One important thing in readying yourself for Christ's return

Yessirree, Bob. Glad you found some tunes you like. Mel did indeed stutter quite a bit when talking to us. He shared lots of experiences on the road to concerts across the nation. Unfortunately, he slipped and fell on our stage because of the varnish on the wood. It was a relief that he wasn't hurt given that he was in the middle of a concert tour when he stopped in. Paul Harvey had been to our ranch before, and a few other greats over the years. I've been trying to get Snyder (from Dukes of Hazard) to drop by sometime, but he seems fixated on paying gigs for his visits rather than to do something charitable for the kids.

Oh well...

Yessirree, Bob. Glad you found some tunes you like. Mel did indeed stutter quite a bit when talking to us. He shared lots of experiences on the road to concerts across the nation. Unfortunately, he slipped and fell on our stage because of the varnish on the wood. It was a relief that he wasn't hurt given that he was in the middle of a concert tour when he stopped in. Paul Harvey had been to our ranch before, and a few other greats over the years. I've been trying to get Snyder (from Dukes of Hazard) to drop by sometime, but he seems fixated on paying gigs for his visits rather than to do something charitable for the kids.

Oh well...

I understand that he was a 33rd degree Mason. I wonder however if you knew he was a Chritian or not.

Agreed. The preaching of the Word of God always has a purging effect! Those who hear the unapologetic Word of God preached concerning SIN and themselves and then choose to wander away or leave the church NEEDED TO LEAVE THE CHURCH.

That is God's way of seperating those who are saved, and those who are religious.

Matthew 10:34-36 ........
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law- 36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
I believe Matt.10:34-36 is definitely referring to Israel. Brother against brother, etc.

I am only waiting on the Lord for His favors I have witnessed in the past. Through years of study, I find peace in remaining in the Faith till I die.

Blessings!

I believe Matt.10:34-36 is definitely referring to Israel. Brother against brother, etc.

I am only waiting on the Lord for His favors I have witnessed in the past. Through years of study, I find peace in remaining in the Faith till I die.

Blessings!
Hello Harriet,
I am wondering about Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist faiths etc., where the family turns on the other members when they come to Christ. Would Mt 10:34-36 hold true as well in those situations?
Note: in vs 34 Jesus does say 'on the earth'.

Blessings!

I respect your thoughts "harriet" but in this case I do not agree.

Matthew 10:34 .........
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Notice the Scripture says literally......."TO THE EARTH!" It does not say Israel.

It is inevitable that there will be conflict between good and evil, the Christ and the antichrist, the light and the darkness, the children of God (believers) and the children of the devil (those who refuse Christ). Conflict must arise between the two groups, and this can and does happen within a family in which some are believers and others are not. We should seek to be at peace with all men but should never forget that Jesus warned we will be hated for His sake. Because those who reject Him hate Him, they will hate His followers as well.

If we postulate that Matthew 10:34-36 is only for the Jews, who is that can then say that "Ye must be born again" is also just for the Jews.

Hello Harriet,
I am wondering about Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist faiths etc., where the family turns on the other members when they come to Christ. Would Mt 10:34-36 hold true as well in those situations?
Note: in vs 34 Jesus does say 'on the earth'.
That may happen, but Jesus wasn't speaking directly to Hindus or Muslims in Israel during His first Advent.

In Isaiah 9:6, the prophet calls the future Messiah the Prince of Peace.

Matt.10:34: 34“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

The prophets predicted that the Messiah would come and establish a peaceful kingdom. According to Jesus, this peace was to be preceded by war. In v. 34, Jesus says He brings a sword. The sword spoken of here is pictured in Revelation 19. In Revelation 19, Jesus returns with a sword in His mouth leading an army in the sky during the second coming. Ephesians 6:16 indicates that the sword of the Spirit is the word of God.

I respect your thoughts "harriet" but in this case I do not agree.

Matthew 10:34 .........
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Notice the Scripture says literally......."TO THE EARTH!" It does not say Israel.

It is inevitable that there will be conflict between good and evil, the Christ and the antichrist, the light and the darkness, the children of God (believers) and the children of the devil (those who refuse Christ). Conflict must arise between the two groups, and this can and does happen within a family in which some are believers and others are not. We should seek to be at peace with all men but should never forget that Jesus warned we will be hated for His sake. Because those who reject Him hate Him, they will hate His followers as well.

If we postulate that Matthew 10:34-36 is only for the Jews, who is that can then say that "Ye must be born again" is also just for the Jews.
Sure. It's not just for Israel. Some Christians turned against each other after the fire in Rome in AD64 when Nero blamed all of them.

Jesus came with a sword against the nations in Revelation 19, and in Matthew 25, Jesus included the judgment of the nations in addition to the goats from Israel.

If you're curious as to who "the nations" are, it will require a new thread!

Sure. It's not just for Israel. Some Christians turned against each other after the fire in Rome in AD64 when Nero blamed all of them.

Jesus came with a sword against the nations in Revelation 19, and in Matthew 25, Jesus included the judgment of the nations in addition to the goats from Israel.

If you're curious as to who "the nations" are, it will require a new thread!
I do not think a new thread in needed but by all means do so if you are so inspired.

Actually, Rev. 21:24 speaks for itself IMHO.........
"And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it."

This imagery is doubtless derived from that in Isaiah, particularly Isaiah 60:3-9.

At this point in the story, we are beyond the thousand years. The first heaven is passed away. Peter tells us it passes away with a great noise with a fervent heat as the elements are dissolved.

Now, there will be a New Earth and this new earth IMHO will be orbited by the New Jerusalem. I am one who believes that the New Jerusalem will actually be an orbit around the new earth in a position above earthly Jerusalem and It will be approximately the size of the moon. It will be cubed however rather than round and it will be fourteen hundred miles cubed.

That will be the home of the Church.

"Come ye blessed of the Father inherit," Jesus said, "the things that were prepared for you from the foundations of the earth"( Matthew 25:34 (NAS)

I wonder what you think when you hear about the corruption that is growing in what we have called the church over the years. As teaching seems to be bypassing the simplicity of knowing Jesus and obeying His commands to all kinds of other things making one last marketing attempt in a corrupt world to gain recognition. I now see some even selling themselves like a prostitute for customers or money to keep themselves afloat. It is hard to watch and comprehend how folks are following to their own peril.

We see preachers being afraid to speak out on things we need to hear concerning righteousness and lawlessness. Maybe even your own pastor or leader? And I think it is based on a prevailing fear to lose any congregants having already felt in a little or big way the disruptions due to covid lockdowns and other things overwhelming people at this time that telling them the truth may turn some away.

Even more direct the folks “Christians” who are part of the church, who at times, besides attending church and using God’s name it is becoming harder to tell them apart from those who are living in the world. Lying, cheating, gossiping, lazy, rebellious, taking what they did not earn are among some of things you see in those of us who call on the name of Jesus. I cringe wondering how will folks find Jesus if these are the ambassadors?

I guess that has always been the case but it has been brought more into view for me as I have been seeking out believers who really believe in Jesus and is reflected in their life. Not perfectly mind you, but heading I the same direction that I am. It is God’s Spirit that changes us along the way.

I think it is important to surround yourself with those you can trust. Not that these are the only kind of people that your life should intersect with, but they are the ones who you can gather together with to encourage one another in the Lord in sincerity of heart. If they are betraying Christ through their rebellious behavior how trustworthy are they? I know it is something we all think, but may not say it.

Now, this is a problem if you understand the past and when judgement draws near how many of them will sell you out to save themselves or remove the conviction of the Holy Spirit from among them (that’s you). Thank God, Jesus Saves!

The question I have for you is what are doing to get ready for the coming of Jesus Christ? I made this short video on one thing to keep in mind concerning this, but what do you say?

The sheep and goats, wheat and tares, are all being separated at this time. Keep a loving heart but be observant; you will recognize them by their fruit.

I think it is important to surround yourself with those you can trust. Not that these are the only kind of people that your life should intersect with, but they are the ones who you can gather together with to encourage one another in the Lord in sincerity of heart. If they are betraying Christ through their rebellious behavior how trustworthy are they? I know it is something we all think, but may not say it.

Now, this is a problem if you understand the past and when judgement draws near how many of them will sell you out to save themselves or remove the conviction of the Holy Spirit from among them (that’s you). Thank God, Jesus Saves!

The question I have for you is what are doing to get ready for the coming of Jesus Christ? I made this short video on one thing to keep in mind concerning this, but what do you say?
Hi Shepherd Boy,

Good topic and quite relevant for our time. I believe God`s word has specific instructions for us at this time. I`ll summarize it -

`Therefore, brethren , having boldness to enter the Holy Place by the blood of Jesus.....

let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith....
let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, and
let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works,

not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, (even 2`s & 3`s)
but exhorting, (encouraging and warning) one another

and so much the more AS YOU SEE THE DAY APPROACHING.` (Heb. 10: 19 - 25)

Back