Is The Bible Questionable?

and i agree if a mean can not stand in another pulpit and he dont need in the pulpit . to be fair i have known men who preach eternal security. that goes into another pulpit does the same only osas. respect the other man pulpit

You said,.........
".i have known men who preach eternal security. that goes into another pulpit does the same only osas. respect the other man pulpit".

Isn't "eternal security" and OSAS the same thing?????

Isn't "eternal security" and OSAS the same thing?????
yes its same thing my whole point has been .if one is invited to stand in another man pulpit . he should have respect enough to preach the word minus what ever belief opposite it his . if me being a general baptist cant go in and preach to a southern baptist congregation and minister. i have no need in a pulpit.

One thing that stood out made me want to question for discussion. Do you believe the Bible is accurate, meaning that it's God breathed, that He anointed his servants in the Old and New Testaments to write the books?
For example, I stand in accord and follow Peter's teaching in 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
bobinfaith:

The opening words at 2 Timothy 3:16 are on point when it says: "all Scripture is inspired of God." But we must keep in mind the rest of verse 16, particularly where it says all inspired scripture is "for correction."

The routine of many Christians that I have interacted with over the years is to emphasize certain parts of a verse or verses in support of certain religious doctrines, while they ignore context. It is the context--the surrounding words, verses, and chapters--that gives us the correct understanding of what the particular verse(s) of scripture are actually saying.

Since the entire 66 books of the Judeo-Christian Bible were God-inspired--for our correction (among other things)--how willing are you to be corrected by other parts of the very same Bible book (the context) if your religious ideology is contradicted by the context of the particular verse? In other words, when the context (surrounding words, verses, and chapters) contradicts your religious ideology, are you willing to swallow your pride and be corrected by God's inspired word?

Alter2Ego

bobinfaith:
The opening words at 2 Timothy 3:16 are on point when it says: "all Scripture is inspired of God." But we must keep in mind the rest of verse 16, particularly where it says all inspired scripture is "for correction."
The routine of many Christians that I have interacted with over the years is to emphasize certain parts of a verse or verses in support of certain religious doctrines, while they ignore context. It is the context--the surrounding words, verses, and chapters--that gives us the correct understanding of what the particular verse(s) of scripture are actually saying.
Since the entire 66 books of the Judeo-Christian Bible were God-inspired--for our correction (among other things)--how willing are you to be corrected by other parts of the very same Bible book (the context) if your religious ideology is contradicted by the context of the particular verse? In other words, when the context (surrounding words, verses, and chapters) contradicts your religious ideology, are you willing to swallow your pride and be corrected by God's inspired word?
Alter2Ego

Hello Alter2Ego;

Thank you for your points.

2 Timothy 3:16 is one of my favorite studies and continues to be personally teachable to me in my growing discipleship. In the hermeneutical, (lets stick with context,) we receive God's Word while being trained (built up) but correction is Key and plays a profound role in this Passage.

We are all continuing students of the Bible, some are seasoned and some are new. When we hone in on the
correctional teaching in this passage, students are growing and developing the context but instead conveniently use a passage to support their ideology, doctrine or interpretation. It does happen and it's part of our growing while we develop the context of Scripture.

Yet others will grasp their Biblical study and include the disciplines of context. Praise Him!

God loves and understands us as His growing disciples. This is why He includes correction and reproof. He sees when our ideologies, doctrines or interpretations are grossly one-sided and set, instead of being open and reconciled with the True meaning of Scripture. Eventually, discernment can expose bruised pride and egos.

How willing are we to be corrected? By being submissive and teachable to God, His teachers, preachers and mentors through prayer, continuing to ask questions about the Bible, and the prompting of the Holy Spirit to develop our academic discipline of God's Word.

None of us have mastered the Bible, its a lifetime endeavor.

God bless you, Alter2Ego, and your family.

yes its same thing my whole point has been .if one is invited to stand in another man pulpit . he should have respect enough to preach the word minus what ever belief opposite it his . if me being a general baptist cant go in and preach to a southern baptist congregation and minister. i have no need in a pulpit.
I do understand what you are trying to say. With all due respect I can not agree.

In 50 years I have spoken and been invited to more churches that I can remember. I have never to this day ever asked a Pastor what he thought on anything and if there was something he did not want me to approach. If he did........I would have said.......GOOD BYE!

My point is.......since when do we as preachers ask another man what his thoughts are and his understanding of Bible doctrine is so that "IF" we preach by invitation we do not say something that would offend him?

IMHO, The biggest problem is not the topic, it is the way people react when the topic is preached. People today do not like to “get their toes stepped on.” Peop0le today LIKE what they know even if what they know is not Biblically correct.

Again....IMHO......preachers who are called by God should preach so as to please God and not their congregations. IF...IF God is happy then everyone wil be happy as long as what is said is found in the word of God.

It's a huge responsibility to preach the Bible, since it's what, 1000s of pages long.
The gospel is just the tip of the iceberg, like the starting point.

I think once people have grasped the basic foundations, (of the gospel) God then builds on that. The gospel of Christ doesn't change. But your spiritual growth will depend on how much you can absorb the rest of the Bible I suppose.

It's a huge responsibility to preach the Bible, since it's what, 1000s of pages long. The gospel is just the tip of the iceberg, like the starting point. I think once people have grasped the basic foundations, (of the gospel) God then builds on that. The gospel of Christ doesn't change. But your spiritual growth will depend on how much you can absorb the rest of the Bible I suppose.

Thank you, Lanolin, preaching is a huge responsibility and the preacher at one time also had to grasp the basic foundations while God builds on that.

In 50 years I have spoken and been invited to more churches that I can remember. I have never to this day ever asked a Pastor what he thought on anything and if there was something he did not want me to approach. If he did........I would have said.......GOOD BYE! My point is.......since when do we as preachers ask another man what his thoughts are and his understanding of Bible doctrine is so that "IF" we preach by invitation we do not say something that would offend him?

Hello, Major;

I would like to add that if a Pastor invites another Pastor to preach it would only be on the basis of "already knowing and having discernment" as well as the leading of the Holy Spirit with the guest preacher.

I'm not going to invite someone to preach just because I'm a nice guy, that's irresponsible...
We're not playing church! but seriously serving God.

As Lanolin posted, "It's a huge responsibility to preach the Bible," which is just part of the overall responsibility of the Pastor as He oversees and protects his church family.

Thank you, Lanolin, preaching is a huge responsibility and the preacher at one time also had to grasp the basic foundations while God builds on that.

Hello, Major;

I would like to add that if a Pastor invites another Pastor to preach it would only be on the basis of "already knowing and having discernment" as well as the leading of the Holy Spirit with the guest preacher.

I'm not going to invite someone to preach just because I'm a nice guy, that's irresponsible...
We're not playing church! but seriously serving God.

As Lanolin posted, "It's a huge responsibility to preach the Bible," which is just part of the overall responsibility of the Pastor as He oversees and protects his church family.

Agreed.

STAFF CAUTION: Several members have started to engage in behavior that is not acceptable. Post Moderation has been enacted and some members will not be able to post at CFS without their content being reviewed first.

Please read forum Rules 2.1, 3.1, 3.2b and 3.3a.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Hello brothers and sisters;

These last weeks there have been in my view, some great posts and discussion in the areas of our faith, doctrinal issues, Bible studies and reference to Biblical texts from scholars and authors.

One thing that stood out made me want to question for discussion. Do you believe the Bible is accurate, meaning that it's God breathed, that He anointed his servants in the Old and New Testaments to write the books?

Do you believe the scholars and authors are the authorities who confirm the credibility of the Books and Passages of the Bible?

For example, I stand in accord and follow Peter's teaching in 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

For my own study, I trust and rely on the Written Word, especially when Jesus' Passages are in red, and then will use the Biblical text as a reference and support of the Bible. My reading is continuous and am always learning as well as being corrected.

Please let me know your thoughts. God bless you and your families.
The real question is are the scriptures fully or partially inspired, and I choose full!

Back