One Shall Be Taken, And The Other Left

Status
Not open for further replies.
"But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be...Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left" (Mt.24:37,40-41).

There are many Christians who use this passage to support a post-trib rapture. Can that idea be defended?

I guess one would have to ask the question: what is the "tribulation". There seems to be doctrines created that support a single event when all of God's children will be scooped up at once. I would suggest that there is no one singular tribulation until the 'final collection' of saved souls at the appearance of the Lord. Whereas God's children will face various 'tribulations' until the Lord returns.

So to have a pre and/or post 'rapture' seems to be moot. The "rapture" being the culling of God's people in a singular event before the end of this Earth.

The "tribulation" is the one spoken of by the Lord Jesus at Matthew 24:21. And the Scriptures do speak of a time when all of God's children will be "caught up" to meet the Lord Jesus in the air (1 Thess.4:17).

Since the "great tribulation" has a beginning and an end then a discussion in regard to when the catching up will happen is indeed a legitimate subject to discuss

The bible says we would be saved from the hour of testing I believe in a mid trib rapture which I can suport but post trib I can not

Clark, I too believe that we will be saved from the hour of testing. Please help me understand exactly when, according to the timeline set out by the Lord Jesus in Matthew 24, a "mid trib rapture" will happen.

Thanks!

If all the 'saved' are gone before tribulation; then who is left to be persecuted? I have heard people argue this will be 'Post-Rapture Converts':

9 k "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. 10 "And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 "Then l many false prophets will rise up and m deceive many. 12 "And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow n cold. 13 o "But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 "And this p gospel of the kingdom q will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
The Abomination of Desolation

15 r "Therefore when you see the s 'abomination of desolation,' 3 spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" t (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 "then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 "Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 "And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 "But u woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 "And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 "For v then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 "And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; w but for the 4 elect's sake those days will be shortened. 23 x "Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'There!' do not believe it. 24 "For y false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, z if possible, even the elect. 25 "See, I have told you beforehand. 26 "Therefore if they say to you, 'Look, He is in the desert!' do not go out; or 'Look, He is in the inner rooms!' do not believe it. 27 a "For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 b "For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.
The Coming of the Son of Man

29 c "Immediately after the tribulation of those days d the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 e "Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, f and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 g "And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet,and they will gather together His 5 elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

If all the 'saved' are gone before tribulation; then who is left to be persecuted?

I believe that there will be many new converts after the rapture. After all, they will be aware that many Christians will suddenly be missing from the face of the earth. After that there will be thousands and thousands of people who will take a fresh look at the Scriptures and many of them will be converted when they believe the gospel.

The "tribulation" is the one spoken of by the Lord Jesus at Matthew 24:21. And the Scriptures do speak of a time when all of God's children will be "caught up" to meet the Lord Jesus in the air (1 Thess.4:17).

Since the "great tribulation" has a beginning and an end then a discussion in regard to when the catching up will happen is indeed a legitimate subject to discuss

Yes Jerry, it is a legitimate subject to discuss and wellcome to the forum.

But you need to know that it has been discussed, and discussed and discussed and discussed......................................

The discussion always ends in arguments and confrontations and to my knowledge, not one single person has ever been persuaded one way or the other and thread aways ends up being mashed by our mods............God bless them!

Is there a Tribulation Peroid........YES!........7 Years.(Daniel 12:1; Zephaniah 1:15); time of Jacob's trouble (Jeremiah 30:7).
Is there a Rapture.........................YES! ( More referrances than I can list here. (Mainly 1 Thess. 4:15-18/1 Cor. 15:51-54)
When.............................................A 7 Year peace Treaty will be made between A/C and Israel (Daniel 9:24-27)
What is the opportunity................Ezekiel 38, "Gog & Magog".
When does Trib. end.....................7 years after the Rapture (Rev. 19)
Where does it end.........................Valley of Megiddo, battle of Armageddon. (Rev. 16 & 19).

Well, lets see how this one goes!

Either way-it's good to be saved! :)

So I think we are commanded to tell those who will hear the Gospel BEFORE the last trumpet call home....

We will all see how we fare in whatever 'tribulation' we will face individually; God be merciful to me a sinner....

I believe that there will be many new converts after the rapture. After all, they will be aware that many Christians will suddenly be missing from the face of the earth. After that there will be thousands and thousands of people who will take a fresh look at the Scriptures and many of them will be converted when they believe the gospel.

Now Jerry.......will that mean they are wanting to be saved because the Rapture took place and they realize they have been left behind.

If that is the case, wouldn't that mean they are being saved because of the Rapture.?????????

The Scriptures tell us that we must believe upon the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved. ........right?

Then there is what the Scriptures say in 2 Thess. 7-12.......
"For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His comingthat is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power an signs and false wonders,and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness".

That says if one has heard the gospel of the Lord Jesus and rejected it, they can not be saved after the Rapture.

What say you???

I guess one would have to ask the question: what is the "tribulation". There seems to be doctrines created that support a single event when all of God's children will be scooped up at once. I would suggest that there is no one singular tribulation until the 'final collection' of saved souls at the appearance of the Lord. Whereas God's children will face various 'tribulations' until the Lord returns.

So to have a pre and/or post 'rapture' seems to be moot. The "rapture" being the culling of God's people in a singular event before the end of this Earth.

Jeremiah 30:7
"Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it, it is even the time of Jacobs trouble but he shall be saved out of it".

Deut. 4:30, Isa. 24-27; Daniel 12"1; Matt. 24:15-28, Rev. 12. are only a few of the Scriptures. It is all about God turning His attention to Israel to save them and allow them to turn to Christ.

IMO, a mid or post Rapture makes no sense at all to me and does not conform to the Bibles record. IMO it is either a pre trib. Rapture or no Rapture at all.

1 Thess. 5:9.....Paul speaking of the second coming said of believers,
"For God hath not appointed US(believers) to wrath(judgment) but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ."

1 Thess 5:9 Yes, we will not face HIS wrath or judgement AKA: Hell-but we are still on an Earth that will turn on living Christians in the End Times AKA: Tribulation.....(pre, mid, post 'rapture'-what difference does it make- living Christians will still be pursued and persecuted until the Day the Lord returns...)

That is my assertion anyway. It is my belief that many "Christians" will get a reality check before the Lord returns.

I think teaching any kind of 'get out of jail free' card, or 'escape' doctrine is bordering on false doctrine because the Bible teaches us that if you are one of God's children EXPECT persecution-it does not matter what "age"/ time period you live in.

The idea of not being here when the 'final tribulation' happens is an awesome warm fuzzy moment-But a lot of people are going to DIE with or without hearing and accepting the Gospel....

Yes Jerry, it is a legitimate subject to discuss and wellcome to the forum.

But you need to know that it has been discussed, and discussed and discussed and discussed......................................

Hi Major,

Has it been discussed in connection with the Lord Jesus' words here in view?:

"But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be...Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left" (Mt.24:37,40-41).

So far no one has addressed these verses. Perhaps you will be the first.

IMO, a mid or post Rapture makes no sense at all to me and does not conform to the Bibles record. IMO it is either a pre trib. Rapture or no Rapture at all.

The word "rapture" originated from the Latin translation of the Greek word translated "caught up" in the following verse:

"Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:17).

"deinde nos qui vivimus qui relinquimur simul rapiemur cuv illis in nubibus obviam Domino in aera et sic semper cum Domino erimus" (1 Thess.4:17; Latin Vulgate).

There can be no doubt that a rapture will occur so if you are right it is only a pre-trib rapture which makes sense.

I agree with you.

Well it could be the 50% thing? HALF will be taken-half won't. Is that HALF of all God's children? HALF of the original chosen AKA: Jews? HALF of all people left on Earth at the Time? (If the NWO: New World Order has it's way that will be approximately 250 million people) Is it simply a metaphor? And if it is in reference to "The Day" of the Lord, the day of His return-then it is simply proving my point that there will be believers on Earth when the Lord make His appearance.

Look how much effort we have put into this point....and oh...I haven't told one person about the Gospel today....

Now Jerry.......will that mean they are wanting to be saved because the Rapture took place and they realize they have been left behind.

If that is the case, wouldn't that mean they are being saved because of the Rapture.?????????

The Scriptures tell us that we must believe upon the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved. ........right?

Right, but please look again at what I said here:

"After that there will be thousands and thousands of people who will take a fresh look at the Scriptures and many of them will be converted when they believe the gospel."

That says if one has heard the gospel of the Lord Jesus and rejected it, they can not be saved after the Rapture.

What say you???

I say that the verses you quoted say nothing about anyone not being able to be saved after the rapture. The verses are specifically talking of those who "received not the love of the truth that they might be saved." Those words strongly imply that during this time some can indeed receive the love of the truth and be saved.

Right, but please look again at what I said here:

"After that there will be thousands and thousands of people who will take a fresh look at the Scriptures and many of them will be converted when they believe the gospel."

I say that the verses you quoted say nothing about anyone not being able to be saved after the rapture. The verses are specifically talking of those who "received not the love of the truth that they might be saved." Those words strongly imply that during this time some can indeed receive the love of the truth and be saved.

Indeed they do but you are not understanding them I think.

1 Thess. 2:12..
"That they ALL might be damned who believe not the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness".

My friend......that clearly says that there will be people who heard and rejected and by that action will be damed.
IMO , anyone who rejects the gospel today can not be saved after the Rapture.

Fellow post-tribbers,
I know you have been holding your tongues, as have I. If you do decide to add to this discussion, I strongly advise you to view Jerry's postings on PFRS forums and his mini-debate with Tim Warner. Several people on that forum tried to address Jerry's points, but Jerry would simply slide to his next point of contention and never staying on the OP. Jerry was eventually banned from PFRS forums for not being straightforward.
I just think you should know what you are in for if you take his bait.

Ahhhh, you see, we all have an agenda!!!

Hi Major,

Has it been discussed in connection with the Lord Jesus' words here in view?:

So far no one has addressed these verses. Perhaps you will be the first.

The word "rapture" originated from the Latin translation of the Greek word translated "caught up" in the following verse:

"Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:17).

"deinde nos qui vivimus qui relinquimur simul rapiemur cuv illis in nubibus obviam Domino in aera et sic semper cum Domino erimus" (1 Thess.4:17; Latin Vulgate).

There can be no doubt that a rapture will occur so if you are right it is only a pre-trib rapture which makes sense.

I agree with you.

Yes sir my friend. It has been discussed up one side and down the other.

Fellow post-tribbers,
I know you have been holding your tongues, as have I. If you do decide to add to this discussion, I strongly advise you to view Jerry's postings on PFRS forums and his mini-debate with Tim Warner. Several people on that forum tried to address Jerry's points, but Jerry would simply slide to his next point of contention and never staying on the OP. Jerry was eventually banned from PFRS forums for not being straightforward.
I just think you should know what you are in for if you take his bait.

So then, was he banned for not being a post tribber or for not being stright forward. Because if it is for not being stright forward, there are a lot of peopl on this forum who are in trouble!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back