Mystery Babylon

There was a thread on mystery babylon I remember being on here but now cant find it, has it disappeared?
Anyway, just wondering where it went, or maybe it will remain a ....mystery.

Is it important to know what mystery babylon is?

Ok any reason why? Its not on list of banned topics or I might have missed it?
Its just am reading a book about it, althougn its just one persons view and thought would share what I found, but if anyones interested its called 'mystery Babylon' by joel richardson. And it seems he takes into account different views about it but also has his own opinion about what the mystery is, which mostly talking about the islamic empire, and how current day Mecca kind of fits the description of a great city like Babylon. Although, having said that there as originally a city actually called Babylon so it could have been referring to that.

Some people try and say its rome or new york ir even Jerusalem. But they may be getting prophecies mixed up. The author makes the case that some bible scholars actually did not do any robust historical research about it and just wildly speculated what the prophecy could be. Which leads to some crazy theories. Somee evens say its about the church. Not sure where they get that from...as the church is the bride not the whore of babylon!

Oh ok, dont know why the OP was banned tho. I dont know if its babylon that is the world system though, as Babylon was an actual city, but in the Bible its pictured as a woman riding a beast. The beast is satan.

There are many cities in the world, I suppose, that operate like a woman riding the beast. They produce nothing but are centres of sin and slavery. They import all their wealth and live in luxury. In contrast to Babylon, that is given over to idolatry and covetousness, after this is completely destroyed and burned up the Bible talks about the New Jerusalem, the heavenly, holy City where Jesus is Lord.

Im not sure if this is referring to when Jerusalem got taken over by the Babylonians and the jews were exiled to Babylon.
The picture in revelation does remind me of when God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. I guess if He let them continue, they would have influenced other cities around them.

Has anyone witnessed the fall of a city? Not just in the Bible but actual present day. One comes to mind where a city falls into ruin and decay is Detroit when the car industry collapsed...it was abandoned, you see photos and everyone just fled. Or what about Pompeii, destroyed by volcano. And then one closer to home, Christchurch, by earthquake.

I dont know if its babylon that is the world system though,

It is as follows......Babylon or the world’s system is man trying to meet his own needs without God;

Instead of trying to take things in other directions because you don't think so....
May i suggest that you get some understanding in this.

You can even take the easy route and just Google something like - Babylon the world system

Blessings

Christchurch, by earthquake.
This was not a fall of a city. 185 lost their lives and the city was not wiped out.
If a region is wiped out then it is there no more.
Let me ask you a couple of easy questions.
What is your fascination with Babylon?
Why is Babylon important to you?

This might help in getting some attention to your thread.

Someone else brought up the topic i dont think its nice to ban ppl on this forum just because they want to discuss something in the bible they might not fully understand or have something to share. In fact its plain
rude. Sorry. Who wants to be on a forum like that? Where random.topics just disappear without warning. Weird.

Someone else brought up the topic i dont think its nice to ban ppl on this forum just because they want to discuss something in the bible they might not fully understand or have something to share. In fact its plain
rude. Sorry. Who wants to be on a forum like that? Where random.topics just disappear without warning. Weird.
Enough!
I told you the op of a particular thread was banned.
His thread was deleted under forum policy.
His ban was for other reasons.

There are several books titled "Babylon Mystery Religion" by different authors. You can buy one at any book store. Bible interpretations are mostly uncertain.

Why not post a Bible Scripture and ask what it is that you are having trouble with and maybe someone can help you.

Well its revelation 17 and 18 really. Babylon the great.
Obviously there was once a city called Babylon in what is now Iraq. At the site of the tower of Babel?

Its interesting that Babylon is the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth. Why is this so? How did harlotry come into the world anyway? Its not sodom or gomorrah its actually babylon that is labeled thus. Its a city.

The imagery given is a woman riding the beast. Actually in many cultures around the world, where the landscape is described as a sleeping dragon, for example, Hong Kong. Its also clear from the Bible that there are actually creatures UNDER the earth.
We do actually utilise this everyday when we fuel cars with fossil fuels. Which are actually made from these creatures.

Well its revelation 17 and 18 really. Babylon the great.
Obviously there was once a city called Babylon in what is now Iraq. At the site of the tower of Babel?

Its interesting that Babylon is the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth. Why is this so? How did harlotry come into the world anyway? Its not sodom or gomorrah its actually babylon that is labeled thus. Its a city.

The imagery given is a woman riding the beast. Actually in many cultures around the world, where the landscape is described as a sleeping dragon, for example, Hong Kong. Its also clear from the Bible that there are actually creatures UNDER the earth.
We do actually utilise this everyday when we fuel cars with fossil fuels. Which are actually made from these creatures.

The bible uses sexual language to describe spiritual concepts.

God speaks to us in Earthly languages, and that means figures of speech. The bible contains about 900 kinds of figures, with dozens of variations of some kinds. Here is a list with a brief description of each kind: https://www.google.com/search?q=bullinger+figures+of+speech+used+in+the+bible+pdf
You can get a hard copy of this at any bible bookstore.

Am not buying any will just ask God what He means.
From reading the chapter the city is obviously a merchant city, full of luxury goods.
The description reminds me a little of Dubai.

Am not buying any will just ask God what He means.
From reading the chapter the city is obviously a merchant city, full of luxury goods.
The description reminds me a little of Dubai.

Rev. 17 is the description of judgment upon the Religious "System" of Babylon which is a Great Harlot.

It is called Mystery Babylon because of it origin, Babylon from Genesis 10. Babylon became the origin of all false religions.
This system will be an anti-Christ.

Rev. 18 then is the judgment of Babylon's End-Time Capital city. The wording of the judgment is called "PROLEPTIC". That means it speaks of a yet future event as already having taken place.

This will not be ancient Babylon as the Scriptures tell us that ancient Babylon was destroyed in 536 BC and was never to be rebuilt again in Jer. 50:1-3.

Rev. 17 is the description of judgment upon the Religious "System" of Babylon which is a Great Harlot.

It is called Mystery Babylon because of it origin, Babylon from Genesis 10. Babylon became the origin of all false religions.
This system will be an anti-Christ.

Rev. 18 then is the judgment of Babylon's End-Time Capital city. The wording of the judgment is called "PROLEPTIC". That means it speaks of a yet future event as already having taken place.

This will not be ancient Babylon as the Scriptures tell us that ancient Babylon was destroyed in 536 BC and was never to be rebuilt again in Jer. 50:1-3.
Why do you call it a religion or religious system...isnt it just bondage to mammon, since the descriptions of this babylon city are all about how much merchandise it has and even describes the kinds of luxurious goods it trades in.
For many people thats just plain consumerism. Not any religious system. But it could be like a religion I suppose.
Would you say its globalisation since this affects the kings and people of many nations. Not just religions such as islam, buddhism and hinduism.

Why do you call it a religion or religious system...isnt it just bondage to mammon, since the descriptions of this babylon city are all about how much merchandise it has and even describes the kinds of luxurious goods it trades in.
For many people thats just plain consumerism. Not any religious system. But it could be like a religion I suppose.
Would you say its globalisation since this affects the kings and people of many nations. Not just religions such as islam, buddhism and hinduism.

Lanolin, thank you for the question. I am glad to see that you have a desire to understand that which is all around us.

The rules of this forum do not allow me to teach you about the "Catching Away" which is actually the next Bible event on God's calender.

Babylon’s description as “the great harlot” refers to the spiritual prostitution and fornication that categorizes the apostate church of the Tribulation which is unfaithful and rejects the Lord Jesus Christ as her husband. “Great” refers to the harlot system which will reach its zenith after the removal of the true church by way of the "CATCHING AWAY" of all true believers.

When that happens, if I am correct and I am sure that I am, there will then be a coming together of all religions on earth under the direction of the FALSE PROPHET. He will direct the world to worship the BEAST who is the A/C. There will be an end times false church just as there is today a FALSE RELIGION.

The prostitute exists today in many forms where we see Chruches that exist which do not worship the Lord Jesus Christ. But after the church is gone, or perhaps even before it is gone, they will unite and become one great ecumenical religious system.

Consider Rev. 17: 2. “With whom (the harlot) the kings of the earth have committed fornication”.

Many centuries ago, the Church took over the world through the rule Of the Roman Empire. The Church could not be determined to be separated from the actual government and that is exactly what will happen when the REVIVED Roman Empire takes over after the "Catching Away".

Real history records for us that early Christianity was a minority religion in a secular state. But all of that changed under Constantine, who wanted to make Christianity coextensive with the state. In other words, everyone who would be born within the boundaries of the Roman Empire would be a Christian.

As a result of this development, the church and state were united. In the eleventh century, Pope Gregory VII struggled with the mightiest king in Western Europe, Henry IV of Germany The question was, Who would have the authority to appoint bishops? The king insisted that that was his prerogative, but the pope maintained that such a conclusion would place the church subordinate to the state and hence corrupt the faith. When King Henry visited the pope’s castle in Italy, he was required to stand barefoot for three days and ask for mercy before receiving the pope’s pardon. It made sense to the pontiff that the church should have authority over the state so that heretics could be punished and doctrinal purity maintained.
https://www.gotquestions.org/rapture-of-the-church.html

Last edited:
Back