Moving past this hurt & bitterness seems difficult :/

I did a little more study on this so as to be able to speak clearly on it instead of from my memory.

To speak to your claim about "women and wives" it is found that the Greek word for “women” in 1 Timothy 3:11 is the word "gunaikas".

That refers to women. The only way Paul could refer to women in verse 11 would be to use the Greek word gunaikas, because there is no feminine form of diakonos from which comes the word Deacon, therefore He had to identify them as women which is exactly what he did.

The word for "husband" is the exact same name for "man", and so it is with the word "wife", and "woman". There fore the "context" is what determines which is to be used.

1 Timothy 2:12 1 Cor 11:5 1 Cor 14:34 1 Tim 3:11
G1135
gune; gen. gunaikós, fem. noun. Woman, wife (Mat_14:21; Mat_15:38; Act_

gune; a prim. word; a woman: - bride (1), wife (71), wife's (1), wives (11), woman (96), woman's (1), women (33).

1Co 14:34 Let your women (wife) keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
1Co 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands (man) at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

If women are to be "silent" in the Church, then there should be no mention anywhere in scripture where women are ever speaking in Church. There are many instances of women speaking in Church which makes the idea that women are not to speak in Church is a false doctrine brought about by man's tradition, because they do not know how to rightly divide the Word of truth. All scripture must be bought together before a doctrine is found to be true. It must be theme that runs through out all the Bible.

Luk 2:36.. And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;
(How dare Anna to prophesy in the Church. I guess the Holy Spirit forgot to tell her not to speak when he came upon her)

Act 18:26.. And he (Apollos)began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

(Here we find a women "teaching a man called "Apollos"
)

Psa 68:11.. The Lord announces the word, and the women who proclaim it are a mighty throng (NIV)

Luk 24:10 It was Mary Magdalene, and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles.

Joh 20:16.. Jesus said to her, "Mary." She turned and said to him in Aramaic, "Rabboni!" (which means Teacher).

Joh 20:17.. Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

(Another women teaching men!!!! That command came from Jesus him self!! First New Testament preacher)

Act 1:13.. And when they had entered, they went up to the upper room, where they were staying, Peter and John and James and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot and Judas the son of James.
Act 1:14.. All these with one accord were devoting themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and his brothers.

Act 2:11.. both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabians—we hear them telling in our own tongues the mighty works of God."

One hundred and twenty people along with the "women" all spoke in tongues,and proclaimed the "mighty works of God"

Maybe someone forgot to tell Jesus and the Holy Spirit not to let these mere women speak a Word from their mouths about God!!
Evidently, men and women together are partakers of God grace in proclaiming the good news.

Last edited:
1 Tim 3:12........
"Let deacons each be the husband of one wife, managing their children and their own households well."
Brother you can not just start in the middle of a paragraph and post a single scripture trying to proof anything.

1Ti 3:1.. The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task.
1Ti 3:2.. Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, (ESV)

The word "anyone" it does not mean men, or male. It means anyone, or whosoever desires the office of overseer.
The part of the scripture that says, "he desires a noble task." has nothing to do with a "man, or male. The KJV says "he desires". Which means, "To have the affections directed toward something." The "he" is referring to "whosoever", or "anyone" who desires this office.
If that "whosoever", or "anyone" happens to be a married man who desire this office, then he must be the husband of one wife, and rule his house well. Does this mean that only married men can be a overseer? Paul was never married!! No where in scripture does it say women are excluded from this office, and women have and will continue to speak the Word of God as God calls them.

I feel my thread I getting off track. Thank you all for your advice... But as to whether a woman can pastor or not...there are different opinions...and I feel you guys will constantly clash... So could we drop it... Thank you all.

Luk 2:36.. And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;
(How dare Anna to prophesy in the Church. I guess the Holy Spirit forgot to tell her not to speak when he came upon her)

Act 18:26.. And he (Apollos)began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

(Here we find a women "teaching a man called "Apollos"
)

Psa 68:11.. The Lord announces the word, and the women who proclaim it are a mighty throng (NIV)

Luk 24:10 It was Mary Magdalene, and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles.

Joh 20:16.. Jesus said to her, "Mary." She turned and said to him in Aramaic, "Rabboni!" (which means Teacher).

Joh 20:17.. Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

(Another women teaching men!!!! That command came from Jesus him self!! First New Testament preacher)

Act 1:13.. And when they had entered, they went up to the upper room, where they were staying, Peter and John and James and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot and Judas the son of James.
Act 1:14.. All these with one accord were devoting themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and his brothers.

Act 2:11.. both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabians—we hear them telling in our own tongues the mighty works of God."

One hundred and twenty people along with the "women" all spoke in tongues,and proclaimed the "mighty works of God"

Maybe someone forgot to tell Jesus and the Holy Spirit not to let these mere women speak a Word from their mouths about God!!
Evidently, men and women together are partakers of God grace in proclaiming the good news.

What does ," she lived seven years away from her virginity" mean?

What does ," she lived seven years away from her virginity" mean?

It means her husband died after they were married for seven years.

Agreed my sister! And that is exactly what I think and understand as well. It has nothing to do whatsoever with what we want but everything with what God has said whether we like it or not.

Isn't there a difference in the role of pastor and preacher? I have seen women testifying and preaching in public during Jesus Ministry (Luke 8 and the woman with the issue of blood) but in my thoughts i have never seen a woman pastor.

Isn't there a difference in the role of pastor and preacher? I have seen women testifying and preaching in public during Jesus Ministry (Luke 8 and the woman with the issue of blood) but in my thoughts i have never seen a woman pastor.
I see both regularly. Blessed women of God about His business!

I see no blurring. I use the same scriptures you do. It's how we heed the teaching of Holy Spirit that differs.

Do some real prayerful study. Holy Spirit will teach you otherwise.
If the Holy Spirit teaches you something that scripture does not say, its not the Holy Spirit you listening to.

Last edited:
Yes there is a difference. Those woman were sharing their testimonies. Evangelising. Not bringing a congregation under their teaching of scripture.

Yes, women share the exact same gifting as men do. Holy Spirit doesn't check between the legs to see if one qualifies or not. Neither should anyone else.
The Holy Spirit is God. God knows He made the legs of men and woman differently. He ensured we know this too by giving us eyes and a working brain. The argument you raising sounds like one we would raise against racial discrimination. ''God does not see colour''. Well on race your argument is true and sound, because science knows that the difference is only skin pigmentation. I recall it being something like 0.00001% of our dna. But man and woman....We are clearly two distinctly different creations. So raising the same arguments as you would about race would get you kicked off the debate team in round 1.

Brother you can not just start in the middle of a paragraph and post a single scripture trying to proof anything.

1Ti 3:1.. The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task.
1Ti 3:2.. Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, (ESV)

The word "anyone" it does not mean men, or male. It means anyone, or whosoever desires the office of overseer.
The part of the scripture that says, "he desires a noble task." has nothing to do with a "man, or male. The KJV says "he desires". Which means, "To have the affections directed toward something." The "he" is referring to "whosoever", or "anyone" who desires this office.
If that "whosoever", or "anyone" happens to be a married man who desire this office, then he must be the husband of one wife, and rule his house well. Does this mean that only married men can be a overseer? Paul was never married!! No where in scripture does it say women are excluded from this office, and women have and will continue to speak the Word of God as God calls them.
You forgot to bold and underline the ''he'' right after the ''anyone''.

I feel my thread I getting off track. Thank you all for your advice... But as to whether a woman can pastor or not...there are different opinions...and I feel you guys will constantly clash... So could we drop it... Thank you all.
I don't see it as getting off track Pancakes. A major part of your problem is your pastor and what the bible says about her being there. You have to understand that you (like all of us) need to choose today, whether or not we take the bible seriously.

This is not teaching. This is passing on a message. We are all called to evangelise and share as God tells / leads us, we are not all called to teach and be overseers. You are grabbing at straws. Why can't you just accept the simple verses from Paul on this? You can give a million examples, but they will not alter the point Paul made. Paul's wording clears all blurs. Paul's wording sheds light on your examples and not vice versa. Because Paul's wording was to the point / literally addressing the issue.

Last edited:
I understand Pancakes. I won't quote Scripture directly, but I was told something like this at school. Some point in my life, I did feel like God left me alone. I couldn't hear, see or feel Him. Heck I even began to question His existence (no comment about that please anyone)! But like what one of the teachers told me at school, God doesn't talk through loud noises or voices or raging storms. But in silence. I know this is hard to comprehend and quite frankly I couldn't understand it either. But I realise that even though God doesn't talk back He is there and He is listening. He does answer your prays though you don't know it. I can say this from experience. God is there with you, it's just our five senses don't pick up His signal on the radar [emoji14]. I still remember what my year 8 teacher told me as well. Bad things will happen to good people. Good people deserve in all the might to be treated well and with respect and love. But unfortunately, its the not so good people who get that. Being a Christian, we're strong both spiritually and mentally. It is difficult I know. And trust me, I've been through the same struggles as you. Some people do believe their not worth an apology and under deserving. But trust me. Your worth more than you think. Of course, Scripture says it all. Church is good and all. But I remember Jesus said that church isn't a building with fancy statues and gold stuff. Church is actually a group of Believers. A group of people with faith who pray together. When I went away with some friends a while back, I couldn't attend church cause our school had other plans for sunday and there weren't many churches around. But thank goodness that two of those girls I went with were Christians. I still remember that the eldest said Grace before we dug into some 2 Minute Noodles. To me that was church. Just hanging around good Christian girls. Church is awesome. Yes. But honestly, praying with people is awesome too. Now I don't know if this random blob of stuff is gonna help, but I hope it does. Btw girls are awesome too. Jesus came to abolish sexism. Girls aren't inferior. We equal. I have a quote on my wall. It says. Woman was made from the rib of man. Not from his head to top him. Not from his foot to be stepped on by him. But from his side to be equal with him. Under his arm to be protected by him. And near his heart to be loved by him. Personally myself, men who don't act like that aren't nice at all. Girls can become priests. HALA I LOVE YOU PANCAKES! Thanks for helping me out too!

In what I have been saying, I have been under the impression that we are talking about Pastors. The Bible says that is a MAN desires the office of Bishop HE desires a good work. Pastor-Bishop-Overseer all speak of the same thing. Any one can testify and preach and teach anywhere they choose to do so however the OFFICE of the church is the one where the responsibility and leadership lies at the feet of the Pastor who according to the Bible is to ne a MAN. Please notice that I did not write those words which are found in the Bible. I just read them and believe them and never change them.

And Yes, there are many, many woman who have been placed into the position of Pastors in churches.

The Holy Spirit is God. God knows He made the legs of men and woman differently. He ensured we know this too by giving us eyes and a working brain. The argument you raising sounds like one we would raise against racial discrimination. ''God does not see colour''. Well on race your argument is true and sound, because science knows that the difference is only skin pigmentation. I recall it being something like 0.00001% of our dna. But man and woman....We are clearly two distinctly different creations. So raising the same arguments as you would about race would get you kicked off the debate team in round 1.
Once again, it is asinine to think that God withholds certain gifts and abilities to anyone on the basis of gender! As you imply, that would be just as ridiculous as if God discriminates racially as well. But somehow, when He says He doesn't see race, ethnicity or gender, you and far too many others completely disregard it, most likely because you cannot see people through His eyes.

That's a problem for the Body of Christ. But we soldier on!

Back