Is Mary the New Eve?

OK. It is your choice. All I can say is that apparently the Bible tells us something else.

Acts 9:13 (ESV)
13 But Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem. "

Acts 9:32 (ESV)
32 Now as Peter went here and there among them all, he came down also to the saints who lived at Lydda

Acts 26:10 (ESV)
10 And I did so in Jerusalem. I not only locked up many of the saints in prison after receiving authority from the chief priests, but when they were put to death I cast my vote against them.

Philippians 4:21 (ESV)
21 Greet every saint in Christ Jesus. The brothers who are with me greet you.

Romans 16:2 (ESV)
2 that you may welcome her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints, and help her in whatever she may need from you, for she has been a patron of many and of myself as well.

Ephesians 5:3 (ESV)
3 But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints.

Major, I marvel at your patience in the face of such vitriol as I see being directed at you.
That aside, Paul's letter to the Ephesian Church was addressed to what class of people?
Eph 1:1. Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints who are in Ephesus, and are faithful in Christ Jesus:

Paul's letter to the Roman Church was addressed to what class of people?
Rom 1:7. To all those in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul's letter to the Church at Philippi was addressed to what class of people?
Phil 1:1. Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are at Philippi, with the overseers and deacons:

Paul's letter to the Church at Colossae was addressed to what class of people?
Col 1:2 To the saints and faithful brothers in Christ at Colossae: Grace to you and peace from God our Father.

in my opinion,
the "saints" as defined by the Catholic church were no different to you and me except they spent considerable time
devoted to prayer and fasting and the word,
as such I think the Holy Spirit, who is the owner of all miraculous gifts, not us, nothing originated through ANY saint or the apostles,
imparts those Gifts to whoever He wills who is faithful.
Many powerless Christians don't bother praying, don't bother fasting, don't bother even going to church, like to live together before they get married,
have all sorts of carnal ideas about Christianity and evolution,
so its not wonder the Holy Spirit doesn't entrust them with gifts like he did to Cupertino and padre pio etc.

Major, I marvel at your patience in the face of such vitriol as I see being directed at you.
That aside, Paul's letter to the Ephesian Church was addressed to what class of people?
Eph 1:1. Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints who are in Ephesus, and are faithful in Christ Jesus:

Paul's letter to the Roman Church was addressed to what class of people?
Rom 1:7. To all those in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul's letter to the Church at Philippi was addressed to what class of people?
Phil 1:1. Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are at Philippi, with the overseers and deacons:

Paul's letter to the Church at Colossae was addressed to what class of people?
Col 1:2 To the saints and faithful brothers in Christ at Colossae: Grace to you and peace from God our Father.

Do you think Paul considered all of these people he is addressing as saints according to the RCC definition of saints? If he did, there must have been thousands of healing miracles performed during this time.

in my opinion,
the "saints" as defined by the Catholic church were no different to you and me except they spent considerable time
devoted to prayer and fasting and the word,
as such I think the Holy Spirit, who is the owner of all miraculous gifts, not us, nothing originated through ANY saint or the apostles,
imparts those Gifts to whoever He wills who is faithful.
Many powerless Christians don't bother praying, don't bother fasting, don't bother even going to church, like to live together before they get married,
have all sorts of carnal ideas about Christianity and evolution,
so its not wonder the Holy Spirit doesn't entrust them with gifts like he did to Cupertino and padre pio etc.

Hmmm, now that's an interesting perspective...our gifts are entrusted to us based on our obedience/devotion?

Do you think Paul considered all of these people he is addressing as saints according to the RCC definition of saints? If he did, there must have been thousands of healing miracles performed during this time.
Well all I can say is that these discussions on RCC teachings have caused me to fall to my knees (metaphorically speaking) giving thanks to the divine Grace by which I am protestant in my understanding of The Lord, and of His word. The popes tweet as discussed in another thread is all very well and good for the RCC faithful but of no relevance to the rest of the Body of Christ.
As for the idea that Mary is the new, last, final or ultimate Eve, that is a matter for the RCC and I believe has no relevance to the rest off the Body of Christ.
As for myself, I would rather be focused on the things of the Lord Jesus Christ, I have been spending way too much time on trivia.

Well all I can say is that these discussions on RCC teachings have caused me to fall to my knees (metaphorically speaking) giving thanks to the divine Grace by which I am protestant in my understanding of The Lord, and of His word. The popes tweet as discussed in another thread is all very well and good for the RCC faithful but of no relevance to the rest of the Body of Christ.
As for the idea that Mary is the new, last, final or ultimate Eve, that is a matter for the RCC and I believe has no relevance to the rest off the Body of Christ.
As for myself, I would rather be focused on the things of the Lord Jesus Christ, I have been spending way too much time on trivia.
Do you feel that RCC faithful are not focused on the things of the Lord Jesus Christ?

I think that there are plenty of good correlations between Eve and Mary. I don't consider that question of any theological importance, but I think it is certainly a good metaphor.

I don't really understand the objection to it.

I think that there are plenty of good correlations between Eve and Mary. I don't consider that question of any theological importance, but I think it is certainly a good metaphor.

Nor do I, nor why a comparison of Eve to Mary would have a specific RCC correlation. Certainly both women are entirely relevant to the whole of Christianity.

Do you feel that RCC faithful are not focused on the things of the Lord Jesus Christ?
You quoted a post of mine (#147) and followed with the above question.
assuming that you are not trying to 'bait' me, exactly what was it I said that would cause you ask such a question?
No answer is actually required.

Again my post # 147 is used, for what purpose?
Exactly which words of mine constitute an objection?

assuming that you are not trying to 'bait' me, exactly what was it I said that would cause you ask such a question?
Bait you? I asked you a question.
Given that the RCC are the largest branch of Christianity and given that Christians follow the teachings of Jesus Christ I wonder if you could elaborate when you state that they are not Christ-centered.

Again my post # 147 is used, for what purpose?
Exactly which words of mine constitute an objection?

If you don't want an answer then don't ask questions.

By asking a question like that, Peace, you made Calvin sound like he had insinuated Catholics were not Christ centered, then you stated plainly, "...if you could elaborate when you state that they are not Christ-centered." Calvin in no way stated Catholics are not Christ-centered, nor did he make any objection to the discussion. All he said was he was not interested in the discussion of Eve and Mary and would rather focus on Christ.

By asking a question like that, Peace, you made Calvin sound like he had insinuated Catholics were not Christ centered, then you stated plainly, "...if you could elaborate when you state that they are not Christ-centered." Calvin in no way stated Catholics are not Christ-centered, nor did he make any objection to the discussion. All he said was he was not interested in the discussion of Eve and Mary and would rather focus on Christ.
It did appear so to me, and the RCC was mentioned twice by Calvin in post #147. I did give Calvin the opportunity to clarify which he did not do. I am not attacking Calvin, simply asking a question.

It did appear so to me, and the RCC was mentioned twice by Calvin in post #147. I did give Calvin the opportunity to clarify which he did not do. I am not attacking Calvin, simply asking a question.
I've read post #147 five times now, and I still do not see where you are coming from. The RCC has no authority over the rest of the body of Christ, its teachings are for their own parishioners. Is this the part which offends you, or is it that Calvin is glad he is not a member of the RCC?

I've read post #147 five times now, and I still do not see where you are coming from. The RCC has no authority over the rest of the body of Christ, its teachings are for their own parishioners. Is this the part which offends you, or is it that Calvin is glad he is not a member of the RCC?
I didn't say I WAS offended, you said that. It appears I misunderstood part of his post, but a comparison of Eve to Mary would hardly be of interest to only members of the RCC. That aspect of his message DOES confuse me.

Back