Is it possible Cain's "wife" was a Neanderthal?

I don't know that we could handle it but with the tree of life or immortality being in his safe keeping, we live by FAITH.
Reminds me of...

1 Peter 1:4 (KJV) To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

Colossians 3:3 (KJV) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

When the Bible says there were giants in those days, was it just meaning giant humans, or, just giant creatures in general eg dinosaurs etc.

🤔

Absolute NONESENSE that seems to have come from the "Blogospheres of Star Trek".

I Have become weary and impatient with these opinions based in NO facts but only someone's mind.
I am not trying to be mean or confrontational in any way, but lots of people who do not know the higher things of education read what we post and I do not want them to be influenced.

Fact:
Source, New Your Post....https://nypost.com/2018/11/24/turns-out-all-of-humanity-is-related-to-a-single-couple/

A new DNA study has revealed that all humans are descendants of the same man and woman thousands of years ago.

It was just said .........
"nothing is mentioned of 'race'
also nothing about neanderthals - are they a 'race'?"

Fact:
The Bible does not define race, because it is a human innovation. Humans have the ability to bring both good and bad things into existence. Race versus Ethnicity To be clear, race and ethnicity are not the same. Ethnicity is about shared culture, language, nationality, history, etc. The Bible has plenty to say about ethnicity, but not race.

It was stated...........
" Whether Seth and Cain had wives produced out of their ribs Bible doesn't say. But definitely does NOT mention Seth and Cain having sisters and then marrying them."

All human life after Adam and Eve was produced by "Sexual Intercourse"! There is NO SUCH thing in existence as wives being produced from ribs of Seth and Cain! No matter how we think or what our opinions are, Looking all the way back to the beginning of our fallen human life on earth, we must conclude that we fallen human beings began our descent by means of incest. That is whay God gave humans a brain to work things out and did not do that for animals.

It was stated...........
"Daughters of men include Eve, who was technically Adam's daughter, not his sister. (so a daughter of man) Adam was a son of God."

This sounds like it came from Antonine Levys Bible.

NONESENSE and NON-Biblical! Eve was Adams wife made from him, NOT his daughter! NO where in the Bible is there a suggestion that Eve was Adams daughter.
To go further with this point, every hominid that has been found has proven not to be related to humans. Including Neanderthal, which I mentioned in my OP. As for race we are all 1 race (HUMAN).

To go further with this point, every hominid that has been found has proven not to be related to humans. Including Neanderthal, which I mentioned in my OP. As for race we are all 1 race (HUMAN).
Does that mean Jesus became the last Neanderthal and died for them as well?

1 Corinthians 15:45 CSB
[45] So it is written, The first man Adam became a living being; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

you misreading the Bible.
Adam did not pull out a rib from himself. Adam did not make a woman.

GOD did it.
Nothing is impossible for God, so, He could have done the same for Cain and Seth. Abel died without marrying.

NO! YOU misread "hopefuls" post as he said..........
"Cain nor Able had the ability to pull out a rib and make a woman. God did of Adam and that is how it began".

Thanks,interesting.
I can freely admit w/o opposing God or his word state that we only have a partial account of all that is God. I don't know that we could handle it but with the tree of life or immortality being in his safe keeping, we live by FAITH.

Very true sister!

Deut. 29:29...........
"The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law."

[45] So it is written, The first man Adam became a living being; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

Good question. A better one is......Do we deny the existence of the fossilized skeletons on those individuals?

Could they be the sons and daughters of Adam who lived before the global flood. ?

Good question. A better one is......Do we deny the existence of the fossilized skeletons on those individuals?

Could they be the sons and daughters of Adam who lived before the global flood. ?
I’d rather go with God’s Word despite them thar shaky bones.

I haven't studied the gap theory but I do believe ancient civilizations have been found and fossils that speak of what we DO NOT know.

Now we all need to think this through as you have an excellant post.

How do we reconcile the fossils of animals that are millions of years old with the genology of the Bible which at best can only give us about 10,000 years of history.

That is what the "GAP" theory tries to do.

To reconcile the problem we actually only have three choices.

There is a GAP between Genesis 1:1 and verse #3 of an undetermined amount of time. Hundreds of millions of years or more.

There was an antediluvian Creation before Genesis 1 which was destroyed by God in a flood.
Genesis 1:1-3........
"Genesis 1:1–3 — The New King James Version (NKJV) 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters."

The point being, before God began the Creation process, there was already WATER on the earth. Where did the water come from????

Adam and Eve and Cain and Able, Seth, Abraham, Enoch, Methuselah, Enos, and all the others lived along side of the dinosaurs and Noah just did not bring any onto the Ark.

The problem with that theory is that the archeological record separates the two by about 65 million years.

I’d rather go with God’s Word despite them thar shaky bones.
I am not sure that is going to fly. I accept it and have no problem with it, but do you think everyone will who is not saved?

It is something that has to be considered. Now did Jesus die for the Neanderthals?

If the people in question are human, Is there anyone who Jesus did not die for???

Last edited:

I fail to understand where this question is coming from, I have clearly stated that Neanderthals are not human. Jesus was fully GOD and fully HUMAN. You may as well be suggesting that He died for pigs and goats. Please clarify this for me.

The "children of God" marrying daughters of men is interesting but havnt studied it to much.

I have. Do not be deceived by those who want angels and alians to be involved.

The "Sons of God" in Genesis 6:2 were human MEN of the line of Seth.
The "Daughters of men" were the humans of the line of Cain.

The intermarriage brought depravity and it was so bad that God destroyed the earth in the flood.

"Mighty Men" (Genesis 6:1-4) = Men with a name/famous/well known.
"Giants"..............................................= Princes, royalty.

Demons or fallen angels are NOT INVOLVED!

Proverbs 15:1
A SOFT ANSWER TURNETH AWAY WRATH: BUT GRIEVIOUS WORDS STIR UP ANGER.

Gen 1:23-29 ( context)
26. And God said,Let us make man in our image,after our likeness; and let THEM have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air,and over the cattle,and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27. So God created man in his own image,in the image of God created he him; MALE and FEMALE created he THEM.
28. And God blessed THEM, and God said unto THEM, Be FRUITFUL,AND MULTIPLY, AND REPLINISH ( fill something up again,to RESTORE to a FORMER level or condition) THE EARTH and subdue it:...................................................

I put forth to you that possibly the earth is older than what Moses wrote of. That possibly the ages of dinosaurs and other life forms pre-existed Adam.
In the above God made male and female and told THEM to REPLENISH the earth.
That term means to restore what was former. How do we truly KNOW there is not a partial account from Moses?
How do we know there was NOT a creation outside the Garden of Eden. God could have made man as he made the animals by speaking them into resistance, do YOU really know?

I believe God crafted man by his own hands in a loving fashion and placed him in the garden to be a spiritual son to him. Someone he could talk and walk with. Adam was formed fully grown,and he could find no companion in the garden for himself.
God caused a deep sleep and performed surgery on Adam by taking from him a rib. Then he just as lovingly made Eve from that rib. Every beautiful loving thought went into making Adam a companion.

They both were in the garden and had daily communion with the Father. No where does it state they had access to the earth, only the garden.

Before YOU jump on this with claws extended and teeth barred ( this is NOT salvic), read the word, think before you speak and PRAY !

My teeth are on my table.

I am actually in agreement with you. I am one who believe that the earth is very, very old.

I am just an old country boy from N.A. and I do not have the answers on this. However, I do realize that a fossil that is 100 million years old pre-dates the account Moses gave us.

So there is a question there which has to have an answer better than......."I believe what God said"!

I have explained this before, as I have a University 2 miles from the church and those kids have to have a better answer to get to the reason why they should accept Christ.

1 Peter 3:15...........
But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,

It is also possible that the creation "days" were ages instead. The word Yom, translated most often as day can also mean a finite period of time. A good example of this is that God told Adam that he would die in the same day as he ate the forbidden fruit, yet Adam was 930 years old when he died, clearly showing a finite period of time not 24 hrs.

It is also possible that the creation "days" were ages instead. The word Yom, translated most often as day can also mean a finite period of time. A good example of this is that God told Adam that he would die in the same day as he ate the forbidden fruit, yet Adam was 930 years old when he died, clearly showing a finite period of time not 24 hrs.

I agree, but, Adam did die the moment he ate the fruit. He died "spiritually" even though he lived another 930 years.

We must remember that Ultimately, one can hold to views other than young earth creationism and still have an accurate understanding of the core doctrines of the Christian faith.

Personally, when I read the Bible, it indicates that the earth is relatively young.
However, according to secular and Christian scientists and archeologists and geologists, the earth is very old.
Since neither viewpoint can be explicitly proved, I would say that this is one of those thoughts that will not be found out till we get to heaven.

I agree, but, Adam did die the moment he ate the fruit. He died "spiritually" even though he lived another 930 years.

We must remember that Ultimately, one can hold to views other than young earth creationism and still have an accurate understanding of the core doctrines of the Christian faith.

Personally, when I read the Bible, it indicates that the earth is relatively young.
However, according to secular and Christian scientists and archeologists and geologists, the earth is very old.
Since neither viewpoint can be explicitly proved, I would say that this is one of those thoughts that will not be found out till we get t
Agreed.

I am not sure that is going to fly. I accept it and have no problem with it, but do you think everyone will who is not saved?

It is something that has to be considered. Now did Jesus die for the Neanderthals?

If the people in question are human, Is there anyone who Jesus did not die for???
I didn't realize unbelievers determined the truth about Neanderthals.
Or are you saying 'everyone who is not saved is a Neanderthal? If that is the case then we all have evolved at one time or another.

I fail to understand where this question is coming from, I have clearly stated that Neanderthals are not human. Jesus was fully GOD and fully HUMAN. You may as well be suggesting that He died for pigs and goats. Please clarify this for me.
If Cain's wife was a Neanderthal, that means the progeny were 1/2 Neanderthals. Did Christ die for all including 1/2 humans?
It was only a question...albeit a moot question if all the descendants of Cain perished in the Flood, which would make this thread rather moot...IMHO.

I have. Do not be deceived by those who want angels and alians to be involved.

The "Sons of God" in Genesis 6:2 were human MEN of the line of Seth.
The "Daughters of men" were the humans of the line of Cain.

The intermarriage brought depravity and it was so bad that God destroyed the earth in the flood.

"Mighty Men" (Genesis 6:1-4) = Men with a name/famous/well known.
"Giants"..............................................= Princes, royalty.

Demons or fallen angels are NOT INVOLVED!
That is one theory. There are a few.

Last edited:
Back