Legit Question

Mario...my brother...you misunderstood my point...

The Cruz comment was to show how God uses different people for any of His manifold purposes (as He wills) and that it takes all kinds to reach the maximum number of souls.

Also, I am not saying toss the Bible and and adhere to a creed...but that there are beliefs all who are in Christ hold in common...God/Christ alone makes us a "Christian" but all who are truly "Christian" believe these things...

One God, the Son was sent to redeem/ransom us...He was born INCARNATE through the virgin Mary, suffered and died under Pilate, bodily rose again, has been glorified, and sits at the right hand and is coming again to judge the quick and the dead...Christ died for our sins and without the remission there is no rebirth (which is required for entrance into the Kingdom)...and so on...

We all believe these things whether RC (which I clearly am not)...Baptist, Reformed, Methodist, etc., (in all denominations these things are the non-denominational level ground in Christ)....confessing the Nicene Creed does not equal "Christian" or "RCC" since the denomination called the RCC did not come till around a century later...there was a church (body of called out believers) in Rome since Paul and Peter were there (or even since before them) but that is not THE RCc as there were many other Apostolically founded local bodies (Corinth, Ephesus, Alexandria, Antioch, Smyrna)....there was ZERO denominational RCC when the Apostles Creed was constructed so that those (the masses) nor able to read the Scriptures could memorize these essential agreements.

So the purpose was to say God needs all kinds of people at all kinds of levels (all who are genuinely born from above are being eventually conformed to the image of His Son) to reach the unsaved world...

Do you disagree with this premise? I see it even here, but maybe some think the only true "Christians" used by God are the RCC priests or the squeaky clean Billy Graham types (not a dig on BG, he was a godly man used very powerfully....but so isn't a Frankie Cruz...) or only those who adhere to their doctrinal understanding exclusively (I have met some Calvinists like this, trust me...)

Hope this helped clear up the misunderstanding...

Paul

Mario...my brother...you misunderstood my point...
The Cruz comment was to show how God uses different people for any of His manifold purposes (as He wills) and that it takes all kinds to reach the maximum number of souls.
Also, I am not saying toss the Bible and and adhere to a creed...but that there are beliefs all who are in Christ hold in common...God/Christ alone makes us a "Christian" but all who are truly "Christian" believe these things...
One God, the Son was sent to redeem/ransom us...He was born INCARNATE through the virgin Mary, suffered and died under Pilate, bodily rose again, has been glorified, and sits at the right hand and is coming again to judge the quick and the dead...Christ died for our sins and without the remission there is no rebirth (which is required for entrance into the Kingdom)...and so on...
We all believe these things whether RC (which I clearly am not)...Baptist, Reformed, Methodist, etc., (in all denominations these things are the non-denominational level ground in Christ)....confessing the Nicene Creed does not equal "Christian" or "RCC" since the denomination called the RCC did not come till around a century later...there was a church (body of called out believers) in Rome since Paul and Peter were there (or even since before them) but that is not THE RCc as there were many other Apostolically founded local bodies (Corinth, Ephesus, Alexandria, Antioch, Smyrna)....there was ZERO denominational RCC when the Apostles Creed was constructed so that those (the masses) nor able to read the Scriptures could memorize these essential agreements.
So the purpose was to say God needs all kinds of people at all kinds of levels (all who are genuinely born from above are being eventually conformed to the image of His Son) to reach the unsaved world...
Do you disagree with this premise? I see it even here, but maybe some think the only true "Christians" used by God are the RCC priests or the squeaky clean Billy Graham types (not a dig on BG, he was a godly man used very powerfully....but so isn't a Frankie Cruz...) or only those who adhere to their doctrinal understanding exclusively (I have met some Calvinists like this, trust me...)
Hope this helped clear up the misunderstanding... Paul

I see. but my thoughts still stand. As for this post...

Someone here said, as do the scriptures, that God can use a donkey...well, yes. So as far as all the people and denominations are concerned, God will use anyone who is available: whether or not they are obedient. But I believe this: the more obedient, the faster the conversion. Now this.

"Now the Lord God took man, and put him into the garden...commanded the man, saying, 'Of every tree in the garden you may freely eat: but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof, you shall surely die.' "
All the denoms you mentioned are partaking of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Yes, we all adhere to some truth: but that cannot make anyone righteous; I believe we are only as good as some donkeys.

As far as disagreeing "with the premise", we must look to the Law of Creation, #3: " Let the waters under heaven be gathered together...let the dry appear...Let the earth bring forth grass, the herbs yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself...". So we see denoms yielding fruit after their kind. They are producing children after themselves
("...after their kind...") but not necessarily "...sons of God...". It is mass (no pun intended) confusion. Yet the Lord can use the little truth the denoms have to call men unto Himself. Now I will say this:

The last calling is equally as important as the first calling. The first calling is: "Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter you not: but go, rather, to the lost sheep of the house of Israel . And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.' Heal the sick, cleanse the leper, cast out devils: freely you have received, freely give." So it is the same calling that Abraham received: and Abraham obeyed and left his country, his family and his father's house.
The last calling is the same: "And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, 'Come out of her my people; that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues.' " The Lord God is calling us, even now, out of the confusion that is in the denominations. And I will say this, also: we are not called to believe in the trinity for salvation: we are called to believe in "...a NAME that is above every name that is named."

Candelario Mario Villa

Denoms or no denoms only God can make a person righteous (and only His righteousness bequeathed exceeds that of the scribes and pharisees) and it is His sovereign design is to make or declare one righteous through faith (according to the scriptures)...there are genuinely saved Spirit born children of God in all the denominations (they are not all deceived or condemned, though I do not know if thats what you meant). There are also make-believers who think they are saved, as well as non-believers (tares or unwise virgins) who will eventually be known by their fruits (He never knew them). So though I agree that denominations were not what Jesus or the Apostles taught (or what God may have intended but merely allowed knowing sinful man) we cannot throw the proverbial baby out with the bath water. God knows them that are His so unless they are blatantly living a life of sin I kinds leave that to him, but that's me I suppose.

It kind of bothers me as when i explain to somebody from another church that i have my faith and attend a church where i am more than happy, i dont always get a good response off them although i am polite with why they are evangelising. One thing the church i go to would point out is that it is the ones that dont know God and are unsaved that we should really be evangelising to and not other christians. I have mentioned that to a particular person that why di churches have to be against churches it seems . Some dont like it f you belong to a church they dont attend.

Denoms or no denoms only God can make a person righteous (and only His righteousness bequeathed exceeds that of the scribes and pharisees) and it is His sovereign design is to make or declare one righteous through faith (according to the scriptures)...there are genuinely saved Spirit born children of God in all the denominations (they are not all deceived or condemned, though I do not know if thats what you meant). There are also make-believers who think they are saved, as well as non-believers (tares or unwise virgins) who will eventually be known by their fruits (He never knew them). So though I agree that denominations were not what Jesus or the Apostles taught (or what God may have intended but merely allowed knowing sinful man) we cannot throw the proverbial baby out with the bath water. God knows them that are His so unless they are blatantly living a life of sin I kinds leave that to him, but that's me I suppose.

Yes: I believe that the Lord has people all over the world, in spite of the denominations, and the False Church.
I would not worry about the make-believers: they have who will judge them. What many have neglected to understand is that
everything that takes place is for man to exercise his free will...and choose.

"Nevertheless, the foundation of God stands sure having this seal: 'The Lord knows them that are His'. And, 'Let everyone that names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.' "

Has anyone noticed: the call is to depart from iniquity.

Yes: I believe that the Lord has people all over the world, in spite of the denominations, and the False Church.
I would not worry about the make-believers: they have who will judge them. What many have neglected to understand is that
everything that takes place is for man to exercise his free will...and choose.

"Nevertheless, the foundation of God stands sure having this seal: 'The Lord knows them that are His'. And, 'Let everyone that names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.' "

Has anyone noticed: the call is to depart from iniquity.

Yes of course, many here have done so....what is the point?

I was thinking that there is a greater consequence for iniquity. Sin can be through ignorance; iniquity is in spite of the
knowledge of the Truth.

Okay! Let's say that is correct...again what is the point? Are saying most other "alleged" Christians are not nand they practice sin and live in iniquity? Just for fun, not counting yourself (which I think you do not count yourself as a sinner or as iniquitous), what percentage of Posters here would you GUESS "practice sin" or are iniquitous?

Okay! Let's say that is correct...again what is the point? Are saying most other "alleged" Christians are not nand they practice sin and live in iniquity? Just for fun, not counting yourself (which I think you do not count yourself as a sinner or as iniquitous), what percentage of Posters here would you GUESS "practice sin" or are iniquitous?

How could I know that, even whether or not it's true? I would have to assume, even as you seem to be assuming my thoughts and intentions. I only stated something that I feel is true, just like many here also have, and...?

Back