Is Getting Baptised Needed?

Are miracles, which I think you're talking about, illogical if they are the product of God who IS the author of logic and IS logical?

I am talking about the fleshly mind of man who dares to reject God and His magnificence based on its own over-inflated sense of logic. God doesn't live or work within the parameters of man's logic.

To me, everything God does is logical, because I have His Spirit within me who gives me His discerning and His understanding.

Now we digress! ;)

I agree -- Salvation by GRACE ALONE. But we obtain grace by faith. And with that, faith without works is dead. If one doesn't have faith, does he still have grace?

"The grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men...." Titus 2:11 Grace is offered to all, but not all accept his grace. "For as many as received him to them gave he power to become a son of God" It is one thing to have the power to become a child of God, and it is another to exercise that power, which is faith. You can have grace without faith, but that grace does not do you any good unless you access it by faith. If we think in our minds or hearts that our faith, and works is giving us salvation we are going to have a rude awakening one day. Jesus spoke about those who thought the same thing. They told him Lord did WE not cast out Devils, laid hands on the sick, and did many wonderful things in your name, yet all they did was iniquity, because they thought it was by their faith and works salvation was given.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is brought Gods wisdom into question, just mans ability to understand His wisdom...Is the Cross really "logical" in the system of mans logic? No...God uses foolish things and one must become a fool to be made wise, weak to be made strong! Is that "logical"?

Can you reword this?

To suggest God is illogical is not only too easy because it dismisses reason for God, but is illogical in itself. It would mean that God's perfection is lost, and another thing God is incapable of being is imperfect. God can only, by definition, be unceasingly perfect. God's constant logic, even when defying what we can only understand as materialistically logical, remains logical. Thomas Aquinas wrote about this in Faith and Reason.

Furthermore, because of God's perfection, He is incapable of breaking promises. In fact, it is explicitly stated in Psalm 89:34.
Amen to that.

Are you talking about Hitler? I thought you said you weren't hypothetically speaking he was a Christian, but you weren't saying Hitler was a Christian.

OY VEY.

I was talking about the man put out of the congregation in scripture. Here is your post I am asking about:

That passage was about an unsaved person? oooooh okay. I thought it said something about him being saved on the day of the Lord.

I need a Tylenol.

I thought he had a cigar in that pictures!...you know he smoked cigars?
No he is holding a cane.

spurgeon_chair1.jpg

Back