meaningless trials

Could you possibly explain what you mean here?
Thanks, blessings
When Meshach, Shadrach and Abednego went into the furnace they had the peace of God with them. Nobody would expect them to be at peace in a furnace. That verse emphasizes 'passing all understanding'. It does not just say 'peace'.

I would say the fiery furnace was a trial..but further to that a tribulation as they kinda had no choice, it was an active persectuion for anyone not following the idols.
They could have avoided it had they not broken the rule, and just pretended to worship the idol along with everyone else.

But then that would show they had no faith in God, right? Or a shallow faith. God may have let them off, we dont know, if He saw they caved and pretended to worship the idol. He would know their hearts. But the thing with shadrach, mesach and abendego is they had great faith. They were willing to go in EVEN if God did NOT deliver them, cos they would not bow down to the idol.

When Meshach, Shadrach and Abednego went into the furnace they had the peace of God with them. Nobody would expect them to be at peace in a furnace. That verse emphasizes 'passing all understanding'. It does not just say 'peace'.

Ok KJ this was originally directed to me. So then you really should explain to me why you said this from my reply to you. You write it as a correction to what I said. Well Brother . expalin to me why you pulled this out. ;)

KJ this makes things a lot easier when we do this. It cuts out all this going back and forth trying to figure out what the other is saying or thinking.
Thanks Bro and God Bless
Jim

I fully agree with what you said, but that in no way says that God sent the trial. It says that they had peace in the trial that the devil subjected them to.

well, I would say that while King Nebby (or whichever King at the time, there were many, I forget which one exactly) kind of made that rule, it was the people jealous of the three that tried to trap them. Ultimately, God delivered them and commended them for their faith. It was really God on trial I suppose, and simply their faith that God would see them through. God didn't put them through it, but he allowed it, just as he placed the tree in the garden, we can look at it as a test of our faith.

I guess depends on how you view it. I think you both seeing it from different perspectives and human understanding. Would God have not had them go through it, or even not had them in captivity? Of course, WE like to think we won't ever have to go through anything like that, but the faithful have and always will, as long as we live on this earth.

We can't really say that. God did create the world. God did put the devil with Adam and Eve. God did put the tree in the garden. The question is, is God evil for this? What you are suggesting is understandable as you are trying to exempt God of the evil behind trials and tribulations. You just need to face the fact that He can be behind them and yet not be evil.

Then on peace, the peace of God surpasses all understanding Phil 4:7. Meaning if people see us doing well, peace would not be surpassing their understanding

What 'things' are you suggesting He defeated? That verse says He overcame the world. Overcoming the world = resisting its temptations. Mature / speaking / acting / doing on this subject = sounds right but is in fact adding to scripture. We only overcome the world because we actually do in fact love God. That real relationship we have with God through the Holy Spirit after the cross enables us to have victory over temptations of the world. Like adultery can be easily resisted if we actually love our wife. No ''be mature / speak / act / do X and Y''. That is a return to the law. Unless I am misreading you.

John 16:20-23 Very truly I tell you, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. 21 A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. 22 So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice (heaven), and no one will take away your joy. 23 In that day you will no longer ask me anything (heaven). Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name (ie in heaven).

You see it simply as growing up? When we are mature, no more trials? I see it as God only having 70 years on earth to test us. Not our salvation but rather the depth of our devotion to Him. Kicking and complaining / acting outside of faith would be wanting God to remove the trials He is putting us through. He wants us to grow in trusting in Him despite whatever it is we are going through. The more mature the greater the trial.

I'm only talking about the last bit , as for me...I dont feel mature..ibe only been saved 5 years and recently maybe some month ago I stopped going to church...

Tbh, I don't know why this is happening...you guys are thinking of suffering for Christ's sake...that would imply you're alot like him... But I'm not.... After everything I've just been bitter and angry... BC everything that was happening it made me think..(and still think) I'm cursed or a pot of destruction ..... IDK abt my life anymore..I just feel so worthless.

I'm only talking about the last bit , as for me...I dont feel mature..ibe only been saved 5 years and recently maybe some month ago I stopped going to church...

Tbh, I don't know why this is happening...you guys are thinking of suffering for Christ's sake...that would imply you're alot like him... But I'm not.... After everything I've just been bitter and angry... BC everything that was happening it made me think..(and still think) I'm cursed or a pot of destruction ..... IDK abt my life anymore..I just feel so worthless.
Pancakes,
Well you have two choices
1. Believe these lies from your enemy the devil
2. Believe what the word says about you
Pancakes you have to make a choice and then act on it. From this point forward the ball is in your cort. What ya gonna do with it ?

You say your life feels so worth less so change it and make it worth MUCH.
Dont tell me I dont know what it is like or what is going on in your life. It just really does not matter for Christ is either going to be bigger in your life ( your choice ) or your situations will be the biggest thing and again its your choice.

You have said we take things to serious or too deep or far - hows it working for you in your life with its just words or sayings and so forth ? We get out of Christ what we put into Christ.

We must always look in the mirror when we see our lives are not what they should be - there we will find the reason why - then once we grasp this we can go to Gods word and prayer and find out where and what to change about US and then we shall see our surroundings and situations change. This is not hype but simply just the way it works and nothing we say or do can ever change it.

Just talken to ya
Have a better night sister
God Bless
Jim

Maybe you just need to trust God. Like Paul learnt to do. Eg Jesus actually appeared to him and said why are you kicking against the pricks??? Paul was actually blinded. But he saw and heard Jesus!!!
He regained his sight once he believed.

Also, what about Zechariah. He actually didnt believe the angel, so he couldnt speak. He suddenly could talk again when he believed what the angel said to him, he was going to have a son named John.

God works all things for our good, those of us who LOVE him. You love Him dont you? Think of Joseph. What he had to endure, it wasnt fair at all! But he just kept trusting in God.

Even Job, after he stopped complaining, realised that God loved him and wasnt actually trying to kill him and ruin his life. He just humbled himself.

If things look like theres some kind of curse just remember Jesus became a curse for us, therefore if we trust in his finished work we can be free.

I dont know if this is any relevant to you but if you gonna be angry at anyone be angry at the devil, and believing his lies, not God.

Maybe you just need to trust God. Like Paul learnt to do. Eg Jesus actually appeared to him and said why are you kicking against the pricks??? Paul was actually blinded. But he saw and heard Jesus!!!
He regained his sight once he believed.

Also, what about Zechariah. He actually didnt believe the angel, so he couldnt speak. He suddenly could talk again when he believed what the angel said to him, he was going to have a son named John.

God works all things for our good, those of us who LOVE him. You love Him dont you? Think of Joseph. What he had to endure, it wasnt fair at all! But he just kept trusting in God.

Even Job, after he stopped complaining, realised that God loved him and wasnt actually trying to kill him and ruin his life. He just humbled himself.

If things look like theres some kind of curse just remember Jesus became a curse for us, therefore if we trust in his finished work we can be free.

I dont know if this is any relevant to you but if you gonna be angry at anyone be angry at the devil, and believing his lies, not God.

I agree with Lanolin !!

I fully agree with what you said, but that in no way says that God sent the trial. It says that they had peace in the trial that the devil subjected them to.

God did subject them to it by sending them to serve in the palace of King Nebu.

Last edited:

Pancakes, you need to hang in there / hold onto your first love. If you judge yourself to be in Christ, whatever you are going through is God's will for you and only because He wants you to come out stronger. Even if coming out is in heaven. God sees eternity, we see 70 years on earth.

Zech 13:9 This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.

Job 31:24-28
(24):"If I have made gold my trust, or called fine gold my confidence;
(25):if I have rejoiced because my wealth was great, or because my hand had gotten much;
(26):if I have looked at the sun when it shone, or the moon moving in splendor,
(27):and my heart has been secretly enticed, and my mouth has kissed my hand;
(28):this also would be an iniquity to be punished by the judges, for I should have been false to God above.

1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Ok KJ this was originally directed to me. So then you really should explain to me why you said this from my reply to you. You write it as a correction to what I said. Well Brother . expalin to me why you pulled this out. ;)

KJ this makes things a lot easier when we do this. It cuts out all this going back and forth trying to figure out what the other is saying or thinking.
Thanks Bro and God Bless
Jim
Your quoting of peace and the theme of your post suggested you see peace carnally. You said in God we have peace, in the world we have suffering. When spiritual peace can be in suffering.

Pancakes, you need to hang in there / hold onto your first love. If you judge yourself to be in Christ, whatever you are going through is God's will for you and only because He wants you to come out stronger. Even if coming out is in heaven. God sees eternity, we see 70 years on earth.

Zech 13:9 This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.

Job 31:24-28
(24):"If I have made gold my trust, or called fine gold my confidence;
(25):if I have rejoiced because my wealth was great, or because my hand had gotten much;
(26):if I have looked at the sun when it shone, or the moon moving in splendor,
(27):and my heart has been secretly enticed, and my mouth has kissed my hand;
(28):this also would be an iniquity to be punished by the judges, for I should have been false to God above.

1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.

Brother KJ You are in no way 100 percent correct. You say what ever you are going through is Gods will. That is false - wrong - incorrect and oposed to His ways. Most of the stuff we go through is because of choices we made and God HAD NOTHING to do with it.

You claim this 70 years is our life and that is also not correct.

What is this even if coming out is in heaven ?
God Bless You Kj

Your quoting of peace and the theme of your post suggested you see peace carnally. You said in God we have peace, in the world we have suffering. When spiritual peace can be in suffering.
No you see things into what is written Brother. Scripture says this and more to that Jesus said it.

We CAN HAVE Peace in suffering but the suffering is not Gods will nor something to teach us anything.

1. Brother KJ You are in no way 100 percent correct. You say what ever you are going through is Gods will. That is false - wrong - incorrect and oposed to His ways. Most of the stuff we go through is because of choices we made and God HAD NOTHING to do with it.

2. You claim this 70 years is our life and that is also not correct.

3. What is this even if coming out is in heaven ?
God Bless You Kj

1. Please read my post again you are twisting what I said.
2. Now you being pedantic.
3. Rewards are for heaven. We can learn lessons from God even if we have only a week to live.

No you see things into what is written Brother. Scripture says this and more to that Jesus said it.

We CAN HAVE Peace in suffering but the suffering is not Gods will nor something to teach us anything.
Jim I think its best that you and I discuss on PM. Our beliefs do conflict and this is not the place to discuss it. Pancakes has been given scripture and she is mature enough to know that Holy Spirit + scripture > mans interpretation.

1. Please read my post again you are twisting what I said.
2. Now you being pedantic.
3. Rewards are for heaven. We can learn lessons from God even if we have only a week to live.

kj really,
Here is your posting

So how was this twisted kj ?

kj really,
Here is your posting

So how was this twisted kj ?
You missed the bold right before it... What we are going through is not God's will if we are in rebellion to God.

Last edited:
Jim I think its best that you and I discuss on PM. Our beliefs do conflict and this is not the place to discuss it. Pancakes has been given scripture and she is mature enough to know that Holy Spirit + scripture > mans interpretation.
No way Brother KJ.......To take this to PM means the truth is not shown.
You made some comments - I called you one them..........just explain how you arive at these things.
God Bless
Jim

Back