Is it possible to be cursed by God( I ask this in complete seriousness)

I just wanted to take a moment to encourage you to never give up on being the gentle, generous, helpful, thoughtful you that God has put together (molded and shaped like the wonderful, skillful potter her is (Jeremiah 18)).

You are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus and a valuable member of the Body of Christ. And God does not make dorks or anything else that is junk. He knows your heart and trusts you with the compassion that you have, knowing you will be faithful in giving it out.

You are blessed my friend and what you did to offer to adjust your life and budget to come alongside a total stranger with a great gift is a testimony to us all. We all should be following your wonderful example when we are able. It falls in line with 2 Corinthians 9:6-15

Blessings of grace and peace be yours in abundance

Thanks, I needed that. You can see that I pictured something special on Pancakes head! Maybe she will be healed first.

But, I really am a dork too. I am being straightforward here. : )

I'm asking in reference to myself...

Currently..im losing my hair..it isnt due to stress or diet..but alopecia that runs on both sides of my family.

I'm only 24 and this is a bit much for me... Back to the cursed part..i say this because....

Well I still remember that lady that stopped me at the grocery store.... In addition to saying I'm chosen blah blah... She said it would get worse for me..

And now that I'm losing my hair I think that's what she meant.

In addition to that I had the worst pastor anyone could ask for..i bathed this lady when she was sick, tithef large sums or money,cleaned her house, for her to treat me poorly..ask if the spirit of Judas was in me, call my mom saying I was a liar and not to believe anything I say, at one point BC my anxiety was bad..told my brothers not to pray for me anymore, and that id either go to heaven or hell....and more..

Also through out my 24 years, I've never really had friends, so I never had those memories..like prom..

My family has struggled with poverty.. I've always moved around..anf to this day I live in a hotel with my family of 6

And I lost a tooth..

I have generalized anxiety...

When I rid work...i was always so slow and couldn't catch on that my paycheck would be around $25 a week and $70(biweekly) but would always

I know things can be worse..but..

Bad things seem to happen back to back..and I sincerely wonder if I'm cursed.

But praying doesn't automatically grant you blessings though.
Not praying gets you nothing. Start praying and let the Lord rework your relationship through the Holy Spirit.

James 4:
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Hello pancakes. I was just skimming through the posts and see so many brothers and sisters posted encouraging posts and they are guiding you in the right direction. Just a few thoughts from my side.

No, you are not under any curse. No believer is under any curse. Any thought like that is straight from devil, the accuser.
Secondly, prayer. It is so very important. It is not so much for reminding God what you need. It is so much for us to be reminded that we are in need. In need of God's grace and mercy every minute of our lives. And that is what we are to ask. Remember the blind man's prayer? He asked "Son of David, have mercy on us". And they were healed of our blindness.
Thirdly, fill your prayers with thanksgiving. Don't make it a time of petition. We should not praise God for what we have or what He has given us. We praise God for who He is. That will set the relationship between you and God in the right track. It will definitely bring a change in you.

I'm asking in reference to myself...

Currently..im losing my hair..it isnt due to stress or diet..but alopecia that runs on both sides of my family.

I'm only 24 and this is a bit much for me... Back to the cursed part..i say this because....

Well I still remember that lady that stopped me at the grocery store.... In addition to saying I'm chosen blah blah... She said it would get worse for me..

And now that I'm losing my hair I think that's what she meant.

In addition to that I had the worst pastor anyone could ask for..i bathed this lady when she was sick, tithef large sums or money,cleaned her house, for her to treat me poorly..ask if the spirit of Judas was in me, call my mom saying I was a liar and not to believe anything I say, at one point BC my anxiety was bad..told my brothers not to pray for me anymore, and that id either go to heaven or hell....and more..

Also through out my 24 years, I've never really had friends, so I never had those memories..like prom..

My family has struggled with poverty.. I've always moved around..anf to this day I live in a hotel with my family of 6

And I lost a tooth..

I have generalized anxiety...

When I rid work...i was always so slow and couldn't catch on that my paycheck would be around $25 a week and $70(biweekly) but would always

I know things can be worse..but..

Bad things seem to happen back to back..and I sincerely wonder if I'm cursed.
It is possible to be cursed by God. I wouldn't say you are cursed. As others have made clear we are washed by the blood of Jesus. We are children of God. We have escaped all curses.

What you are experiencing is suffering of the flesh. We all experience that. It is Christianity 101. I know many will say its not and that prayer can alleviate us from it. But I disagree. We need to really think on it. Without some sort of suffering how would we ever grow closer to God???????? You ''can't''!!! just think about it for a while!!! The fact that you serve God whilst in turmoil is what makes your Christianity shine. We are only passing through. Hang in there.

It is possible to be cursed by God. I wouldn't say you are cursed. As others have made clear we are washed by the blood of Jesus. We are children of God. We have escaped all curses.

What you are experiencing is suffering of the flesh. We all experience that. It is Christianity 101. I know many will say its not and that prayer can alleviate us from it. But I disagree. We need to really think on it. Without some sort of suffering how would we ever grow closer to God???????? You ''can't''!!! just think about it for a while!!! The fact that you serve God whilst in turmoil is what makes your Christianity shine. We are only passing through. Hang in there.
I think it is very important to understand purpose of prayer. It is not a reminder to God to say "please don't forget me". It is more to say "please remind me". When we go through difficult times, we should pray. The turmoil might be removed completely. Prayer reminds us it was God who took care of it. Or else, we will go through it and prayer will help us be reminded that God is walking right with us. Without prayers and seeking God, we would left to think we are going through all alone ourself. So prayer is vital for us.

Suffering for God is learning to do things His way and not our own. It is making the flesh line up with the word of God or another words doing things His way.

Not getting things our way can be a huge suffering. Lol

God disciplines or chastises us through His word. Which means correcting something we are doing unto His way. This again is suffering to the flesh.

Many believers never change and God won't force you to unless it is more in tune with saving your life.

Prayer will in fact help in this if your prayer is finding out what to change and doing it.

Like I need correction Lord, yes sir what do I need to do. We all need correction and as long as we welcome it we will grow.

God is Not cursing any one. We are under the new covenant of Grace.
Blessings
FCJ

12The Law, however, is not based on faith; on the contrary, “The one who does these things will live by them.” 13Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law by becoming a curse for us. For it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.” — 14He redeemed us so that the blessing promised to Abraham would come to the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.…

God does curse, that's a scriptural fact for any human being without faith in Christ....

18"Cursed shall be the offspring of your body and the produce of your ground, the increase of your herd and the young of your flock. 19"Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
20"The LORD will send upon you curses, confusion, and rebuke, in all you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and until you perish quickly,
on account of the evil of your deeds, because you have forsaken Me.…

BUT

Christians are open to rebuke from the Lord and that rebuke will go as far as putting them to death.
revelation letters to the Churches.
I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. 21I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling. 22So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. 23I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

Curses might be seen as an ongoing even generational rejection
whereas rebuke is more immediate to bring back into discipline.

12The Law, however, is not based on faith; on the contrary, “The one who does these things will live by them.” 13Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law by becoming a curse for us. For it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.” — 14He redeemed us so that the blessing promised to Abraham would come to the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.…

God does curse, that's a scriptural fact for any human being without faith in Christ....

18"Cursed shall be the offspring of your body and the produce of your ground, the increase of your herd and the young of your flock. 19"Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
20"The LORD will send upon you curses, confusion, and rebuke, in all you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and until you perish quickly,

BUT

Christians are open to rebuke from the Lord and that rebuke will go as far as putting them to death.
I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. 21I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling. 22So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. 23I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

If all of this is happening BC I left my former church...then idk what to do..but I'm not going back there though.

BUT

These curses you speak of are not being properly explained here.

One thing to remember this was before Christ and Jesus set us free from these.

Also must grasp that the curse was released into the earth the day the Light left the garden.

So if you choose God then you dwell under His laws or ways and blessings.

If you choose your own way or any other way then you will dwell within this cursed land.

God does not have to curse any one for it is already released in this earth.

If God was cursing those who have yet to receive Him then we would only have believers on this earth. The fact is the old covenant was destroyed on the cross and we All dwell under the new covenant. Grace is out there for all.

God does not take a life as in a rebuke or chastisement. You bring a quote from the Revelation of Jesus and it does not apply here.

Blessings and love my brother
FCJ

It's not. Relax. Some things you read here have been manipulated.
FCJ

Hey my awesome sister,
Let's stop and think about a few things here.

Our enemy comes immediately to steel kill and destroy for the word sake.

So as you have been making progress and stepping out to walk a better walk with God.....well dear you totally worried our enemy the devil. Do you think he wants you to grow and take your rightful place in Christ and run him out of your life and your families lives?

Let's get real here and call an attack from the enemy what it is and stop trying to figure out if God is behind this junk.

Pancakes time is too short for me not to just tell you like it is. I love you as you are my awesome sister in Christ.

You think you are alone here, glory to God right after I returned here and began to minister unto you and help to get you standing strong, well sister let me tell you that I had some attacks and battles to deal with.

Should have sent me running but I don't run anymore. I know God will get me through it All if I do things His way as it is written in His word.

Besides my dear friend, you are much more important to not just God our Father but to me and my family then any stuff I might have come against me.

Do not give up but rather stand up and take your place in Christ.
Blessings
Jim

I'd like to also say
that if you as a Christian don't
pray
read the bible
or attend Church
then as a consequence you are like the prodigal son who wanders away and spends his blessing among sinners then ends up with pigs,
you must pray
because Jesus Himself prayed

you must read the Word/Bible because God has given us His Word so He doesn't have to repeat Himself a million times a day
He can just say by the Holy Spirit read this verse because that's what YOU NEED TODAY.
and
you MUST attend a Church because that is God's will for every Christian,
God authorises authority, He appoints pastors and prophets and teachers, sure there's a lot of dummies who don't get it right but the system
is for the most part good. Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft and also Satan was the chief rebel.
IT is not a question of being CURSED as such
but more a question of NOT being blessed,
you can't expect toast if you don't plug your toaster in, so you can't expect blessing specific if you don't plug into God/word/church/prayer.
As a RANDOM consequence of life you might receive blessings or you might equally receive bad stuff.
Life for a Christian should not be left to random chance.

Know that all tribulations or negative happenings in your life are for you to learn from, and a test.

You say you are a believer and I don't doubt it, but then you go on to publicly loath your situation in the eyes of others. Surely you know not to speak ill of others, yet you do it here for all to see.

You must fall in order to rise. The further you fall the more you can learn and the ore you are tested. Be observant, and patient and have hope. We all have exponential potential for great things, and by that I don't mean material things or wants of attainment of any sort, but great things for the will of GOD and the sake of all.

Often times knowledge of GOD is called a curse, and it surely can be of one knowingly veers from the narrow path GOD has lain out for them. Be introspective, humble, and honest with yourself, allowing your conscience to really comunicate what is out of place in your actions or lack there of. Acknowledging and acting on these things according to what you know via the selfless conscience and the teachings and example of the Christ will bring peace to you regardless of your physical situation.

You are not cursed.
Trials are only for a period and to prove you. Again, patience, perseverence, obedience, hope, and from there, utter faith.

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Know that all tribulations or negative happenings in your life are for you to learn from, and a test.

You say you are a believer and I don't doubt it, but then you go on to publicly loath your situation in the eyes of others. Surely you know not to speak ill of others, yet you do it here for all to see.

You must fall in order to rise. The further you fall the more you can learn and the ore you are tested. Be observant, and patient and have hope. We all have exponential potential for great things, and by that I don't mean material things or wants of attainment of any sort, but great things for the will of GOD and the sake of all.

Often times knowledge of GOD is called a curse, and it surely can be of one knowingly veers from the narrow path GOD has lain out for them. Be introspective, humble, and honest with yourself, allowing your conscience to really comunicate what is out of place in your actions or lack there of. Acknowledging and acting on these things according to what you know via the selfless conscience and the teachings and example of the Christ will bring peace to you regardless of your physical situation.

You are not cursed.
Trials are only for a period and to prove you. Again, patience, perseverence, obedience, hope, and from there, utter faith.

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

You said all tribulations are for us to learn from and a test.

Scripture tells us in this world we will have tribulation which include persecution, testing and trials and so forth. ( John 16:33)

However Jesus goes on to say be in peace for He has over come this world.

Now then the only way one learns from a trial etc is to walk according to God's word through it and in doing so our faith will grow through persevering or steadfastness if and only when we function according to how it is written in God's word.

Trials and temptation and testing are not from God and are not here to teach us anything.

In this world means because we are living in this place that operates under a Babylon system (world's ways) we will have these things.

Yes in James it says faith being tested and causes perseverance or steadfastness to grow. (James 1:3) and onward.

James did not say God was testing your faith. In fact unless we deal with them through faith and joy and trust in God's word, they tear one down and cripple ones faith and so forth.

Perseverence and Patience does not mean to simply put up with.

Scripture tells us in Mark 4:17
that satan comes "Immediately" by or through "persecution" to steel kill or destroy "For The Word Sake"

persecution is meant to kill, steel and destroy not build or teach us anything.
If the word of God can not take root and grow then your faith and strength are weak and defeated easy like.

One can not answer to persecution in one's own strength.......our strength must come from God through His written word by doing things the way His word tells us.

When persecution comes knocking and it will........how do you respond to it? That will in its self determine if you stand and strengthen or fall and live defeated.

Blessings
FCJ

Back