec 25 ..

did you ever think that not being able to pinpoint Jesus birthday was a good thing ???
Christmas therefore is NOT his birthday, but a day that was chosen to celibate God coming incarnate to save us

I don't for a second think Jesus was born on Dec 25 ..

did you ever think that not being able to pinpoint Jesus birthday was a good thing ???
Christmas therefore is NOT his birthday, but a day that was chosen to celibate God coming incarnate to save us
tomato tomoto

It is sad that Christmas is attacked each year as being pagan when a few days later millions of dollars are waisted on New Year's eve fireworks and drunken orgies celebrations and they don't even take daylight savings into account so that the 'New Year' is marked out at 11pm not midnight. But that has nothing to do with Christ Jesus, so it slips under Satan's radar completely.
Anything to do with Christ and the gospel is attacked by Satan and his league of supporters..
But why should Christians be surprised?

Back