Is Judas Iscariot In Heaven.

The Gospel of Judas, I assume your talking about, is a gnostic text. Probably wasn't actually written by him, but it is clearly a self edifying text. Whereas the other texts tend to focus on Christ, his focuses all on Judas.

Luke 22:3...........
"Then Satan entered into Judas called Iscariot, who was of the number of the twelve."

1 John 2:19........
"They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, in order that it might be shown that they all are not of us".

I agree with your comments on Judas's gospel. Other than the title of the document, there is no evidence it was written by Judas Iscariot or that it contains any legitimate historical information. It appears to be a second-century Gnostic pseudepigraphal (-spurious writings, especially writings falsely attributed to biblical characters or times.) gospel.

Luke 22:3...........
"Then Satan entered into Judas called Iscariot, who was of the number of the twelve."

1 John 2:19........
"They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, in order that it might be shown that they all are not of us".

I agree with your comments on Judas's gospel. Other than the title of the document, there is no evidence it was written by Judas Iscariot or that it contains any legitimate historical information. It appears to be a second-century Gnostic pseudepigraphal (-spurious writings, especially writings falsely attributed to biblical characters or times.) gospel.

Yes, I have read also that it was given that title to shock Iraneus and other important Bishops who were trying to establish an orthodox faith.

Satan cannot enter into a vessel filled with the Holt Spirit...dark cannot exist in such a light...Judas could not have been saved, because the Holy Spirit dwelling IN YOU is how we are said to have eternal life (He in us and we in Him)...it is by the Spirit of God that we are born from above, and so "whosoever does not have the Spirit of Christ IN them are none of His", so no Judas was definitely NOT "saved", and could not therefore enter into the Kingdom...His repentance was merely a remorse over what he had done to this good man, his friend, not to his LORD....for Judas Christ was not the Messiah sent from God.

But he did. I just gave the verse :confused:.
Opps... it should have been Matt 27:3...

And though the verse says he "repented" it's not metanoeo (to change one's mind) but to repent to one's self. The difference is that though he repented of the act, he repented to himself and not to God, nor did he ask for forgiveness, nor did he seek God's (Jesus') forgiveness either. Finally, he didn't believe in Jesus as God because he never called Him Lord, only rabbi. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
How so when Judas was facilitating the enemy's loss?
well then I suppose when you kill your self ( which you have no right to do so) God would say i did not call you. I learned these words from previous Pastors.
Please tell me what you mean by facilitating the enemy's loss. :)

True "repentance" brings forth right actions. If we are acting wrong that is because our believing is wrong. Hanging oneself is not good actions that come from true "repentance."

well then I suppose when you kill your self ( which you have no right to do so) God would say i did not call you. I learned these words from previous Pastors.
Please tell me what you mean by facilitating the enemy's loss. :)

If, Judas was the the most prized possession of the "devil" as your pastor and you espouse, and if his act helped foster the crucifixion and victory of The King over sin, death and the enemy at the cross; why would Judas be prized when he became the vanguard to the enemy's destruction?

Seems like it would be contrary.

If, Judas was the the most prized possession of the "devil" as your pastor and you espouse, and if his act helped foster the crucifixion and victory of The King over sin, death and the enemy at the cross; why would Judas be prized when he became the vanguard to the enemy's destruction?

Ever hear the saying, "shooting yourself in the foot" I think Satan used Judas as his secret weapon, but later found out he was wrong and suffered the consequences of this wisdom he thought he had. How can someone fight against a spiritual being who knows everything that is going to happen before it happens?

Gen 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

Someone posted that satan cannot enter a spirit filled believer - I would remind them (again) that these events happened before the Pentecost - the HS did not come until Christ left (this includes the 40 days after the resurrection). People's judgement on Judas and the sanhedrin is the foremost reason given for anti semitism. How's that for fruit. I am forever grateful that people are not my or Judas judge. Jesus addressed Peter as satan. Peter cut off a soldier's ear at Gethsemane and denied Christ 3 times. If Judas had not killed himself, I'm sure he would have been forgiven.
Our sins give satan an entrance, believer or no. And all can be deceived.

Ever hear the saying, "shooting yourself in the foot" I think Satan used Judas as his secret weapon, but later found out he was wrong and suffered the consequences of this wisdom he thought he had. How can someone fight against a spiritual being who knows everything that is going to happen before it happens?

The enemy cannot do anything without prior consent from God. So he could not shoot himself in the foot.

If you look at the account of the supper, it is after Judas chooses his course that the enemy enters him. Judas chooses darkness, not darkness chooses him.

The enemy cannot do anything without prior consent from God. So he could not shoot himself in the foot.

If you look at the account of the supper, it is after Judas chooses his course that the enemy enters him. Judas chooses darkness, not darkness chooses him.

So, you believe Satan asked God if it was OK to use Judas to betray Jesus, so that Jesus would be crucified thus destroying himself?

Someone posted that satan cannot enter a spirit filled believer - I would remind them (again) that these events happened before the Pentecost - the HS did not come until Christ left (this includes the 40 days after the resurrection). People's judgement on Judas and the sanhedrin is the foremost reason given for anti semitism. How's that for fruit. I am forever grateful that people are not my or Judas judge. Jesus addressed Peter as satan. Peter cut off a soldier's ear at Gethsemane and denied Christ 3 times. If Judas had not killed himself, I'm sure he would have been forgiven.
Our sins give satan an entrance, believer or no. And all can be deceived.

Good thinking Silk! If we think a little about it , haven't we all betrayed Jesus a one time or another in our lives? I know I have.

Yea Chili. Its always fun to talk to Dave. How you going to approach that?

Back