One important thing in readying yourself for Christ's return

The sheep and goats, wheat and tares, are all being separated at this time. Keep a loving heart but be observant; you will recognize them by their fruit.
Are you referring to these scriptures?

1. Jesus comes in power and great glory and divides up the nations.

`When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides His sheep from the goats.` (Matt. 25: 31)

2. Jesus spoke to Israel CONFIRMING THE PROMISES made to the Fathers.

`Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age.` (Matt. 13: 40)

`Jesus Christ has become a servant to the circumcision for the truth of God, TO CONFIRM THE PROMISES MADE TO THE FATHERS.` (Rom. 15: 8)

All scripture is for us to read but it is NOT all about US. Christ, His character and His purposes are the central theme.

Hope that is helpful.

Sure. It's not just for Israel. Some Christians turned against each other after the fire in Rome in AD64 when Nero blamed all of them.

Jesus came with a sword against the nations in Revelation 19, and in Matthew 25, Jesus included the judgment of the nations in addition to the goats from Israel.

If you're curious as to who "the nations" are, it will require a new thread!
I agree harriet,

If you want to start a thread on that I will join you. I`m sure we`ll have a very good discussion of God`s word.

nice to meet you, Marilyn.

I do not think a new thread in needed but by all means do so if you are so inspired.

Actually, Rev. 21:24 speaks for itself IMHO.........
"And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it."

This imagery is doubtless derived from that in Isaiah, particularly Isaiah 60:3-9.

At this point in the story, we are beyond the thousand years. The first heaven is passed away. Peter tells us it passes away with a great noise with a fervent heat as the elements are dissolved.

Now, there will be a New Earth and this new earth IMHO will be orbited by the New Jerusalem. I am one who believes that the New Jerusalem will actually be an orbit around the new earth in a position above earthly Jerusalem and It will be approximately the size of the moon. It will be cubed however rather than round and it will be fourteen hundred miles cubed.

That will be the home of the Church.

"Come ye blessed of the Father inherit," Jesus said, "the things that were prepared for you from the foundations of the earth"( Matthew 25:34 (NAS)
We are the New Jerusalem, the Church, and it doesn't have a location.

I agree harriet,

If you want to start a thread on that I will join you. I`m sure we`ll have a very good discussion of God`s word.

nice to meet you, Marilyn.
Nice to meet you also. I will attempt a thread on this in sum, because it's a long preterist p.o.v..

We are the New Jerusalem, the Church, and it doesn't have a location.
Hi harriet,

Do you know that Jerusalem on earth has two parts - the city and Mount Zion, (where David ruled)? I would say you knew that.

And earthly Jerusalem is a type of the heavenly Jerusalem which has two parts - the city and Mount Zion.

`you have come to Mount Zion AND to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem..` (Heb. 12: 22)

Mount Zion - the highest ruling area, (which remains in the highest realm).

The city - which comes down out of heaven from God, (to near the earth to give it light).

Who do you think is in each of those two realms?

Back