Is it possible Cain's "wife" was a Neanderthal?

I'm still a Christian, even though some have given Christians a bad name. It doesn't negate the fact that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour

Though I personally kind of prefer the word believer.

I haven't given much thought to neanderthals really. I do think that if Cain had a wife, she was also human.

Back in the day, it was said there were giants, but again I don't know if this just referred to humans or creatures in general. Maybe everyone was taller and bigger in those days.

I haven't given much thought to neanderthals really. I do think that if Cain had a wife, she was also human.

Back in the day, it was said there were giants, but again I don't know if this just referred to humans or creatures in general. Maybe everyone was taller and bigger in those days.

"Giants" in Genesis 6 = "Mighty or Fallen Princes" in the original Hebrew.

There is NO thinking. The Bible says........"Cain went to the land of Nod and there he knew his WIFE".

So evening and the morning are not part of the genesis account?

You argued that Moses did not intend a 24 hour period..

Not so brother. I have not "Argued" at all.

I have suggested simple that we might want to consider that there was a creation before the Moses account in Genesis and then when Genesis account opens, it is a 24 hour 7 day event just as you believe.

That, or either the "GAP" theory between Genesis 1:1 and 3 should or could be considered.

The controversy between the two views of creationism hinges on the meaning of the Hebrew word yom, meaning “day.” Young earth creationists insist that the meaning of the word yom in the context of Gen.1:2 is a 24-hour period of time. Old earth creationists disagree and believe that the word yom is being used to denote a much longer duration of time. Old earth creationists have used numerous biblical arguments to defend their view including the following:

1) Yom is used elsewhere in the Bible where it is referring to a long period of time, particularly Psalm 90:4, which is later cited by the apostle Peter: “A day (yom) is like a thousand years” (2 Peter 3:8)
webicon_green.png

2) The seventh “day” is thousands of years long. Genesis 2:2-3 states that God rested on the seventh “day” (yom). Scripture teaches that we are certainly still in the seventh day; therefore, the word “day” could also be referring to a long period of time with reference to days one through six.

3) The word “day” in Genesis 1–2 is longer than 24 hours. Genesis 2:4 reads, “This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created in the day that the LORD God made earth and heaven” (NASB). In this verse, “day” is referring to the first six days as a whole and thus has a more flexible meaning than merely a 24-hour period.

4) The sixth “day” is probably longer than 24 hours. Genesis 2:19 tells us that Adam observed and then catalogued every living animal on the earth. At face value, logically, it does not appear that Adam could have completed such a monumental task in a mere 24-hour period.

Not so brother. I have not "Argued" at all.

I have suggested simple that we might want to consider that there was a creation before the Moses account in Genesis and then when Genesis account opens, it is a 24 hour 7 day event just as you believe.

That, or either the "GAP" theory between Genesis 1:1 and 3 should or could be considered.

The controversy between the two views of creationism hinges on the meaning of the Hebrew word yom, meaning “day.” Young earth creationists insist that the meaning of the word yom in the context of Gen.1:2 is a 24-hour period of time. Old earth creationists disagree and believe that the word yom is being used to denote a much longer duration of time. Old earth creationists have used numerous biblical arguments to defend their view including the following:

1) Yom is used elsewhere in the Bible where it is referring to a long period of time, particularly Psalm 90:4, which is later cited by the apostle Peter: “A day (yom) is like a thousand years” (2 Peter 3:8)
webicon_green.png

2) The seventh “day” is thousands of years long. Genesis 2:2-3 states that God rested on the seventh “day” (yom). Scripture teaches that we are certainly still in the seventh day; therefore, the word “day” could also be referring to a long period of time with reference to days one through six.

3) The word “day” in Genesis 1–2 is longer than 24 hours. Genesis 2:4 reads, “This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created in the day that the LORD God made earth and heaven” (NASB). In this verse, “day” is referring to the first six days as a whole and thus has a more flexible meaning than merely a 24-hour period.

4) The sixth “day” is probably longer than 24 hours. Genesis 2:19 tells us that Adam observed and then catalogued every living animal on the earth. At face value, logically, it does not appear that Adam could have completed such a monumental task in a mere 24-hour period.
pretty sure we have been through this

We agree. YOM can mean different things.

The part that old earth can not get past is the evening and the morning being a day.

Once again, If you are saying the yom is 1000 years. You are claiming 1000 years of evenings and morning = 1 day.

It does not work,

pretty sure we have been through this

We agree. YOM can mean different things.

The part that old earth can not get past is the evening and the morning being a day.

Once again, If you are saying the yom is 1000 years. You are claiming 1000 years of evenings and morning = 1 day.

It does not work,
The evening and morning can also mean a beginning and an ending. If we say someone is in the evening of their life we are not talking about one day but rather their old age. We say back in my day but are not referring to a particular day but a period of time. Just saying it doesn't have to have a literal meaning every time.

The evening and morning can also mean a beginning and an ending. If we say someone is in the evening of their life we are not talking about one day but rather their old age. We say back in my day but are not referring to a particular day but a period of time. Just saying it doesn't have to have a literal meaning every time.
Never heard the evening of anyone's life.

I take the literal interpretation of the word when it comes to details. Moses is given us details either handed down to him through Noah or inspired directly from God, of the creation account.

I think if God wanted us to think of these days in terms of years or centuries he would have told us. Not use terms like evening and morning

We also have the account of the law. Where God said he rested on day 7, and institutued the sabbath rest on the 7th day (Yom) as a sabbath day.

ex 20: 8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Here we have to witnesses of moses

1. Moses wrote down the creation account, 6 days, on the 7th day God rested
2. Moses, in the law. tells us God worked for 6 days, and rested the 7th, hence we are to work only 6 days, but on the 7th day we are to rest.

Then you have evening and morning.

there is just far to much to look at for me to continue to believe as I did.

Never heard the evening of anyone's life.

I take the literal interpretation of the word when it comes to details. Moses is given us details either handed down to him through Noah or inspired directly from God, of the creation account.

I think if God wanted us to think of these days in terms of years or centuries he would have told us. Not use terms like evening and morning

We also have the account of the law. Where God said he rested on day 7, and institutued the sabbath rest on the 7th day (Yom) as a sabbath day.

ex 20: 8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Here we have to witnesses of moses

1. Moses wrote down the creation account, 6 days, on the 7th day God rested
2. Moses, in the law. tells us God worked for 6 days, and rested the 7th, hence we are to work only 6 days, but on the 7th day we are to rest.

Then you have evening and morning.

there is just far to much to look at for me to continue to believe as I did.
Moses' knowledge of the origins of the world could have been passed to him through a process of oral history from Adam to Moses so
then that means the story was repeated and passed down through generations.

second answer comes from the writings of the first century Jewish historian, Josephus. He claims that Methuselah was an ancient historian of his day, who recorded the history of the world (as told by Adam) on stone obelisks. These obelisks were carried by Noah onto the ark, and after the ark came to rest, Noah deposited the stone tablets in Arabia.

Moses' knowledge of the origins of the world could have been passed to him through a process of oral history from Adam to Moses so
then that means the story was repeated and passed down through generations.

second answer comes from the writings of the first century Jewish historian, Josephus. He claims that Methuselah was an ancient historian of his day, who recorded the history of the world (as told by Adam) on stone obelisks. These obelisks were carried by Noah onto the ark, and after the ark came to rest, Noah deposited the stone tablets in Arabia.
Remember this one fact.

All scripture is God breathed..

That includes genesis.. While many believe moses did write what was handed down to him. We can rest assured wat he wrote was god breathed no matter what.

Science has determined that Humans and Neanderthal are different species, however, there is the possibility that inter breeding (although rare) did happen.

Hello Dave F.;

After reading 8 pages of this topic, I took a step back and honed back in on neanderthals, and no doubt Adam and Eve, their children and their offspring were created fully human. I don't find anything in Scripture that may suggest a neanderthal, caveman or some lower human/ape existed prior to the first humans and/or bred with them.

The theories/possibilities/debates entertain me but I would really be interested in watching an interview with a neanderthal DNA, if any exist.

God bless
you, Dave F., and your family.

Hello Dave F.;

After reading 8 pages of this topic, I took a step back and honed back in on neanderthals, and no doubt Adam and Eve, their children and their offspring were created fully human. I don't find anything in Scripture that may suggest a neanderthal, caveman or some lower human/ape existed prior to the first humans and/or bred with them.

The theories/possibilities/debates entertain me but I would really be interested in watching an interview with a neanderthal DNA, if any exist.

God bless
you, Dave F., and your family.
I read WHO WAS ADAM, in it the author sites studies that 1) show that none of the bipedal hominids found can be traced to humans and 2) They have found Neanderthal DNA and there is a possibility that they inter bred with humans ( although rare). So when I was asked, I was not properly prepared to give a response. I do believe he was just stalling, he has moved and I don't his contact info. This turned into a much larger discussion than I thought it would. It is good that we can have such conversations and still have love and respect for each other.

I read WHO WAS ADAM, in it the author sites studies that 1) show that none of the bipedal hominids found can be traced to humans and 2) They have found Neanderthal DNA and there is a possibility that they inter bred with humans ( although rare). So when I was asked, I was not properly prepared to give a response. I do believe he was just stalling, he has moved and I don't his contact info. This turned into a much larger discussion than I thought it would. It is good that we can have such conversations and still have love and respect for each other.

Hello Dave F.;

I attempt to respect the author in my tone of any thread here at CFS. Thank you for the manner you carried during this entire discussion. What you wrote at the end in your post (I blue-lighted) ministers to me.

God bless you, brother and your family.

NO Dave.

Cains wife was either his sister or his niece.

Adam and Eve had many children after Cain and Abel.

The fact that Cain was scared for his own life after he killed Abel indicates that there were many other children and perhaps even grandchildren of Adam and Eve already living at that time.
Cain’s wife was a daughter or granddaughter of Adam and Eve.

The reason that incest today often results in genetic abnormalities is that when two people of similar genetics (i.e., a brother and sister) have children together, there is a high risk of their recessive characteristics becoming dominant. When people from different families have children, it is highly unlikely that both parents will carry the same recessive traits. The human genetic code has become increasingly “polluted” over the centuries as genetic defects are multiplied, amplified, and passed down from generation to generation. Adam and Eve did not have any genetic defects, and that enabled them and the first few generations of their descendants to have a far greater quality of health than we do now. Adam and Eve’s children had few, if any, genetic defects. As a result, it was safe for them to intermarry.

If not, that would open the door to Evolution.
Think easiest answer is his sister, was before the incest taboo in the Law of Moses!

There really was no such thing as a neanderthal humans, as were pretty much normal homo sapiens who had "evolved" to be more rugged and stouter in a harsher climate!

There really was no such thing as a neanderthal humans, as were pretty much normal homo sapiens who had "evolved" to be more rugged and stouter in a harsher climate!
I think it better to say adapted instead of evolved. The book says that (what scientists call) Neanderthals are not related to humans but are in fact a different species of hominid, they are not related to chimpanzees either as many scientists seem to want to suggest that humans were related to both, however, the studies show just the opposite. There is no correlation and there is no missing link.

Back