Is Judas Iscariot In Heaven.

So, you believe Satan asked God if it was OK to use Judas to betray Jesus, so that Jesus would be crucified thus destroying himself?

No God told him to enter Judas is he did not repent. He gave Judas over to him.

The enemy could so nothing but tempt. They are lions roaring, but with no teeth.

They cannot MAKE you do anything unless God says yes, ex. Job. It is where we place FAITH that they have power.

Whatever we place faith into, that we will have.

Well said (y)
Opps... it should have been Matt 27:3...

And though the verse says he "repented" it's not metanoeo (to change one's mind) but to repent to one's self. The difference is that though he repented of the act, he repented to himself and not to God, nor did he ask for forgiveness, nor did he seek God's (Jesus') forgiveness either. Finally, he didn't believe in Jesus as God because he never called Him Lord, only rabbi. Just my opinion.

You are a thinking man so I want to give you something to consider.

Could it be that Judas was one of the very few in the Bible who did not have a free will, and was destined to betray Jesus actually from before the foundation of the world????

In John 13:18 Jesus quotes Psalm 41:9 regarding the friend who eats bread with him has lifted up his heel against him.

Zechariah 11: 12 speaks about the 30 pieces of silver and the potters' field.

John 13:27 states that Satan entered into him after Jesus gave him the sop---not before.

Is there any significants because it fulfilled what Jesus had just said about the one to betray him.

The Greek verb, "entered," is in a rather unique tense, and one that is not readily translated into English. It is called the "purclelear aoirst" and can mean "for a particular moment or time"---not necessarily permanently. Could this indicate that Satan entered Judas for a short time to perform this predicted betrayal?

Again, it does not mean that Satan permanently possessed him. It is impossible for Satan to possess a true believer, and for Judas to have performed miracles in Jesus' name, because Judas went out with the 12 and performed miracles and healings in Jesus name. Would he not have to have been a believer to do that???

Just asking cause I do not know. I have been asked this a lot, but I just don't know.

No God told him to enter Judas is he did not repent. He gave Judas over to him.

The enemy could so nothing but tempt. They are lions roaring, but with no teeth.

They cannot MAKE you do anything unless God says yes, ex. Job. It is where we place FAITH that they have power.

Whatever we place faith into, that we will have.

If the Lord has to say, "yes" to everything, before man or Satan can do anything, then there would be no such a thing as free choice. Even angels have free choice. Satan entered Judas because Judas let him in, not because the Lord allowed him to.

John 13:2= And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him;

John 13:27= And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.
John 13:28= Now no man at the table knew for what intent he spake this unto him.

Luke 22:2= And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people.
Luke 22:3= Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.
Luke 22:4= And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him unto them.
Luke 22:5= And they were glad, and covenanted to give him money.
Luke 22:6= And he promised, and sought opportunity to betray him unto them in the absence of the multitude.

If God gives the approval for Satan to enter Judas, and since Jesus is God, why would God (Jesus) be troubled in his Spirit because of what Judas was about to do?

John 13:21= When Jesus had thus said, he was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.

You are a thinking man so I want to give you something to consider.

Could it be that Judas was one of the very few in the Bible who did not have a free will, and was destined to betray Jesus actually from before the foundation of the world????

In John 13:18 Jesus quotes Psalm 41:9 regarding the friend who eats bread with him has lifted up his heel against him.

Zechariah 11: 12 speaks about the 30 pieces of silver and the potters' field.

John 13:27 states that Satan entered into him after Jesus gave him the sop---not before.

Is there any significants because it fulfilled what Jesus had just said about the one to betray him.

The Greek verb, "entered," is in a rather unique tense, and one that is not readily translated into English. It is called the "purclelear aoirst" and can mean "for a particular moment or time"---not necessarily permanently. Could this indicate that Satan entered Judas for a short time to perform this predicted betrayal?

Again, it does not mean that Satan permanently possessed him. It is impossible for Satan to possess a true believer, and for Judas to have performed miracles in Jesus' name, because Judas went out with the 12 and performed miracles and healings in Jesus name. Would he not have to have been a believer to do that???

Just asking cause I do not know. I have been asked this a lot, but I just don't know.

It seems to be a quandry. But scripture interprets scripture:

John 6:70 (KJV)
Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

Jesus chose Judas so he would fulfill prophecy. Who is the boss of the demons? The devil. Who can order his minions to do his bidding? The devil. The devil casts out his own, or even listens to false pastors today, so everyone is deceived. Judas was chosen for that time, just like Pharaoh was chosen for that time. Did Judas have a choice? Most definitely, just as we have a choice, to choose life or to choose death. Jesus chose Judas because Jesus knew he would not choose life. Nothing surprises God and everything is known to Him.

I hope this answers your question.

Scripture states it plainly "it would be better if that man had not been born".
That's pretty harsh. Judas is in Hell.

It seems to be a quandry. But scripture interprets scripture:

John 6:70 (KJV)
Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

Jesus chose Judas so he would fulfill prophecy. Who is the boss of the demons? The devil. Who can order his minions to do his bidding? The devil. The devil casts out his own, or even listens to false pastors today, so everyone is deceived. Judas was chosen for that time, just like Pharaoh was chosen for that time. Did Judas have a choice? Most definitely, just as we have a choice, to choose life or to choose death. Jesus chose Judas because Jesus knew he would not choose life. Nothing surprises God and everything is known to Him.

I hope this answers your question.

That was my thoughts as well. Just wanted to get it out there for all the readers!

I believe Judas is lost. He hung himself from of the remorse and realization that Jesus was truly the Son of God, but not out of genuine repentance. His love of money triumphed over his love of God. He failed to surrender to Christ. Very sad.

Last edited:
Opps... it should have been Matt 27:3...

And though the verse says he "repented" it's not metanoeo (to change one's mind) but to repent to one's self. The difference is that though he repented of the act, he repented to himself and not to God, nor did he ask for forgiveness, nor did he seek God's (Jesus') forgiveness either. Finally, he didn't believe in Jesus as God because he never called Him Lord, only rabbi. Just my opinion.

A while back I recall quoting exactly what you did about Judas's repentance not being Godly sorrow. But these days I question that.

Would any evil person today hang himself if he just betrayed another person / rabbi?

The fact that he hanged himself tells me he grasped he just betrayed God. Even sincere repentance / Godly sorrow would prompt a human to commit suicide.

Its not a hateful comment. Its a continuation of your logic.

Kill Judas as a baby and remove all risk of him going to hell.

Last edited:
Back