Liberal Theology?

Well...for the time being.

The RCC, like the SBC and so many other denominations, will ultimately fall headlong into the abyss of deeper and more profound wickedness. As I had said before, all that man has created by his own strength and origination, will become corrupted. The RCC is a creation of men, as are all the other denominations and religions. The (C)hurch, which is not defined by mortar, brick, stone, wood and steel, steeples, bells, organs, parking lots, pulpits, programs, et al, the (C)hurch is a creation of God, and will never countenance the entry of any who are not born again.

MM

Additionally: In the (C)hurch, there will never be any voting about anything. There will be no votes in support of articles packed with hidden agendas, leaders claiming to be vicars of Christ who issue wicked and evil doctrines in the presumed "ex cathedra" under the assumption they are speaking for God among men, et al. The trappings of man-made religion are not at play anywhere within the the REAL (C)hurch with Christ Jesus as the ever-present Head, and Who has no need for earthly representatives in the place of His personal relationship with each and every born again believer. He sent His Holy Spirit to us, for crying out loud! What need have we for anyone to pretend they are the sole representatives of Christ on this earth?!? That's a total and flat denial for the existence and work of Holy Spirit in each and every life that belongs to the Lord. All others are those who make themselves subject to the rule and rules of men. Truly born again followers of Christ Jesus are those who are seen as "lone star" Christians refusing to ride the religious bandwagon to Hell.

MM

A stolen election isn't a matter of this nation having voted him in there. The debate over election fraud is still ongoing and unresolved, having had so much evidence behind the proof for its existence...

MM

No argument from me.

All I am saying is that if all the christians who say that they are opposed to abortion had actually voted against a man who is for total abortion....Mickey Mouse "Should" have won.

The relationship between liberal theologians/pastors and parishioners is one of the blind leading the blind. The God of this age has made them blind to the truth. Thank God that the truth of Scripture is self-authenticating to God's elect people.

Amen my brother! Amen!

And just to prove that point....the Southern Baptist Convention just elected a president who believes and teaches in his church "Parallelism".

Who would have thunk such a thing??????

Ok, ok, I give up. What is parallelism? Is it like two blind people walking side-by-side, never bumping into each other?
Good question brother. Ed Litton, the new Southern Baptist President, is the pastor of Redemption Church in Saraland, AL. And Redemption Church subscribes–at least according to their website–to a heretical view of the Trinity known as partialism.

My apologies as I spelled it wrong in the post.

Partialism, as opposed to the orthodox view of the Trinity that acknowledges the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit each as fully God, instead teaches that each person of the Trinity is a “part” of God.

It is a little challenging but in my humble opinion, it is not Biblically rooted and is in fact heretical.

Partialism then is a flawed view of God that suggests that the three members of the Trinity are each “100 percent God” but not “100 percent of God.” You have to let that sink in for just a moment which is why so many people just ignore it.

As an analogy, partialism would point out that the Atlantic Ocean is 100 percent water, and the Pacific Ocean is 100 percent water, but the Atlantic Ocean by itself is not 100 percent of all the water that exists. According to partialism, each Person of the Trinity is 100 percent divine in nature, but God is only God when, where, and if all three Persons are unified. Now logically then if we extend that teaching to its conclusion it would extend this idea by stating that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are each “1/3 of God.”

Based on that fact we as a SBC church are right now in the process of investigating and considering the withdrawal from the SBC as this in our opinion would be a drastic step to the liberal side of theology.

Good question brother. Ed Litton, the new Southern Baptist President, is the pastor of Redemption Church in Saraland, AL. And Redemption Church subscribes–at least according to their website–to a heretical view of the Trinity known as partialism.

Partialism, as opposed to the orthodox view of the Trinity that acknowledges the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit each as fully God, instead teaches that each person of the Trinity is a “part” of God.

It is a little challenging but in my humble opinion, it is not Biblically rooted and is in fact heretical.

Partialism then is a flawed view of God that suggests that the three members of the Trinity are each “100 percent God” but not “100 percent of God.” You have to let that sink in for just a moment which is why so many people just ignore it.

As an analogy, partialism would point out that the Atlantic Ocean is 100 percent water, and the Pacific Ocean is 100 percent water, but the Atlantic Ocean by itself is not 100 percent of all the water that exists. According to partialism, each Person of the Trinity is 100 percent divine in nature, but God is only God when, where, and if all three Persons are unified. Now logically then if we extend that teaching to its conclusion it would extend this idea by stating that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are each “1/3 of God.”

Based on that fact we as a SBC church are right now in the process of investigating and considering the withdrawal from the SBC as this in our opinion would be a drastic step to the liberal side of theology.

I'd have to go back into the rules to see if discussion about the trinity is allowed. What you've revealed about that dude's beliefs is problematic. How any Cemetery Professor could arrive at such a conclusion is beyond me. If they're going to point at the Hebrew and Greek of the Textus Receptus, I'd have to point at the plethora of other scholars throughout history who do not uphold such a definition of the Godhead...men whose specialty was/is the Hebrew and Greek texts.

As you all know, there is no such thing as "consensus" about "partialism." It's just another of the many -ism's out there. I'd go so far as to say that the majority of scholars would disagree with that dude...or so I hope.

Reading our translations as they are, they don't give us any reason to lend merit to that dude's claims that I can see.

MM

Last edited:
I'd have to go back into the rules to see if discussion about the trinity is allowed. What you've revealed about that dude's beliefs is problematic. How any Cemetery Professor could arrive at such a conclusion is beyond me. If they're going to point at the Hebrew and Greek of the Textus Receptus, I'd have to point at the plethora of other scholars throughout history who do not uphold such a definition of the Godhead...men whose specialty was/is the Hebrew and Greek texts.

As you all know, there is no such thing as "consensus" about "partialism." It's just another of the many -ism's out there. I'd go so far as to say that the majority of scholars would disagree with that dude...or so I hope.

Reading our translations as they are, they don't give us any reason to lend merit to that dude's claims that I can see.

MM

I agree 100%.

It is a problem.

I for one disagree with him as what he has taught is simply not Biblical.

Actually we would not be talking about the Trinity but what a man is saying about it. What he has taught is open knowledge on his church web site so I do not see how it could be a problem.

I am saying that the Trinity is what the Bible says.......1 God manifested in 3 distinct persons, co equal, co eternal.

Mr. Litten teaches that..............
God is only God when, where, and if all three Persons are unified. which would extend this idea by stating that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are each “1/3 of God.”

I agree 100%.

It is a problem.

I for one disagree with him as what he has taught is simply not Biblical.

Actually we would not be talking about the Trinity but what a man is saying about it. What he has taught is open knowledge on his church web site so I do not see how it could be a problem.

I am saying that the Trinity is what the Bible says.......1 God manifested in 3 distinct persons, co equal, co eternal.

Mr. Litten teaches that..............
God is only God when, where, and if all three Persons are unified. which would extend this idea by stating that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are each “1/3 of God.”

Man, I just can't wrap my brain around that as something he could possibly have gleaned from the biblical texts. He clearly has added to the word of God what isn't there. Unless he provides some sort of textual backing to that idea, I'd say he's creating his own god out of thin air.

MM

Sounds like a classic case of placing man’s puny and finite reasoning abilities above the sure and eternal revelation from God’s Word.

Sounds like a classic case of placing man’s puny and finite reasoning abilities above the sure and eternal revelation from God’s Word.

Absolutely correct!

My concern is that the new President of the SBC has been a proponent of this teaching for a long time. It says to me that the SBC is taking a big turn toward LIBERALSIM.

Man, I just can't wrap my brain around that as something he could possibly have gleaned from the biblical texts. He clearly has added to the word of God what isn't there. Unless he provides some sort of textual backing to that idea, I'd say he's creating his own god out of thin air.

MM

Yes. It is such a big concern that we as a church are re-thinking our association in the SBC.

Folks, let me take a stab at this:

A tendency I've noticed among atheists, humanists, and liberal theologians, is that they superimpose our experiences as fallible humans, and therefore limited to this physical dimension and its features, back over against God.

In other words:

Three humans on this earth cannot be one person and still three individuals at the same time.

Lowly thinking therefore assumes that three humans cannot combine into one, and therefore the Godhead being confined to the same limitation on the basis of His image stamped upon us.

Now, it's likely that dude they call their "president" in the SBC doesn't reason his beliefs on that basis...at least not publicly, but I find it inescapable that the influences of our human limitations greatly influence many people's viewpoint about God and His nature. My experiential relationship with the Lord has led me to not see the Lord as being constrained in any way by our limitations, but rather for me to marvel at His greatness and uniqueness...especially to all those contrived gods of mankind. That dude seems to have fabricated a god that I don't see as resembling the One described in scripture. That may seem harsh to some, and even judgmental, so I caution anyone who might think that to consider that I'm talking about the statements the dude made. I have no idea what he believes in the core of his person.

MM

A tendency I've noticed among atheists, humanists, and liberal theologians, is that they superimpose our experiences as fallible humans, and therefore limited to this physical dimension and its features, back over against God.

In other words:

Three humans on this earth cannot be one person and still three individuals at the same time.

Lowly thinking therefore assumes that three humans cannot combine into one, and therefore the Godhead being confined to the same limitation on the basis of His image stamped upon us.

Now, it's likely that dude they call their "president" in the SBC doesn't reason his beliefs on that basis...at least not publicly, but I find it inescapable that the influences of our human limitations greatly influence many people's viewpoint about God and His nature. My experiential relationship with the Lord has led me to not see the Lord as being constrained in any way by our limitations, but rather for me to marvel at His greatness and uniqueness...especially to all those contrived gods of mankind. That dude seems to have fabricated a god that I don't see as resembling the One described in scripture. That may seem harsh to some, and even judgmental, so I caution anyone who might think that to consider that I'm talking about the statements the dude made. I have no idea what he believes in the core of his person.

MM

Well said.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 1 Corinthians 13:12

That is why we are dependent on God to reveal Himself to us, instead of drumming up things about God in the sandbox of our imaginations.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 1 Corinthians 13:12

That is why we are dependent on God to reveal Himself to us, instead of drumming up things about God in the sandbox of our imaginations.

Yes sir......sin will take you farther than you want to go, make you stay there longer than you wanted to stay and make you pay more than you are
able to pay!

In other words:

MM

Maybe not publicly.........but he knows!

HUH?!?! (utterly shocked look) What ya mean we can't drum up a god from our sandbox of imagination? Such a god doesn't become real by default...?

Back