Is it possible Cain's "wife" was a Neanderthal?

When the children of Seth began to intermarry with the children of Cain, that "multiplication" caused men to seek to do every sin imaginable. That is why God had the destroy humanity.
The "children of God" marrying daughters of men is interesting but havnt studied it to much.

Other than Adam and Eve ive seen no mention of the "rib thing" in scripture. Gen 6:1 does say when men began to multiply so I see where your idea comes from but think it refers to the race not individual men.
nothing is mentioned of 'race'
also nothing about neanderthals - are they a 'race'?

Everything within the bones/DNA of Adam and Eve produced subsequent children but it was Eve who produced two sons at first. Whether Seth and Cain had wives produced out of their ribs Bible doesn't say. But definitely does NOT mention Seth and Cain having sisters and then marrying them.

Daughters of men include Eve, who was technically Adam's daughter, not his sister. (so a daughter of man) Adam was a son of God.

Everything within the bones/DNA of Adam and Eve produced subsequent children but it was Eve who produced two sons at first. Whether Seth and Cain had wives produced out of their ribs Bible doesn't say. But definitely does NOT mention Seth and Cain having sisters and then marrying them.

Daughters of men include Eve, who was technically Adam's daughter, not his sister. (so a daughter of man) Adam was a son of God.
Yes two sons and many more sons and daughters. Cain nor Able had the ability to pull out a rib and make a woman. God did of Adam and that is how it began. As for Neanderthals, the Gap Theory goes a long way in explaining them, dinosaurs and other prehistoric plants and animals long extinct.

As for Neanderthals, the Gap Theory goes a long way in explaining them, dinosaurs and other prehistoric plants and animals long extinct
Neanderthals? Wouldn't that require a reinterpretation of the 6 days of creation. I wouldn't be prepared to succumb to an 'old earth' view. OTOH the Gap Theory may have a bit of merit.

Neanderthals? Wouldn't that require a reinterpretation of the 6 days of creation. I wouldn't be prepared to succumb to an 'old earth' view. OTOH the Gap Theory may have a bit of merit.
Yes it would explain a lot as far as fossils etc. It says the reason it was void and without form was due to some cataclysmic event. Perhaps satans fall. The theory is that God would not have made the earth without form and void because it would have been made perfect like everything else.

Yes it would explain a lot as far as fossils etc. It says the reason it was void and without form was due to some cataclysmic event. Perhaps satans fall. The theory is that God would not have made the earth without form and void because it would have been made perfect like everything else.
The main reason I hold back on it is..because..well, it's a 'theory' and does not rise to the standard of Scripture.

Absolute NONESENSE that seems to have come from the "Blogospheres of Star Trek".

I Have become weary and impatient with these opinions based in NO facts but only someone's mind.
I am not trying to be mean or confrontational in any way, but lots of people who do not know the higher things of education read what we post and I do not want them to be influenced.

Fact:
Source, New Your Post....https://nypost.com/2018/11/24/turns-out-all-of-humanity-is-related-to-a-single-couple/

A new DNA study has revealed that all humans are descendants of the same man and woman thousands of years ago.

It was just said .........
"nothing is mentioned of 'race'
also nothing about neanderthals - are they a 'race'?"

Fact:
The Bible does not define race, because it is a human innovation. Humans have the ability to bring both good and bad things into existence. Race versus Ethnicity To be clear, race and ethnicity are not the same. Ethnicity is about shared culture, language, nationality, history, etc. The Bible has plenty to say about ethnicity, but not race.

It was stated...........
" Whether Seth and Cain had wives produced out of their ribs Bible doesn't say. But definitely does NOT mention Seth and Cain having sisters and then marrying them."

All human life after Adam and Eve was produced by "Sexual Intercourse"! There is NO SUCH thing in existence as wives being produced from ribs of Seth and Cain! No matter how we think or what our opinions are, Looking all the way back to the beginning of our fallen human life on earth, we must conclude that we fallen human beings began our descent by means of incest. That is whay God gave humans a brain to work things out and did not do that for animals.

It was stated...........
"Daughters of men include Eve, who was technically Adam's daughter, not his sister. (so a daughter of man) Adam was a son of God."

This sounds like it came from Antonine Levys Bible.

NONESENSE and NON-Biblical! Eve was Adams wife made from him, NOT his daughter! NO where in the Bible is there a suggestion that Eve was Adams daughter.

When men or man is used in scripture, and by the world as a whole until the PC nonsense, its refers to all men everywhere. Or the race of man. Yes women too until the wombats decided it was insensitive. In fact some new "bibles" have changed it to "people" as to not offend the ladies.

When men or man is used in scripture, and by the world as a whole until the PC nonsense, its refers to all men everywhere. Or the race of man. Yes women too until the wombats decided it was insensitive. In fact some new "bibles" have changed it to "people" as to not offend the ladies.

Agreed.

Yes two sons and many more sons and daughters. Cain nor Able had the ability to pull out a rib and make a woman. God did of Adam and that is how it began. As for Neanderthals, the Gap Theory goes a long way in explaining them, dinosaurs and other prehistoric plants and animals long extinct.
you misreading the Bible.
Adam did not pull out a rib from himself. Adam did not make a woman.

GOD did it.
Nothing is impossible for God, so, He could have done the same for Cain and Seth. Abel died without marrying.

you misreading the Bible.
Adam did not pull out a rib from himself. Adam did not make a woman.

GOD did it.
Nothing is impossible for God, so, He could have done the same for Cain and Seth. Abel died without marrying.
Yes. God did it. As I said God did of Adam. Show me in scripture where it was done for anyone else.

Proverbs 15:1
A SOFT ANSWER TURNETH AWAY WRATH: BUT GRIEVIOUS WORDS STIR UP ANGER.

Gen 1:23-29 ( context)
26. And God said,Let us make man in our image,after our likeness; and let THEM have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air,and over the cattle,and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27. So God created man in his own image,in the image of God created he him; MALE and FEMALE created he THEM.
28. And God blessed THEM, and God said unto THEM, Be FRUITFUL,AND MULTIPLY, AND REPLINISH ( fill something up again,to RESTORE to a FORMER level or condition) THE EARTH and subdue it:...................................................

I put forth to you that possibly the earth is older than what Moses wrote of. That possibly the ages of dinosaurs and other life forms pre-existed Adam.
In the above God made male and female and told THEM to REPLENISH the earth.
That term means to restore what was former. How do we truly KNOW there is not a partial account from Moses?
How do we know there was NOT a creation outside the Garden of Eden. God could have made man as he made the animals by speaking them into resistance, do YOU really know?

I believe God crafted man by his own hands in a loving fashion and placed him in the garden to be a spiritual son to him. Someone he could talk and walk with. Adam was formed fully grown,and he could find no companion in the garden for himself.
God caused a deep sleep and performed surgery on Adam by taking from him a rib. Then he just as lovingly made Eve from that rib. Every beautiful loving thought went into making Adam a companion.

They both were in the garden and had daily communion with the Father. No where does it state they had access to the earth, only the garden.

Before YOU jump on this with claws extended and teeth barred ( this is NOT salvic), read the word, think before you speak and PRAY !

Thanks,interesting.
I can freely admit w/o opposing God or his word state that we only have a partial account of all that is God. I don't know that we could handle it but with the tree of life or immortality being in his safe keeping, we live by FAITH.

Back