Men and Women in heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not forget the planets. If you did not have all the interference from the electric lights we have nowadays the would be almost as bright as the moon. Or at least that is what the guy at the planetarium told me.

That brings to mind an image of what Abraham must have seen when he looked at the stars in relationship to his descendants.

guys at the planetariums are always right!
LOL jk :p

wow light from planets... that would be nice!

btw.. how come the moon lights up at night? is it from the reflection of the sun ?

Much like the moon we are to reflect the Son's glory.:D

Ginger, this is what Strong's greek dictionary says about stars at the end of verse Genesis 1:16

H3556
כּוכב
kôkâb
ko-kawb'
Probably from the same as H3522 (in the sense of rolling) or H3554 (in the sense of blazing); a star (as round or as shining); figuratively a prince: - star ([-gazer]).

I don't understand too much.

The same word is used for light in Genesis 1:14 and Genesis 1:16.

Just a personal view on this- God is a God of order and He detailed the steps of that order in Genesis for us.

That's very true. Which is why also I ask this question, because we will not reproduce..

You know what other question I have?
it's about babies who died at a young age...
They'll be with Jesus yes but... do they grow up??
I doubt they'll stay babies.. this is really strange, I don't think anyone can answer.

My friend told me that most (or was it half?) of pregnancies naturally end without the mother even knowing they were pregnant. I guess the fertilized agg doesn't make it for one reason or another. Wouldn't these souls be spirits by then and pretty much just go straight into heaven without a life on earth?

I do not see why not , there is no life without a spirit.

My friend told me that most (or was it half?) of pregnancies naturally end without the mother even knowing they were pregnant. I guess the fertilized agg doesn't make it for one reason or another. Wouldn't these souls be spirits by then and pretty much just go straight into heaven without a life on earth?

Brother mark, can you elaborate more, I do not understand what you're talking about :p! lol

That's very true. Which is why also I ask this question, because we will not reproduce..

You know what other question I have?
it's about babies who died at a young age...
They'll be with Jesus yes but... do they grow up??
I doubt they'll stay babies.. this is really strange, I don't think anyone can answer.
As scripture tells us (1Jn 3:2) that we will be like Him at the day of His return I don't believe they will remain infants.

Another thought- anything can be an angel in one sense of the word as it quite simply translates messenger.

definitions

Ginger, this is what Strong's greek dictionary says about stars at the end of verse Genesis 1:16

H3556
כּוכב
kôkâb
ko-kawb'
Probably from the same as H3522 (in the sense of rolling) or H3554 (in the sense of blazing); a star (as round or as shining); figuratively a prince: - star ([-gazer]).

The word "lights" [SIZE=-1]in v 14 is "ma'owr[/SIZE]" which means light, luminary
The description that follows makes it obvious it is speaking of the plantets and what we call stars in the sky.

Verse 16 has a broader meaning which is demonstrated in your definition as well: "figuratively a prince"
Num 24:7 uses this word figuratively, Judges 5:20, Job 38:7, Dan 8:10,

"star"
([SIZE=-1]kowkab) [/SIZE]is used when speaking of the Messiah, Jacob's brothers, the angels and other angelic beings, God's omniscience (fig.)
And sometimes it is used referring to what we call stars.

Just like the heavens can refer to either the sky or paradise with God.

Like I said before, I can't prove that particular word at the end of v 16 is speaking of angelic beings - It is just my opinion.

Ginger

This is not an argument but a statement.
According to the Vines Expository dictionary of the New Testament the word in verse 16 is indeed:

Ma'or also means "light." This noun appears about 20 times. Ma'or occurs more than once in Gen_1:16 : "And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also."

The word "lights" [SIZE=-1]in v 14 is "ma'owr[/SIZE]" which means light, luminary
The description that follows makes it obvious it is speaking of the plantets and what we call stars in the sky.

Verse 16 has a broader meaning which is demonstrated in your definition as well: "figuratively a prince"
Num 24:7 uses this word figuratively, Judges 5:20, Job 38:7, Dan 8:10,

"star"
([SIZE=-1]kowkab) [/SIZE]is used when speaking of the Messiah, Jacob's brothers, the angels and other angelic beings, God's omniscience (fig.)
And sometimes it is used referring to what we call stars.

Just like the heavens can refer to either the sky or paradise with God.

Like I said before, I can't prove that particular word at the end of v 16 is speaking of angelic beings - It is just my opinion.

Ginger

In my language, Kawkab means Planet.
hmm...

That of course can be open to interpretation and I respect your opinion. When you have more than one definition for a Hebrew (or Greek Word) it is usually beneficial to find out which one applies. I have not specifically been able to pin that one down but 24 out of the 24 translations I checked were indeed translated stars. These men could read and write Hebrew like we can read English so my personal opinion leans that way.
Many blessings, brother Larry.

In my language, Kawkab means Planet.
hmm...

And that very well could be the true meaning. The stars and planets are not the same.

Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

I don't think this verse is speaking of stars as we know them, but of one type of angelic being and the "sons of God" are another.

Actually, it was this verse that first made me notice Gen 16 did not use the same word as v 14.

Again, I admit I am only speculating. Why tell us He created the stars right after He just told us He created the stars? Unless, as you said, He was saying He created the planets, also. But I always thought He included the stars and planets together as they can all give off light.

Ginger

As scripture tells us (1Jn 3:2) that we will be like Him at the day of His return I don't believe they will remain infants.

I often wondered about that very scripture as I have two babies in heaven and was wondering how I would recognize them and if I would or if with our glorified bodies will that not be important. All questions that will have to wait until I see Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back