Poison - 'end of life choice'

Apr 9, 2020
New York
This is something I've given a great deal of thought to. First of all, I don't think anyone can die unless God allows it. That doesn't mean He wants it to happen, but He has to allow it. I've heard of many cases of botched suicide where very often the person winds up worse than they were before they attempted the suicide. So I don't think attempting suicide is a good idea.

As for medical euthanasia I'm in favor of it only when a person has a terminal disease and is in pain that cannot be stopped. This happens with cancer too often. I do not favor euthanasia for any and all reasons and I think that's what Lanolin is worried about. Very often a depressed person might want to die because when he/she's in the deepest parts of the depression he/she just can't see any reason to stay alive. This is why depression is a true illness. But God has a reason He's keeping that person here and once the person comes out of the deep parts of the depression eventually the reason becomes known, even if it takes several years. I know this because I've seen it happen.

Dec 19, 2014
New Zealand
www.literatelibrarian.com
There's a referendum on now about it in nz called end of life choice bill.
I'm still not sure what would happen if voting yes, but it will stay as it is if voting no.

I know with life support you can turn the machine off, but thats not the same as euthanasia, which is deliberately poisoning someone who's said they want to die. And I've heard they don't even need to be suffering (physically or mentally) or terminally ill, because in Holland people just say I want to die on this date, arrange it, and they don't need much clearance to do it. Of course they pay someone to do it.

Maybe all the other methods of coping with pain, with drugs, alcohol, morphine etc will cease? But then theres also on at the very same time, a referendum on cannabis reform. Whatever it is, people just don't like to be in pain. But it's the human condition to suffer isn't it? Who goes through life without suffering or sorrow?

Aug 9, 2020
BIRMINGHAM
I do not know what to say about this issue. Imagine having paralysis in the entire body and being only able to open the mouth. Imagine being severely physically ill. I do not know what to say, i suppose i would use my faith. Even then with faith there are no guarantees because God can let bad things happen to good people. God has his own will and all we can do is try and work around it, and be very humble about things. I would explore all the options before deciding to take these lethal drugs. It really depends.

Dec 19, 2014
New Zealand
www.literatelibrarian.com
Jesus had paralysis in his entire body and was only able to open his mouth on the cross.
And he still refused drugs...I mean the executioners were ready to poison him to get his death over and done with.

In France people used the guilltoine, meant to be a quicker and easier method of death.