Liberal Theology?

I have a gardening analogy..

Having a relationship with the Lord is like being planted in the earth. We draw on and rely on the Lord for sustenance. We cry out for rain. But we also know because our roots are in the soil, that we are grounded in Him..and our roots will go deep to find that water, so when there's a drought, we won't die. Thats the relationship.

For those who are new to the Lord, I think sometimes that relationship is like being in a plant nursery, in pots. Even inside a greenhouse The plants totally rely on the gardener for water and shelter and sustance, but they are only in the nursery to get to a good start, THEN they will be transplanted. They are not going to stay in their pots forever, because they will get rootbound and need constant watering, since their roots are only in the pot and they are not in the ground...and they won't grow very big either if left in their pot.

Good analogy. Now, what about those who have been planted for decades, and then find the water content in the soil too low to sustain them? They grow lethargic and numb to the soil where they're rooted...until they realize there's a problem. They don't know what to do to get water back into the soil for their roots to soak up the life-sustaining water. They tried prayer, even fasting, and to no avail. They continue to wither, their leaves dying and breaking off in the wind. They become acutely aware of the life ebbing out from them.

What then can we offer them that would bring nourishment to them to sustain them through the dry seasons of their lives, keeping in mind that it's not as easy as watering the soil for them. We don't have that power. We are not the those who tend the vineyard. Only He can provide what's needed. What then?

MM

Good analogy. Now, what about those who have been planted for decades, and then find the water content in the soil too low to sustain them? They grow lethargic and numb to the soil where they're rooted...until they realize there's a problem. They don't know what to do to get water back into the soil for their roots to soak up the life-sustaining water. They tried prayer, even fasting, and to no avail. They continue to wither, their leaves dying and breaking off in the wind. They become acutely aware of the life ebbing out from them.

What then can we offer them that would bring nourishment to them to sustain them through the dry seasons of their lives, keeping in mind that it's not as easy as watering the soil for them. We don't have that power. We are not the those who tend the vineyard. Only He can provide what's needed. What then?

MM
from what I know of trees like that...they usually become firewood at that point.

They may have been planted in the wrong place, or their soil has become denuded, because there has been too much development or housing going up around them.

What you can do is take cuttings and grow them somewhere else. The soil needs to be spongy and worked with the earthworms, plus innoculated with fungi to create a network for the roots to receive water. Many trees like to be planted in groves, not just singly or in a line, and they need other kinds of plants around them, to create community.

We as humans can refrain from putting toxic substances into the soil and water eg pesticides, herbicides, and other chemicals.

Chapter 3, page 23 of the book - "Old Sayings from North Alabama".

An example would be....."juxtaposition" of the 2021 College rankings will be that Bama is still ranked #1 =

the fact of two things being seen or placed close together with contrasting effect. ;)
Go Clemson Tide! lol

I was just listening to a video where the speaker mentioned William Barclay, a name I had heard before, but never got to know the man or his beliefs. The speaker said he has all of Barclay's books, and that Barclay believed the Bible was not inspired, that Jesus was not divine, and that He didn't rise from the dead. In other words, Jesus and all those disciples and all those followers of Christ who knew Him, they all allegedly died for what they knew was a lie! Do you get that? One of the most prominent theologians in Scotland believed what opposes the central narrative of the Bible, which is a narrative about Christ Jesus being crucified, and Him raised from the dead.

I was talking to a "Progressive Christian" recently, and they were telling me that : "that Cross gospel, is not something that they spend a lot of time with in their church/denomination".. (my paraphrase).
We had a discussion....
I hope he heard me.
Maybe we'll talk more about it.

Its interesting that a person would try to engage a "Christianity", that has no real use for Christ on the Cross.
It seems to me that even a unbeliever would find this very odd.

I didnt press him too hard, as we only had one short conversation..... but, that sounds like he is describing "Gnosticism".

I was talking to a "Progressive Christian" recently, and they were telling me that : "that Cross gospel, is not something that they spend a lot of time with in their church/denomination".. (my paraphrase).
We had a discussion....
I hope he heard me.

Its interesting that a person would try to engage a "Christianity", that has no real use for Christ on the Cross.

I didnt press him too hard, as we only had one short conversation..... but, that sounds like he is describing "Gnosticism".

I can not help but wonder what a Christianity without Christ on the cross would be called??????

Maybe.... Mormonism, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Science, Unity, The Way International, Unitarianism.

I was just listening to a video where the speaker mentioned William Barclay, a name I had heard before, but never got to know the man or his beliefs. The speaker said he has all of Barclay's books, and that Barclay believed the Bible was not inspired, that Jesus was not divine, and that He didn't rise from the dead. In other words, Jesus and all those disciples and all those followers of Christ who knew Him, they all allegedly died for what they knew was a lie! Do you get that? One of the most prominent theologians in Scotland believed what opposes the central narrative of the Bible, which is a narrative about Christ Jesus being crucified, and Him raised from the dead.

Barclay even taught that when Jesus and His disciples fed the 5000, Jesus simply backed up to a cave and His disciples handed out to Him the fish and bread stored in the cave behind Him. (LOL) I mean, can you imagine all those people being so gullible that they couldn't see what was going on, and that they were willing to die for a cause they knew was a total lie? That would make them worse than insane, because insane people generally have the human, survival instinct still intact, but those men, some of them learned, had to have been beneath the level of insanity. If Jesus had been merely insane, the Pharisees would not have bothered with Him, and they would have gotten the better of Him with their clever word tricks in the questions they asked Him. His Divine insight shut them down every time they tried to trip Him up. No insane, self-actualized messiah could have pulled it all off that many times, and with such truthful precision. They Pharisees were messing with Truth Himself, and yet clowns like Barclay wrote and taught what clearly points to his own tendency toward brilliant insanity.

Liberal theology is akin to utter insanity itself at a level that goes right down to the demonic.

Far more dangerous are those many, many false teachers out there behind pulpits, who are among those others who have a heart for God and for His people. The divisions among professing believers on the basis of false teachings versus Truth, it's an insidious condition that the enemy has orchestrated very well. The means by which the false tries to overtake the true is ecumenicalism, with some among those who desire Truth drawn in to the mix whereby that little bit of leaven...leavens the whole loaf...it's a poison that rots away within the individual the very spiritual bones meant to be the support structure for a body of truth standing upon the solid foundation of Christ Jesus.

Yep. Everyone has the freedom to believe whatsoever they wish, but that will never change the fact that liberal theology and doctrines are like parasites in the body that slowly eat away at the vital organs, eventually killing the host.

MM
Liberal theology has already damaged the church and blinded the eyes of countless good intentioned people wishing to embrace faith.

I think some people DO have issues with Jesus dying on the cross for them.
I know people that are very proud have hang ups about that.

No pun intended!

It wasn't like Jesus was stuck on the cross with blue-tack. He was NAILED.

I think some people DO have issues with Jesus dying on the cross for them.
I know people that are very proud have hang ups about that.

No pun intended!

It wasn't like Jesus was stuck on the cross with blue-tack. He was NAILED.

One of the ways you can discern how evil the world is, is to notice how they treated the most loving, most kind, most caring, most compassionate and most HONEST,.........who ever lived.
They thanked Him with The Cross after they beat the flesh off his body to the point that the Bibles says you could see bones.
The NT says that the beating Christ took for our sin, and not just from the whips, was so savage to his face that Jesus was "marred beyond recognition".
You could not tell who he was............So much swelling, so much blood and torn flesh, so much damage committed against the Lamb of God for the sin of the world.

He was and is famous, but very anti-Christ given his theology. His views make him acceptable to much of European thinking, which is increasingly atheistic and/or liberal.

MM

Christ rejectors always gain a lot of popularity in the world.
The louder they are, the more status they gain, in the world system.
If you want to see just how much status a Christ rejector can achieve....., Satan will show you that trick, once he arrives as the man of sin.

Liberal theology has already damaged the church and blinded the eyes of countless good intentioned people wishing to embrace faith.
And just to confirm that ........we as a "Christian" nation just elected a President who has been rejected by his church to receive communion because of his position on killing babies.

Now there are a "lot" of problems witht eh Catholic church and its teaching on the Bibler......or the lack there of, but on abortion---they got it 100% right.

We had a discussion....
I hope he heard me.

The feigned repugnance followers of liberal theology toward blood is similar to that of Cain. He intentionally chose the fruit of the vine and trees and bushes to the offering of blood. Perhaps he too had a repugnance against blood. Followers of liberal theology don't seem to see beyond the blood and death on that tree. They seem blind to the culmination of ALL God's plans on that tree, whereby mankind was finally REDEEMED, the captives in Sheol led free from Abraham's Bosom up into paradise, the setting in motion for the building and empowering of the Church to do what Israel had failed to do, and the eventual establishment of the Kingdom of Heaven on this earth in the Millennium, with Christ reigning in the theocracy the Jews have longed for through so many centuries. I didn't hear any of this from anyone. I learned it by reading scripture for what it says.

But, hey, there are those who believe otherwise, which is fine. Just remember Jesus' words in Luke 21:36 where He COMMANDED that we watch, and to also PRAY ALWAYS (and I think the meaning is exactly what it says, which is to pray this every day in every prayer), and to ask the Father to count each of us who are praying to Him worthy of escaping ALL the things to come outlined in Reve. 6-19 that is to come upon this earth and its inhabitants. This is a commandment that has gone mostly ignored by almost every preacher out there from what I have heard, read, watched, even searching the internet...it's just not talked about by the vast majority. The ignoring of this and so many other things written about what is to come seems to be a phenomenon encouraged by the legions of demons working on people because of Satan's hatred for having been a willing partner behind seeing to the fulfillments already accomplished. He sealed his own fate in the prophesies, and he's ticked...

That Jesus took the time to command it, I would say that it's important.

MM

And just to confirm that ........we as a "Christian" nation just elected a President who has been rejected by his church to receive communion because of his position on killing babies.

Now there are a "lot" of problems witht eh Catholic church and its teaching on the Bibler......or the lack there of, but on abortion---they got it 100% right.

Well...for the time being.

The RCC, like the SBC and so many other denominations, will ultimately fall headlong into the abyss of deeper and more profound wickedness. As I had said before, all that man has created by his own strength and origination, will become corrupted. The RCC is a creation of men, as are all the other denominations and religions. The (C)hurch, which is not defined by mortar, brick, stone, wood and steel, steeples, bells, organs, parking lots, pulpits, programs, et al, the (C)hurch is a creation of God, and will never countenance the entry of any who are not born again.

MM

The feigned repugnance followers of liberal theology toward blood is similar to that of Cain. He intentionally chose the fruit of the vine and trees and bushes to the offering of blood. Perhaps he too had a repugnance against blood. Followers of liberal theology don't seem to see beyond the blood and death on that tree. They seem blind to the culmination of ALL God's plans on that tree, whereby mankind was finally REDEEMED, the captives in Sheol led free from Abraham's Bosom up into paradise, the setting in motion for the building and empowering of the Church to do what Israel had failed to do, and the eventual establishment of the Kingdom of Heaven on this earth in the Millennium, with Christ reigning in the theocracy the Jews have longed for through so many centuries. I didn't hear any of this from anyone. I learned it by reading scripture for what it says.

But, hey, there are those who believe otherwise, which is fine. Just remember Jesus' words in Luke 21:36 where He COMMANDED that we watch, and to also PRAY ALWAYS (and I think the meaning is exactly what it says, which is to pray this every day in every prayer), and to ask the Father to count each of us who are praying to Him worthy of escaping ALL the things to come outlined in Reve. 6-19 that is to come upon this earth and its inhabitants. This is a commandment that has gone mostly ignored by almost every preacher out there from what I have heard, read, watched, even searching the internet...it's just not talked about by the vast majority. The ignoring of this and so many other things written about what is to come seems to be a phenomenon encouraged by the legions of demons working on people because of Satan's hatred for having been a willing partner behind seeing to the fulfillments already accomplished. He sealed his own fate in the prophesies, and he's ticked...

That Jesus took the time to command it, I would say that it's important.

MM
The relationship between liberal theologians/pastors and parishioners is one of the blind leading the blind. The God of this age has made them blind to the truth. Thank God that the truth of Scripture is self-authenticating to God's elect people.

A stolen election isn't a matter of this nation having voted him in there. The debate over election fraud is still ongoing and unresolved, having had so much evidence behind the proof for its existence...

MM

Back