Lets Get Cfs Back To Friendly

First I never accused you: that is your own thoughts.

Debate those you find abhorrent, report those you find "evil", but kick out ones you don't like "doctrinally"?

That's NOT discussion, that's fear, IMO.

You want to bad folks that teach "false doctrine", yet you have yet to fully answer my post #55.
You addressed one point (non-Protestants)...I gave a long list...Where will you draw a line on proper doctrine?

EVERYONE here says they follow the Bible, so please: that's not answer enough for me.

I did address your question. The line, my friend is in the Bible. pick it up and read it.

Well, reading through this thread there seems to be a MAJOR doctrinal principle missing.....

I agree there is a benefit from trying to help young or weak in the faith believers through correct Scriptural teachings in love, but, when there are prideful, arrogant, holier than thou responses or hurt feelings demanding an apology, then that's the flesh, coming from a baby or child in Christ, we are commanded to crucify the flesh and it's desires and to walk in the Spirit, to reckon the old man dead, .......dead men don't have feelings!

Gene

Last edited:
I agree with major actually. I have observed a lot of false doctrine on this boards. Now, I don't think we should be attacking those who are promoting it-but we should have the right to challenge it, and they keep pushing false doctrine, then they need to be removed-After all, as Christians, we need to stand on the Bible-if we cannot stand on the Bible, and false doctrine is allowed in, then what good is the church? what good is a forums? if we allow false doctrine to be preached, unchallenged?

As Major has been on my ignore list from the get go, I never read his posts so can't agree or disagree, but the OP is about CFS getting BACK to friendly. I haven't seen anything to indicate it has departed from that unless of course those who feel they are disagreed with treat that as unfriendly?
I agree that I see FALSE doctrine on here, but that is on ALL Forums, and no more so on CFS than any other Christian forum.
I don't see that ANYONE has been sanctioned to NOT pursue what they view as false doctrine. The mods have closed threads that get heated or contentious, but that is their right and NOTHING can be done about that.
Maybe you should start a thread or three about those perceived false doctrines and see what happens? I am MORE than happy to contribute to ANY thread that will deal with false doctrine.

Well, reading through this thread there seems to be a MAJOR doctrinal principle missing.....

I agree there is a benefit from trying to help young or weak in the faith believers through correct Scriptural teachings in love, but, when there are prideful, arrogant, holier than thou responses or hurt feelings demanding an apology, then that's the flesh, coming from a baby or child in Christ, we are commanded to crucify the flesh and it's desires and to walk in the Spirit, to reckon the old man dead, .......dead men don't have feelings!

Gene

Dead men also don't post of forums!

and rusty, we dont need a church police force to decide what is heresy and what is not, we have the Bible, it spells out what is heresy, and what is not. We need to address, and challenge heresy, whether its in our local church, whether its on a online forum, or even at work-false doctrine is false doctrine nonetheless, and a lot of people, are actually learning online.

I will say, however, your statement church is not a business, and marriage is not a business, not only is that a true statement, I fully agree. They are both relationships. We need to build relationships in everything we do, with everyone we meet. We need to challenge heresy, but its best done in love, best to build a relationship and show them the error in their ways lovingly, but there also has to be a line drawn in the sand-and if that line is not drawn, bad doctrine will spread like a weed, and many young christians may be led astray. And its better to offend and ban a few false prophets-then to lose the least of these.

If I may interject, how is that BIBLE thing working for you? We ALL have the Bible and there are many opinions. What I see as Biblical is NOT always accepted by others. Do you think CFS should have a statement of faith and then boot whoever does not agree with it?
My experience over the last 6-8 years on forums is that NEW/BABY Christians do not go on forums, or they avoid contentious threads because they don't have the knowledge, so how exactly can it be detrimental for them?

I have know very few heretics, and they have NEVER responded to Christian love. Read up on the Pharisees.

stan yes we all have different opinions. And thats ok. There have been many, good, solid Biblical discussions on this board that Ive seen where we have seen two people of different viewpoints on the same passage collide, and thats a good thing-it usually leads to both sides learning from something-even if they dont agree. Im not speaking about stuff like that, I never had a problem with that, perhaps I should have been more clear. Respectful debate, I think should always be encouraged, and never discouraged. So please, stop trying to make it sound like I want everyone who disagrees with me banned-I have never said that, I am not saying that, and I never will say that. And if you think that, you are either misunderstanding what I am saying, or are completly making stuff up.

The people I refer to, are the obvious false prophets-those who do not come to debate, but to spread obvious false truths, who teach it but will not debate it-who will instead look down upon anyone who argues with disdain and insult them. I will list some examples-some I have seen on this board, and some I have seen other places-many who preach that planet X is coming towards us and will destroy us, obvious cults, mother mary is some kind of diety standing naked on the moon, just to name a few. And even here, Im ok with polite debate between people of different views-but when it comes to a person standing, teaching, on a high horse like it is 100% fact and all else are heathans, those are the ones that need to go.

well rusty, I am under the impression I already have answered it. If you something I have not, perhaps clarify what I have not and I will.

And second, I just mentioned a couple of examples, and clarified what I think should be allowed and not-perhaps you should read all of my post, maybe it will clear up any of your misunderstandings. And I am not going to sit here and point fingers on here. Thats rather childish, dont you think?

to address you first concern. Again, I was under the impression I answered them. If you think I did not, then repeat the ones you want me to answer, if not, then stop pushing me about them because you obviously do not want me to answer them, you just want to raise contention.

Two. I did specifically list a few points that I thought of were heresy, one of them was a major bone of contention some months back, and Im pretty sure at least some of the major contributers of this thread-and possibly even you-were involved in said debate. But no, I am not going to sit here and point fingers. Like I said, that is childish. I also have said, I have no problem with polite debate of heresies in the proper forum, I have also clearly outlined what should not be allowed-so maybe you should do what your accusing me of not doing, and actually reading my entire posts

Thirdly. Its none of your business whether Ive reported any of them or not, and the only reason for it to even be a factor in this debate, is dirt for you to win-which isn't what I call a good clean debate. So if your going to play dirty, then this debate is over-perhaps it is good that the admins dont allow heated debates on this site, if after all no one can read anothers comment all the way through, and put words in the others mouths, and play dirty, just to win.

Respectful debate, I think should always be encouraged, and never discouraged. So please, stop trying to make it sound like I want everyone who disagrees with me banned-I have never said that, I am not saying that, and I never will say that. And if you think that, you are either misunderstanding what I am saying, or are completely making stuff up.

Well there you go. From respectful to accusatory in one sentence. How exactly does THAT work? I asked you if you thought CFS should do something, and you go and accuse me of saying something I did NOT. How exactly do you plan on having ANY respectful debates when you can't even get simple responses straight?

The people I refer to, are the obvious false prophets-those who do not come to debate, but to spread obvious false truths, who teach it but will not debate it-who will instead look down upon anyone who argues with disdain and insult them. I will list some examples-some I have seen on this board, and some I have seen other places-many who preach that planet X is coming towards us and will destroy us, obvious cults, mother mary is some kind of diety standing naked on the moon, just to name a few. And even here, Im ok with polite debate between people of different views-but when it comes to a person standing, teaching, on a high horse like it is 100% fact and all else are heathans, those are the ones that need to go.

Sorry but that just sounds like a rant. Please do go ahead and post a concrete OP about false teaching on CFS. Don't really care about other sites or YouTube videos. BTW, polite debate does NOT entail calling people false teachers or heretics, unless you can support IN scripture, that it IS false teaching, so I look forward to your posts. Please let me know when your post an OP.
Thanks

to address you first concern. Again, I was under the impression I answered them. If you think I did not, then repeat the ones you want me to answer, if not, then stop pushing me about them because you obviously do not want me to answer them, you just want to raise contention.

Two. I did specifically list a few points that I thought of were heresy, one of them was a major bone of contention some months back, and Im pretty sure at least some of the major contributers of this thread-and possibly even you-were involved in said debate. But no, I am not going to sit here and point fingers. Like I said, that is childish. I also have said, I have no problem with polite debate of heresies in the proper forum, I have also clearly outlined what should not be allowed-so maybe you should do what your accusing me of not doing, and actually reading my entire posts

Thirdly. Its none of your business whether Ive reported any of them or not, and the only reason for it to even be a factor in this debate, is dirt for you to win-which isn't what I call a good clean debate. So if your going to play dirty, then this debate is over-perhaps it is good that the admins dont allow heated debates on this site, if after all no one can read anothers comment all the way through, and put words in the others mouths, and play dirty, just to win.

Well admittedly I speed read this thread from your posts on, but I didn't see anything substantial that addressed Rusty's concerns or even yours. The point is that you should post an OP, with your concerns clearly defined AND addressed, then hopefully, POLITE debate can ensue from there. Right now this is just going in circles.

As Major has been on my ignore list from the get go, I never read his posts so can't agree or disagree, but the OP is about CFS getting BACK to friendly. I haven't seen anything to indicate it has departed from that unless of course those who feel they are disagreed with treat that as unfriendly?
I agree that I see FALSE doctrine on here, but that is on ALL Forums, and no more so on CFS than any other Christian forum.
I don't see that ANYONE has been sanctioned to NOT pursue what they view as false doctrine. The mods have closed threads that get heated or contentious, but that is their right and NOTHING can be done about that.
Maybe you should start a thread or three about those perceived false doctrines and see what happens? I am MORE than happy to contribute to ANY thread that will deal with false doctrine.

LOL.......Funny, funny funny stuff!!! Stan says that like he is the only one who has used the "ignore" option. LOL!!!

Stan said............
"I haven't seen anything to indicate it has departed from that unless of course those who feel they are disagreed with treat that as unfriendly?"

That one comment proves exactly what I said!!!!!!

There was no need for the personal comment from Stan that.................
"As Major has been on my ignore list from the get go, I never read his posts so can't agree or disagree, but the OP is about CFS getting BACK to friendly."

But as all can see and read, Stan just could not resist the opportunity to belittle another believer completly ignoring the directions of the Bible and making such a comment.

Galatians 6:10 says........
"As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith."

Owing to the certainity of being divinely rewarded by God, we as believers are urged to seize each opportunity to do good.

Contextually then, doing good refers to the ministry of......
1. Restoration, bearing one another's burdens.
2. Supporting teachers.
3. Sowing to the Spirit.
4. General perserverance.
5. Believers are to mnister 1st to the ones who are of the household of faith (Christians).

Gentlemen..........Is that what we are doing here???? Are we as believers doing good by attacking and pointing out the perceived faults of others????

My call, my prayer and wish is that we all would forgive one another and begin to be united in Christian love and leave these comments of the carnal flesh behind us and set the example of Christian brotherhood for all to see.

Ephesians 5:1-2 says......
"Be ye therefore followers of God as dear children. and walk in love as Christ also hath loved us, and given Himself for us an offering and sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savor. "

And that has been my main point all along!
Folks who do not want to be disagreed with or shown how they are disagreed with by others get all huffy and call folks arrogant.
A CHRISTIAN forum is about sharing ideas, NOT a mutual back patting club, or cheer leading squad. If a "mature" Christian cannot take his opinion being examined on the Internet, God help him in the real world.

Nope. When I call someone arrogant, it is because their actions have proved that point.

I have said on this forum more times than I can remember that if you do not agree with me......FINE!
Say so, be a man and speak clearly and then we can move on. It become a problem for me when childish, silly and uncalled for comment are made in a personal nature that have no business being in the conversation.

Example of such.........
"Folks who do not want to be disagreed with or shown how they are disagreed with by others get all huffy and call folks arrogant."

That is un-called for and is out of line and has no need to even have been said. But it seems that the flesh is weak and it was said.

No matter...........it is of no concern to me.

This is the OP....

"Being nice" is becoming very hard for some folks here. There is a distinct "grudge match" attitude among those that will not accept that others can have ideas different from their own.

Sad really.

You are absolutly correct! I do not know who you are referring to, but from me to you, Your opinions have differed from some of mine.

That is to be expected among all people. My only problem is the WHY things are said and the personal nature that seems to always come attached with some comments. You can disagree with ME anytime you want to over anything you want and I will do the same with you. BUT.......I will make sure that what I say will be of proper Christian behavior and not from a personal agenda of some kind.

Ephesians 4:25- 32 is a section of Scripture that gives practical guidelines as how to act, and behave and actually how we can lay aside the "oldman" and conform to the new life we have in Christ for all others to observe.

"Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:27 Neither give place to the devil.
28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."

May the Lord bless the reading of His Word!

...Yeah it is Stan...

Patriot: See my post #66 and the original post # 55....There are 10 points that some find heretical.
You indicated ONLY your concerns about question about my banning non-Protestants....which you objected to, YET went on about Marian apparitions. Can't see how you can separate the two, frankly.

You say there are heathens here, but refuse to say where or even if you have been proactive in reporting them....Wow! So why the soapbox now???

If you were so concerned about "dirt", why not address others that throw dirt on missionaries?

Friendly debate does not mean conformity to anyone's doctrine: it means compromise and acceptance that other Christians may see things differently from you.....without being heretics.

YES.........Agreed! FRIENDLY debate and the key here is the word FRIENDLY. Shall we also add, Love and compassion to that????

I am for that 100%.

Than as for throwing dirt on missionaries. you Rusty must know that the Bible clearly tells us that we receive whatsoever we sow. If we keep our hand in the dirt all we will ever have is dirty hands.

Again.......I call on all people reading these words to just take a step back, take a deep breath and cast off all bitterness, anger and malice which might be in our hearts and then let us all begin a new day in Christian love and obedience.

Titus 2:7-8
"In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you."

Allow me to be the first to do this...............hopeing that is will begin a new day centered in the Love of Christ and not on ourselves.

Rusty......Stan and anyone else that might be affected, You have my apology where you have been offended by me.
If I have said anything of a personal nature that hurt your feelings, I am deeply sorry. I want us to be caring and loving one to another without animosity or jealousey.

Disgree at times.....YES, but shall we from this point on agree to not be disagreeable?????????

Who will be next???

A few years ago CFS used to be a place where you could fellowship, discuss, laugh, share stuff without the fear of being attacked by a fellow member. Now that we have grown to 7000+ plus members, we no longer have that atmosphere here. I want to encourage all members here to post in the nicest way possible also encouraging others to do so. Let's all behave like one family - children of God. Our staff is there to assist whenever you need help.

Very laudable goals Jeff but practically impossible for a public forum unless you can afford to police it constantly. I just left another forum because the owners were NOT willing to proactively moderate which basically left it up to COMPLAINERS to report what they didn't like. Ended up with tribal leaders that people were intimidated by. and IF you complained they would tell you to be more Christlike and generous of other people views. Those people quickly learned to report everything they could to cause problems for members they didn't like or agree with. IF all members were of equal knowledge and Christ likeness, this would be very possible. The problem is they are NOT. My experience on many forums I have been on over the last 6-8 years, is that there are just as many if not more hypocrites on public forums as there are in a local congregation. To assume CFS does not have it fair share of trolls is a mistake. Just debate with someone for a while and you will see their style and inflexibility, despite the evidence to the contrary. I don't envy CFS staff for all the mediation they have to do, but it is a necessary part, IMO, of running a modern day Christian forum. This forum is very polite given some I've been on like CARM and TOL, who are decidedly biased in their moderating, admin and acceptance.

As I am now only on this Forum, I will endeavour to follow your exhortation here, but just like Jesus did to Peter, sometimes I have to call a spade a spade.

I really do try to practice 2 Tim 3:16 but I am human and do get angry sometimes.

Back