Our mortal enemy has deceived the church with many lies

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Major is not the word charity actually the word Love. Therefore Love is the topic.

As a child you speak silly and foolish things for you are without wisdom and education or knowledge and understanding.

But we grow up even in the things of God. We that is what we are to do but some folks seem to miss this part. Lol

I am still not understanding to how you arive at this. What am I missing here? I am trying brother.
God Bless
FCJ

Yes. Charity means love.

Yes. Love is the topic.

If we look back to previous chapter we see that is was about the endowment of spiritual gifts. Chapter 13 then tells us about the energy of those gifts.
All gifts of the Spirit are to be exercised in love which is the comparison that Paul is making.

That is why he uses the example of a child when it is young to a man who is mature. Paul singled out tongues, prophecy, inspired knowledge and supernatural faith as representative of all spiritual gifts and contrasted them with love as their superior because love is more important than anything else.

This contrast then has to do with the value of spiritual gifts. You see Jim, Paul said, Not me, (Paul) tongues are temporary and will end. Prophesies will be fulfilled and then become history. Knowledge will cease. An example would be that just 200 years ago we all knew that the world was flat and that the sun revolved around the earth.

But then he compares them to love and say that love will never fade away or end.

I am sorry to have confused you on this topic. It was not my intention at all.

Yes. Charity means love.

Yes. Love is the topic.

If we look back to previous chapter we see that is was about the endowment of spiritual gifts. Chapter 13 then tells us about the energy of those gifts.
All gifts of the Spirit are to be exercised in love which is the comparison that Paul is making.

That is why he uses the example of a child when it is young to a man who is mature. Paul singled out tongues, prophecy, inspired knowledge and supernatural faith as representative of all spiritual gifts and contrasted them with love as their superior because love is more important than anything else.

This contrast then has to do with the value of spiritual gifts. You see Jim, Paul said, Not me, (Paul) tongues are temporary and will end. Prophesies will be fulfilled and then become history. Knowledge will cease. An example would be that just 200 years ago we all knew that the world was flat and that the sun revolved around the earth.

But then he compares them to love and say that love will never fade away or end.

I am sorry to have confused you on this topic. It was not my intention at all.
Major Hi
It's not so much that you confused me but some times we have to UN - Learn things before we can Learn Things.
So with that said I have some serious reading and praying to do.
God Bless and thanks brother for being patient with me !
FCJ

Major Hi
It's not so much that you confused me but some times we have to UN - Learn things before we can Learn Things.
So with that said I have some serious reading and praying to do.
God Bless and thanks brother for being patient with me !
FCJ

I hear you brother.

Please do not take my comments as your guide. I know you will do the work and study to find the correct teaching. There is lots of information on this on line. I had to use books and libraries but now all you have to do is push a button and bingo!

What is at the center of our conversation is a teaching called "Cessationism". It is a Bible doctrine that says the Sign gifts were given to the apostles until the Scriptures were completed then they ceased because the apostles were all dead and the Scriptures were completed. This is the basic thing that separates orthodox Christianity from the Penacostal Charismatics.

Most of the differences between Charismatics and the rest of Christianity revolve around the subject we are discussing. Allow me to list a few web sites that I hope can help anyone more than I can........

http://www.gty.org/Blog/B140505/the-case-for-cessationism-stands
http://www.metropolitantabernacle.o...c-Gifts-have-Ceased-Sword-and-Trowel-Magazinehttp://www.compellingtruth.org/cessationism.html
http://sharperiron.org/article/cessationism-revelation-prophecy

Hello Fish Catcher Jim,

Nothing happens! I can't access either link. I have also not been able to see Major's entries since his return. I see the post numbers and know that an entry has been made, but cannot see it. I see responses to him, but not his posts. The last I saw of Major, was an avatar in which he was called 'an ignored member' or something of that nature. He is not being ignored by me, but has become invisible to me. :)

Frustrating.
Thank you for seeking to help.

Chris

Satan’s lie: The spiritual power gifts were not needed after the Canon was available
1 Corinthians 13:8-10 does NOT refer to the time when the Bible is available.
IMO, almost all of the older denominations have now retracted from their long-held position.
And the newer Bible translations have corrected the long-held misunderstanding of the KJV.
1 Cor 13:10
KJV • “But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.”

'Charity never faileth:
but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail;
whether there be tongues, they shall cease;
whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
When I was a child, I spake as a child,
I understood as a child, I thought as a child:
but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face:
now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three;
but the greatest of these is charity.'

Hello Samuels,

This is perfectly clear when looked at in context.

* This is not Satan's lie, but truth.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

:)

No one is worthy my child.

Is. 53:6........
"All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all."

Rom. 3:10.............
"As it is written: there are none righteous, no, not one".

Matt. 10:37............
“Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me”.

This does not mean that we deserve Jesus, or merit Jesus, or earn Jesus. Nothing we do puts him in a position of owing us anything good.

But in spite of this God saves us anyway because of Jesus.

Eph. 2:4-10............
"But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."
Only because of Jesus does Father even consider us.

I am the righteousness of God In Christ Jesus. Not because we be found in Him but because He Is in me and I am in Him and we go unto the Father.

When we walk in obedience, we be found in His favor also; and His contenance does shine bright IN and THROUGH us. Not because of anything of us, but because HE is ALIVE in us. Amen

It is not our righteousness, but HIS; as we live, move and have our being, we do so unto God.

Too many people still trying to get themselves righteous, rather then just accept and receive the Lord into our heart. Amen

Only because of Jesus does Father even consider us.

I am the righteousness of God In Christ Jesus. Not because we be found in Him but because He Is in me and I am in Him and we go unto the Father.

When we walk in obedience, we be found in His favor also; and His contenance does shine bright IN and THROUGH us. Not because of anything of us, but because HE is ALIVE in us. Amen

It is not our righteousness, but HIS; as we live, move and have our being, we do so unto God.

Too many people still trying to get themselves righteous, rather then just accept and receive the Lord into our heart. Amen

Agreed!

It seems to me that when comparing the context of Scriptures, the "perfect " refers to
the completion of the revelation of the Gospel or the canon of Scriptures.
If you ever are so blessed to receive the baptism with the Holy Spirit
(with the confirmation of a few words in tongues), you will see the truth about this.
My advice to you is to ask, seek, and knock (Matt 7:7-11) about this,
and don't forget the poor little persistent widow who had the right idea!

If you ever are so blessed to receive the baptism with the Holy Spirit
(with the confirmation of a few words in tongues), you will see the truth about this.
My advice to you is to ask, seek, and knock (Matt 7:7-11) about this,
and don't forget the poor little persistent widow who had the right idea!

My dear brother. Why in the world would you judge me as not having been blessed with the baptism of the Holy Spirit when I simply do not agree with your ideas????? I have been baptized in the Holy Spirit of God a long time ago.

I was born and raised in the Charismatic movement and I am well aware of your thinking. I am well aware of those who call themselves "Pentecostals," or "Latter Rain Saints," or members of "Assemblies of God," who place special emphasis on spiritual "gifts and manifestations." I was one at one time and you are most earnest in seeking what you consider the higher things, and for your earnestness I commend you.

But, you my dear brother are confusing denominational teaching with what the Word of God teaches. You are free and welcome to do so but please do not fall into that trap that says "you" are the only one that has the truth and then judge me and others simply because we do not agree with your denomination thinking.

Just so that we are clear, Holy Spirit baptism is mentioned only seven times in the New Testament, namely, in Matt. 3:11; Mark 1:8; Luke 3:16; Jn. 1:33; Acts 1:5, 11:16; and 1 Cor. 12:13. Six out of these seven passages refer to the prophecy of John the Baptist about Christ.

Now to continue this, the Apostle Peter, in reporting what took place at Caesarea, said in Acts 11:15-16........
"And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost".

Now my dear brother, according to the Word of God, when did this baptism take place? Some time after they were converted? No, but at the very time of their conversion. How is it described? Just after the Apostle made the above quotation from the sayings of the Lord regarding this baptism of the Spirit, he adds tells us in Acts 11:17.............
"Forasmuch then as God gave them [Cornelius and his household] the like gift [the gift of the Spirit] as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ [that's regeneration]; what was I, that I could withstand God?"

That is Bible teaching my brother and not denominational theory and it is not my opinion.

The Bible truth then is that we are Baptized into the Holy Spirit When we are United To Christ!

The baptism, then, is the same as the gift of the Holy Spirit. In Acts 10:47 this coming of the Spirit is described as the receiving of the Holy Spirit. That is, on God's part it is a "giving," but on the believer's part it is a "receiving." Now the Holy Spirit is always received at regeneration as I just detailed it for you.

Now then. That is what I believe. If you do not accept that then that is your choice and I do not judge you or condemn you for your choice and I ask that you do the same for me and all the rest of us.

Hello Fish Catcher Jim,

Nothing happens! I can't access either link. I have also not been able to see Major's entries since his return. I see the post numbers and know that an entry has been made, but cannot see it. I see responses to him, but not his posts. The last I saw of Major, was an avatar in which he was called 'an ignored member' or something of that nature. He is not being ignored by me, but has become invisible to me. :)

Frustrating.
Thank you for seeking to help.

Chris
That's what I thought. I believe some how you clicked on ignore for major.
Go to your Profile settings scroll down and you will see people you follow and people you ignore.

Should be about 5 up from the bottom. See if Major's name is in the ignore one and if so click un ignore.
Let me know.
Thank you

Hi Samuel,

I am sorry to interfere with the flow of your thread with my question to Fish Catcher Jim, which necessitated his responses.

---------------------------

'Ye are of God, little children,
and have overcome them:
because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.
They are of the world:
therefore speak they of the world,
and the world heareth them.
We are of God:
he that knoweth God heareth us;
he that is not of God heareth not us.

Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God;
and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
In this was manifested the love of God toward us,
because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world,
that we might live through Him.
Herein is love,
not that we loved God,
but that He loved us,
and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
Beloved, if God so loved us,
we ought also to love one another.
No man hath seen God at any time.
If we love one another,
God dwelleth in us,
and His love is perfected in us.'

(1 John 4:4-12)

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

I was really happy to see this posting of the rules. I prefer to listen to a minister with "credentials" as opposed to one who just feels a calling. But, blasting a minister because you are judging them based on marriage/divorce, sexual orientation, etc. is just plain wrong.

I was really happy to see this posting of the rules. I prefer to listen to a minister with "credentials" as opposed to one who just feels a calling. But, blasting a minister because you are judging them based on marriage/divorce, sexual orientation, etc. is just plain wrong.

What then would be the limits of you acceptance of a pastor?

First, let’s review what Scripture teaches about Satan
“the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world” (Revelation 12:9)
“there is no truth in him ... he is a liar and the father of it” (John 8:44)
“the whole world lies in the power of the evil one” (1 John 5:19)
“the god of this world” (2 Corinthians 4:4)
“the ruler of this world” (John 12:31)
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks
about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour” (1 Peter 5:8)

Satan has convinced the church that many Scriptures are NOT true!
Here are Scripture rebuttals to some of Satan’s lies …

Satan’s lie: You do NOT need to overcome your sinning
• “For the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23)
• “For if you live according to the flesh you will die” (Romans 8:13)
• “He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he will be
My son. But (… examples of sinners …) and all liars shall have their part in the lake
that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:7-8)
• “For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption,
but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.” (Galatians 6:8)
• “For to be carnally-minded is death, but to be spiritually-minded is life and peace.” (Romans 8:6)
• “Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin when it is full-grown
brings forth death. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.” (James 1:15-16)
• “reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men” (2 Peter 3:7)

Is “ungodly” the right term for believers who sin regularly, or shall we call them “godly”?

Satan’s lie: You do NOT need to continually repent of your sins
• “The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness,
but is longsuffering toward us (Christians), not willing that any (of us) should perish
but that all (of us) should come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9)
• “I am not sorry that I sent that severe letter to you … because the pain caused you to
repent and change your ways. It was the kind of sorrow God wants his people to have,
so you were not harmed by us in any way. For the kind of sorrow God wants us to
experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There’s no regret for
that kind of sorrow.” (2 Corinthians 7:8-10, NLT)
• “But IF we walk in the light as He is in the light … the blood of Jesus Christ His Son
cleanses us from all sin … IF we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us
of our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:7-9)

Satan’s lie: You do NOT need to prove that you love Jesus by obeying His commandments
• “If you love Me, keep My commandments.” (John 14:15)
• “He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me.” (John 14:21)
• “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him,
and We will come to him and make Our home with him.” (John 14:23)
• “He who does not love Me does not keep My words …” (John 14:24)
• “He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him.” (Hebrews 5:9)
• “And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey?
So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.” (Hebrews 3:18-19)

Yes, “to not obey is to not believe” -- see the examples of not obeying:
sinning (3:17), rebelling (3:16), hardening of the heart (3:15), not remaining faithful (3:14),
sinning (3:13), evil heart of unbelief (3:12).

Satan’s lie: You do NOT need to maintain your righteousness (i.e. practice righteousness)
• “And they (Zach and Liz) were both righteous before God,
walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.” (Luke 1:6)

Notice above that even people who are NOT born-again can live righteously.
• “… let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous” (1 John 3:7)
• “… you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.” (1 John 2:29)
• “… whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him” (Acts 10:35)
• “… (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness” (Romans 6:16)
• “In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
whoever does NOT practice righteousness is NOT of God” (1 John 3:10)

Notice above that “the children of the devil” do NOT practice righteousness!

Satan’s lie: You do NOT need to prepare for going through the great tribulation
I have an article with 25 verses proving the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine is false.

Satan’s lie: You do NOT need to be progressively sanctified unto holiness
• “… holiness, without which no one will see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14)
• “… so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness” (Romans 6:19)
• “… beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit,
perfecting holiness in the fear of God.” (2 Corinthians 7:1)

Satan’s lie: You do NOT need to have a personal relationship with Father God and Jesus
• “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day,
‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name,
and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them,
‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ (Matthew 7:21-23)
• “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish …” (John 10:27-28)
• “I know My sheep, and am known by My own.” (John 10:14)
• “And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God,
and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.” (John 17:3)

I am being too gracious, if I give Satan all the credit for the condition of the churches!
For those in charge of the churches have been extremely lax in shepherding God’s sheep.
The reasons for their many failures might be obvious to you.
Amen. So true. We are to know our enemy.

A minister might have credentials, but not be born-again. When a person is called by the Lord, you will know, because God will reveal Himself to you.

I promise you that you will NOT be raptured out of here
before the great tribulation of the antichrist.
So, prepare in every way imaginable.

"I think it's more preparing our hearts and getting our lives to line up with God's ways."
We are now in a time and season that the Bible is being fulfilled and we, the church are still here. The A/C will be revealed soon. The book of Daniel is being fulfilled prophecy concerning the end is being fulfilled now, but we the church are still here. It's better to be prepared and not to be. We, the church are to be like the 5 wise virgins that had oil in there lamps, then those other 5 that didn't.

We are now in a time and season that the Bible is being fulfilled and we, the church are still here. The A/C will be revealed soon. The book of Daniel is being fulfilled prophecy concerning the end is being fulfilled now, but we the church are still here. It's better to be prepared and not to be. We, the church are to be like the 5 wise virgins that had oil in there lamps, then those other 5 that didn't.

2nd Thess. 2:7-8...........
" For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
And then shall that Wicked be revealed
, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:"

If the pre-tribulation believers are correct, based on the above Scripture, the Holy Spirit which indwells the believers, and believers make up the church, then "Boom".
The Rapture removes the church and then the A/C is revealed.

But see the topic was really about knowing your enemy. What does it matter if we are raptured before the tribulation or after? The most important thing is this, are you ready? Is the true question. There is much false doctrine that is in the church, but none are lifting up the name of the Messiah, the Gospel is not being preached, nor are the sheep of God being taught about having an intimate relationship with the God of the universe. So no disrespect to anyone on this tread, but what is more important, knowing who your enemy is and being prepared for the King or debating about pre-triblation, post-tribulation or after? Christ has called us into a relationship with Him and to love one another.

Last edited:
Back