Is it possible Cain's "wife" was a Neanderthal?

how can we tell anyone lived 500,000 years ago? Was anyone there?

Well.....I am pretty old!

1st thing I would say is "Archeology". Unearthed skulls and skeletons. Knives and weapons and pottery.

Then I would say that we would have to completly discount all science.
Source: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/...

I guess that all the science could be wrong.
I guess that we can pretend that there are no skeletons found.

But if we discount science, then we would also have to discount that scientific research has revealed that all humans alive today are descendants of one man and one woman who lived at the same time.
Source: .....

Not a real question because when it comes to God's Word it is pure speculation.
I'll bow out of this Neanderthal topic due to it's inherent speculative nature compared to God's Word.
I was only trying to understand your position. I am sorry if you felt otherwise, that was never my intent.

Not a real question because when it comes to God's Word it is pure speculation.
I'll bow out of this Neanderthal topic due to it's inherent speculative nature compared to God's Word.

But...But my dear brother...........if we say that Old Test. believers were saved due to their faith is Christ before He died for them, how do we then say that someone who lived before them did not also.

The truth is......we do not know because God did not tell us!

But it always comes back to the same problem.......How do we explain them dad gummed bones of animals that are so very old????

If those dinosaurs lived with humans 6000 years ago, why is there absolutely NO mention of any of them in the Bible?

Sorry 'bout that, Festus spelt his name 'Haggen'. lol
There is some confusion on how Festus's last name is spelled. While "Haggen' appears to be the most-widely used spelling outside of the show, episode 562 was titled "Alias Festus Haggin." It also appears on at least one occasion spelled "Haggin" (on the side of a wagon).

You are talking to a trivia master!

With out looking it up.........Who was the 1st baseball player to sign a $100,000.00 Contract???

well, its a shame that Cains wife wasn't named as then we might know more about her
I wonder if she found out later that Cain killed his brother, or maybe he didn't tell her or made up some sob story.

She probably wondered why he wasn't speaking to his parents either.

well, its a shame that Cains wife wasn't named as then we might know more about her
I wonder if she found out later that Cain killed his brother, or maybe he didn't tell her or made up some sob story.

She probably wondered why he wasn't speaking to his parents either.

Love the simplicity, Lanolin.
Keep it in context and simple for that is how God wants it.

Well.....I am pretty old!

1st thing I would say is "Archeology". Unearthed skulls and skeletons. Knives and weapons and pottery.

Then I would say that we would have to completly discount all science.
Source: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/...

I guess that all the science could be wrong.
I guess that we can pretend that there are no skeletons found.

But if we discount science, then we would also have to discount that scientific research has revealed that all humans alive today are descendants of one man and one woman who lived at the same time.
Source: .....
The problem is. Science can only tell based on what we know today. We have to ASSUME things happened 500,000 years ago in the same way it happens today.

Science based on assumptions, is not really science is it not? We can make a hypotheses based on an assumption. But I always thought science was based on more fact..

Now lets take a global catastrophic flood. Add this to the mix.

What was life like before the flood?

What changed about the earth as a result of the flood

What was the atmosphere and climate like before the flood?

Carbon dating assumes things are as they are since the beginning. If things were nit the same. Carbon dating is nullified (at least before the change occurred to match what we see today)

I remember when I was a teen, and first heard of the "GAP" theory. I was excited. Finally we can explain science in a way that does not contradict and the bible is still seen as truth, because science and the bible can coexist,

about 10 years ago. I started to study the flood. Its affect and what it has done. I have since changed my view from an OEC to a Young Earth. I know believe most science questions can be answered by a global catastrophic flood which occurred in Noah's day.

Interesting, as you mention DNA can be traced back. I read somewhere where the Male DNA trace goes back much further than the female DNA. Many think that the male DNA is adam. And the mother (female) DNA is Noah's wife. as she was the mother of the post flood world.

But...But my dear brother...........if we say that Old Test. believers were saved due to their faith is Christ before He died for them, how do we then say that someone who lived before them did not also.

The truth is......we do not know because God did not tell us!

But it always comes back to the same problem.......How do we explain them dad gummed bones of animals that are so very old????

If those dinosaurs lived with humans 6000 years ago, why is there absolutely NO mention of any of them in the Bible?
Ever heard of the behemoth and the leviathan?

Ever heard of the behemoth and the leviathan?

Yes sir.
le·vi·a·than
[ləˈvīəTHən]NOUN
  1. (in biblical use) a sea monster, identified in different passages with the whale and the crocodile (e.g. Job 41, Ps. 74:14),
Job 3:8
“Can you pull on leviathan with a fishhook?”

We all must allow the Bible to speak to us without preconceived agendas. Saying that- when I read that Scripture it does not say dinosaur to me. IF - IF I was "looking" for it, then I could make it say dinosaur.

To me, it says that it may be a reference to an actual huge sea creature such as the whale.

It should be noted that those two words are found in Job and the Book of Job pre-dated the Genesis account. That being the case, it then gives more accountability to a pre-Adamic creation that was destroyed by God.

The problem is. Science can only tell based on what we know today. We have to ASSUME things happened 500,000 years ago in the same way it happens today.

Science based on assumptions, is not really science is it not? We can make a hypotheses based on an assumption. But I always thought science was based on more fact..

Now lets take a global catastrophic flood. Add this to the mix.

What was life like before the flood?

What changed about the earth as a result of the flood

What was the atmosphere and climate like before the flood?

Carbon dating assumes things are as they are since the beginning. If things were nit the same. Carbon dating is nullified (at least before the change occurred to match what we see today)

I remember when I was a teen, and first heard of the "GAP" theory. I was excited. Finally we can explain science in a way that does not contradict and the bible is still seen as truth, because science and the bible can coexist,

about 10 years ago. I started to study the flood. Its affect and what it has done. I have since changed my view from an OEC to a Young Earth. I know believe most science questions can be answered by a global catastrophic flood which occurred in Noah's day.

Interesting, as you mention DNA can be traced back. I read somewhere where the Male DNA trace goes back much further than the female DNA. Many think that the male DNA is adam. And the mother (female) DNA is Noah's wife. as she was the mother of the post flood world.

I do not know so I had to do some homework.

Using your thought that what happens today must have been applied to what has happened then ....
" a global flood similar to the biblical one were to occur (40 days and 40 nights of rain, with widespread flooding over all the lands, etc), it would have no effect whatsoever on the dynamics of the Carbon geochronological clock. There would be no adjustments required. No carbon would have been added or removed from the carbon cycle, the isotopic ratio of atmospheric carbon would be unaffected, as would be that of land plants or marine organisms.
Source:
Source: https://www.quora.com/If-the-global...they?msclkid=2c9062c8d13711ec8aa1dbb75751733b

Firstly, it would only matter to things older than the date of the flood. So if the flood happened at, say 3000BCE, then anything younger than 3000 BCE is not altered by it. If a flood could alter measured dates, we’d expect to see a whole cluster of dates where they’ve been altered to- and a gap where the dates were moved from. And that would be the same time worldwide.

Secondly, there are many other forms of dating, apart from carbon dating. There are other forms of radiometric and isotope dating. There are ice cores. There are tree rings. There are sediment logs- such as Varve - Wikipedia, many of which show annual layers If there was a global flood, we need to explain how it doesn’t show up in these records.

Thirdly, Carbon 14 dates can be altered by contamination, but it is much easier to make them look younger than actual fact, not older. For example, someone Carbon dated dinosaur bones, and got a date of about 25,000 years old- because of the varnish applied to hold the surface together.

Yes sir.
le·vi·a·than
[ləˈvīəTHən]NOUN
  1. (in biblical use) a sea monster, identified in different passages with the whale and the crocodile (e.g. Job 41, Ps. 74:14),

We all must allow the Bible to speak to us without preconceived agendas. Saying that- when I read that Scripture it does not say dinosaur to me. IF - IF I was "looking" for it, then I could make it say dinosaur.

To me, it says that it may be a reference to an actual huge sea creature such as the whale.

It should be noted that those two words are found in Job and the Book of Job pre-dated the Genesis account. That being the case, it then gives more accountability to a pre-Adamic creation that was destroyed by God.
Behemoth refers to any large bodied, 4 legged animal. Dinosaur bones were not discovered until the 1800s, it is unlikely that God would mention them to Job as he would not have had any idea what a dinosaur was.

Yes sir.
le·vi·a·than
[ləˈvīəTHən]NOUN

Behemoth

Can you tell me what you think that is?

15 “Look now at the behemoth, which I made along with you;
He eats grass like an ox.
16 See now, his strength is in his hips,
And his power is in his stomach muscles.
17 He moves his tail like a cedar;
The sinews of his thighs are tightly knit.
18 His bones are like beams of bronze,
His ribs like bars of iron.
19 He is the first of the ways of God;
Only He who made him can bring near His sword.

what creature is it that is so powerful only God himself can come against him, and is "first" in the ways of God (above all others)

His tail like a cedar. Have you ever seen a lebonon cedar tree? A tall human is like an ant next to it

Behemoth

Can you tell me what you think that is?

15 “Look now at the behemoth, which I made along with you;
He eats grass like an ox.
16 See now, his strength is in his hips,
And his power is in his stomach muscles.
17 He moves his tail like a cedar;
The sinews of his thighs are tightly knit.
18 His bones are like beams of bronze,
His ribs like bars of iron.
19 He is the first of the ways of God;
Only He who made him can bring near His sword.

what creature is it that is so powerful only God himself can come against him, and is "first" in the ways of God (above all others)

His tail like a cedar. Have you ever seen a lebonon cedar tree? A tall human is like an ant next to it
The word translated as tail can also be translated as end or rump, there is an animal that fits this description. It is an herbivore and spends much of its time in the water. It is very territorial, when it shakes its rump (hips) it displaces the water and has capsized boats. It is the #1 deadly animal to man. Its is the hippopotamus.

Back