Last Will And Testament Of Jesus

The Two sum up, not replace, the Ten, for James said 30 years after the Cross that adultery and murder were still sin. "Covenant of Grace", along with "The Two replace the Ten", are two phrases that are used to advance the false narrative that we are now at liberty to break the Ten Commandments that God writes on New Covenant Christian hearts. When you get down to it, Christians don't have a problem with 9 of them, it's just that fourth one - to the point that they will even argue that we are free to keep doing what made necessary the death of our Lord. Jesus has shocking words in the last day for those who believe and teach that we can erase what the Holy Spirit writes on the hearts of New Covenant Christians (Matthew 7:23).

Proverbs 10:12 (NASB)
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

1 Peter 4:8 (NASB)

Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins.

Hello? If you are loving those whom you are instructed to love, you WILL NOT break the 10 commandments.

Oh and the 10 commandments do not encompas the entire law. There are 613 mitzvot or laws, not just 10.

http://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm - this will take you to a complete list and trust me, no one is keeping them all.

Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins.

Hello? If you are loving those whom you are instructed to love, you WILL NOT break the 10 commandments.

Oh and the 10 commandments do not encompas the entire law. There are 613 mitzvot or laws, not just 10.

http://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm - this will take you to a complete list and trust me, no one is keeping them all.

I love reading thru that link!! Thanks for it. I dunno why I never thought to look before...it was illuminating.

We're in full agreement that love is the fulfilling of the law and boy do we need more of that nowadays.

We must recognize that the Bible differentiates between the law written by the hand of Moses and the law by the finger of God. One example is the fact that the tables of stone were placed INSIDE the Ark while the paper scrolls of Moses were placed on the SIDE of the Ark "for a witness AGAINST thee". What law was nailed to the Cross? "The handwriting of ordinances that was AGAINST us." Paul says that it was what God wrote on stone that He promised to write on the hearts of New Covenant Christians and if we love Jesus, we'll by His grace keep them all.

Suggested reading; Matthew 22:36-40
It seems that you believe the Holy Spirit writes "Thou shalt love God" and "Thou shalt love thy neighbor" on the hearts of New Covenant Christians. I agree 100%. New Covenant Christians do not knowingly have other gods before the Lord or break the Sabbath, and don't murder their neighbor or sleep with his wife.

Last edited:
Surrendered New Covenant Christians obey, by the grace of God, the Ten Commandments that He has written on their hearts and those who refuse to surrender to Him will not see the kingdom of God, seeing that they have surrendered to their own selfish desire for Sunday sacredness rather than the Holy Spirit's penmanship.

Surrendered New Covenant Christians obey, by the grace of God, the Ten Commandments that He has written on their hearts and those who refuse to surrender to Him will not see the kingdom of God, seeing that they have surrendered to their own selfish desire for Sunday sacredness rather than the Holy Spirit's penmanship.
So are you saying believers who go to church any day but Sat will go to hell?

So are you saying believers who go to church any day but Sat will go to hell?
Not at all, my brother, lest I set myself up in place of Christ ("AntiChrist") as a judge. What I'm saying is that God still winks at ignorance as in Acts 17:30. Although I'm prepared to defend all Ten Commandments written on the hearts of New Covenant Christians, the mere presentation of such a defense is nothing more than sown seed. It is then the John 16:8 work of the Holy Spirit to convict the hearts of those to whom truth has come that (1) they are in sin (2) they must surrender their will to God and receive power to walk in righteousness (3) they will be judged according to their works.

The Bible says there is but one end for those who refuse to completely surrender their whole heart to God: "Know ye not to whom ye yield (surrender) yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey, whether sin unto death, or obedience unto righteousness." Romans 6:16

Not at all, my brother, lest I set myself up in place of Christ ("AntiChrist") as a judge. What I'm saying is that God still winks at ignorance as in Acts 17:30. Although I'm prepared to defend all Ten Commandments written on the hearts of New Covenant Christians, the mere presentation of such a defense is nothing more than sown seed. It is then the John 16:8 work of the Holy Spirit to convict the hearts of those to whom truth has come that (1) they are in sin (2) they must surrender their will to God and receive power to walk in righteousness (3) they will be judged according to their works.

The Bible says there is but one end for those who refuse to completely surrender their whole heart to God: "Know ye not to whom ye yield (surrender) yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey, whether sin unto death, or obedience unto righteousness." Romans 6:16
In your post you put the ten commandments and complete surrender to God in the same sentence and then go on to say they will not see the kingdom of God. This in itself implies if a Christian doesn't follow the Sabbath on Saturday then they aren't surrendering to God and therefore won't enter the kingdom of heaven.

1. God promised to the partakers of the New Covenant that:
  • He would write His laws "in their minds and on their hearts." (Hebrews 8:10)
  • He would write in their hearts that which He'd previously written in stone (the Ten Commandments). (2 Cor. 3:3)
  • we can declare as Jesus did: "I delight to do Thy will, yea, Thy law is within My heart." (Psalms 40:8)
2. Just as the blood of a beast ratified the Old Covenant, the blood of Jesus ratified the New Covenant. (Matt. 26:28)

3. Whatsoever was to be part of the New Covenant had to be added before it was ratified b/c:
  • "if (a covenant) be confirmed, no man can disannuleth or addeth thereto". (Galatians 3:15)
  • "For a testament is of force after men are dead otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth." (Hebrews 9:16)

Jesus died on Friday, which means that Sunday keeping, even if begun on Resurrection morning, would have begun 2 days too late to be part of the New Covenant - which means the seventh day Sabbath of the Ten Commandments which are supposed to found written in the hearts of New Covenant Christians is still God's only New Covenant day of rest and Sunday observance is founded upon tradition of the Roman Catholic Church alone, according to their very own admission.

Jesus says, "If ye love Me, keep My commandments."

Here we go again Phoneman. Don't you have a desire to think about or talk about other Bible issues than the same old one ???????

Here we go again Phoneman. Don't you have a desire to think about or talk about other Bible issues than the same old one ???????
Major, I take Jesus' warning in Matthew 7:23 seriously. The churches are full of unconverted souls professing Christianity who will be shocked in the last day to learn that they were seduced by false prophets preaching false doctrines which say willful, known sin (iniquity) against the very Ten Commandments which the Holy Spirit writes on the hearts of true New Covenant Christians is acceptable in the sight of God, when Jesus Himself says those who work iniquity are even now unknown to Him.

Back