Mark 16:9-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
People succumb to defeat too easily. We have been given the authority of Jesus Christ over disease in the Atonement. We need to learn how to get it from our born again spirits where it is located as His promise and blessing and have it manifest in our bodies. That means the in-between element of us as human beings is the mind and will (soul). Understand who we are in Christ and we can appropriate our healing in the natural.
I could not agree more. But you have failed to identify when that will take place.

When you got saved did the thorns and briars cease to grow in your garden? When you trusted Christ did work all of a sudden become easy? When you got saved did you stop sweating while working in the yard on a hot summer day?
The answer is of course NO!

When Jesus went to the cross they placed a crown of thorns onto His head. I am not convined that the men who did that intended to show that Christ was bearing the 2nd curse as well as the 1st but as the Lord hung there on the cross He wore the curse of the thorns of Genesis 3. He died to redeem the spiritual creation from the 2nd death and He died to redeem the physical creation from the results of the fall.

As a result of Adams sin, Satan had become the god of this world. Isn't that the meaning of 2 Corth. 4:4 my sister???

Then when the Lord Jesus rose from the dead having paid for sin and having been made a curse as found in Gal. 3:13, did He not also say in Matthew 28:18......"All power is given unto me in heaven and in THE EARTH?

If that is the truth and it is what the Scriptures in fact do say, why do we still have thorns, briars, sweat and even dust. It is because the purchase price has been paid but the actual redemption has not yet taken place. That will not happen until the Second Coming of Christ at the end of the Tribulation.

Faith healers today seem to have forgotten that the curse of sin will not be lifted from this earth, including our bodies until Christ comes again.

Sister you are so far off base with that one. Dont get to the place where you feel everything you do is correct and it is always some one else...........That is a hard road to travel.

As far as the bagering you goes forgive me if it comes across as this. Since you became a staff helper you changed the way you write. It is very hard for not just me but others to know exactly what you are saying.............hence all the going back and forth you end up doing with so many people.

It would be a blessing to every one if you went back and wrote from the heart as you once did and leave this educated sound out of it...
God Bless You Euphemia...........
Jim

Jim. Jim, Jim. You are going to get into trouble!!! Best to go get a nice big glass of iced tea, take a deep breath and take a break.

It seems that your pants are on fire and if that is the case.......pull down your pants and slide on the ice!

I could not agree more. But you have failed to identify when that will take place.

When you got saved did the thorns and briars cease to grow in your garden? When you trusted Christ did work all of a sudden become easy? When you got saved did you stop sweating while working in the yard on a hot summer day?
The answer is of course NO!

When Jesus went to the cross they placed a crown of thorns onto His head. I am not convined that the men who did that intended to show that Christ was bearing the 2nd curse as well as the 1st but as the Lord hung there on the cross He wore the curse of the thorns of Genesis 3. He died to redeem the spiritual creation from the 2nd death and He died to redeem the physical creation from the results of the fall.

As a result of Adams sin, Satan had become the god of this world. Isn't that the meaning of 2 Corth. 4:4 my sister???

Then when the Lord Jesus rose from the dead having paid for sin and having been made a curse as found in Gal. 3:13, did He not also say in Matthew 28:18......"All power is given unto me in heaven and in THE EARTH?

If that is the truth and it is what the Scriptures in fact do say, why do we still have thorns, briars, sweat and even dust. It is because the purchase price has been paid but the actual redemption has not yet taken place. That will not happen until the Second Coming of Christ at the end of the Tribulation.

Faith healers today seem to have forgotten that the curse of sin will not be lifted from this earth, including our bodies until Christ comes again.

Do you think that we are not susceptible to sickness as believers? No, we live in a fallen world and our flesh can fail us in disease and in injury. However, because of Christ, as we navigate this life, we have His authority over sickness and disease, and all else He has given us authority to repel and to overcome.

Yess Euphemia I see this...........can you see that it is Not always the one who gets healed that has the faith?

And can you both not see that sometimes there was NO faith involved at all??????
Simply consider that the Lord heals in stages.

I hear you, and I have considered it. However I can find no Biblical precedent of that taking place.

Take a good look at 1 Peter 2:21:...........
"Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps."

Here we are told that Jesus suffered, and He is an example for us all. We are to follow in His steps not by wanting suffering, but when it comes be able to bear under it.

John MacArthur in his book" The Charismatics" says"...... "We live in a world where God has not chosen to eliminate sin totally from his permissive will of the believer, why should we assume that suffering is excluded? If every Christian were well and healthy, if perfect health were a guarantee benefit of the atonement, millions of people would be stampeding to get saved-but for the wrong reason."

Do you think that we are not susceptible to sickness as believers? No, we live in a fallen world and our flesh can fail us in disease and in injury. However, because of Christ, as we navigate this life, we have His authority over sickness and disease, and all else He has given us authority to repel and to overcome.

After all our comments you think that I do not think believers are going to be sick. Really? That is exactly what I have been saying my sister!!!

God uses many things to get unbelievers attention but the most detrimental thing to preach is to come to God because he’s the great fixer upper, he’ll heal you, make you well, fix your marriage give you a successful job, and make you look good to boot! While he can do any one of these, except for changing how we look, this is not the reason we should come to God. We come to him because of who he is and how he showed his love for us by sending his son to die, He is the giver of our lives and deserves our worship, simply for who he is, and not for what he will do for us. If we can focus on him and his beauty, we may not become self focused and vain.
WE will be sick and suffer!!!! That has been my point.

And can you both not see that sometimes there was NO faith involved at all??????

There is faith in every instance.

I hear you, and I have considered it. However I can find no Biblical precedent of that taking place.

"Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps."

Here we are told that Jesus suffered, and He is an example for us all. We are to follow in His steps not by wanting suffering, but when it comes be able to bear under it.

John MacArthur in his book" The Charismatics" says"...... "We live in a world where God has not chosen to eliminate sin totally from his permissive will of the believer, why should we assume that suffering is excluded? If every Christian were well and healthy, if perfect health were a guarantee benefit of the atonement, millions of people would be stampeding to get saved-but for the wrong reason."

That Jesus healed the bind man in stages is a demonstration for us to hold on to that hope that our healing is on its way. His healing power in us is not always instantaneous. That is why we need to exercise our faith in His word and in who He is and in the authority we have been given over disease.

Major,
I think this topic is going in two different directions.
One God does heal right then and right there. I have seen it and have experienced this.
On the other hand - there is another example that is getting confused into this topic.

Example........you feel a cold coming on..........you pray by faith that you healed hole and healthy. You quote Gods word over this cold trying to come on you.

Now scripture tells us we received the healing right then and there ----------However.........
satan our enemy does come right now and right then to stop this. It is in this time that we must not be moved off of Gods word or the fact that we already Are Healed and stand this way until we see it in the natural.

Now many people fail right there.. they give in and think they did not get healed and start saying so in maany different ways. That gives satan right to bless you with the cold.

So does this mean healing was not there ? No sir it does not for it was there from the start.
All I am saying is this.........if God says go wash your broken toe in the third sink on the left at the go cart track and it will be healed..........then dont sit around and say I did not get healed. God wash your toe where He said to.....

God Bless you my friend......obedience makes all the difference........obedient to what is said in His word and unto obeying His voice as He tells you to do something.
jim

Maybe that's because its true!
You know this and I know this and I pray some also know this.........But why do so many act as if it is some strange thing happening only to them ?
And then when it does........some one always ends up in trouble..........not always the right ones though. lol

Wow, what a statement. All kinds of questions spring up with this. Do we pick God just because we believe He will be the winner?
A+ for KingJ
Jesus Christ "will" not "be" the winner, he is already the winner, so why even ask such a question as that? Who ever is born of God has already over come this world. Questions of what if are just signs of doubt and unbelief which means they are not sure of anything.

Jesus Christ "will" not "be" the winner, he is already the winner, so why even ask such a question as that? Who ever is born of God has already over come this world. Questions of what if are just signs of doubt and unbelief which means they are not sure of anything.

This is just nuts! You just said...............
"Questions of what if are just signs of doubt and unbelief which means they are not sure of anything."

But in comment #204 YOU said..................
"What do you suppose would have happened IF this man did NOT "stretch" out his hand?

This is just nuts! You just said...............
"Questions of what if are just signs of doubt and unbelief which means they are not sure of anything."

But in comment #204 YOU said..................
"What do you suppose would have happened IF this man did NOT "stretch" out his hand?

Two big differences here. (1) it is impossible for God to ever lose to the Devil in any way shape or form. (2) It is possible for a person to be disobedient and not do what God says.

Anytime a person makes a statement "what if" when the what if is impossible is not smart.

Can you see the difference?

My wording is very easy to grasp. I feel as though you are badgering me, lately. You need to curb that compulsion.
"My wording is very easy to grasp."
Case in point-"People succumb to defeat too easily. We have been given the authority of Jesus Christ over disease in the Atonement. We need to learn how to get it from our born again spirits where it is located as His promise and blessing and have it manifest in our bodies. That means the in-between element of us as human beings is the mind and will (soul). Understand who we are in Christ and we can appropriate our healing in the natural." Post 290
Sister you are so far off base with that one. Dont get to the place where you feel everything you do is correct and it is always some one else...........That is a hard road to travel.
I agree with Jim on this. Where there is two in agreement.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back