Mary, Mother Of The Lamb(flesh) Of God, Not Mother Of God

you deny Jesus cannot make us perfect by imputing His righteousness upon us ???

Mat 5:48 “Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Rom 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

Phl 3:12 Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that fnfor which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.

Hbr 12:23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,
In most Biblical usages of the word perfect toward people is refering to maturity.........I know I am not perfect in the sense of perfection- Are You ?

you deny Jesus cannot make us perfect by imputing His righteousness upon us ???

Mat 5:48 “Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Rom 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

Phl 3:12 Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that fnfor which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.

Hbr 12:23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,
I did not deny that JESUS could do anything.

In most Biblical usages of the word perfect toward people is refering to maturity.........I know I am not perfect in the sense of perfection- Are You ?

no mere human is .. but Jesus imputes His righteousness ..
thus those whose name is found in the Book of Life WILL BE ..

So David, just talking Bible...who was Elizabeth's Lord before Christ (God incarnate) was birthed?

And since you are speaking of the dual natures let me ask you another question? Was the fulness of the Godhead dwelling bodily (Col 2:9) birthed through Mary, or only the human nature later to be joined with the divine nature?

Do you see Christ as two persons as one or one person (albeit with two natures)?

Please answer...
God was.......It would be bad theology to say Jesus before He was manifest (revealed) to us.

God was.......It would be bad theology to say Jesus before He was manifest (revealed) to us.

in my opinion theo-logia is bad ..
and I attended DTS & MBI ..
trying to apply man's logic to God is not without limitations ..

how is it bad theology to use the name of Jesus/Yahshua prior to His birth ???

Jhn 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.”

Jhn 17:5 “Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Jhn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jhn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

So God was her Lord? And she by the Spirit of God calls Mary the mother of her Lord? The mother of who then?
These are very cute and foolish semantics - Jesus is Lord of course.
Mary was NOT the eternal mother of the eternal God, she gave birth to God in flesh, our Saviour, aka: Lord.
God was God before the incarnation at Bethlehem......The Holy Ghost overshadowed Mary and she conceived a baby a 100% human being.....But that baby was also 100% God from God Himself (not Mary)

Matthew 1:21
King James Version (KJV)
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Because His name was not known until the New Testament. His name would not be Yashua it is Yeshua, which means: The Lord is Salvation.

These are very cute and foolish semantics - Jesus is Lord of course.
Mary was NOT the eternal mother of the eternal God, she gave birth to God in flesh, our Saviour, aka: Lord.
God was God before the incarnation at Bethlehem......The Holy Ghost overshadowed Mary and she conceived a baby a 100% human being.....But that baby was also 100% God from God Himself (not Mary)

Amen...glad I never said or implied Mary was eternal or the progenitor of the eternal God..."she gave birth to God in flesh"...not just the flesh and yes He was 100% God from God and not God from or because of Mary.

Amen...glad I never said or implied Mary was eternal or the progenitor of the eternal God..."she gave birth to God in flesh"...not just the flesh and yes He was 100% God from God and not God from or because of Mary.
To state that Mary is the mother of God would make her eternal and place her as deity, because that is saying she was "before" God.
She was the vessel in which carried the Son of God which was God in flesh.

Why do people feel the need to make simple things so horrendously complicated.

Jesus is co-eternal with the Father. He (Jesus) has existed since before time began.
Jesus has always been God the Son.
Mary, who gave birth to His human form, was a normal mortal woman whose existance began somewhere
around 16 B.C..
The Greeks call her Theotokos (the God Bearer).
It is equally correct to call her the "Mother of God" because she was in fact His (Jesus') mother.
That however does not make her the "mother of the Eternal God".

Protestants and pagans seem to be the only ones who get confused about this.

Jesus is co-eternal with the Father. He (Jesus) has existed since before time began.
Mary, who gave birth to His human form, was a normal mortal woman whose existance began somewhere
around 16 B.C..
It is equally correct to call her the "Mother of God" because she was in fact His (Jesus') mother.

Amen, amen, I say unto you, amen. The difficulty occurs because many Protestants are out to prove that Roman Catholics are heathen heretics. No matter what we tell them we actually believe as Roman Catholics, so people insist that we actually believe the straw-man version of it. No matter how many times I tell some Protestants that the Mass does not re-crucify Christ, but rather re-presents the sacrifice and carries its power through time, they will still insist that it is a re-crucifixion.

Last edited:

around 16 B.C..

No, Jesus (as the Son) had a beginning at Bethlehem. Why would what the Greeks call Mary tie into Bible truth ? Mary birthed God "In Flesh" Not God that was always there...even before the incarnation. There is a problem with your understanding of God: There is but ONE God- **Glomung wrote:
According to your reasoning..........

There is a mother of a God that is not eternal, but called the Mother of God(wow that's two Gods- one eternal, and one not)

Back