One important thing in readying yourself for Christ's return

Shallow study of the Word can be in a sense "unpreparedness." The deeper we study the Word, the better we understand, the better we grasp our daily living and ultimately our preparedness.
Hi Bob, not all that sure about your point. Seems to me, that would put 'teacher-types/'studiers' at an advantage over others. I am thinking of the multi-facetedness of Christ's Body..e.g....

1 Corinthians 12:28 (KJV) And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

or

Romans 12:6-8 (KJV) Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

Well, you did qualify your statement with a 'can be'. lol

Hi Bob, not all that sure about your point. Seems to me, that would put 'teacher-types/'studiers' at an advantage over others. I am thinking of the multi-facetedness of Christ's Body..e.g....

1 Corinthians 12:28 (KJV)
And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

or

Romans 12:6-8 (KJV) Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

Hey crossnote;

I'm sorry I'm not able to articulate my point with you, and perhaps others as well. Bottom line, I'm with you, brother, and agree with "asking questions and posing possibilities."

I also agree with what you said about the multifacetedness of Christ's body and I want to add, that means all of us including teachers, students, and laymen.

God bless you and your family.

Hey crossnote;

I'm sorry I'm not able to articulate my point with you, and perhaps others as well. Bottom line, I'm with you, brother, and agree with "asking questions and posing possibilities."

I also agree with what you said about the multifacetedness of Christ's body and I want to add, that means all of us including teachers, students, and laymen.

Bob, just thinkin (usually a dangerous past time), these Forums involve writing and lend themselves to the Body of Christ who can articulate with the written Word. Just think of all those without that knack and how many of them are expressing themselves in so many other ways to God's glory. If this Forum was set up so we had to communicate orally, I would check out in a heartbeat lol.

Bob, just thinkin (usually a dangerous past time), these Forums involve writing and lend themselves to the Body of Christ who can articulate with the written Word. Just think of all those without that knack and how many of them are expressing themselves in so many other ways to God's glory. If this Forum was set up so we had to communicate orally, I would check out in a heartbeat lol.

Are you sure you can't verbally ramble right along with the rest of us?

You know, I also wondered the same thing! Yikes! 😎

Touché. Because I stutter quite badly, it would take me about three times longer. I would lag behind and not be 'right along with the rest'.

Well, I THINK in stutter. Mel Tillis had nothing on me, even when he visited our ranch those many years ago. That's why it takes me so long to even write anything.

MM

Well, I THINK in stutter. Mel Tillis had nothing on me, even when he visited our ranch those many years ago. That's why it takes me so long to even write anything.

MM
Never could sing like Mel, but my stuttering isn't as bad when I crow lol; and my typing is reduced to one finger pecking due to Essential Tremor. Which reminds me, that is at least two things to look forward to upon the return of Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:28 (KJV) And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

or

Hey crossnote;

Are you sure you can't verbally ramble right along with the rest of us?
This is something I have always believed. God has allowed each of us to see Him if that is our desire but even though He is one God we are all seeing Him at different places in our walk, through different giftings, at different view points and we describe what we see. It is the body of Christ. this verse is very fitting in Ephesians 4:15,16

Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into Christ Himself, who is the head. From Him the whole body, fitted and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love through the work of each individual part.

This is something I have always believed. God has allowed each of us to see Him if that is our desire but even though He is one God we are all seeing Him at different places in our walk, through different giftings, at different view points and we describe what we see. It is the body of Christ. this verse is very fitting in Ephesians 4:15,16

Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into Christ Himself, who is the head. From Him the whole body, fitted and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love through the work of each individual part.

God bless you and thank you, ShepherdBoy. Your kind words are an example allowing us to continue our individual part allowing God to bring it all together.

Never could sing like Mel, but my stuttering isn't as bad when I crow lol; and my typing is reduced to one finger pecking due to Essential Tremor. Which reminds me, that is at least two things to look forward to upon the return of Jesus Christ.

Yes indeed. Thanks for your words.

MM

CN, our glorified bodies are indeed a reality to look forward to in life. I won't have to wear glasses to read, or to do close-up inspection, will be able to hear without saying "Huh?" all the time, and so much more. Oh, and I'll have my hair back...

MM

CN, our glorified bodies are indeed a reality to look forward to in life. I won't have to wear glasses to read, or to do close-up inspection, will be able to hear without saying "Huh?" all the time, and so much more. Oh, and I'll have my hair back...

MM

I hope I get my FRONT hair back as well! But what I miss the most is my short term memory.

If I remember what it was I was going to post....I will finish!

When he came to our ranch, he actually performed a few songs, including his main hit "I've Got the Saddle". He was a really nice fella in person.

Oops. I had the wrong name. It was "I got the horse." Had to go through the song in my mind to realize I had it wrong.

When he came to our ranch, he actually performed a few songs, including his main hit "I've Got the Saddle". He was a really nice fella in person.

Oops. I had the wrong name. It was "I got the horse." Had to go through the song in my mind to realize I had it wrong.

I never heard of Mel Tillis so I listened to a couple of his hits, "I Ain't Never", and She Has The Horse And I Got The Saddle. Some of the original band members have been with Mel Tillis for a long, long time and they are very good musicians, especially their guitarist.

Though he has a very good voice it's hard to believe he stuttered which I find any speech impairment sad.

I learned a new musician today. God bless you both and thank you for sharing.

Back