Is The Bible Questionable?

Why would he want to go if he couldn't preach what he is convicted is the truth?

ditto

Again, why would he want to go preach there in the first place?

Yes, if a pastor yields his pulpit to another, there should be a pre-agreement as to the boundaries...otherwise.
goodness we are thousands of miles part on this discussion -- a pre agreement ? fi you would do me a favor and please remove my post from comments . pardon my expression but this has got to a brick in the wall discussion.

{Again, why would he want to go preach there in the first place?} evidently you dont understand the great commission never the less i am through as this is turning into a argument ..

In a discussion of denominational doctrine and personal opinion, listening and researching Scripture is wise, but a Disciple's attitude is to receive instead of reacting. Discussing denominational doctrine and personal opinion will not change one's view in a post or discussion in time or ever, but are the two opposing views by two brothers or sisters going to result in the body of fellowship?
i agree But with 2 God called ministers/ you find the common ground Jesus saves repentance washed in the blood... aka w/o the shedding of Blood there is no remission of sins thanks for your in put

i dont do big fancy words as per my english .i have stated many times it lacks... i was called to preach not write. around here we call it division . lets put it this way it would be a seldom cause for a southern or a missionary baptist preach in a ASOG or vise versa i really dont care what you name tag is just as long as one preaches Jesus and him crucified risen again on the 3 rd day .leave the rest of the stuff alone.
I do understand what you are saying. But it is not about big fancy words or eloquent speech my friend. The computer itself shows you the misspelled words and grammar errors which you can then correct.

From what I have experienced in my life is that when an AOG minister preaches, he always digresses into speaking in tongues or insisting on miracles or the fact that God owes you something and all you have to do is demand it from Him.

That is not preaching but instead is espousing denominational theology at the expense of the gospel.

Allow me to give you an example. Many years ago, I shared a pulpit with a Catholic deacon at a funeral. After he had spoken, on Catholic traditions and how this man was a good Catholic, I used John 3 to tell all there that the only way to heaven was by being BORN AGAIN. This Catholic deacon came to me afterwards and said......"That is the 1st time I have ever heard that"!

He preached Catholic traditions and works and I preached JESUS! Is that "ecumenicism???

my reply he is a heretic and a false teacher. let me put it this way. my buddy who is independent Baptist stated his pastor would not preach out side his denom due to the osas that he holds to.. if a man is truly called to preach he should be able to do so. leave his personal doctrine/theology out.
i attended a revival service at a general baptist church where the evangelist was a A.S.O.G pastor in texas. not one time did he use the phrase baptism of the Holy Spirit evidence speaking in tongues . also at no time was tongues ever mentioned or used.
other than he mentioning his Church you would have never known he was ASOG minister...

that is the mark of true called of God preacher. .. personally i dont acre what flavor you are were bro sisters in Christ.

i am even friends with a pentc woman' preacher one of the churches i pastored i had her do a mothers day service. she only used few scriptures and did not preach. of course i have known her all my life .
if no body can see my point something is wrong. i fully understand denominations. Christ prayed for us in john 17 to be one in him .not one universal church
yes there will always be die hard that just has to push their doctrine.. but i question there calling of God
You said.........
"i am even friends with a pentc woman' preacher one of the churches i pastored i had her do a mothers day service. she only used few scriptures and did not preach. of course i have known her all my life ."

God said in 1 Timothy 3:1-3.........
"This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach".

God says that it is a MAN who is to be called a Preacher.

I am not saying this to argue with you......only showing you what God said NOT ME.

so if a asog preacher went to a Baptist church it would be ok to preach on speaking in tongues ? or if a southern Baptist went to a general Baptist church he should preach on eternal security ? convictions is one thing . what would it accomplish if the preached any of the 2. when it was not that churches belief . for some reason its just not registering what i am saying . when a person is asked to preach in another man pulpit he is pastor of. the guest speaker is not preaching as the pastor . if this dont clarify i am done.

NO!
Speaking in tongues is an AOG doctrine.

Any preacher of God should open his mouth and preach what God has told him. OSAS is a Bible doctrine so why would any preacher not preach it????

Why would he want to go if he couldn't preach what he is convicted is the truth?

ditto

Again, why would he want to go preach there in the first place?

Yes, if a pastor yields his pulpit to another, there should be a pre-agreement as to the boundaries...otherwise.

Agreed.

#1.....I have many friends in this life. Some are Pentecostal, some are Lutheran and some are Catholic. If I was asked to preach in a Catholic church or a Lutheran Church (And I have) I have never put down that denomination or challenged their denominational stance. I always preached JESUS CHRIST as the remedy for man' s problem......SIN.

Now in my own church with my own crowd, I feel liberated to expose the errors of those denominational teachings which do not correspond to the directions of the Scriptures. That is what we are called to do as preachers of the Word of God.

2 Tim. 4:3-4.........
"For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths."

NO!
Speaking in tongues is an AOG doctrine.

Any preacher of God should open his mouth and preach what God has told him. OSAS is a Bible doctrine so why would any preacher not preach it????
well according to the rules osas is not allowed to be discussed . in some ways you missed my point and in some ways you proved my point yes tongues is of the ASOG and just like the southern baptist on osas both side will give scripture

AMEN! In fact......he would not be a preacher at all!
so it would be ok if a Pentecostal preached came into your church and preached on baptism of the Holy spirit the evidence speaking in tongues . for some reason ..on second though its not worth trying to explain . in forums i have learned over the years there are certain subjects that carry and some that do not.. this is one i am good friends with a missionary Baptist pastor i would not have any issue what so ever preaching him at the church i pastor. a general Baptist other than that far as aim concerned subject over

You said.........
"i am even friends with a pentc woman' preacher one of the churches i pastored i had her do a mothers day service. she only used few scriptures and did not preach. of course i have known her all my life ."

God said in 1 Timothy 3:1-3.........
"This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach".

God says that it is a MAN who is to be called a Preacher.

I am not saying this to argue with you......only showing you what God said NOT ME.
What part did you not understand she did not preach . its no different than a lady teaching sunday school class

I am not saying this to argue with you.
lol you sure doing a good job.. btw to ease up your point i am not a woman preacher supporter even though i did go to a pentecostal church to see her and yes i heard her preach. my last thought

#1.....I have many friends in this life. Some are Pentecostal, some are Lutheran and some are Catholic. If I was asked to preach in a Catholic church or a Lutheran Church (And I have) I have never put down that denomination or challenged their denominational stance. I always preached JESUS CHRIST as the remedy for man' s problem......SIN.. Bingo that is how it should be

Now in my own church with my own crowd, I feel liberated to expose the errors of those denominational teachings which do not correspond to the directions of the Scriptures. That is what we are called to do as preachers of the Word of God.. catholic i will point out, i leave the Pentecostal alone . even though i do question 2 things slain in the spirit tongues .but i still dont preach against

{Again, why would he want to go preach there in the first place?} evidently you dont understand the great commission

As an aside to the central theme of this particular discussion, I've always been opposed to the idea that the gathering of believers should be used as an evangelistic outreach. Believers need the living out of mutual edification and fellowship to be built up in their faith. Evangelism and discipleship should take place outside of the gathering of believers. Altar calls are fine and dandy, but effective discipleship is best practiced face to face, one on one, or even one to three. That way it's more personable so that the discipled can enjoy are more relatable fellowship with the one building them up in their understanding and their growth in Christ Jesus.

But, that's just my take on it all, which I'm sure many an institutionalist would disagree, which is fine. I like exploring the many models and methods for reaching the lost, bringing to maturity, and letting them go out to spread their wings and function in the body of Christ as the Lord directs them.

MM

{Again, why would he want to go preach there in the first place?} evidently you dont understand the great commission never the less i am through as this is turning into a argument ..
Not arguing, just continuing in a discussion. For me the Great Commission is designed to reach and teach the lost with the Gospel...this includes those professing Christ but not possessing Christ.
(Don't feel like you must respond).

i believe all scripture is inspired by God, God breathed, but it is also important to understand they reflect the writers and the times as well.

the gospels were written by four different people

the books from first 5 books of the bible were written by the same person, or group, but those 5 books are one body of worked.

the same person/team who wrote the story of Adm and Eve, also wrote the story of Abraham, and the story of Moses

it's important to understand these things

i believe all scripture is inspired by God, God breathed, but it is also important to understand they reflect the writers and the times as well.

the books from first 5 books of the bible were written by the same person, or group, but those 5 books are one body of worked.

the same person/team who wrote the story of Adm and Eve, also wrote the story of Abraham, and the story of Moses

Yes Chuck Missler has made some good observations along these lines.

Colossians 1:16......
"For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him."

The Greek construction here refers to "in him" or "through him." Creation, as described in the book of Genesis, took place by the power of Jesus the Son as well as the Father and Spirit (Genesis 1:1–3). This verse is Paul's effort to show the all-encompassing nature of Christ's creative power. It included absolutely everything imaginable: heaven, earth, visible, invisible. And, it included all living things, such as the angels and spiritual powers. Paul uses similar wording in Romans 8:37–39, referring to all possible aspects of creation. There, his intent is to show that nothing whatsoever can separate the believer from God's love.

Paul also adds that all things are made by Jesus, and they are also created through Jesus, and for Jesus. IF we then follow that to its logical end then we can understand that the Bible has Jesus Christ as its author.

Not arguing, just continuing in a discussion. For me the Great Commission is designed to reach and teach the lost with the Gospel...this includes those professing Christ but not possessing Christ.
(Don't feel like you must respond).
there is no argument ---amen JUST THE GREAT COMMISON fall into so many categories. part of that is working with those outside our circle. yes there are few exceptions . just because the Pentecostal groups have a different theology that the Baptist. .. doesn't mean they are promoting a false doctrine.. we are dealing with interpretation of scriptures

From what I have experienced in my life is that when an AOG minister preaches, he always digresses into speaking in tongues or insisting on miracles or the fact that God owes you something and all you have to do is demand it from Him.

That is not preaching but instead is espousing denominational theology at the expense of the gospel.
and i agree if a mean can not stand in another pulpit and he dont need in the pulpit . to be fair i have known men who preach eternal security. that goes into another pulpit does the same only osas. respect the other man pulpit

Back