Jesus Or God Or Both?

When the bible says only true God, It's signifiying that their is only one God we should devote ourselves to. There is clearly other gods because the bible mentions them such a Satan Baal ect.
How do you explain the whole chapter of John 17? It wouldnt make sense for Jesus to dedicate a whole chapter to talking to himself.

not to Himsel, but to another part of God ..

yet here John turns right around and call Jesus God ..
Jhn 1:18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him
This is telling me anything. The angels are also called godlike ones. Techinally they're gods aswell. Doesnt mean that they should be worshipped as the ONLY true god.

Jhn 5:44 “How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only God?

yet here John turns right around and call Jesus God ..
Jhn 1:18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him

When the bible says only true God, It's signifiying that their is only one God we should devote ourselves to. There is clearly other gods.

so the Father is "God" and Jesus is "a god" ???
that is what Mormons believe .. are you ???

not to himself .. another independent part of God ..
Ephesians 1:3
Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for he has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in union with Christ,

Ephesians 1:16,17
never stop giving thanks for you. I continue mentioning you in my prayers,17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the accurate knowledge of him.
This is clear indication that Jesus Has a God and isnt an independant part of God,

being called a god does not a god make ..
only God has the power to create ..

BTW: Belteshazzar was Daniel and Daniel was a man ..

Dan 4:8 “But finally Daniel came in before me, whose name is Belteshazzar according to the name of my god, and in whom is a spirit of the holy gods; and I related the dream fnto him,
Dan 4:9 ‘O Belteshazzar, chief of the magicians, since I know that a spirit of the holy gods is in you and no mystery baffles you, tell me the visions of my dream which I have seen, along with its interpretation.

that is him recognizing Daniel had the indwelling of the Holy Spirit ..

Last edited:
BTW: Belteshazzar was Daniel and Daniel was a man ..

Dan 4:8 “But finally Daniel came in before me, whose name is Belteshazzar according to the name of my god, and in whom is a spirit of the holy gods; and I related the dream fnto him,
"whose name is Belteshazzar according to the name of my god"

Edit: Just realised Belteshazzar was Daniels new name, but the name of the God he was named after was Bel. Better known as marduk.

exactly .. Bel-teshazzar
I'm only guessing, but I think teshazzar means righteous ..
Bel and the Dragon .. ever read it ???

exactly .. Bel-teshazzar
I'm only guessing, but I think teshazzar means righteous ..
Bel and the Dragon .. ever read it ???
a couple sources says belteshazzar means prince of Bel or Bel protect the king/Protect the life of the king.
Apparently belshazzar means the same thing.

Last edited:
Back